main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Bearing the Chosen - L/M - Romance/Angst - Complete April 03, 2006 - Author Thanks July 30, 2006

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jadie

Jadie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    Wow! What a chapter! :) =D=

Now, the epilogue... [face_batting] maybe a baby girl? [face_whistling]

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    ANXIOUSLY awaiting the epilogue! [face_praying]

But until then... =D= [face_laugh] :_| [face_worried] [face_batting] =P~

3. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Excellent, RedGold!

Wonderful story, wonderful L/M, wonderful resolution...

:D

oldj

4. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!!![face_dancing]

Many bets had to be resorted and one clever Corellian made a neat little killing betting for the Skywalker?s, rather than against.

I love this line! Great story and yea, Redgold, I probably could take her!

At scrabble, maybe.....

5. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    Yes, yes I did learn that glare from Mara ;)

Sad the amount you can learn when some one ends up as part of your matrix of personalities that you look up to and respect. . .

And finally. . . at least agreeing on what she wants. . . and is willing to TRY . . . :D

6. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    :_| It's over already?!

I thought this story was really wonderful. :D Can't wait for the epilogue.

7. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    WOOOOOO!!!!! I love M/L fics...[face_love]

You did a wonderful job, RedGold! *showers chocolate over her*

Can't wait to read the epilogue...

8. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    They talked! Talked they did! Yay! *crowd goes wild*

Good post! :)

9. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Jedi_Lover - Boot knocking huh? Everyone wants boot knocking!!!

Kidan - At least those thoughts didn't include wanting to kill the author! :D

SWpants666 - I love making my readers happy! Of course, after I put them through hell... [face_devil]

ZebulaNebula - I hope whatever angst you're going through will have a good ending!!

JadeLotus - How could she not fall in love with Luke? Why don't we team to together and find out how!!

Vongchild - It aint' over yet! [face_devil]

MirandaFair - Speaking from the heart is pretty tough for Mara, but in the end she gets there!

Jedi-Saber - Thank you, I do try to keep things on the rollercoaster!

mavjade - Speaking of rollercoasters... hehehe... glad you enjoyed it! Honest is always the very best solution!

jackyyy17 - I don't know if I'll do a bonus chapter or not... we'll see, perhaps I'll revisit later when I post this on SWFF? [face_thinking]

Golden_Jedi - Considering how great Bradbury was, I take that as a deep compliment!

RebelMom - Speaking from the heart is the only way to survive situations like these! :)

jaina_clan_solo - Well, it may not be perfect at first, but let's see what happens! :)

Dont_Get_Cocky - You gonna share that popcorn or what? :D

ginchy - Stop the Vong huh? [face_whistling]

FelsGoddess - Thanks!!

Jade_eyes - Emotion between these two always runs high, it's their trade mark! I always figured Mara for an emotional cripple, and this just dramatizes, I'm glad you liked it! Now that she's willing to try, things should smooth out. As for the non-hokey ending, thank you, I pride myself on trying to get things as realistic as possible!

AvenKiel - [face_laugh]

jade51999 - I am evil about sequels, aren't I? Glad you liked this! And no, no april's fools, but the epilogue might put a few things into focus for ya!

Maul Brady - Thank you! I was really trying to make it as realistic as possible!

mastermeg_0228 - I just now made you worry? I'm loosing my touch! :( :p

tasujad - Why twins?

_ThatJediScum_ - Counseling would be the smart way to go, but, I don't want to drag this out for much longer, I think you guys would kill me for all the agnst! I hope this epilogue though makes up for some of your worries.

KT - When am I not going from one extreme to another?

Feng_Huang - Picky, picky!! :p Hopefully the epilogue will take care of that problem.

JEDIFLYSWATTER - Mara is usually logical, except when she's hormonal!

AgiVega - Epilogue left!

divapilot - Menopause Mara!!! I ssssooooo have to write that!! Oh, and yes, friends are always helpful at times like these!

Jade_eyes - I think you're spot on!

PonyTricks - The unstable ones are always more fun!!

Jedi-2B - Well, you know me, in the end I'm a real softy.

KELIA - It's a big step for her.

Blue_Milkshake - I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter so much!! It was a fun rollercoast indeed! As for that Corellian, just might be! ;)

AG88 - All this emotional angst and you wonder about kinky sex acts and what undies Luke has on... fair enough.

Bianka_Kenobi - True, Mara has never dated, so should be fun! She couldn't ask for a better beau than Luke!

Jadie - Thanks!! And you'll see!

VaderLVR64 - Just the way I like my readers!!

oldjedinurse Thank you!! :)

Jade_Pilot - You could sssssoooo take her... .... at scrabble!

maramijade - I know what you mean. I don't know what I'd be without my husband now, can't think of a time without him, just doesn't seem possible.

Valin_Halcyon - Thank you!! [:D]

Mystralgurl - Now that's what I'm talking about!! *dances around under chocolate shower*

DaenaBenjen42 - Let's hope I can keep the crowd that way!!

10. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    I'm going to be posting the final epilogue to my story, but first, I wanted to do a few things:

I want to thank all of my wonder readers!!

academygrad88
    AdmiralWesJanson
    AgiVega
    angel_gidget
    Ariapaige
    Asyr Handor
    aurrasingrules101
    AvenKiel
    Azeria_Jade
    AzulSaber
    Bianka_Kenobi
    BigFatty
    Black_Hole
    Blue_Milkshake
    cheersweetie27
    Cil
    Courtney_Solo
    crackjacks
    DaenaBenjen42
    Darth_Polemic
    Darth_Whatsername
    Daughterofflame
    divapilot
    Dont_Get_Cocky
    double_blade
    DreamingIce
    EH_Pilot
    FelsGoddess
    Feng_Huang
    Fiana_Novarr
    Gabri_Jade
    ginchy
    Golden_Jedi
    jackyyy17
    Jacqueline
    Jade_eyes
    Jade_Pilot
    jade51999
    JadeLotus
    Jadie
    jaina_clan_solo
    jaya_tharen
    Jedi_BMK
    Jedi_Lover
    Jedi_Scooch
    Jedi_Tigris
    Jedi Trace
    Jedi-2B
    Jedi-Saber
    jedi7
    JediFalcon
    JediFarfy
    JEDIFLYSWATTER
    JediKnight-Obi-Wan
    JediMaster_Jen
    Jeditheskyisblue
    Jenson_Cole
    Jetta
    kayladie97
    KELIA
    Kidan
    Killik_Swarm
    Killik_Twilight
    Kinderriegel
    KrystinaSkywalker
    Lady_Jade
    Lank_Pavail
    LeatherNeck
    LumiKuningatar
    LVB
    LysaDunter
    Maggy
    MaraJade4S
    maramijade
    MarJadeSky
    Master_Vicky
    mastermeg_0228
    Maul Brady
    mavjade
    Melissa_Durron
    merijune
    miranda82
    MirandaFair
    Mirax_Corran
    mister_chief
    motoish
    Mystralgurl
    oldjedinurse
    PonyTricks
    princess_melissa
    QueenAbadabado
    Rebel-at-Heart
    RebelMom
    Rosh_Penin
    skywalker64089
    smiley_rancor
    SpiritofEowyn
    SWLOVER
    SWpants666
    tasujad
    _ThatJediScum_
    _That_Sith_Witch_
    TheCrazyRodian
    ThePariah
    Thrawn McEwok
    Trepidation
    txgrl
    VaderLVR64
    Valin_Halcyon
    Valley_Lord
    Vongchild
    voxynking
    Yodan
    ZaraValinor
    ZebulaNebula

I hope I didn't miss anyone, and of course, there are all you lovely lurkers! You know who you are!!

As for sequels, anyone who knows me knows that I have a tendency to never do things 'small' there is always more to the story. Like the rest of my fics, I do have an idea of where this one will lead and there are hints in this story as to what might happen in the future. One day I will come back to this, but I can't say when. I have several other responsibilities I need to work through first.

My next project is to finally get Path of Your Own Choosing back up and running and get it finished. This one is a real rollercoster for Luke and Mara!

Well, I hope to see you all around the Saga board, and don't worry, I'll be back on the Beyond board soon enough. Try as I might, I just can't stay away from good L/M fic and there is plenty to read on here right now!

Thanks again for being such great readers!!

RedGold

11. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Can't wait!

12. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    I have to make dinner, will do PM's afterwards, sorry about the delay, but I wanted to get this up for everyone!

Epilogue

Wrapping a robe around his body, Luke moved out to the balcony to take in some of the cool night air. He had a lot of thinking to do.

It had been months since he and Mara had decided to make a real go out of their marriage, doing things that couples did. This meant spending more time with just each other, though you could hardly say they ever ignored Devin. Kam and Tionne were pleased to watch the boy when Luke and Mara wanted an evening together, and so at least once a month they had their small dates.

Their physical intimacy started out strong as they made up for lost time, but then they settled into passionate and loving explorations. Mara wanted to have another baby but Luke had convinced to her wait a bit. This way they could let the holopress die down from their supposed separation as well as Devin being old enough to have his own room and the new baby could go into the nursery.

In truth, Luke was feeling guilty and he wasn?t going to bring a child into the world until he had things sorted between him and Mara. He loved and desired her and when she offered him all his dreams, how could he say no? Was it really the right choice to take advantage of the situation?

Was it taking advantage of the situation?

He was sure Mara loved him, he told himself this fact constantly, but she kept to the belief that she didn?t know what she felt.

Until now.

Last night was the slamball finals and their favourite team had won, spirits where high and with Devin asleep things had lead to the bedroom. When they were done, and Mara was drifting into a blissful sated sleep, she had whispered those three little words, seemingly unaware of doing so.

?Luke,? he hadn?t heard her approach, but her voice carried across the balcony.

He covered up his thoughts and turned towards her casually. ?Sorry, didn?t want to wake you.?

?I woke myself,? she shrugged and crossed over to the edge, leaning her robed body against the rail.

?You okay?? he asked out of habit, feeling the anxiety coming off of her.

?I stopped asking myself,? she replied, ignoring him as she stared out over the jungle.

