main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Bearing the Chosen - L/M - Romance/Angst - Complete April 03, 2006 - Author Thanks July 30, 2006

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    ?So I haven?t seen you in five months,? he sighed. ?Had I done anything to you then you would be much farther along.?

?Could be time delayed?? she argued.

You threw that in after reading Unseen Queen, didn't you? [face_laugh] (most far-fetched canon plot point I can ever remember reading.)

I liked your reasoning on how Anakin brought balance to the Force. Can't wait to see where you go with this story. Translation = keep me on the PM list. :D

2. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002
    :D :D :D

[face_love]I think that may quite possibly be the best thing i've read all night. =D= This is fantastic RedGold. I'm so glad i decided to procrastinate on my neurosci ;)

if you don't mind, i would love to be on the PM list for updates.
    can't wait for the next chapter :)

;) paige

3. _ThatJediScum_

_ThatJediScum_ Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    I'm really liking this! I can't wait until Leia finds out! ;oD)) Good times ahead!

bran
    _ThatJediScum_

4. AzulSaber

AzulSaber Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2005
    Gah! My head hurts now! Luke being the baby's nephew? 8-}

Seriously, this is quite an interesting development. I can't wait to see how you work out this idea of another Chosen One.

What is Leia going to say? [face_thinking]

Update soon! :)

5. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    Well...this is interesting.

6. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    Nice! Great start to what is sure to be a memorable fic! I'll be keeping an eye on this one for sure!

7. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    oldjedinurse - I love the way you're developing this ... keep it coming!
    Thanks! :) I hope to have chapter two up tonight!

LVB - Wow, didn't realise you'd "officially" start this so soon!
    I didn't know either. The muse has a tendency to beat me to death until I do as it says. :(

Once again, I love it. The idea is phenomenal. Another Chosen One? Mara's in for one hellofa ride!
    Indeed she is... [face_devil]

JadeLotus - Will Luke and Mara get to enjoy some baby-making activities of their own at somepoint in the story, though?
    There is a possibility... but at the same time I have to get my fill of evilness or else I'll die... [face_whistling]

Vongchild - Yeah. It's been picked at. My fic "Vessel of the Force" and Marsa's vig "No One Is Alone" approached the topic of repeating chosen ones.
    Cool. :)

RebelMom - Hmm. Makes sense to me.
    That makes one of us! 8-}

n't realize you'd start so soon. Glad though.
    Thanks! :)

jade51999 - Call me fascinated...
    Call me irresponsible! ;)

mavjade - Yeah, that might be a little scary
    just a touch ;)

I also love the joke about Luke being the baby's nephew
    hehehe... thanks! :)

The Pariah - Oh boy. I have a feeling McEwok is going to love this one.
    Ah yes... Ewok... he has been quiet of late... hhmmmm [face_thinking]

Jedi-2B - You threw that in after reading Unseen Queen, didn't you? (most far-fetched canon plot point I can ever remember reading.)
    Actually I haven't... why do I not want to know??

I liked your reasoning on how Anakin brought balance to the Force.
    Thank you. I always like putting in my personal opinions into these fics. :)

Ariapaige -I think that may quite possibly be the best thing i've read all night.
    Wootels! ;) :D

This is fantastic RedGold. I'm so glad i decided to procrastinate on my neurosci
    I have no idea what that is! [face_worried]

_ThatJediScum_ - I can't wait until Leia finds out! ;oD)) Good times ahead!
    Oh yeah... you could call them that... [face_worried] :p

AzulSaber - Seriously, this is quite an interesting development. I can't wait to see how you work out this idea of another Chosen One.
    Thanks! I hope it works out too! :)

What is Leia going to say?
    A lot... but will it be good? [face_worried]

aurrasingrules101 - Well...this is interesting.
    Glad you think so. :)

Azeria_Jade - Nice! Great start to what is sure to be a memorable fic!
    That's what I'm hoping for! :D Thanks!

Hoping to update tonight. Got a new comp and have to put on all my programs, including WORD... That's the only problem with buying a custom build and when I say custom... I mean CUSTOM! *hugs her new 2500 AMD*

8. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    *is still hugging her 2500 AMD*... oh... yeah... you might want this post... :D

Chapter 2

Mara sat at Luke?s kitchen table staring at a plate of strizzleberries. He had sat them out for her before he left hoping she would eat something. She had to smile at his kindness that bordered on over protectiveness.

He would make a good husband and father some day.

Thoughts of paternity brought her back to reality. She, of all people, was going to be a mother. A helpless fragile being was going to depend on her for protection, comfort, food, and support.

Quickly she rushed to the refresher and threw up bits she hadn?t remembered eating.

Groaning she made her way to the sink, which could have been a mile away as far as she could care at the moment. She opened the small compartment in search of something to wash her mouth out. Settling on a rinse she took a healthy swing and spat it out after rolling the liquid across her tongue. She then put everything back and cleaned the sink, not wanting to leave a mess for Luke to have to deal with.

Closing the compartment she found herself gazing into her own eyes for the first time since the med droid had told her she was pregnant. Her eyes were blood-shot and hair a knotted mass of wannabe curls.

?There?s mother material for you,? she laughed at her image.

With a disgusted sigh she walked back into the kitchen, flopping down in front of the same berries.

?I can?t do this,? she whispered into the air.

She didn?t know the first thing about babies. What if she caused it serious harm through her ignorance or even killed it? Would she know when it was hungry, or wet, or one of the millions of other reasons babies cry? Could she teach it right from wrong considering her own background in the subject?

