main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Bearing the Chosen - L/M - Romance/Angst - Complete April 03, 2006 - Author Thanks July 30, 2006

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Another great chapter RedGold. I like the change you made from the rough draft.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] I love that line. Typical Han. Wonderful.

Of course she does... she hasn't had sex in years!!!!!:eek:

A chance to get some good Jedi lovin'!!![face_laugh]

Seriously, this is sweet. It is a hint of maybe some hidden feelings Luke has for Mara.

Great chapter!!

AG88

2. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    ?Oh, I dunno,? Mara rolled her eyes, ?maybe because I haven?t had sex in years??

?Really,? Han kept his poker face, ?that explains a few things.?

:D :D :D :D

Han has a deathwish, ir seems...

As to your question: the answer is icecream, looooots of icecream... [face_whistling]

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Mara rolled her eyes, ?maybe because I haven?t had sex in years??

[face_laugh] [face_laugh][face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Leia took the news rather well. I like how she will support Luke despite her concerns over him marrying Mara.

Great update!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

4. _ThatJediScum_

_ThatJediScum_ Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    All of Han's lines are classic! Especially these three:

?I?ve had Cilghal and Tionne check her out,? Luke added. ?Genetically speaking, this child is our uncle.?

Another slightly long pause.

?I think you hurt my brain,? Han finally uttered.
    __

?Oh, I dunno,? Mara rolled her eyes, ?maybe because I haven?t had sex in years??

__

?Well,? Luke looked up at Han, ?we?re going to tell them that the baby was an accident, and we?ve decided to get married.?

Han let out a snort. ?That sounds even worse, kid. Sounds like you?re just shacking up because you got sloppy.?

I'm surprised at how well Leia is taking all this. But I suspect both Leia and Mara aren't done reacting to the news yet.

bran

5. Rebel-at-Heart

Rebel-at-Heart Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2005
    ?She was? well? moody,? he shrugged.

?Moody?? Leia blinked. ?She?s always moody.?

?No, she?s always in a bad mood,? he pointed out with a lopsided grin.

I LOVE this part! [face_laugh] =D=

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

The line ?Funny ha-ha or funny interesting?? was taken from the movie Undercover Blues which I think is an awesome film. Very L/M in a lot of ways, and funny to boot! Go watch! If you can find it... it's a few years old.

Undercover Blues (1993)
    Kathleen Turner, Dennis Quaid
    Wonderful movie, romance, comedy, suspense, a baby, you could even watch it with a guy, it has shooting and things blowing up. :D

Wonderful post! Lots of laughs and a hint of what might be. Thanks for the pm, I am looking forward to more!

6. AzulSaber

AzulSaber Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2005
    Great update!=D=

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That's exactly how I felt when I found out the news! Oh man, Han and Leia's reactions were priceless. And Luke, oh sweet Luke. :D Ready to be both father to this Chosen One and husband to Mara!

Awesomeness, anxiously awaiting the next part!

7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000

I laughed out loud at this point.

I have Undercover Blues. It's a cute movie.

8. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Hehe... Han's line about swearing Mara was pregnant cracked me up..

Not supposed to be on the computer right now... Sneaky sneaky!

Great update! Keep those PMs coming!

9. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Great last couple of chapters, RedGold. What are they getting themselves into? It's going to be an interesting marriage!

10. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    ?Why can?t the Force be, I dunno,? Han shrugged in his seat next to Leia, ?less insanely multifarious??

Ah, Han. I love ya.

Great chapter, RG! I'm glad Leia and Han took it all so well. "Aunt Leia" indeed.

:D

11. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Loved how Han and Leia were coming up with possibilities about what was going on with Mara. They actually accepted the truth better than I expected. And everyone already quoted Han's great line about Mara's love life. [face_laugh]

Don't worry about sporadic posting. You're already posting faster than I could ever manage. :D

12. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Well that wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be...I thought Leia was going to freak.

He would make a great father, even if the child wasn?t his but adopted. Sure, he?d receive a lot of flack over this, but he wouldn?t care. Well, he would care, but more about a child that wasn?t even his than himself. That was just his way.
    ?Mara and I are getting married.?
    Impulsive, reckless, yeah, that was her brother

LOL... it is so true... that is Luke up and down (kind, sweet, reckless, impulsive etc.)Don't you just love him [face_love]

?You call it an extreme,? Luke sighed, ?I call it a chance.?
    ?I chance at what?? she asked slowly.
    Luke chuckled slightly, ?When I figure that out, I?ll let you know.?

You'll figure it out soon enough farmboy;) (I hope[face_praying])

Loved this chapter...can't wait for the next!

13. Jadie

Jadie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    This is serious, Red... It's 3AM, I'm having an insomnia and I woke up everyone at home, with laughing. [face_monkey]

Sorry, I didn't review the last chapter. I must've forgotten. [face_thinking]

Aunt Leia reacted better than I thought... :)
    I've got a feeling fun is about to begin... [face_mischief]

14. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Ahhh you updated these so fast I didn't have a chance to come in and read them.