?Stopped asking yourself what?? he moved closer to her, but kept a respectful distance.

?I told you I didn?t know if this was lust or love between us,? her head tiled up to stare at the night sky, ?and for the sake of us I kept trying to figure it out.?

?And?? he tried to remain neutral.

?I got tired of trying to figure it out,? she sighed. ?I kept coming up against the same walls and arguments for either side, so I figured what the hell, things are good between us, why mess with a good thing??

Luke bowed his head, ?Mara, you would not let me settle for you, I will not allow the same of yourself.?

?I?m pregnant, Luke.?

?Huh?? he couldn?t breathe. He was going to be a father?

?Clighal informed me yesterday,? she turned towards him, ?and I didn?t know how to tell you so I, well, didn?t.?

?Wait,? he was overloaded with thoughts and emotions, but one stood out, ?you went off your repress meds without consulting me first??

Anger started to rise in him as he felt as if he?d been used and betrayed, but then he was less than innocent in the matter, but to bring a child into this?

?That?s the thing,? she shook her head, ?I didn?t!?

?What??

?Clighal told me that repress meds are pretty much fail safe,? she turned away and stared back out into the forest, ?but somehow they failed us.?

?They failed us?? he echoed.

?Yes,? she nodded, ?and I had her check, the baby is still pretty small but she was able to get enough genetic material, this one is definitely yours.?

His breaths came in short shallow huffs as he moved forward, wrapping his arms around her. ?We?re having another baby.?

?Yes,? she whispered, and they simply stood there, images of their growing family running through his head.

?I love you, Luke,? he heard her say, and his he

13. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    :_|

Oh, it's over! I'll miss the updates!

Great ending, I'm so happy they're together and happy. And, yes, indeed they are a matching pair--idiots in love. ;) And, oh, a baby--I hope it's a girl. And, Mara shouldn't worry--Luke couldn't favor one child over another if he tried. It's just not in his nature.

So sweet and happy--a family for Devin, for Mara, for Luke, and baby Skywalker. [face_love]

What more could we ask?

Oh, wait--sequel! :p

Great story, gal! =D=

14. Jadie

Jadie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    :_| :_| :_| That was so beautiful!!!

Lovely story Red! But... sequel, maybe? [face_mischief] :p

15. crackjacks

crackjacks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2005
    Awwwwwwwwww! That was soooooo cute!
    YAY! Mara finally figured her self out!

Dude, Luke really is an idiot...well sometimes.
    Woo hoo! Another baby! Now I'm going to be pondering about everything until you can write a sequel.

Tis very sad that this is over...but now it gives us a chance to go back a read it all again...while anxiously waiting for the next one.

See you around the boards!

--kt
    [face_chicken]

16. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Nice wrap up! =D=

This is such a great story and I have truly enjoyed it!

Was he doomed, cursed, was this the price he paid for being a Skywalker?

No, it's the price you pay for marrying Mara! I think it will be a challenging marriage, but so worth it.

Well done!

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Perfection! =D= =D= Was really ironic that when Mara finally told Luke she loved him and couldn't live without him, he was rather toned down in the reaction department. Guess it was the timing with her being pregnant. He needs to give himself a little credit as being irresistible. [face_laugh] :*
    I'll definitely be following Path again :) [face_dancing] and any other plot bunny of yours that comes hopping and bopping along. :D

18. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    You forgot to add me to the list. Or did I miss too many updates to be named?

Good thing Mara's decided she's not gonna label what she feels and just enjoy it. Hmmm ... I hope the new baby's a girl. Mara should know that any birth control is not 100% effective, especially if the child is 'meant' to be born. Either way, Devin's probably gonna be a little jealous for a time.

19. AgiVega

AgiVega Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2005
    Beautiful! :D I hope it's a girl :p Congrats on this wonderful story and good luck in all future fanfic endeavours!

20. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Oooohh wondeful. I missed the last update, but that just meant I got to read them together! Typical of Luke...Mara finally gets things figured out then he swallows his foot until it pops out the other end. Men! :rolleyes: I'm so glad Mara didn't freak out more than she did and forgave him his reaction. Of course you almost can't blame the man, receiving such news at the same time she pops the baby news on him. Though it could've been worse. :p He could've demanded to know who's child it was this time. [face_laugh]

Anyways, Great story. I really enjoyed it. You did a super job! :)

21. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    That was a beautiful story RedGold !

I'm sad that it is over, so if and when you get around to a sequel, could you PM me and let me know? [face_batting_eyes]

It may not be perfect, but Luke and Mara are on their way to a happy, long life together.

Thank you for sharing this with us!

jcs

22. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    =D=[face_love] perfect ending :)

I hope Devin has a little sister. I think. hahaha.

I'm very happy Mara knows she loves Luke.

And I'll definitely check out Path as soon as I get the chance

23. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    YAY!! A Baby! I vote for a girl! Every big brother needs a little sister!

24. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
  25. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    I am also in the camp of "I hope this one's a girl." :p

That was such a cute, perfectly L/M way to end a perfectly cute story!

And er...

If I had a credit for every little girl in the galaxy named "padme," I'd never have to work again?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.