main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Bearing the Chosen - L/M - Romance/Angst - Complete April 03, 2006 - Author Thanks July 30, 2006

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Luke, a bit of an FYI, remember to watch what you say around pregnant women. ;)

Lovely fic!

2. Maul Brady

Maul Brady Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 1999
    Don't you hate it when your favorite Fic has been finished and it happened to be the most frequently updated fic out of the 0927439218723 ones you read? GRRRRRRRRRR

But awwwwww. Gosh, I loved this story a little too much. :-D You are an excellent writer! I hope you expand this one as well :D

3. MaraJade4S

MaraJade4S Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    Such a wonderful ending! You wrapped things up beautifully! [face_love]
    Another baby... and Mara finally realised she loves Luke :)
    Just wonderful!

=D=

4. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Lovely ending, even if you did throw in a bit of angsty conversation for them! And with a new baby coming, and Devin having to grow to become the Chosen One, of course you HAVE to do a sequel eventually. :D

5. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Sequel? Did I miss a mention of a sequel?

6. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Wonderful, complex ending to a great story, RedGold! I really enjoyed that you didn't write a straight-up happy ending. Real doubts, real fears: As close to "real" life as you can get with a keyboard.

I've enjoyed every post very much. Congrats on this one!

oldj

7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    A nice angsty ending. Not mushy. Just what I'd expect from you.

Well done. =D=

8. jackyyy17

jackyyy17 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2006
    I don't know how to feel right now. I am so happy because Luke and Mara have finally worked things out. Thay are a family, and they are even expecting a baby.

But I am sad because that was the end.

Wonderful story RedGold. I loved it.

jacky

9. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    :( :_| ------->This was my reaction to your PM "The End."

Wonderful ending to a great and original story.@};- I remember reading your challenge response and knowing you had many other tricks up your sleeve. You always capture Luke and Mara perfectly and honestly. The epilogue leaves many questions hanging, and oh, the angst! I know I am with the others in hoping for the sequel. Afterall...does Devin fulfill his path as being the Chosen, do things work out between Luke and Mara, what little bundle of joy do they bring into the world?

Fantastic work, Master. =D= :D (Now onto APoYOC!)

10. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW...I love a happy, sappy, romantic ending!

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

I'm so glad Mara was finally able to understand and admit her love for Luke (although his reaction was a bit of a surprise)

And another baby is on the way...could it get any more perfect?

In closing, I have really enjoyed this story from beginning to end. It was wonderful. Thank you for writing it.

Bravo on a job well done!

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

11. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002
    wow! that was a great ending, RedGold. i must say this was a nice treat after returning to school from break. i really liked to see them finally coming together. Luke's doubts were believable (though i was sad to see them, and Mara's too) and i feel like they really added to the story.

i don't suppose you'll do a story about Devin when he's older, perhaps? i, for one, would love to see what happens with him, and how well they protect and provide for their little "chosen one." :)

nice work. nice work, indeed.
    ;) paige

12. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    =D=

JediFarfy

13. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    [face_dancing] [face_love] [face_love] [face_dancing]

Perfect epilogue! Mara finally telling Luke she loves him and him not quite believing it. And the Force sending them one big honking message that they're meant to be together *sigh*

Can't wait to read more of Path, and the sequel to this when you get it started!

14. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    A truly unforgettable fic. Thanks for writing it for us! :)

15. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    *takes deep breath* :_| :_| :_|

It's so bittersweet (to me)! Loved the ending and the whole story, sorry it's over, Luke and Mara are happy and having another kid and and and ...

I LOVED THIS FIC! Great job on it, Red! [:D]

C @};- S

16. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Nice.

That was good RG. Enough of an ending that i'm satisfied, but with enough open ends to tempt me to come back (as if i would need to be coaxed..its a RG creation!)

Now to come back to an earlier conversation I had with you at the beginning of the story--about your charachterization of Mara and how I wasn't sure if I could buy it..

Let me say that you made it entirely convincing..and that as the story went on I could see how it could be both Mara I knew and a side of her that Ihad never thought to think about.

