main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Bearing the Chosen - L/M - Romance/Angst - Complete April 03, 2006 - Author Thanks July 30, 2006

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Oh Mal is so hot....

whoops sorry, thinking about the misbehavin comment from earlier..

Luke is great..but I'm suspecting Leia won't react quite the way he wants her to...
    Also uh..Mara elbowing him in the ribs..riot!

I like how they settled on the name.

Also--in case you didn't know already
    PM ME!

2. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Please keep me on your PM list.

Luke really has some good arguments. It will be fun watching them get used to each other.

3. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Aww, it was so sweet when he tucked her in. He had to get in practice for when the real 'kid' arrives, right? I didn't expect her to ask him to stay with him, but those hormones do crazy things!

4. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    ?It?s okay,? he smiled lightly, ?I?ve had worse. I?ll just have to keep a mental note not to stand in the way of a pregnant lady and the refresher.?

?Might be advisable,? Mara replied, a small smile gracing her lips.

/me thanks the Force or whomever responsible for not having a single "morning sickness" through two pregnancies... :D

5. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    You too? I was similarily blessed during my two pregnancies. [:D] Nice, isn't it. :p

Good thing that Mara is a fictional character, because otherwise she would probably be hunting me down for that comment... well, in between trips to the 'fresher, that is. ;)

AG88

6. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    "Thank you,? she whispered as she finally let true sleep overtake her for the first time in a long, long while.

I love L/M sleepovers...[face_love]

And thank you for the PM...always glad to see those coming. [:D]

7. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I like getting PMs from you for all of your stories. :D (Like Path...) :p

Great chapter...very practical of Luke and Mara to think of finances/last names/OBGYN's....LOL

I can't wait to see Han and Leia's reaction, though...

8. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Yoda: "PM's send me, you must."

;)

If somebody is being crabby about it, I guess that this is the only way to deal with it.

:(

Loved the post. But they are not even trying to examine the possibility that they might actually fall in love (assuming that they aren't already). I know, I know. Endless optimism. However, with one of my favorite 'ships on the line, the glass is always half-full. :D

S.

9. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Can't wait to hear what Leia has to say...

Loved the update!

oldj

P.S. I'd love PMs too!

10. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Great update, RedGold! OMG, that was great! [face_laugh]

~CS

11. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    They're so cute!

Mara+morning sickness= dangerous.

Mara+mood swings= normal, but still quite dangerous. :p

Can't wait to see where this goes.

12. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    "An arm was draped over her side and that had to go. A swift punch to the abdomen solved that problem..."

LOVED THAT BIT! Very Mara! :)

Put me on the PM list definately!

13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I really should be studying for my physiology exam that is in the morning, but I thought I would procrastinate and respond to this chapter...
    Which by the way was great!

?And I thought I was supposed to be the sneaky one in the family,? she laughed with him. He paused and just looked at her. ?You said family.?

Freudian slip? Hehehe

There wasn?t much she could describe herself as being at that moment, except lonely. ?Could you stay with me tonight??

I hope she asks this a lot in the future;)

Although I am a little worried for Luke's health...already he has been smacked and punched, and they have yet to really get into it...scary

I would like to keep getting PM's...why someone be so angry about them is beyond me:confused:

14. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002
    He stayed over the covers but he slipped beside her, pulling her to him in a friendly enough embrace, not one as close as lovers
    I like that she noticed this. It's almost as if she wishes they were... if only a little bit.

I really liked the morning after scene as well. They do have a lot to talk about. It was great to see their ease with one another. The casual way they joke, and such. I can't wait to see Leia's reaction! This is going to be good.

I rather appreciate the PMs. It's fun to get online and see that i have a message and that message means there's an update! (both make me equally happy)

;) paige

15. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    That was beautifully written! =D= =D= =D=

The L/M interaction was great as well, and Mara asking Luke to stay with her...[face_love] [face_love]

~Misha

16. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005

[face_love]

Good to see that Mara took the first step and they actuially got into bed together. Even if nothing happened. It will though, right? [face_praying]

?Okay,? he thought for a moment, ?we keep what we bring in. Everything else depends on what would be best for the child. Anything left over, goes to the buyer.?

?Unless it?s a gift,? the words came out on their own.

Hmmmm. Is that a bit of foreshadowing I sense?

Oh, and please keep me on your PM list.

17. _ThatJediScum_

_ThatJediScum_ Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Please PM me when you update. I read more than I ever reply so if you don't hear from me for a chapter or two know I'm still around.

Poor Mara! I couldn't even imagine waking up one day just pregnant. She's taking it very well.

bran

18. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    I'll do replies later but I have to run to my first of a double shift today... but I just wanted to clarify something.

