Beyond Bearing the Chosen - L/M - Romance/Angst - Complete April 03, 2006 - Author Thanks July 30, 2006

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. PonyTricks Force Ghost

star 4
    Well... 'we need to talk' can either be a good thing, or a bad thing. And I'm guessing it will be a good thing. [face_batting]
  2. smiley_rancor Jedi Knight

star 1
    oooooo, is Mara back?, or is Luke dreaming cos that is what he really wants....???

I'm still praying for a happy ending though!

Great convo between Luke and Corran - talking about something that you would much rather bury under the surface and ignore is always best discussed with a determined trusted friend and you brought that across brilliantly. :)

as always - more please!

s_m
  3. DaenaBenjen42 Force Ghost

star 5
    Loved the Luke/Corran talk. And Mara! (Yay!)

Good post. :)
  4. Master_Vicky Jedi Master

star 4
    So... She's back.

And she wants to talk.

But is that a good thing? [face_worried]

-Vicster
  5. Feng_Huang Jedi Knight

star 2
    [:D] You're treating us too well lately; if the story ends soon, we're all going to have withdrawal. [face_thinking] Maybe you should write about Devin growing up and Luke's and Mara's children, either together or leading separate lives.:D

Overall, the chapter was good, but I don't really see Corran as the buddy Luke will go to share his doubts and everything, maybe Kam, Streen even, but no Corran. But that's just a minor detail
  6. MirandaFair Force Ghost

star 4
    *sings*She's baaaaack!*/sings*

So happy to see Corran in this!

"We need to talk..." Ah! I'm hoping that's a good thing, especially since there's not much more to go.

=D=
  7. mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Only one or two chapters left? :_| Say it ain't so, Red, Say it ain't so! *sniff, sniff*

This was an awesome chapter! =D=

I love that Luke opened up to Corran. He needed to get that off his chest! And sweet Ol' Corran offering to take Devin for the night! :)

Mara came back! :D [face_dancing]

Now here's to hoping she says what we all want her to say! *crosses fingers*

I can't wait for more!

8. _ThatJediScum_ Force Ghost

star 3
    Now that WAS evil! Girl friend didn't even get in three complete sentences before you *ended* the chapter.

I liked Luke talking to Corran though instead of the other usual suspects. :D

bran
  9. Jadie Jedi Master

star 4
    I swear Jade_Lotus! If Red leaves us hanging again... Grrrrrrrr! :mad: :p

Ok, so Luke's going nuts without Mara - what would men do without us? :p

Great update, Red! ;)

Ps: I promise I'm planning to update Death Angel (I have been for this whole month :p ). However, this term's ending and I've got tons of things to do. :(
  10. JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It would be rather amusing if he was dreaming it all, but I have a feeling he's not. I always get suspicious every time an author/ess moves the kid in the story out of the way of adults. Usually means a hot scene is coming up. [face_laugh] Or maybe I just read too many romance novels.

Anyway, loved the post as usual RedGold. Hopefully Mara is back and finally has herself straightened out! :)
  11. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    *cue dramatic music*

Dum dum dum!
  12. Golden_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Hehe... Devin's not there.. we all know what happened the last time Devin was not there... :D :D [face_worried]
  13. ZaraValinor Force Ghost

star 4
    I blinked and there was two new chapters.

Wonderful, I'm glad Mara came back to talk. I was about to drag her back to Luke if she didn't show up soon.
  14. RedGold Force Ghost

star 4
    ginchy - And what assumptions are those? [face_thinking]

Kidan - Of course no resolution, I like to torture people for as long as I can... well, right the point before you rebel.

LeatherNeck - I'm sure she's not plotting your demise. :D

Bianka_Kenobi - Of course Mara is crazy, but what kind of crazy? Divorce crazy? Let's see.

mastermeg_0228 - Dream huh? Now that would be a great way to prolonge the angst! Great idea!

Jade_Pilot - I think you could take Mara. ;)

SWpants666 - I promise nothing, but who knows what you might get!

Valley_Lord - Testosterone much?

jaina_clan_solo - Now, did I just throw in the dreams just to throw you, or do they mean something deeper? [face_devil]

KELIA - Come to her senses? This is Mara!

Maul Brady - Everyone wants Mara in Luke's bed! :p

Vongchild - Merciful? I must be loosing my touch! :(

JadeLotus - How long indeed? ;)

Lady_Jade - Now, what would be the right choice? [face_whistling]

Courtney_Solo - And more you shall have soon. :)

jade51999 - Yeah, there is always an end... but then not really, cause this could have a sequel.

