main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Bearing the Chosen - L/M - Romance/Angst - Complete April 03, 2006 - Author Thanks July 30, 2006

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feng_Huang

Feng_Huang Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    [face_devil] beyond words.
    :rolleyes: Sigh, with so many people trying to talk some sense into her (luke, Han, heck, even Gaeriel), one would think that Mara would be able to see things straight, but noooooooo, she has to be so bantha-headed and run away! Nice going, girl!
    I liked Luke standing up to her, it felt very real. Poor thing![:D]
    I hope she runs into Karrde, he doesn't strike me as the 'advice for the love-lorn' type but he's rational enough and can analize things from a distance.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Woohoo. You got Luke perfectly. I love his strength and his no-nonsense answer: Mara does need to find out what she wants, not what anyone else needs or wants. Forceful yet vulnerable--terrific combination that's hard to pull off, but it was brilliantly done. :) Totally confused and mystified by Mara's level of insecurity, though not surprised given their morning after conversation. Just [face_frustrated] and very :confused: And I loved Gaeriel's input, an objective but compassionate voice. =D= She's right also: what Luke felt for her in the past has nothing to do with what he feels for Mara now; and it would be a tragedy for Mara to lose Luke by choice. And I was glad Mara admitted that she was getting too attached to Luke--but she has to ask why--and what that actually means. Where did Mara go? And how long will she stay away? o_O It was fantastic getting an update so soon, but wow--now it's going to be harder to wait for the next one. Oh, well--that's what I get for not being able to delay gratification. :D

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I'm impressed Luke finally came clean to Mara about his feelings.

It's about time!

As for Mara, I hope she will let go of her insecurities and fear and learn the best thing in life is to love and be loved in return.

Wonderful update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

4. AgiVega

AgiVega Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2005
    Selfish bantha! LOL :D I LOVED that! Mara so deserved to be called a selfish bantha! :)
    I also liked the dialogue between Mara and Gaeriel.

5. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Well it's good they got that out in the open. It had to happen sometime and Mara really needs to take a good look at her feelings regarding Luke. Hopefully where ever she's running off to (Karde?) she'll be able to figure it out soon. Sometmes absences DOES make the heart grow fonder. I guess we'll find out if that works for Mara. Great job RedGold! Eagerly awaiting more. :)

6. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Whoa--a knock down drag out, and at a party no less. At least Mara didn't claw Gaeriel's eyes out when she admitted to overhearing some of the fight.

I'm going to break from the crowd that's suggesting Mara talk things over with Talon and put my vote for Grandma. I like her spunk and I think that Mara could really use some grandmotherly wisdom right now.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I'm with Blue Milkshake. Neva's the one to confide in and to tell it like it tis. I can't help it--I think of her as Angela Lansbury too. [face_laugh] It's the sweetness mixed with spunk. :)

8. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    I agree, Grandmother is a good person to go see. It would be like going home to mother. Which is a big difference than a woman just disappearing on her husband.

Good suggestion!

AG88

9. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    NOOOOO!!! This is soooo not going right... RedGold, you have to fix it! Make it better! Let them live happily ever after!

oh, wait, that will mean the end of the story..

*sigh*

10. Jetta

Jetta Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2001
    Thought I'd delurk here.[face_mischief] Evil-simply!Evil. They were making such progress. And then Mara had to go and be, as Luke put it, a "bantha". :rolleyes:

11. KrystinaSkywalker

KrystinaSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2005
    Now that I'm caught up again....
    This story just keeps getting better! I love the twists you keep throwing in, they really keep the story interesting!

12. Darth_Whatsername

Darth_Whatsername Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2005
    I'm finally caught up again and I have to say I'm blaming your fic for being tired when I get to work in less than 3 hours. Damn if the last few chapters weren't fantastic, evil but fantastic none the less.

Gotta give Luke props for laying it all on the line and telling Mara how he feels. As for Mara I really feel for her. It's hard to overcome not feeling yourself worthy of being loved. I want to be mad at her and hit her upside the head a time or two but it won't really help. Regardless of what she feels for Luke if she doesn't believe she's worthy of being loved it's going to be a bumpy ride for the two of them. Poor Devin could get caught in the fallout. I can only hope that Mara's disapearance gives her not only some insight into her feelings but lays some groundwork for dealing with her feeling of worthlessness. A weekly or twice weekly session with a psychiatrist wouldn't hurt either.

