main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Beam My Story Up, Scotty! The Star Trek Fan Fic Index

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Star_Trek_Index, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star_Trek_Index

Star_Trek_Index Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2008
    Greetings to you prospective or current Starfleet writer! It's good to have you here, in our comprehensive index of Star Trek related stories.

This thread is for the purpose of indexing and discussing your Star Trek fan fiction.

If you'd like to submit your story, please pm me (the index sock) with the following data:

Title*:
    Link*: (No need for markup/hyperlink. Just copy and paste the URL)
    Author*:
    Timeframe:
    Characters*:
    Genre*
    Keywords:
    Summary*:
    Notes:

Categories with an asterisk are required. Do not insert markup codes such as the code for bold. I'll do all that myself. Stories will be organized by author, in alphabetical order.

Anyone is allowed to submit your story to this index.

We will have challenges from time to time. Later on, we may have author interviews!

Below is the current challenge, if any.

Thank you, and live long and prosper!

Current Challenge:

*None as of yet*

2. Star_Trek_Index

Aug 8, 2008
    A:

B:

C:

D:

E:

3. Star_Trek_Index

Aug 8, 2008
    F:

G:

H:

I:

J:

K:

4. Star_Trek_Index

Aug 8, 2008
    L:

LordNyax113

Star Trek: Dark Aura
    Timeframe: 2395 (Post-Voyager, Deep Space Nine, Nemesis)
    Characters: Original Characters
    Genre: Series, Round Robin
    Summary: Discover the adventures into the unknown of the U.S.S. Aura
    Notes: A series modeled after the Star Trek TV series, with episodes, plot arcs, engaging characters, and more!

M:

N:

O:

P:

Q

5. Star_Trek_Index

Aug 8, 2008
    R:

RX_Sith

How Do We Change the Lightbulb?
    Timeframe: Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Characters: Jean Luc Picard, William Riker, Data, Geordi La Forge, Worf, etc.
    Genre: Humor
    Summary: It's dark on the USS Enterprise 1701-D and no one knows how to change a lightbulb.
    Authors Notes: Get ready for some TNG humor.

DISCLAIMER: The characters of Star Trek are the property of Parmount which obviously I have no affiliation with.

S:

T:

U:

V:

W:

6. Star_Trek_Index

Aug 8, 2008
    X:

Y:

Z:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge Database:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Author Interviews

7. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I'm not sure when I became a Star Trek fan. Although I'm sure it was in wake of my already exploding Star Wars love.

I was 7 in '77 when Star Wars came out. So, as for Star Trek, I still had no TNG. I must have been searching for any kind of quality SF on TV and discovered, like many others, Star TRek in syndication.

In 1987 when TNG premiered I was very excited and, also, apprehensive. What would it be? Would it live up to TOS? I heard Rodenberry was behind it, so gave me some solice.

Here's the kicker. I've never written a ST story...ever. I'm looking forward to your first challenge to give it a go. I think what scares me about writing ST is looking foolish. Techno-babble is way out of my comfort zone. However, I'm silly enough to think ST is only about science. I look forward to exploring characters and situations.

For me, one the most intriguing things Picard ever did was show emotion. Whether he was angry (The First Duty), bearing Sarek's emotional breakdown (Sarek), or declaring his love for Lwaxana Troi (Menage A' Troi), Picard's emotional side has always been compelling for me. Perhaps that could be a challenge.

Thanks for this thread. I look forward to entering a new fan fiction fandom.

8. LordNyax113

LordNyax113 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 11, 2007
    Index here, on my main account. Just thought I'd share my story.

I love Star Trek, and originally got into it through Voyager. I watched the whole series in its run, then got into DS9 and TNG. I'm ashamed to say I've watched little to none of TOS. :(

I can't wait to post the first challenge. Hopefully we'll get some more people here soon, and enough for a challenge.

9. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey guys! Sorry we didn't make it more clear, but Index threads and discussion threads need to be kept separate, please!

10. Star_Trek_Index

Aug 8, 2008
    Done! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.