main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Bear and Bantha, February Obi, Siri Challenge a little Obi-Wan (6) vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Bear and Bantha
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: pre JA
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Siri, Qui-Gon, OC?s
    Genre: vignette for SiriWan challenge 2
    Keywords:
    Summary: Obi-Wan (6) makes a cake and Siri (4) makes a Valentine present.
    Disclaimer: Star Wars is owned by G.L.

With the point of his tongue between his missing front-teeth the little 6 year old ginger haired boy was quite busy. He was standing on a bench and that way he could reach to the counter. He was stirring in a large bowl.

Serinka ? a Serindian humanoid and one of the cooks of the Jeditemple ? was smiling when he saw the batter covering almost the entire counter, the boy and the floor of his kitchen.
    ?Obi-Wan, we need some of that batter to fill this form.?

?Mastuh Sewinka, no. Othew fowm, that heawt shaped one.? Obi-Wan pointed at another form hanging from a hook. ?Uhh. Apologies fow bad speech Mastuh.?

?No need to apologise Obi-Wan, with me it was the same when I was changing teeth.?

?Mastuh Miwewt told me also.?

?Why do you need that heart shaped form??

?Fow Mastuh Qui-gee. Thwee yeaws now that Xanatoss has left the Temple. Is fow him to give comfowt.?

?That?s alright with me. He will be home on the 14th of Kelona and I am sure Obi-Wan that your cake will give him some comfort.?

?Dough is tassty? and Obi-Wan licked his fingers.

?Come Obi-Wan that?s enough stirring. The batter is ready.?

Serinka took the bowl and gave Obi-Wan the readied form.
    He poured the batter and Obi-Wan gave him a big smile when the form was put in the oven.

---

Unknown to the two in the kitchen a blonde haired girl had seen and heard them and now she was continuing her journey through the crawl-ducts back towards the crèche. She smiled and now she knew a way to impress the ginger haired older boy from the Bear clan.
    She was from the Bantha clan and a soft giggle escaped her lips when she neared the exit of the duct. ?Again home before the master knows. Uh oh?

?Siri Tachi!?

?Yes Master Sephiin.?

?Duct crawling again. What should I do with you??

?Uh, help me make a present.?

?A present? Master Sephiin couldn?t suppress a smile when he saw the disheveled blonde hair framing the dirty face and the innocent sky blue eyes of the girl staring down from the grate.

?And for who is that present??

?For an initiate of the Bear clan.?

?And what do you need??

?Paper and jellybeans.?

?Come, let?s clean you up and I will see.? Crèche master Jos Sephiin helped Siri out of the crawl-duct.

---

Obi-Wan gave Serinka a big smile when his cake was put in a box. And that smile got even bigger when his crèche master ? Rian Solma ? came to accompany him to the apartment of Master Jinn.

?Mastuh Wian! The cake is finished.?

?I can see you have enjoyed your stay with Master Serinka. Was there enough dough left for baking??

?Yes Mastuh? and Obi-Wan gave him a big smile. He began to giggle when he saw Serinka coming with a wetted towel folded into a shape resembling a mouth.

Serinka said ?I see, I see a dirty boy? and he moved the towel. ?I can clean him. He is tasty!?

Giggling Obi-Wan ducked under the table and saw Serinka coming with the towel ?tasty dough.?

Master Rian Solma said ?yes Mister Towel. Some clean up before we go to see Master Jinn. He sure doesn?t want to see a dirty boy.?

Obi-Wan crawled back and a short time later he was clean and smiled.

?Now I am dirty. Nice to have helped you Obi-Wan?

?Yes Mastuh Towel. Mastuh Sewinka thank you too!? Obi-Wan gave Serinka a big hug and followed Master Solma who was carrying the box.

---

?Mastuh Qui-Gee, have a pwesent fow you? Obi-Wan beamed and ran into the outstretched arms of Qui-Gon Jinn.

Master Solma gave a big smile seeing the happy face. A face that knew little joy since the day that Xanatos had left the Jedi. Qui-Gon had been under his care during his initiate days and had been a happy young boy. Some of that youthful happiness disappeared when he became the Padawan of Count Dooku, a stern master but he had enjoyed the visits of Qui-Gon telling him of his adventures and showing him the results of his tests.

Qui-Gon sa

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    So sweet!

3. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Jaidyn_Knightfall Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2008
    This is really cute, earlybird-obi-wan! I loved the part about the bugs; that was too funny!

Great job with the Challenge!

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww...that was so adorable and sweet!

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Is fow him to give comfowt.

How wonderful and typical of Obi-Wan to help someone who is hurting.

Great response to the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    That was so sweet earlybird! Obi-Wan doesn't like bugs, aww. [face_laugh]

Qui-Gon said ?I will try the cake.?

?Mastuh Qui-Gee Mastuh Yoda always says do or don?t thewe is no twy.?

That part was my favorite. It made me smile without even knowing it. :)

Great job and keep up the great work.

=D= =D= =D=

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006

7. CrystalSaber_1

CrystalSaber_1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2008
    Oh my gosh!
    That was so sweet! I loved it! [face_love]

8. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4