I called the PM I got nasty because it was condesending and rude towards me, treating me like some clueless inferior when I knew exactly what I was doing. It wasn't their place to treat me like this and they should have told a mod if it was so important to them that I obey the rule to the letter (after all, that's what the mods are there for), not act as if I should fall on my knees in thanfullness to them for pointing out something I already knew.

I didn't mind so much being told I was skimming the rule, just the manner in which it was conveyed left much to be desired.

Well, can't please them all.

I'm going to see if I can get some work done tonight on the next chapter while I'm at work. It's the late shift and sometimes I get a free hour (sorta, I still have to stay in the lobby). Maybe a post tomorrow, but not guarenteeing.

Gotta jet!

19. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Oh yeah! I want to be PMed with updates. Seeing something in my inbox makes me smile. :)

20. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    My brain is fried right now, so all I can say is very good job!

KT

21. Rebel-at-Heart

Rebel-at-Heart Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2005
    They stand will their backs to each other, then mark off ten paces, turn and shoot the blasters. Rebel falls over dead. (After all I couldn't shoot the author or we wouldn't get anymore updates!) [face_beatup] :p

Here are some parts I really enjoyed:

?And I thought I was supposed to be the sneaky one in the family,? she laughed with him.

He paused and just looked at her. ?You said family.?

Had she?

After searching her memory she had to concede, ?Yeah, I suppose I did. Don?t you go thinking anything of it.?

Pregnant Mara is going soft! Those hormones will get ya every time.

An arm was draped over her side and that had to go. A swift punch to the abdomen solved that problem, but now she was really going to loose her stomach contents. As fast as she could she rushed into the refresher, a mild thump and yelp sounding behind her.

There's the old Mara back, punch first and talk later! :D

Please keep me on your pm list. Thank you for that wonderful service!

22. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    AG88 - Oh, I like it when Luke is so firm and manly.
    I bet you do! ;)

Oh yeah!! Getting into some PG-13 bootknocking!!! Ah, darn, it is 'just sleep'.
    Hey, it's me, do you really think it's going to be that easy for these two? [face_devil]

I'll say. I think they are going to be surprised how different life is with a 'roommate'. The first time Luke leaves that toilet seat up and a pregnant Mara falls in... well, I wouldn't want to be the Farmboy.
    Oh my... [face_worried]

Great update, RedGold. You are a very gifted writer. I am sorry you are having a bad day. I sent you a little care package from the USA a week or so ago. Hopefully you will get it soon. Maybe that will cheer you up.
    That really was a bad day, wasn't it. Oh well, you deal and move on... and eat fruit snacks! *is eagerly awaiting them*
    You're the best AG! [:D]

Lady Jade - Awwwww!!!!! I can just picture Luke tucking Mara into bed
    It's a Luke thing to do, itsn't it. [face_love]

Can't wait to see how Leia is gonna react to this. Now that's gonna be interesting.
    You'll find out next chapter.

KELIA - Mara and Luke are starting to get along -
    Yes, and let's see how long that lasts... [face_devil]

I like how he picked up on her wanting to run away before she could.
    This is Luke we're talking about... although why Mara would want to run away from him I have no idea... 8-}

AzulSaber - Oh man I just felt so bad for Mara in this chapter! She really had no choice in the matter...makes me wonder how Shmi felt.
    I've always wondered that too. She seems to have taken it with a grain of salt or something but it didn't seem to faze her when she mentioned it in TPM. I think there would have been more to it myself.

jade51999 - Oh Mal is so hot....
    whoops sorry, thinking about the misbehavin comment from earlier..

Not a problem... but I like Jayne myself... [face_love]

Luke is great..but I'm suspecting Leia won't react quite the way he wants her to...
    We shall see... [face_whistling]

Also uh..Mara elbowing him in the ribs..riot!
    I just couldnt' help myself... mmmmuuwwwahahahahah

I like how they settled on the name.
    Thanks! I really wanted to show the whole situation and how they plan on making it work... but you know this is about as easy as it's going to get.

RebelMom - Luke really has some good arguments. It will be fun watching them get used to each other.
    Especially with Mara being hormonal! [face_worried]

Jedi-2B - Aww, it was so sweet when he tucked her in. He had to get in practice for when the real 'kid' arrives, right? I didn't expect her to ask him to stay with him, but those hormones do crazy things!
    So I hear... but how do we know she just didn't want to snuggle up with the Jedi Master? Wouldn't we all? [face_batting]
    But yeah, probably hormones. :p

Golden Jedi - /me thanks the Force or whomever responsible for not having a single "morning sickness" through two pregnancies...
    Considering my luck I'll probably have the worst on record once me and the hubby decide to torture the world with minnie-uses.
    Did you do anything special? Eat certain foods or anything?