Jade_eyes - They could talk about starting divorce proceedings? [face_whistling]

Dont_Get_Cocky - I can't end it bad? Why? [face_thinking]

maramijade - Did you pick up that glare from Mara? ;)

SpiritofEowyn - I could have used the romance as an evil lure! [face_devil]

KT - There always is that possibility.

Jedi_Scooch - Don't worry, you'll find out soon!

oldjedinurse - I'm on a roll, so not a long wait!

Daughterofflame - I'm more than evil?? WOOT!!

Fiana_Novarr - Yep, rather convienant... ;)

AgiVega - I don't know if I'll get those in this fic, but there might be a sequel in which they will play a part!

divapilot - Luke did put up with her, but he loves her and that makes you do stupid things!

AG88 - Yes, you are incorrigible! :p Don't worry, I'll get those other fics going for ya!

jackyyy17 - Yes, I couldn't help but tease with the briefs!! :D

Jedi-2B - I thought about giving a peak, but then that would give to much away!

VaderLVR64 - Thanks!!

PonyTricks - Well, it could be a bad thing.. [face_whistling]

smiley_rancor - Talking about issues is always better, or else they fester, glad it worked for Luke!

DaenaBenjen42 - Thanks!!

Master_Vicky - Everyone keeps wondering if it's a good thing... we'll see.

Feng_Huang - I'm thinking about doing a sequel, but I have some WIP's that need to be taken care of first. Who know what the future might hold?

MirandaFair - I always have to sneak in Corran, I love the guy!

mavjade - Glad you liked it! And yeah, one chapter and an epilouge left!

_ThatJediScum_ - [face_laugh] Nice one!! I love that description!

Jadie - UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!!

JediKnight-Obi-Wan - Too many romance novels... :p

FelsGoddess - That pretty much sums it up. :)

Golden_Jedi - Yes, yes we do.

ZaraValinor - Don't blink! ;)
  15. RedGold Force Ghost

star 4
    Last chapter, but dont' worry folks, there is an epilouge!

Chapter 28

?Yes,? Luke sat up in bed, ?we do.?

Mara moved from her position, her weight lifting from the bed and already Luke mourned the loss. He watched as she walked across to a small chair and picked up his robe. ?Devin with the Horn?s??

?Yes,? he threw the covers back and swung his feet off the bed. ?You brought Corran in on this.?

?Not exactly,? she turned around, tossing him the robe. ?Mirax is my friend, she may have dropped a few hints and Corran?s a pretty observant guy.?

?You always where the sneaky one,? Luke commented as he slide the robe around his body, but did not move. ?Why did you want him gone??

?Because,? Mara started to uncharacteristically fidget around the room, picking up small items as she circled, ?I didn?t want any distractions with what I have to say.?

?I?m here to listen,? he replied quietly, studying her features.

How could he have not fallen in love with such a beautiful woman? Sure, she wasn?t completely stable at times, but all she needed was for her to finally believe in herself, and have someone believe in her, and that was him.

?Where to begin?? she said with a soft laugh, leaning back against a small desk.

?With an undeniable truth?? he suggested.

She looked away for a moment, her voice strong despite the visible tremor, ?I love Devin, he?s my baby boy.?

?Understandable,? he smiled at her, knowing that no matter what, Devin will probably always be first in her heart, it was something he had to accept.

?I just,? she looked away and up, ?I want him to have everything I didn?t, a family and a childhood.?

?And he will,? Luke was as firm as he could be, ?no matter what happens.?

Warily she glanced back over at him, ?I?d do anything for that to happen, Luke.?

?Mara,? he replied warningly.

?I don?t love you, Luke.?

He tried to come up with a reply to the blurted statement, but was at a complete loss and simply stood there. Corran had been right, he had taken a big risk and now everything he desired was falling out of his reach.

?I like spending time with you though,? she continued. ?It?s like you said, we can just be in each other?s company and be happy.?

?It?s what friends do,? he shrugged, repeating her earlier words.

?I know, Luke,? she stood up straighter, ?but there is a problem with that.?

?Problem??

?Friends,? she paused, taking a cautious breath, ?friends don?t cross that line, Luke.?

?Line?? he uttered before his brain kicked in. ?That was once, Mara, and it won?t happen again, I can control myself.?

?But what if I don?t want you to?? she bit out.

He blinked, ?What??

?Truth is,? she slumped back against the desk, ?what happened between us was good, real good, so much more than I?ve ever had before.?

