main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Bearing the Chosen - L/M - Romance/Angst - Complete April 03, 2006 - Author Thanks July 30, 2006

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    This is hilarious. I'm loving it so far. Can't wait til the next part

2. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    ZaraValinor - It's the next Chosen One prophecy. Except this baby actually has a father, but doesn't have a father.
    Okay, that made my head hurt... but I would expect nothing less from you! ;)

KELIA - What a plot twist! - Thanks! :)

MirandaFair - RedGold, you've done it again! You're not known as the Queen of All Things Cliffie for no reason.
    Well, I do try... ;) [face_devil]

BigFatty - Oooo... *rubs hands together in anticipation* this is going to be good.
    I hope so! [face_worried] :p

TheCrazyRodian - You're KIDDING. HAH! What a 'fic!
    I wish I was... or really, Luke wishes I was... :(

RebelMom - I think Luke is as shocked as Mara.
    I think he would like to remember conceiving a child... ;)

princess_melissa - This is hilarious. I'm loving it so far.
    Thanks! :)

The muse has struck me on this one... so I might post tonight!

3. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    Here is the first chapter of the fiction. I really should be working on my other WIPs instead of doing this, but two things:

1) The muse doesn't want to cooperate with me. I have tried and tried to work on my other stuff and it's just not working for me. Maybe if I get this out of my system I'll have better luck?

2) I'm writing this for a friend who sends me stuff from America since I get homesick for the simple things... like Bisquick... and Airheads... and just about everything else in the candy department... and oh, mexican food... and measuring cups that are in cups not pints... you know... the simple things...

Anyway, for those who read my other two WIP fics that aren't complete, Path and Haven, I'm still working on them, just slowly.

I hope this makes up for it on some level!

Oh, and since this will be posted as I write it, I offer a PM service if you wish to subscribe.

Chapter 1

?There must be a mistake somewhere,? Luke managed a reply to Mara?s accusation that he was the father of her child.

?Genetics don?t lie,? she yelled at him, quickly standing from her seat and crossing the distance between them, blaster still raised, ?nor the Force!?

Taking his eyes from the deadly weapon, deadly because a hormonal pregnant lady who used to be an assassin was holding it, he risked a glance at her tummy. A simple probe with the Force revealed the still developing child.

?Can?t be?? he whispered in shock.

?See!? she screeched, the blaster barrel butting up against his chest. ?What did you do to me??

?I didn?t do anything,? he shot back, trying to calculate his escape from the blaster while being uttered confused at the evidence presented to him.

?This baby didn?t make itself!? she was visibly fuming now.

A thought struck Luke. It was the very reason he had come to Coruscant in the first place. ?Maybe it did??

Wrong thing to say.

Luke managed to dodge the blaster shot only by the sake of his Jedi abilities. He pushed the chair backwards, the beam racing over his head. Rolling with the chair he flipped and landed on his feet.

Automatically his hand had went to his lightsaber, but he refused to unclip it from his belt. Instead he gripped Mara?s blaster with the Force, yanking it from her hand and sending it spiralling into the hallway.

Wasting no time she rushed him, her fists out. Backing up as he blocked her assault he was torn. He didn?t want to harm the baby but she needed to stop attacking and listen to him for a moment.

Seeing an opening he grabbed her wrist as he placed his foot behind hers. Putting her off balance he managed to pivot her around.

?Don?t touch me!? she screamed as she struggled against him.

With one hand across the bottom of her ribcage, well above the baby, and the other hand still holding her wrist, he held her firm. ?Think of the baby.?

Her body quickly stiffened, one hand moving to her belly. Luke sensed out at the presence and found it agitated, but otherwise fine, much to his relief.

?Damn you, Skywalker,? she growled, ?damn you to hell.?

?Mara,? he ignored her outburst, ?we need to think about this logically, it?s what you?re good at.?

?Let go of me,? she gave a slight jerk against his arms.

?I will if you promise to listen.?

