main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Bearing the Chosen - L/M - Romance/Angst - Complete April 03, 2006 - Author Thanks July 30, 2006

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LVB

LVB Jedi Master star 1

Feb 23, 2005
    This just keeps getting better and better! I knew Luke would say something like that! He's such a kind and compassionate person. And now, this opens the door for lots of L/M goodness!

So is the baby a 100% Made-Like-Anakin baby or did the Force still bring Luke goodness into the mix? Either way, I'm dying to read more of this :D

2. _ThatJediScum_

_ThatJediScum_ Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Oh sweetie! LOL!!! He's not joking! This just gets better and better!

bran
    _ThatJediScum_

3. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Gee, Mara, so you think Luke would make a great husband and father, and he all but proposed? *sigh* Farmboy's not the only clueless one.

I adore Mara thinking of "already" loving the child, and that it loves her back. It will be inetersting to see how the Mara of this era and stage of her life will deal with having a child. (As opposed to NJO wife and Jedi).

?The child can not know he?s a Chosen One,? he firmly set his jaw to the matter.

Mara was about to question him when it became clear to her from what he said earlier. ?If he is destined to do something, he will do it. There is no need to burden him with the knowledge that at some point in his life he?ll do something that apparently will have a vast effect on the galaxy.?

Oh, thank god! Someone has sense.

Mara wearing Luke's clothes? [face_love]

4. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    ?The child can not know he?s a Chosen One,? he firmly set his jaw to the matter.

Watching TPM last night I was thinking the same thing! Stupid Jedi!

This scenario for Mara and Luke is awsome, are you sending PM upon updating?

5. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    ginchy - Uhhhh...LOL A marriage of convenience? Should be interesting...if Mara doesn't continue to believe he's joking in the next post.
    interesting... or explosive... [face_worried]

That Force is one sneaky match-maker, huh?
    Very... ;)

Courtney - I laughed SO hard at that point!
    I was hoping it would garner a few smiles... :D

VaderLVR64 -I LOVE the title, btw!
    Really? Cool! I was kinda iffy about it when I decided on it. Thanks. :)

KT - I don't think Luke and Mara getting married would solve all of the problems that I sense coming upon them? but hopefully it'll be enough.
    I'm sure you're right... it's going to take more then a marriage license to figure out this mess. [face_whistling]

KELIA - I like how this chosen one is not going to burdened with the knowledge of being a chosen one. I can't help but wonder if Anakin's fate would have been different if he hadn't known.
    I wonder that too, which is one of the ways this bunny came into existence. :)

Azeria_Jade -Can't wait to see what Mara's reaction to Luke's "joke" is. Hee hee. More blasterfire?
    ooooo... there's an option... [face_thinking]

Vongchild - I'd go into more detail but my brother is reading over my shoulder and I don't want to draw attention to myself.
    You know what to do... just lock the brother in the closet for a few hours.. will do him good... ;)

AzulSaber - Oh I love how this is going...now Luke and Mara will be forced to bond (though we know they both really want to anyway) and all while Mara's pregnant! Hopefully she won't kill him during one of the mood swings.
    I see shoes being thrown... mmmuuwwwahahahahaha [face_devil]

I also like how they're not going to tell the child that he/she's the Chosen One. Makes it a lot easier on the little kid.
    Definetly... but let's see if the parents can get along?

oldjedinurse - Poor Mara. She's so ill-equipped to handle pregnancy, and that's hard because she's so well-equipped to deal with almost anything else.
    Exactly. She's finally faced with something over her head and she doesn't know what to do. Luckly she has farmboy to help her. :)

I had a feeling Luke would make that offer. She may think he's kidding - I'm betting that he's not!
    Luke never kids...

okay... maybe he does... but not this time!

Jadie - How can everything be so easy for Luke? He's such a naive Jedi...
    That's just how his pretty little mind works! ;)

I wanna be in Mara's skin!
    Don't we all!

jade51999 - I was waiting for the inevitable smack that was to come with that comment.
    Who says it's not coming? [face_whistling]

AG88 - Luke is such a noble guy.
    He is... isn't he... :) To bad it will come and bite him in the ass later. [face_whistling]

AvenKiel - That is awesome!! I love it, this is hilarious! I can't wait to see how things work out, you've got a real doosey here!
    This really wasn't meant to be a comedy but it is becoming a doosy to right in the banter department. Thanks!

RebelMom - Luke's idea is the best. If all will assume might as well make it so.
    Makes sense to me!