Staring at her, her emotions a blank to him in the Force, he said, ?So what are you saying??

?I haven?t been able to get us out of my mind, Luke,? she was frustrated now, ?and friends don?t have those kinds of thoughts for each other.?

?Friends don?t?? he trailed off, unsure if he should bring up the most apt term.

?You know what it was like for me all those years?? she burst out. ?It?s one thing to never be in love in that intimate partner kind of way, but I never had love in any form, not from Palpatine, not from any lover, no one!?

Luke shut his eyes, trying not to let the pain he felt for Mara show as she was sure to consider it a weakness. He had suspected that her previous relationships affected her more deeply than anything else, but this much?

?Hey,? she felt his hand touch his cheek and he instantly opened his eyes, ?you told me to find the truth and what I wanted, right??

?Yes,? his voice went hoarse at her proximity.

?The honest truth,? she sighed, ?is that I wouldn?t know love if it jumped up in front of me in a bright pink flight suit singing Requiem for Love two octaves too high.?

He had to suppress a laugh, and instead reached out and rubbed his thumb along her
  16. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    Excellent post. Lets get to bootknocking!!!
  17. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    my thoughts during the reading: :)[face_worried]:_|[face_worried]o_O[face_mischief]:D

great job Redgold!

Now for the epilogue...(and sequel??? :D)
  18. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    ^ I'm with Kidan

:):) Yay!! This chapter made me very happy. :D

Days later it was announced that Mara Jade was actually the daughter of Jorad and Lisha Devans and that she had family living on Chandrilla. This is why Mara had disappeared, officially, and since she had spent all her time there, the Holonews couldn?t refute it, only apologize.

Hahahahaha. serves the Holonet right! :p

But yay babies!!!!!!!
  19. ZebulaNebula Force Ghost

star 5
    Sorry I missed the last few chappies. I've been otherwise occupied ... again. I loved the ending - that Mara doesn't know what love is, but that she's found the most likely candidate in Luke. I wish a similar real-life situation that I'm dealing with could have the same kind of happy ending.
  20. JadeLotus Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_dancing]

I know Mara will soon fall in love with Luke. How could she not? And another little baby Skywalker will just complete their family.

Many bets had to be resorted and one clever Corellian made a neat little killing betting for the Skywalker?s, rather than against.

:D
  21. Vongchild Force Ghost

star 5
    I am so happy those two got some semblance of a happy ending. :)

Will there be a sequel? (Dare I ask?)
  22. MirandaFair Force Ghost

star 4
    Thank goodness there's still an epilogue left. I hope we can look forward to a sequel? [face_batting] I will miss this story, when it's all over.

It was a small start, but all great things had humble beginnings.

Ain't that the truth. I'd say it was a great start...Mara spoke from the heart, complete honesty. A huge step for her. I'm proud of that red head.=D= :) And Luke...what a guy! ;)
  23. Jedi-Saber Jedi Knight

star 1
    Great job!! Your characters internal monolog was right on and your narration was perfect!

I loved these last few chapters of emotional turmoil. I could just feel the mix of emotions in the characters. The story drew me in and the cliffies were in the exact right places leaving me desperately wanting more. Wonderful work!

I can't wait to read the epilogue and hopefully a sequel.

J-S
  24. mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Tee hee hee :D :D <-- Me after reading this chapter!

I like that Mara 'aranged' for Devin to be gone... that was very smart of her!

?I don?t love you, Luke.?
    That line broke my heart, especially because it wasn't what I thought she was going to say!

?is that I wouldn?t know love if it jumped up in front of me in a bright pink flight suit singing Requiem for Love two octaves too high.?
    [face_laugh] ROFLOL! That about killed me!

?I want to have another baby,? she enunciated perfected. ?Look, we both grew up as a single child, I don?t want that for Devin.?
    More Babies!!! :D That made me very, very happy!

?Don?t play with me, Mara,? he warned, ?my heart has too many scars already.?
    This was a great line, very true!

?Everything couples do??
    :D [face_batting]

I'm glad that she was honest and said she didn't really know what she flet about him, but she knows that she wants to be with him!

And HA to the sludge news... they got what they deserved for snooping into other peoples lives!

This was an awsome chapter!

I can't wait for more, even if it does make me very sad that it is the last one!
  25. jackyyy17 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yea for a happy ending, but I think we need a bonus chapter [face_mischief] :p [face_whistling]

Hopefully in the Epilogue Mara can admit her love for him. [face_praying]

Anyway, Good last chapter (The Last chapter :_| )

jacky:p
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.