She jerked again, but gave an angry sigh. ?Alright, fine, I?ll listen. Just stop touching me.?

?Okay,? he released her slowly, ?thank you.?

Pulling away she stomped over to the sofa and flopped down, arms protectively wrapped around her midriff. ?What did you do to me??

?I swear I didn?t do anything,? he reiterated as he tipped his chair back up to sit. ?Think about it. I?ve been on Yavin for the past seven months working with the Jedi Academy and you?ve been all over the place with your job. This is the first time we?ve been on the same planet together, let alone seen each other, since you left.?

She opened her mouth, then closed it, then opened it again and said, ?So??

?So I haven?t seen you in five months,? he sighed. ?Had I done

4. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Not as fun as if L/M got to...uh...make the baby together, but interesting.

Luke is Mara's baby's "nephew".

Maybe you should take the "L/M" out of the title. ;)

Hmmm...my brain cannot think of where this is going. I can't wait to find out, though. :D

ETA: I forgot to say, I really like the time-frame you've put this in.

5. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Luke is Mara's baby's nephew? LOL That sounds like one of the crazy theories we would cook up on the Sex thread.

Great update.

AG88

6. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    *whistles* Poor Mara! All the cons of pregnancy and none of the pros - i.e. the prelude, LOL.

I'm glad that Luke is finding out about his father and heritage. (His grandfather is the Force - I love it!)

Looking forward to where you take this! :)

(2) I'm writing this for a friend who sends me stuff from America since I get homesick for the simple things... like Bisquick... and Airheads... and just about everything else in the candy department... and oh, mexican food... and measuring cups that are in cups not pints... you know... the simple things...

Anyway, for those who read my other two WIP fics that aren't complete, Path and Haven, I'm still working on them, just slowly.

Will you finish Thin if I send you something from the States? [face_batting] :D )

7. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    ?Damn you, Skywalker,? she growled, ?damn you to hell.? [face_laugh]

?I bet they rethought that when he was running them through with his saber [face_laugh] I doubt it. They were probably thinking oh crap!

Interesting.

8. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    RedGold

Date Posted: 6:56am Subject: RE: Mara Challenge Response
    ZaraValinor - It's the next Chosen One prophecy. Except this baby actually has a father, but doesn't have a father.
    Okay, that made my head hurt... but I would expect nothing less from you!

Okay now who's making who's head hurt. This is like Arrian being his own father's uncle.

9. Trepidation

Trepidation Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2005
    I was hoping you would take the seed you planted and grow it out. Nice start!

Cheers,
    Trep

10. Jadie

Jadie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    This is getting interesting. :)

So... he is Mara's baby's nephew, ahn??? 8-} [face_laugh]

I wanna see where you take this, so please PM me! [face_batting]

11. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Woot! Chapter 1 is UP! [face_dancing]

Excellent start. Lot's of laughs...having trouble hiding them here at my desk...as other co-workers suspiciously look my way. I'll make up for it here: [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Really good job explaining everything...so Luke's the nephew? *rubs forehead* I need an Advil. ;)

Poor Mara...missing out on the fun that led to everything.
    Great start, RG!=D= Can't wait to see where this goes.

12. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Very interesting, RedGold? if you could PM me when you update, I'd appreciate it.

Mother's uncle's nephew's friend's baby?????

KT

13. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    This looks like an excellent fic!

I've seen the multiple chosen ones theory before...

Marsa did a vig...

oh yeah! I did one! :p

Send me those PMs!!!

14. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    WOW - 2 chosen ones

:eek: :eek:

I'm intrigued...nice update!

=D= =D= =D=

15. Lady_Jade

Lady_Jade Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    A second Chosen One??!! Can the galaxy handle another? ;)

This just keeps getting more interesting. Poor Mara. She's gonna have a long road ahead. But maybe with Luke by her side...........

16. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Yep, I'm suckered in. Good job and keep the PMs coming please.

17. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    ginchy - Not as fun as if L/M got to...uh...make the baby together, but interesting.
    Not as fun for luke and mara as well...