Keep up the good, I mean evil work. [face_devil]

13. MaraJade4S

MaraJade4S Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    I was about to lose this post... [face_worried]

I'm glad that Luke stood his ground and is willing to fight for Mara. It's about time someone knocked some sense into her. I just hope she figures herself out, and in the correct way. Now that she knows Luke loves her, she should at least not fear rejection.

14. Fiana_Novarr

Fiana_Novarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2001
    Wow, you updated like a maniac - I'm not complaining though, keep it up (though I will be behind on reviews again, sorry ...)! =D=

Another great update, though I would really love to see you compete for some other title on these boards here ... you know, like "author who wrote the most awwwww-worthy family scene" or "cutest reunion" or how about another entry for "author who wrote the hotest scene within the rules of the JCB"? How about that, hu?

Okay, right, I get it. You just enjoy this too much aren't you? [face_worried] :mad:

Anyways, decisive Luke is sexy! [face_love] *remembers TSW* Okay, scratch that. Your decisive Luke is sexy. And could someone hit Mara over the head a time or ten? Oh well, it's not like she will stay away for long - can't do without the Skywalker men for long, can she? Oh well, you'll probably make her believe she came back for the tiny one. But we all know better than that. [face_mischief] She will be back soon, right? You won't start the next chapter with "On Devin's 18th birthday ...", will ya?? [face_worried]

Well, I'm shutting up now before I give you ideas ... Wonderful update, as always! Keep them coming!!

Ys, Fia

15. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    You did it RedGold. You let Lukie get all forceful and turn the tables on Mara=D= I luv me some forceful Luke. Great post!! 7

16. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Good to see you've still been torturing readers during my absence (absences? :confused:). Good work as always, love the way you've written this relationship. It's as screwed up as a real life one. :p

17. smiley_rancor

smiley_rancor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2006
    After mega catch up!, i have to say WOW!!!!

1) i can't believe Mara asked for a divorce - bad girl!;
    2) Go Luke for finally risking all telling all as he has nothing to loose.; and
    3) Gaerial is a smart woman - you wrote her brilliantly.

4) I hope you'll spare those of us with weak constitutions from more OMG, No!, She couldn't, he wouldn't!!. tehe Althought i love it really.

Also sorry to confuse you with my 'imperial march' feelings - i meant this - the music that goes along with Darth Vader during ESB (and also in ROTJ - but not called that) is called the 'imperial march' on the british released soundtrack. So it was meant that something bad was gonna happen. Soz again, i think in bizare ways.

and always - MORE PLEASE!!!!

s_m

18. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    I apologize, but I'm in a bit of a hurry tonight, got a lot of things to get done, but I finished this update and I wanted to get it out to you because you guys have been so great with all the evil cliffies and deserve a quick update!

I'll try to get to these replies tomorrow, but just know, you guys are the best readers a girl could ask for!!

[:D]

19. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Either one or two chapters left, not sure just yet how I'm going to break it up, but yep, it's almost over guys!! :(

Also, I want to thank AG88 again because it was off of her recomendations the Mara/Gaeriel chat came off like it did and she deserves a nod for that! :)

Chapter 27

The holonews could say what it wanted, Luke didn?t pay any attention to it nor did he have any press conferences. He and Mara had spent every day together for over two years except for the times he had to go on a mission, why couldn?t she spend a few days away from him and Yavin? Seemed only fair.

And that?s exactly how he played it, and some believed him.

Some where smarter than that.

?Hey,? a voice called through his opened office door, ?Luke, can I come in??

?Sure,? he answered Corran as he glanced over to the pen where Devin was happily playing with his stuffed Ewok.

To be truthful, Luke was worried that Devin would take Mara being gone hard because they shared a strong bond despite her lack of training. Surprisingly, all Luke had to do was tell him that mommy needed some time to herself and would be back soon, and he hasn?t had a problem since.