I think the hormones are getting to Mara - she didn't slap him.
    Yes... gotta love the hormones... allows me to write Mara slightly out of character at times... [face_devil]

DreamingIce - That cracked me up. I could so see Mara acting like that!
    Welcome aboard! And thanks! Mara is always fun to write acting up.

jedi7 - Thrown together by fate, I mean the Force. True love can't be too far behind
    But of course... ;) Welcome!

mavjade - Poor Mara having to deal with the normal parental worries, but also the fact that the baby is the choosen one. I don't envy her...well ok maybe I do, but not for the worry part
    Who doesn't want to be Mara? Seriously? ;)

LVB - I knew Luke would say something like that! He's such a kind and compassionate person. And now, this opens the door for

6. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I knew Luke would make a suggestion like that! Now we just have to get Mara to accept. :D

I'll bet he thought Mara looked better in his clothes than he does. ;) I'm glad you paused in hugging your new computer long enough to post.

You threw that in after reading Unseen Queen, didn't you? (most far-fetched canon plot point I can ever remember reading.)
    Actually I haven't... why do I not want to know??

If you haven't read it, then I'll say no more. [face_shhh]

7. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002

"So we get married, all problems solved."

?What did I tell you about making jokes??

:D :D that's fantastic! :D
    on the other side, yay for Luke and Mara getting married![face_dancing] i can't wait to see how this turns out.

onward!

;) paige

ps: sorry about that, it's my class, "introduction to neuroscience" we get to poke at brains and stuff on good days, but i had an exam coming up last time i posted.

8. Lady_Jade

Lady_Jade Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    "So we get married, all problems solved."

?What did I tell you about making jokes??

[face_laugh] But the question is.....will they, or won't they????

9. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Yay! An update! [face_dancing]

What if she gave it up? Would he reach his destiny? Would it make him fall? Is this how Anakin fell? She was an orphan, could she do that to another?

It will be okay.

I loved the insight into Mara's character above. There are plenty of doubts any mother would have in an unexpected pregancy, but add Mara's history and they all suddenly multiply. Nicely done. =D=

I was hoping all along Sir Luke would propose...and alas he did. Now if only Mara could get over the fact that he's NOT kidding and get on with it!!!

Hmm...where will this end up? [face_thinking]

10. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Oh, Luke's my good guy hero. Even when he's messing up at least he's trying to do the right thing/

11. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    What did I tell you about making jokes?

Who said it was a joke???

S.

12. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    This is great, RedGold! Poor Mara, but she can be a good mother. Luke is so sweet and innocent! I can definately see him offering to marry her.

13. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    Jedi-2B - I knew Luke would make a suggestion like that! Now we just have to get Mara to accept.
    Not as easy as it sounds... ;)

I'll bet he thought Mara looked better in his clothes than he does.
    But would he admit it outloud? hehehe

I'm glad you paused in hugging your new computer long enough to post.
    Still hugging it! [:D]

If you haven't read it, then I'll say no more.
    Bookseller still hasn't sent it! ARGH!

Ariagaige - on the other side, yay for Luke and Mara getting married!
    Never a bad thing. ;)

ps: sorry about that, it's my class, "introduction to neuroscience" we get to poke at brains and stuff on good days, but i had an exam coming up last time i posted.
    Sounds like fun... except for the exam... how did it go?

Lady_Jade - But the question is.....will they, or won't they????
    Depends on how evil I feel today. [face_devil] [face_whistling]

MirandaFair - I loved the insight into Mara's character above. There are plenty of doubts any mother would have in an unexpected pregancy, but add Mara's history and they all suddenly multiply.
    Thank you! Writing a preggers Mara without the toning down of being married to Luke for a few years does have its challanges. I'm sometimes not sure if she should kiss him or kill him.. :(

I was hoping all along Sir Luke would propose...and alas he did. Now if only Mara could get over the fact that he's NOT kidding and get on with it!!!
    It's not going to be an easy proposal! [face_devil]

ZaraValinor - Oh, Luke's my good guy hero. Even when he's messing up at least he's trying to do the right thing
    That's why we love him so... always the good guy hero... [face_love]

skywalker64089 - Who said it was a joke???
    Yeah! It wasn't even a funny one! 8-} :p

cheersweetie27 - Poor Mara, but she can be a good mother.
    She just has to get over the anxiety. :)

Luke is so sweet and innocent! I can definately see him offering to marry her.
    He is indeed! Gotta love him! [face_love]

14. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    I don't think I'll have time to do any PM's at the moment, I have to get ready to go to the movies to see Serenity. I just thought you'd like me to drop off this post before I left. I'll PM when I get back. Sorry for the inconvience.

Hope you enjoy!

EDIT: I managed to get a few PM's done, but not all. Gotta go now!

EDIT: Okay, back now, AWESOME FILM, but anyway, finished the PMs... if there are any misses or duplicates, well, sorry about that.

Chapter 3

?Why you over-noble Sith of a Jedi!? she spat at him, her finger poking against his breast bone. Luke hoped she hadn?t found her blaster while he was gone.

He grabbed her by the shoulders gently, hoping to calm her down. ?It makes the most sense, and you know it!?

?Does not!? she growled.

?Does too!? he almost laughed but maintained his serious level gaze.

