main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Bearing the Chosen - L/M - Romance/Angst - Complete April 03, 2006 - Author Thanks July 30, 2006

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    The good thing about getting so far behind that you get to read the final few posts in one sitting is that you don't have to suffer all the evil cliffies. :p

Wonderful story, RG! I hate to see it end.

I like how you resolved it - though I still think Mara needs some prozac or something, LOL.

Take a bow, girl!

*throws flowers on stage*

@};- @};- @};- @};- @};-

2. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Awww! Very good epilogue! I have a feeling this one will be a little girl, with blonde hair and green eyes. [face_batting]

Thanks for the story. :)

3. smiley_rancor

smiley_rancor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2006
    Yay! Your last chapter and epiloge were wonderful. I'm so glad that everything has worked out for the best and they're going to have another baby (i'm for a girl too!)

Loved the way it all came together. Hopes for a sequel!

Thanks Red!

4. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Super ending Redgold!=D= I am going to miss this story very much. I know that you seem not to care much for sequels, but I have to ask anyway. Please.[face_praying] I am enjoying the fact that you brought life back into "A Path of Your Own Choosing" because nothing upset me more than getting into a story and then to have it STOP. That can make me go Sithy. Kudoes my friend. Like always you did not let me down.[:D] @};-

5. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    yes, I'm hoping this one is a girl too. I vote for a sequel sometime.... not yet, but eventually.. *grin*

lovely, lovely, and more lovely...

*starts chocolate rain again*

6. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Oooo, fabulous ending!

I'm so happy for Luke and Mara. :D

It's certainly been a wild ride, but I've loved it, really.

And are you doing PMs for this mysterious sequel? And if so, can I be on the list? :p

7. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Ooh! Good ending!

?...but if it?s a girl you are not naming her after any past dalliances you?ve had.?

Here, here!

Well done and good post, RedGold!

8. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2006
    I came to the party late, but great story. From what I've seen of yours, you write a great Luke and Mara! I will be eagerly seeking out your other work.

9. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Read this a while ago and I realy liked it[:D]

10. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    I'm afraid I am going to have to blame you for making me like L/M. I've never had a problem with Mara, but hadn't been impressed with her marriage to Luke in profic. However, in this fic, you showed how well they matched.

11. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    Bravo, RG. A wonderful story, from start to finish. =D=

12. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Sorry that these are so long in coming! I do apologize! You all know that my readers mean the world to me!!

Also, thank you again for nominating my story for this years awards! Luke made his way to best character!!!

You are all wonderful and loverly!!! [:D]

Hope to see you for the sequel when I start it!

@};-

ginchy - Great ending, I'm so happy they're together and happy. And, yes, indeed they are a matching pair--idiots in love.
    Idiots in love, yeah, the pretty much says it all! :p

And, oh, a baby--I hope it's a girl. And, Mara shouldn't worry--Luke couldn't favor one child over another if he tried. It's just not in his nature.
    Luke is a good daddy, but you never know... and there is also Mara... would she favor either son over another? [face_thinking]

Jadie - Thank you!! Not quite a fairytale ending, but things hopefully can only get better.

crackjacks - Mara and Luke finally got things figured out, why does it take so long for them? :(

Jade_Pilot - No, it's the price you pay for marrying Mara! I think it will be a challenging marriage, but so worth it.
    I can never see a marriage with Mara as easy! :) But something tells me that Luke prefers a challange!

Jade_eyes - Luke just has the worse timing, doesn't he? Oh well, it's sorted now. I hope you enjoy Path though, even if I'm a bit slow....

ZebulaNebula - Good thing Mara's decided she's not gonna label what she feels and just enjoy it.
    Shouldn't we all do that? I think the world would be a whole lot better if we did.

AgiVega - Thanks! I have hit a bit of a standstill with my writing, so your support is appreciated!

JediKnight-Obi-Wan - Men! They are always messing things up :p
    Though it could've been worse. He could've demanded to know who's child it was this time. :eek: [face_worried] :oops:

jaine_clan_solo - Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed! When I get to the sequel, I'll let you know!

SWpants666 - Thanks! The Skywalker family is whole... almost... and I hope you enjoy Path!

AvenKiel - I'll keep that in mind, but for now it's a secret! ;)

KT - Some grip you have there! ;)

VongChild - So, you want a little girl named Padme huh? I'll keep that in mind... :D

FelsGoddess - You would think he would know that by now? hehehe

Maul Brady - I know you feel every time I read a PonyTricks fic! :) Glad you liked this one so much! Thank you! I hope to expand at a later date!

MaraJade4S - I thought about making the ending evil... but nah... glad you liked!

Jedi-2B - Thanks! And yes, there is a sequel planned, but there will be some time before I post it.

ZaraValinor - There will be one eventually... I just don't have it written up yet and I have some WIPs I need to finish. DOn't worry, everyone will know when it's ready!

oldjedinurse - Thanks! I always prefer to leave this as realistic as possible even being in the galaxy a far far away.

RebelMom - Hmm, I guess I'm becoming predicitable... is that a good thing? :D

jackyyy17 - Such emotions to have! It makes me proud that I could effect you so!

MirandFair - I always have something up my sleeve, and it looks like you do too! I can't wait for an update of your story girl!

KELIA - Thank you!! Their lives are getting sorted, but you know me, more angst to come!

Ariapaige - Yes, the sequel will be about with Devin is older and has to fullfill his destiny as the Chosen One, a destiny I have hinted at.

JediFarfy - Thanks!!

JadeLotus - The Force puts up a big neon sign and Luke and Mara still can't see it... but finally they figured it out.

Golden_Jedi - Thanks!! I'm glad you enjoyed!

Courtney_Solo - *gives a tissue and a light hug*

jade51999 - aawwww... thanks! You make me blush many times over!!! [face_blush] I just don't know what to say!

_ThatJediScum_ - Is it totally bad

13. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    I wanted to say THANK YOU [:D] to everyone who voted for Luke for Best Character in the awards!!!

I was very much surprised to win, but thank you all once again!! @};-

14. Jedi_Kassandra

Jedi_Kassandra Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 19, 2006
    Holy Cow.

Please let me know if you write a sequel, this was amazing. I started it this morning, went out of town, and got back on the computer as soon as I got home. I haven't gotten off since and it's almost like one in the morning.

~Kass~

15. Jedi_Kassandra

Jedi_Kassandra Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 19, 2006
    *Whoops, double post*

16. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    Hope to see you for the sequel when I start it!

You gonna write a sequel??? Boy this is interesting news....

Hope that when sequel starts you announce this to the masses OR you could alwys put me a PM list to [face_blush] :)

17. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    Jedi_Kassandra - Wow, I'm honored that you found my story so captivating!! I will let you know when I write the sequel.

tasujad - There is a sequel idea in the works, but it takes me some time to get to the sequel stage. As you can see from my signature I am about to do the sequal for Emperor's Shadow and it's been a year since I completed it!!

18. musingmiyu

musingmiyu Jedi Master star 1

Aug 5, 2006
    Wow... this is just awesome.

Though I've never read the EU, I quickly feel in love with Mara's character, as well as Luke and Devin. <3 It was just all so sweet, and I felt that I was watching a beautiful movie. The dialogue was awesome... yeah.

Congrats on winning, you totally deserve it. ;)

[EDIT] If there's a sequel, can you please PM me? xD If not, I understand. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.