Chosen One?

As if she didn?t have enough to worry about, now her child had the potential to become the next Vader.

Once again she broke into tears, something she wasn?t prone to do but couldn?t stop herself of late. Her head was in her hands, water seeping through onto the table top.

She couldn?t do this. She could do anything but she couldn?t do this.

What if she gave it up? Would he reach his destiny? Would it make him fall? Is this how Anakin fell? She was an orphan, could she do that to another?

It will be okay.

Mara wasn?t sure if the voice came from Luke through the Force or if it was merely an echo of his parting words. Regardless, she rolled the statement over in her mind.

How could it be okay? She was going to birth a Chosen child of the Force in a galaxy just getting over the last one.

It will be okay. I promise.

Settling back in her chair she took a deep breath and placed her hand on her stomach. She reached out for the presence that was so much like Luke?s, strong yet innocent. Even at this stage it responded, if only on a basic level of emotions.

Maybe she was just fooling herself, but she swore the child loved her already. It didn?t care what she had been, what she was, or her skill level, she was mom and that?s all that mattered.

Bursting into another round of tears she held herself close with the realization that she loved the child back. It might not be technically hers, but she didn?t care. She would do whatever it took to keep the child safe, even if it meant swallowing her own pride and asking for help.

Her baby would have the most normal childhood she could give it, all things considered, she promised.

A smile crossed her lips and she took a nice clean breath. Perhaps things would be okay after all?

Realizing she still looked a right mess she hoped Luke wouldn?t mind if she borrowed his shower to clean up before Cilghal and Tionne came over. Turning the water on and letting it warm she slipped out of her loose tunic and trousers and under the fine spray. Cleansers were basic brands but she wasn?t about to be picky.

Towelling off she didn?t want to slip back into her old clothes, they were wet with tears and sweat. Luke was her best friend, sure

9. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Uhhhh...LOL A marriage of convenience? Should be interesting...if Mara doesn't continue to believe he's joking in the next post.

That Force is one sneaky match-maker, huh? ;)

Great post!

10. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    [face_laugh] RedGold that was great!

?So we get married, all problems solved.?

?What did I tell you about making jokes??

I laughed SO hard at that point! :D

~CS

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Another amazing chapter! =D= I LOVE the title, btw!

12. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    I don't think Luke and Mara getting married would solve all of the problems that I sense coming upon them? but hopefully it'll be enough.

Great job!

KT

13. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I like how this chosen one is not going to burdened with the knowledge of being a chosen one.
    I can't help but wonder if Anakin's fate would have been different if he hadn't known.

Loved the update!

=D==D= =D= =D=

14. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    Fantastic update! Thanks a pile for the PM too! This is sure getting interesting. Can't wait to see what Mara's reaction to Luke's "joke" is. Hee hee. More blasterfire?

15. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Hilarious chappy. Especially the ending.

I'd go into more detail but my brother is reading over my shoulder and I don't want to draw attention to myself. :p

-Vongy

16. AzulSaber

AzulSaber Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2005

[face_laugh]

That was a great update! Oh I love how this is going...now Luke and Mara will be forced to bond (though we know they both really want to anyway) and all while Mara's pregnant! Hopefully she won't kill him during one of the mood swings.

I also like how they're not going to tell the child that he/she's the Chosen One. Makes it a lot easier on the little kid.

Can't wait for the next part!

17. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Oh, I loved this update!

Poor Mara. She's so ill-equipped to handle pregnancy, and that's hard because she's so well-equipped to deal with almost anything else.

I had a feeling Luke would make that offer. She may think he's kidding - I'm betting that he's not!

Looking forward to the next installment.

oldj

18. Jadie

Jadie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    How can everything be so easy for Luke?
    He's such a naive Jedi... :rolleyes:

I wanna be in Mara's skin! :_| :p

19. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Heh.

I was waiting for the inevitable smack that was to come with that comment.

hilarious...and it just gets more intersting

20. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Great chapter. Luke is such a noble guy. I can't wait for the next update!!

AG88

21. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    "What did I tell you about making jokes?

*rolling on the floor*

That is awesome!! I love it, this is hilarious! I can't wait to see how things work out, you've got a real doosey here!

22. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Luke's idea is the best. If all will assume might as well make it so. I think the hormones are getting to Mara - she didn't slap him. ;)

23. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    Oh, RedGold, that's great!:D More, More!

?It is most likely that it will resemble Master Skywalker sans whatever visible traits he inherited from his mother,? Cilghal agreed.
    ?Oh, great,? Mara was as sarcastic as possible, ?I can?t wait to see the holoreporters get a hold of this.?
    ?Blonde hair and blue eyes are not uncommon,? Tionne retorted, ?just look at Kam.?
    ?Oh, even better,? Mara rubbed her temples.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] That cracked me up. I could so see Mara acting like that!

[face_laugh] Mara, I don't think he was!

Great work!

~Misha

24. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    [face_love] Thrown together by fate, I mean the Force. True love can't be too far behind:* [face_love] 7

25. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Poor Mara having to deal with the normal parental worries, but also the fact that the baby is the choosen one. I don't envy her...well ok maybe I do, but not for the worry part:p

Leave it to Luke to do the noble thing...he is so sweet.

I can't wait for the next chapter, I wan't to know how Mara will react when she realizes he was being serious.

By the way...thanks for the PM!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.