?Does not!?

Luke sighed and shook his head. ?Would you sit down and listen to my argument for a moment??

She seemed to think about it, then with a death glare she sat back on the sofa. ?Start talking.?

?Tionne, Cilghal,? Luke addressed the other two women, ?could you leave us for a moment??

?Of course,? Tionne said as she stood, the two making their way back into the kitchen.

?Okay,? Luke took a deep breath, wondering where to start sorting out his logic into coherent thought. ?The most important point to remember is that this child needs as normal a childhood as possible. He can?t know he?s a Chosen One.?

?I?m going to give him the best I can,? she snapped at him.

Luke pushed the chair he had occupied earlier a little closer to her and sat down. He was close enough to take her hands in his so he did. ?I know you will. I don?t doubt that at all.?

?Doesn?t seem that way,? she looked away disgusted, though didn?t pull her hands from his.

?Why?? he asked gently.

She gave an exaggerated sigh of ?oh please?. ?Why else would you want to get married? You think I need to be watched.?

?No, that?s not it,? he tried to sound as sincere as possible because her fears couldn?t be farther from the truth. ?I?m just trying to find the best option.?

?Option for what??

?Everyone is going to assume this child is mine,? he stroked the back of her hand with his thumb, a slight wistfulness in his voice. ?While we might convince others that it?s not, the Jedi will know. That will hurt both of our reputations, and the child.?

?I don?t care about my reputation,? she answered, ?but you?re right. They will look at him like some sort of unwanted bastard child, which might be worse than knowing he?s a Chosen.?

?So we say he is mine,? he slightly frowned. ?We?ll have to say he was an accident, but one we don?t regret. It?s better than denying him.?

?Fair enough,? she agreed. ?However, if you claim this child as yours you?ll have to act as if he was? that?s a life long commitment, Luke.?

?I know,? he nodded, having come to the same conclusion before. ?I want to do this, for the child.?

?Why?? she asked softly.

?We both know what it?s like to not have a father,? he couldn?t keep the pain from his voice if he tried. ?Now I know that Anakin didn?t have one either. I can?t let this child suffer the same when I have the ability to be a father to him.?

?There is no going half-way on this,? she pressed. ?He will believe you are his father till the day he dies.?

?I won?t disappoint him,? he stated firmly. ?I will always be there for him, till the day I die.?

?How can you for a child that isn?t yours??

?Easily,? he smiled gently at her, hoping she would understand. ?We are kindred spirits.?

In truth, a part of Luke felt as if this would be the only chance he?d get to raise a son or daughter. Strangely enough he seemed to have the same nagging feeling as Mara that the child would be a boy, even though it was difficult to tell at this point in the Force.

?Could you love him?? Mara asked quietly.

Closing his eyes he took a long breath and searched his feelings. True the child might feel like him but it was not of

15. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Ah... that is so sweet. Hmmm... they haven't discussed an important aspect of marriage... will there be boot knocking?!?! Probably not in a PG-13 forum. :( But maybe you can PM me some bonus chapters. [face_mischief]

Great job!!!

AG88

16. Jadie

Jadie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    Woah! Those baby blue eyes convinced Mara!

Luke won't sleep in the couch for much longer, me thinks... :p

Why do I have a feeling they'll never get to the divorce point? [face_mischief]

Wonderful job, Red!

How's Serenity? From what I've seen, it looks like a mix of Star Wars, Matrix and Kill Bill... 8-} Am I wrong?

17. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    So Luke talked her into it :D

I wonder how long it will take before the sparks start to fly

Great update!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

18. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Awwww...I want everything to work out for Luke/Mara and Chosen One jr. Why do I feel it won't be so easy? ;)

Hmmm...Mara agreed to this quicker than I would have thought. Mayhaps she is already in love with the farmboy? Or are the horomones the ones doing the talking?

Great chapter! :D

19. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    That was a wonderful discussion between them, RedGold! Very Luke-and-Mara.

I'm very anxious to read what's next...

Hope you enjoyed Serenity.

oldj

20. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh yes, if there is PM chapter being written, just put my name on the list! ;)

Glad you decided to stick with the title, I think it works amazingly well! =D=

21. Lady_Jade

Lady_Jade Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    Wow, Luke actually managed to convince Mara....and with only minimal harm to himself! :D

This should be interesting to watch and see how their relationship will progress, though hopefully sparks will begin to fly sooner or later....right??? ;)

22. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    ACK! :D Whoa... Luke.Mara.Married then divorcing?

PLEASE say it's not so! ;)

~CS

23. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    This is going to be an interesting arragement.

Great updates!

24. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Yeah. This is a perfect opportunity for both of them to get it right.

S.

25. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Hmm? a marriage of convenience? but I can't see Luke divorcing Mara for any reason. *shrugs* Then again, it's not my story?

Great job, Red!

KT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.