So..Thanks for another great story! Can't wait for Path to get up and runnign!

Jade

17. _ThatJediScum_

_ThatJediScum_ Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    ?Luke,? she asked quietly, ?did you hear me??

He forced a smile, ?I love you too.?

?You don?t believe me,? she accused, pulling out of his arms.

?Mara,? he tried to deny it, but then he was never good at lying. ?You?re pregnant, you might feel obligated??

?I don?t believe this,? she shook her head and turned away. ?I finally get myself sorted and this is what happens. I wish the Force would stop playing such a damn cruel joke on me!?

?Mara,? he stepped forward, wanting her to calm down.

?No!? she yelled and turned around, pointing her finger at him. ?I told you, I stopped asking myself, just letting myself feel, just like you wanted.?

?That?s good,? was all he could think to say.

?Good?? she squeaked uncharacteristically, ?good? I came to the realization that I would do anything for you, that I couldn?t live without you, that I loved you and was trying to find the right time and way to tell you and somehow end up pregnant along the way and you think I?m crazy or something??

Her confessions hit him hard, ?I didn?t say you were crazy.?

?You might as well have!? she yelled and stormed off back into the bedroom.

Was he doomed, cursed, was this the price he paid for being a Skywalker?

Is it totally bad of me that I cracked up at this part? No? I didn't think so. :D
    I think Luke and Mara will work everything out but I can also see them having a very "interesting" relationship. [face_laugh]

The last part, makes me really think there will be a sequel. I've really enjoyed reading this story. It was so much fun. Thank you for sharing it.

bran

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    A perfect ending to a wonderful story! I hope they have a little girl! ;)

19. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    *whistles*

*leaps to feet*

*applauds*

Steller performance! Encore! Encore!

Definately in the top %1 of fanfictions out there. Truely excellent!

20. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    wonderful job:) :_| :)

i loved it and i'm gonna miss it!

*goes to find Path*

something to tide me over till the sequal comes:D

meg

21. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    Sad that it ended, but why i still got the feeling that Luke isn't shore about HIS feelings??[face_thinking]

anyway, nice to read a story where pregnancy isn't always expected, but rather unexpected and unplanned.=D=

Hope to hear you soon in other FICS =D=

P.S ...and they lived happily ever after ????[face_thinking][face_thinking]

naaaah, that would be to easy and Skywalkers NEVER do things easy :)

22. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Amazing, wonderful, perfect ending! =D=
    (I couldn't pick which adjective I wanted to use, so I used several! :p )

:_| I am so very sad that it is over! But I guess all good things must come to an end, right? *sniff*

Leave it to Luke to miss what she was saying before she told him that she was pregnant! (Or is that a guy thing? :p )

?I have everything I ever wanted in life,? he said into the air, ?and I try my hardest to destroy it.?
    Well at least he realises it... finally! :)

?Luke,? Mara?s voice took a tone of caution, ?you?re not going to favour the new baby over Devin because this one is actually yours, are you??
    ?I?? he paused, realizing Mara?s fears where valid because while Devin was his flesh and blood, this new baby would be of his own creation, ?warn me if I start to??

I don't think Luke would do that... I think he loves Devin as his own, but for some strange reason I take comfort in the fact that he didn't outright deny that he would do that and asked her to tell him if he does!
    I think it's because it seems to me like they have finally started being completely honest with each other!

Luke slipped his hand over Mara?s belly, trying to sense the small life within.
    No, Devin would need all of them, as a family.

Awww.... that was such a sweet ending! I love it![face_love]

If and when you do a sequel, I will most definietly be here, jumping up and down to get in line to read it! :)

Thank you for sharing such an amazing story with us, RedGold!

~mav

23. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    =D= =D= =D= Bravo on a story well done. If you write a sequel, count me in on your pm list again. ;)

-Vicster

24. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
  25. DarthNihilist

DarthNihilist Jedi Knight

Apr 4, 2006
    i've been lurking here for a while, i had to finally register just so i could post on how much i loved this story. great work =D==D==D==D= i'm looking forward to reading some of your other stories.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.