Maybe you should take the "L/M" out of the title.
    Nah... it has a purpose...

Hmmm...my brain cannot think of where this is going. I can't wait to find out, though.
    mmuuwwwaaahhhahahaha.... [face_devil]

ETA: I forgot to say, I really like the time-frame you've put this in.
    Cool.

AG88 - Luke is Mara's baby's nephew? LOL That sounds like one of the crazy theories we would cook up on the Sex thread.
    Probably... [face_worried]

Trace - *whistles* Poor Mara! All the cons of pregnancy and none of the pros - i.e. the prelude, LOL.
    Sucks... doesn't it... :(

I'm glad that Luke is finding out about his father and heritage. (His grandfather is the Force - I love it!)
    Always a good thing in my book!

Will you finish Thin if I send you something from the States?
    Um... well... what are we talking here? [face_thinking]

FelsGoddess - I doubt it. They were probably thinking oh crap!
    Among other things... hehehehehhe

ZaraValinor - Okay now who's making who's head hurt. This is like Arrian being his own father's uncle.
    I blame you. :p

Trepidation - I was hoping you would take the seed you planted and grow it out. Nice start!
    Let's just hope this one keeps growing... I have been known to kill a few. :(

Jadie - So... he is Mara's baby's nephew, ahn???
    It's my version of a StarWars soap opera... 8-}

MirandaFair - Lot's of laughs...having trouble hiding them here at my desk...as other co-workers suspiciously look my way.
    ah... let them be suspicious... mmuuwwwhahahaha

Really good job explaining everything...so Luke's the nephew? *rubs forehead* I need an Advil.
    You probably need two!

Poor Mara...missing out on the fun that led to everything.
    That seems to be the general consesus... ;)

Killik Twiligh - Mother's uncle's nephew's friend's baby?????
    Suddenly I'm reminded of SpaceBalls!

Vongchild - I've seen the multiple chosen ones theory before...
    Marsa did a vig...
    oh yeah! I did one!

Really? I didn't know, but I'm not surprised that the idea hadn't been picked up before.

KELIA - WOW - 2 chosen ones
    The galaxy couldn't really deal with one... :(

Lady Jade - A second Chosen One??!! Can the galaxy handle another?
    Probably not... :p

This just keeps getting more interesting. Poor Mara. She's gonna have a long road ahead. But maybe with Luke by her side...........
    well... [face_whistling]

BigFatty - Yep, I'm suckered in.
    The circle is complete! MMUUUWWWAHAHAHAHHA

sorry, I just love being evil...

18. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Oh, super idea, RedGold!

I love the way you're developing this ... keep it coming!

oldj

19. LVB

LVB Jedi Master star 1

Feb 23, 2005
    Wow, didn't realise you'd "officially" start this so soon! Once again, I love it. The idea is phenomenal. Another Chosen One? Mara's in for one hellofa ride!

20. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Very interesting...Two chosen ones? Great premise.

Will Luke and Mara get to enjoy some baby-making activities of their own at somepoint in the story, though? :D

?This baby didn?t make itself!? she was visibly fuming now.

A thought struck Luke. It was the very reason he had come to Coruscant in the first place. ?Maybe it did??

Wrong thing to say.

[face_laugh] Clueless as always....

21. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Yeah. It's been picked at. My fic "Vessel of the Force" and Marsa's vig "No One Is Alone" approached the topic of repeating chosen ones.

22. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Hmm. Makes sense to me. 8-}
    Didn't realize you'd start so soon. Glad though.

23. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Call me fascinated...and stick me on the PM list

24. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    This is awesome!

deadly because a hormonal pregnant lady who used to be an assassin was holding it,
    Yeah, that might be a little scary :p

I also love the joke about Luke being the baby's nephew [face_laugh]

I can't wait for the next chapter...If you could add me to the PM list that would be great!

25. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Oh boy. I have a feeling McEwok is going to love this one. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.