MirandaFair - I love L/M sleepovers...
    Don't we all? ;)

ginchy - I like getting PMs from you for all of your stories. (Like Path...)
    Oh... yeah... about that... [face_blush] um... LOOK OVER THERE!
    *flees*

Great chapter...very practical of Luke and Mara to think of finances/last names/OBGYN's....LOL
    Very practical... if only the rest of the situation could be so...

I can't wait to see Han and Leia's reaction, though...
    You might be surprised.

skywalker64089 - Yoda: "PM's send me, you must."
    Your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me.
    *sends PM*
    :p

Loved the post. But they are not even trying to examine the possibility that they might actually fall in love (assuming that they aren't already). I know, I know. Endless optimism. However, with one of my fa

23. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    Leia and Han's reactions! I hope you like my take on it! Enjoy!

Oh, I don't know when the next update will be. Somehow I managed to get tonight off, though I worked this morning. I work two jobs on Sat and all day at one job on Sun, so I might get some writing in on paper but might not be able to post till Monday.

Chapter 5

Leia had come home before midday, but that didn?t mean she didn?t have work to do. There were always reports to read and decisions to be made. Though it wasn?t true, sometimes it felt as if the galaxy wouldn?t run without her.

?Luke?s on his way up,? Han poked his head into the room.

Checking her crono, her brother was late but she hadn?t noticed. She really needed a vacation from all of this. Maybe Luke?s important information would involve a few weeks away from the Senate.

It couldn?t be any worse than the discussion they had yesterday.

Anakin Skywalker was the Chosen One, meant to bring balance to the Force. But what did that mean? Luke thought he had the answer, but she couldn?t help feel there was more to it.

Did he have to go to the Dark Side to bring balance?

Did he have to aid Palpatine?

Did he have to torture her?

Shaking her head she willed herself to do as she had already done, put it back in the past where it belonged.

Han fully entered the office and leaned against the frame. ?Kid?s late, and he has Jade with him.?

?Mara Jade?? Leia knew the trader was on Coruscant, but didn?t realise she would contact Luke. Although, he could have contacted her. He was forever complaining about her refusal to train.

?Yeah,? Han said in an odd tone.

?What is it?? she asked as she put her datapads away.

?I saw Jade about two weeks ago, at the docking bays,? he scratched the back of his neck, ?and she was acting funny.?

?Funny ha-ha or funny interesting??

?She was? well? moody,? he shrugged.

?Moody?? Leia blinked. ?She?s always moody.?

?No, she?s always in a bad mood,? he pointed out with a lopsided grin. ?This time, she was all over the place. One moment I feared for my life and the next I thought she was going to break down in tears over a broke hydrospanner.?

?That?s? different.?

?You?re telling me,? he smirked. ?But you know what, if I didn?t know better, I swear she was pregnant with the way she was acting.?

?Mara would never find herself in that situation,? Leia replied after thinking about it. Mara wouldn?t be the one not to take precautions, and she didn?t seem the motherly type.

?Yeah,? he agreed, ?but something has put her out of wack.?

?And she?s with Luke,? she said slowly. ?You don?t suppose something to with Palpatine? Maybe another command or perhaps a mental breakdown??

?She is a strong woman, but yeah,? he shrugged, ?even the strongest have their breaking point.?

?Luke will probably want our help then,? Leia started to run through her options. ?She might need treatment, and if this got out it would cause undo harm to too many people?s reputations.?

?The woman needs a break if you ask me,? he said as they moved into the living space. ?Palps worked her over and she?s been working herself to death since.?

Leia opened her mouth to reply but then the buzzer sounded, Threepio already on his way to the door. Moments later Luke came into the living area, a cautious smile on his face. Mara trailed behind him, a blank expression as usual.

?Leia,? Luke held out his arms and gave her a hug. ?How are you doing??

?Better,? she answered, still holding him at arms length to see if she could catch anything of the situation from him.

?Good to hear it,? he pulled away and moved to give Han a handshake.

As the brother-in-laws greeted, Leia eyed Mara. She did seem rather tense, hanging back in the room and making no attempt to say hello. Tentively reaching out with the Force, she scanned the woman?s mental state. There was worry, fear, and a bit of uncertainty, but nothing akin to mental instability.

So why else would she be acting so strange? Could she be ill?

?Hello, Jade,?

24. Lady_Jade

Lady_Jade Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    In all honesty, Leia took it better than I thought she would. ;)

?I?m hungry,? Mara broke in, ?can I raid the kitchen??

[face_laugh] Awesome ice-breaker....kind of. Poor Mara!

Up!!!!!!

25. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Oh, I'm glad that Leia is supportive - and Han, too, in his own way.

This is such a great plot. I'm really looking forward to everything you come up with.

oldj

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.