It probably also helped that he could feel Mara touch Devin with Force, her way of checking up on his health. While Mara was supposed to be taking this time for herself, Luke couldn?t really fault her for keeping an eye on her son.

Corran was setting himself into the seat in front of Luke?s desk before he managed to look away from his son. ?What can I do for you, Corran??

?Those supplies you and Kam were concerned about,? Corran pulled out a datapad and passed it over, ?Mirax got it sorted for you.?

?Never doubted her,? Luke smiled, scanning down the invoice list.

?You know,? Corran shifted in his seat, ?Mara could have dealt with that easily.?

?Of course,? he shut down the datapad and sat it to the side.

?It?s been almost two weeks, Luke.?

?I know,? he answered evenly.

The Corellian leaned forward, ?How long are you going to let this go on??

Luke tilted his head and furrowed his brow, ?Let what go on??

?Whatever this is between you and Mara,? Corran spread his hands out wide.

?It?s between me and Mara,? he replied, not wanting to discuss it.

?But it affects the rest of us,? the pilot Jedi pointed at the datapad on the desk, ?and it affects your son.?

?Mirax did nothing she hasn?t done several times before and for even less funds,? Luke defended himself. ?As for Devin, he?s a strong kid.?

Corran shook his head, ?So you?ve let Mara disappear off to who-knows-where.?

?I know exactly where she is,? Luke leaned back and crossed his arms.

?You do??

?Mara is with her grandmother,? Luke decided to tell Corran after a moment of consideration, ?she left me a note in case of an emergency with Devin.?

The pilot blinked, ?Mara has a grandmother??

?Long story,? Luke sighed.

?Just what is going on here??

?Corran,? Luke stood and made his way over to Devin, ?what is going on is something that has nothing to do with you or anyone else. It is between me and Mara.?

?You want to talk about it??

?Not really,? Luke picked Devin up out of the pen and started to bounce him in his arms.

?Do you know what you?re doing?? he asked dryly.

Luke chuckled, ?Not really.?

?You know what,? Corran shook his head and stood, ?I give up.?

?Sit down,? Luke didn?t really order the other Jedi, but he was forceful enough.

?Um,? the Corellian slid back into the chair, ?okay??

Sighing, Luke walked over to his own chair and sat down. These past two weeks had been hell. It wasn?t that work was any harder than usual, or Devin was acting up, he simply missed Mara.

?We did have a fight,? he felt good letting it out.

?Married couples fight,? Corran shrugged.

Luke shook his head, grabbing Devin?s hand as he reached for a random stylus, ?Not like this.?

The pilot leaned forward, ?You want to talk about it now??

?No,? he sighed again, running a hand through his hair, ?but I know I need to.

20. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    *steals* Hahahahahaha! Was lying in wait for chapter! [face_mischief]

ETA:

[:D] And you're one of the most evil authors a girl could ask for!

:D

Well, well. Is Mara really there? Have my assumptions about Devin been correct? (Well, the assumptions I've had in my head. LOL) Corran was great, and poor Luke.

I just hope Mara's granny helped her to see straight.

Only 2 more chapters?! But, but...:_| :_|

*crosses fingers for happy ending*

21. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    *ack, erk*

still no resolution!!!!!!!!!

great post...is the next one ready yet??

22. LeatherNeck

LeatherNeck Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Thats a fun and scary way to wake up, my wife does that sometimes, its a little unnerving.

23. Bianka_Kenobi

Bianka_Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Jun 21, 2005
    Luke's talk to Corran: I love how he didn't want to talk about it but knew he should.

AND

Mara's back! Now what is she going to say? Oh man, I really can't wait to find out. Poor Luke. You realize you're keeping him waiting too!

Oh well. If Mara gets that divorce, I think she's crazy.

24. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    this isn't a dream right??????? she's actually there right????

i loved this chapter, absolutely wonderful!!!!!

can't wait for more!

meg

25. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Girl, you better listen to your man! And no more talk about divorce! Don't make me come over there and hurt you....uh, sorry...

I am so hoping for a happy ending! More soon?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.