main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Bearing the Chosen - L/M - Romance/Angst - Complete April 03, 2006 - Author Thanks July 30, 2006

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Okay, so I know it's an arranged marriage and all but you gotta wonder why Luke said that everyone would automatically assume the baby was his.... [face_mischief]

Yeah, yeah, I'm a big ol' shipper grasping here. ;)

LOVE this story!

2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Awesome Chapter!=D=

?Let?s look at it this way? do you see me dating anyone right now? Even interested in dating??
    I do, and you just asked her to marry you, ok so that skips the dating part but, oh well.

she giggled, then stopped abruptly. ?If I turn into a giggling fool, shoot me.?

[face_laugh] A giggling Mara...Scary, but pregnancy does strange things to a woman.

I feel alot of arguments coming soon, knowing the two of them.
    I can't wait for the next chapter!

(I also thought Serenity was Awesome..but very sad if you were a fan of the show:_|)

3. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    I'm afraid locking my brother in a closet won't do me any good. ;)

Yay... an engagement! Still, they haven't discussed something that's bound to come up... *smirks*

4. AzulSaber

AzulSaber Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2005
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Great update RedGold! I love how Luke wants to help out the child, not wanting him to be fatherless. And Mara doesn't want to tie Luke down...

Now they just have to see that they are made for each other anyway, and that it'll all work out without a divorce... [face_praying]

*Settles in for the bumpy ride to this conclusion*

Can't wait for the next part! Great job! =D=

5. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    illusion ? *PPFFFTTPPP* [face_talk_hand] Riiiggghhhttt..... illusion for now, hehehe.

Magnifico! I can't wait to see how Luke deals with Mara's mood swings!!

Can we have some cuddling please? [face_love]

6. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Luke was pretty convincing. And Mara finally got to slap him.

7. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    [face_love] [face_love]

So they are getting married. Can't wait to see how this turns out. And whether or not Luke can win her over with his Farmboy charm ;)

8. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    ?We can always claim we love each other but couldn?t live with each other and divorce in a few years,? she added.

Somehow i think neither of them would really like that.... :p

9. LVB

LVB Jedi Master star 1

Feb 23, 2005
    Luke is such an adorable farm-boy, I just wanna squeeze him! I wonder how Han and Leia will react [face_hypnotized]. In any case, the next chapter should be very interesting!

I saw Serenity the other night and thought it was great...my two cents worth ;) Keep it coming!

10. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    Yay! Great work!
    Homones must be getting to Mara already, Luke actually survived the conversation!;)

?If I turn into a giggling fool, shoot me.?
    Now thats a scary thought!:eek: [face_laugh]

~Misha

11. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    Awesome! You do a great job with capturing Mara's personality. Zahn would be proud.

12. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Loving these updates, Red! =D=

The part where Mara slapped Luke...:eek:. Yeah, but he so deserved it. Teach him twice to say such things, even if it wasn't what he thought, but what others would think.

Hoping these two will, will get their acts together and realize they do love one another. :oops:

Love the 10 years/decade part too. [face_laugh] Well done!

13. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Luke is a crazy gundark. We all love him.

14. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Laughed hard with the "wedding discussion"!

But I was thinking... if sweet Schmi+theforce turned out to be Anakin(aka)Vader, I'm scared what MaraJade(aka)The Hand+theforce can produce... I hope Luke has a good influence over him/her...

15. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    He walked around in front of her to look her in the eyes. ?At this time in my life I have no interest in dating or finding Mrs. Right.?

She's right in front of you!!

Her nose wrinkled. ?So, you?re settling??

Aarghh! I knew the term 'settling' would come up.

Will this story continue just till the baby is born? Or is that a secret?

And thanks for the PM notices. I don't even care if they're late; they still help me catch the new posts.

16. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Marriage of convience my foot,:rolleyes: more like conviently in love[face_mischief]. 7

17. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    First off.

EVERYONE LOOK AT MY SIG

Second off

That was prompted by RedGold going to go see Serenity

Third off

EVERYONE SHOULD GO SEE SERENITY! JOSS WHEDON IS FANTASTIC. THE MOVIE IS AWESOME!

End caps.

As for the post. RedGold you are so great. Not only do i get the almost smack i expected but a wedding in the process..

oohh ooohh oooh I can't wait to see where this is going

UP

18. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002
    Shaking her head, she said, ?You think you have everything figured out, don?t you??

?Not everything, just enough.?

sooo cute! i'm glad Mara finally gave in. And without too much of a fight. I can't wait for the scene with Leia.

the exam went alright. not as well, perhaps as i would have liked. but i haven't gotten it back yet, so i don't know yet for sure. thanks for asking, though. :)

til next time
    ;) paige

19. Rebel-at-Heart

Rebel-at-Heart Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2005
    Wow! This is very interesting. I like it. :D

If you would add me to the pm list, I would be very happy, thanks.

20. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    AG88 - Ah... that is so sweet. Hmmm... they haven't discussed an important aspect of marriage... will there be boot knocking?!?! Probably not in a PG-13 forum. But maybe you can PM me some bonus chapters.
    How did I just know you'd say that... ;)

Jadie - Luke won't sleep in the couch for much longer, me thinks...
    Yeah, the floor is much nicer... [face_devil]

Why do I have a feeling they'll never get to the divorce point?
    Cause you all would kill me? [face_worried]

How's Serenity? From what I've seen, it looks like a mix of Star Wars, Matrix and Kill Bill... Am I wrong?
    Not sure if you can call it that... but it is a great film! I love it!

KELIA - I wonder how long it will take before the sparks start to fly
    um... depends on which type of sparks...

ginchy - Awwww...I want everything to work out for Luke/Mara and Chosen One jr. Why do I feel it won't be so easy?
    Cause it's me and I have these urges to be evil? [face_whistling]

Hmmm...Mara agreed to this quicker than I would have thought. Mayhaps she is already in love with the farmboy? Or are the horomones the ones doing the talking?

oldjedinurse - That was a wonderful discussion between them, RedGold! Very Luke-and-Mara.
    Thanks! Those two are always fun to write!

Hope you enjoyed Serenity.
    Thank you! and yes, I did. Loved it! :)

VaderLVR - Oh yes, if there is PM chapter being written, just put my name on the list!
    ;) Hey, when are you going to finish a certain said fic? o_O

Glad you decided to stick with the title, I think it works amazingly well!
    Thanks!! [:D]

Lady Jade - Wow, Luke actually managed to convince Mara....and with only minimal harm to himself!
    hehehe... the minimal comment... hehehehe... good thing she didn't find the blaster, huh?

This should be interesting to watch and see how their relationship will progress, though hopefully sparks will begin to fly sooner or later....right???
    Sparks will fly... but will they be good or bad? [face_worried]

Courtney - Whoa... Luke.Mara.Married then divorcing?
    PLEASE say it's not so!

Um... it's not so?
    But I could be lieing. [face_whistling]

FelsGoddess - This is going to be an interesting arragement.
    I'm hoping so! [face_mischief]

skywalker64089 - Yeah. This is a perfect opportunity for both of them to get it right.
    But they will probably still get it wrong... you know our Luke and Mara... heheheh

KT - Hmm? a marriage of convenience? but I can't see Luke divorcing Mara for any reason. *shrugs* Then again, it's not my story?
    Geeh, I hope it's not... I wouldn't want to get nicked for stealing! :(

Trace - Okay, so I know it's an arranged marriage and all but you gotta wonder why Luke said that everyone would automatically assume the baby was his....
    Yeah, yeah, I'm a big ol' shipper grasping here.

Was it an author's slip or does it mean more? You never know... [face_whistling]
    Nothing wrong with being a shipper!

mavjade - I do, and you just asked her to marry you, ok so that skips the dating part but, oh well.
    Ah, yes... if only Lukie would see reason? hehehehe

A giggling Mara...Scary, but pregnancy does strange things to a woman.
    From what I hear... haven't had the privilage yet *coughthankgodcough* so I'm going off by why I've heard from my girl friends. I hope I get it right!

I feel alot of arguments coming soon, knowing the two of them.
    YOu know them well... heheheh ;)

I also thought Serenity was Awesome..but very sad if you were a fan of the show
    Indeed! :_|

Vongchild - I'm afraid locking my brother in a closet won't do me any good.
    that sucks... how about tieing him up and throwing him down a gully? O:)

Yay... an engagement! Still, they haven't discussed something that's bound to come up... *smirks*
    I know... [face_mischief] but to be truthful... Mara is preggers so it's going to be the fa

21. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    I'm posting this as I go, so far it's been every other day but not sure how long that will keep up. Those of you who know me know my muse is pretty erratic. It doesn't help that I work two jobs as well as haven't had Taco Bell in over a year.

Because I started this off as a challenge then moved into a fiction I had to make assumptions, etc, about who wanted to just be notified when the fiction started up and who wanted to be notified for every chapter update. That's why I PM'd saying if you didn't want updates anymore just say so. Figured that would save a lot of mess, but instead I get a nasty piece of PM about it. That's what thinking things through and trying to be nice gets you.

So I'm going to have to ask that anyone who wants PM's, and hasn't said it specifically after chapter one, please say so now or else apparently the forum will turn to the darkside or something.

Sorry for the inconvinence.

Chapter 4

Mara had slept in some strange beds in her lifetime, but those she could handle. This, this was something completely different. For all purpose pretence, she was laying in her fiancée?s bed.

How in the nine Corellian hells did she let him talk her into this? It was madness, it wouldn?t work.

She had to get away from everything. It is the only way she could raise her baby without issue. Find a planet where she could disappear, no one knowing her past or present.

Hopefully the Force would still do its job and lead her son to his destiny.

Laying one hand on her belly she felt for the small life within. ?This is for the best.?

?You say that,? a voice answered her back. She looked up to see Luke standing in the doorway, dressed down in sleep pants and a loose shirt, ?but is it true??

?I was talking about our marriage,? she covered, pulling the blanket up modestly.

?No, you weren?t.? He shook his head and walked into the room. ?You were going to run out on me.?

Anger started to boil up inside her. ?Stay out of my head!?

?I wasn?t in your head,? he sighed and sat on the edge of the bed, turned slightly towards her, ?I just know you.?

?This won?t work, Luke,? her voice was tired.

?Yes, it will, and for this reason.? He shifted one leg up onto the bed to turn to see her better. ?We are friends, we know how each other thinks, works, and that is the half the battle.?

?What?s the other half?? she asked dryly.

?Compromise.?

?Us?? she laughed.

?We?re both trained as soldiers, Mara,? he countered, ?which means two things: we can follow orders/directions, and we can compromise/adapt when the fodder hits the ventilator.?

Mara?s eyes widened, ?Such language!?

?Don?t worry,? he grinned, ?I?ll be good around the baby.?

?I know you will,? she couldn?t stop the smile that came to her lips.

?See, this will work,? he reached out and patted her hand. ?It won?t be instant and easy, but it will.?

?I could still run off when you?re not looking,? she teased, knowing what his answer would be. He was right, they knew each other too well.

He levelled his gaze on her. ?Then I?ll find you.?

She sighed and relaxed into the bed. ?Now I remember how you talked me into this.?

Laughing, he squeezed her hand gently. ?Logic and a little blackmail works every time.?

?And I thought I was supposed to be the sneaky one in the family,? she laughed with him.

He paused and just looked at her. ?You said family.?

Had she?

After searching her memory she had to concede, ?Yeah, I suppose I did. Don?t you go thinking anything of it.?

?Perish the thought,? he winked and she knew he had taken it to heart.

?I?m trying,? she groaned.

He chuckled and gave her hand another squeeze. ?Well, I?ll see you in the morning, we have much to discuss.?

?Trying to perish that thought to,? she sighed a laugh.

?Sleep is good for that,? he was still grinning.

?So I hear,? she yawned, being more tired than she would admit.

Luke rose from the bed, but instead of heading out he walked around the side towards her. She watched him carefully but

22. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    First reply! yeah! Great story, RedGold.

He levelled his gaze on her. ?Then I?ll find you.?

Oh, I like it when Luke is so firm and manly.

There wasn?t much she could describe herself as being at that moment, except lonely. ?Could you stay with me tonight??

Oh yeah!! [face_dancing] Getting into some PG-13 bootknocking!!! Ah, darn, it is 'just sleep'. o_O

?Well,? Mara cleared her throat, ?what else there??

?A whole heck of a lot??

?Had a feeling you?d say that.?

I'll say. I think they are going to be surprised how different life is with a 'roommate'. The first time Luke leaves that toilet seat up and a pregnant Mara falls in... well, I wouldn't want to be the Farmboy. ;)

Great update, RedGold. You are a very gifted writer. I am sorry you are having a bad day. I sent you a little care package from the USA a week or so ago. Hopefully you will get it soon. Maybe that will cheer you up.

AG88

23. Lady_Jade

Lady_Jade Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    When he reached her he tugged at her blanket and put it into place, tucking her in as it where.

Awwwww!!!!! [face_love] I can just picture Luke tucking Mara into bed

Can't wait to see how Leia is gonna react to this. Now that's gonna be interesting.

Oh, and please PM me when you update! I'm loving this!

24. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Mara and Luke are starting to get along - =D= =D=

I like how he picked up on her wanting to run away before she could.

Great update!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

OH, and can I please be added to the PM list? I don't want to miss anything. [face_praying]

25. AzulSaber

AzulSaber Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2005
    Oh man I just felt so bad for Mara in this chapter! :_| She really had no choice in the matter...makes me wonder how Shmi felt.

I did love the Luke/Mara interaction again of course, wonderful as usual. And they're going to live on Yavin...this should be interesting. [face_thinking]

I still want to be on your PM list so please keep me on! Can't wait for the next part!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.