=D= I've loved everything so far please, keep sending me PMs. I promise to be better about getting here.

15. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002
    I loved Mara's response to Han- "Been there, done that" Very Mara :)
    I'm also glad Leia's decided to be accepting from the start like this. I'm also intensely curious as to how the next part will go. Can't wait!

;) paige

16. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Loved seeing H/L's reaction.=D= I'm sure there will be more chances for Leia/Mara fireworks on this matter. And Han...Han is always so on top of things. Loved how he spotted out Mara's mood swings - and then to call her being preggers....Han's the man. Force-sch'morce! :p

Can't wait to see what's to come! :D

17. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    I loved Han's lines. Reminds me of the OT.

Five credits that luke and mara will fall in love....

18. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    You do a great job with writing Han! I can totally hear him speaking. Especially that crack about Mara's "dry-spell".

Great Job!

19. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I think everyone above has quoted the great han quotations.

Awesome job--:)

20. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005

Doesn't it though? :D Great chapter.

I liked Mara calling Leia "Chief". It seemed to fit, for some strange reason. Glad Han and Leia took it well, considering the circumstances.

And something tells me Luke and Mara aren't going to get divorced after a few years...

21. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Lady Jade - In all honesty, Leia took it better than I thought she would.
    That seems to be the general consensus... next chapter will explain why! :)

Awesome ice-breaker....kind of. Poor Mara!
    Yes, poor Mara... she's been blackmailed into marrying Luke! :p

oldjedinurse - Oh, I'm glad that Leia is supportive - and Han, too, in his own way.
    It's good to know your family is behind you! :)

This is such a great plot. I'm really looking forward to everything you come up with.
    [face_blush] Thanks! I'm a bit different with my plotting, I hope it works out!

AG8 -Another great chapter RedGold. I like the change you made from the rough draft.
    And you say I never listen to you! :p I loved you suggestion! Thanks!

Of course she does... she hasn't had sex in years!!!!!
    I think you kinda missed the point there... but sokay, I think Luke did too! :p

Seriously, this is sweet. It is a hint of maybe some hidden feelings Luke has for Mara.
    I think you might be right. ;)

Golden Jedi - Han has a deathwish, ir seems...
    That's our Han! :D

As to your question: the answer is icecream, looooots of icecream...
    hhhmmm [face_thinking] *takes notes*

KELIA - Leia took the news rather well. I like how she will support Luke despite her concerns over him marrying Mara.
    In the end, it's all about family! And it's about to get bigger!

_ThatJediScum_ - All of Han's lines are classic!
    I love writing Han! I just sit back and think "what would my dad say?". :D

I'm surprised at how well Leia is taking all this. But I suspect both Leia and Mara aren't done reacting to the news yet.
    There will be a bit more reacting in the next chapter. ;)

Rebel-at-Heart - Undercover Blues (1993)
    Kathleen Turner, Dennis Quaid
    Wonderful movie, romance, comedy, suspense, a baby, you could even watch it with a guy, it has shooting and things blowing up.

Yep! That's the one! It's a great movie. Hillarious all the way through.
    I need to get a copy for over here in the UK. *goes shopping*

AzulSaber -That's exactly how I felt when I found out the news! Oh man, Han and Leia's reactions were priceless.
    Aww... didn't mean to hurt you brain... okay, so maybe I did [face_devil]

And Luke, oh sweet Luke. Ready to be both father to this Chosen One and husband to Mara!
    That's why we love him! [face_love]

RebelMom - I laughed out loud at this point.
    It really does make my day when I know I've caused someone to do that! It's such a great feeling. Thanks! [:D]

I have Undercover Blues. It's a cute movie.
    Indeed it is! Can't you just see a little L/M in the way those two work together?
    "Jeff is a terrible shot. He had to bribe the examiner at the FBI."
    "No, I bribed the guy at the CIA, I blackmailed the guy at the FBI."

"See mommy picking the big lock? Maybe when you're a big girl she'll teach you how to do that. Of course, she might still be picking this one."

*should stop now before she quotes the whole movie*

Vongchild - Han's line about swearing Mara was pregnant cracked me up..
    Glad you liked! :)

Not supposed to be on the computer right now... Sneaky sneaky!
    Ah yes... I'm promoting deliquency... [face_devil]

cheersweetie27 - Great last couple of chapters, RedGold. What are they getting themselves into? It's going to be an interesting marriage!
    I don't think even they know... but yes... interesting it is gonna get! [face_mischief]

ginchy - I'm glad Leia and Han took it all so well. "Aunt Leia" indeed.
    Thanks! :)

btw... love your sig... I'm a huge X-Files fan myself and that was one of my favs. Though personally all the eps written by Darin Morgan are the best! Vince is good, but Morgan just has style...

Jedi-2B - Loved how Han and Leia were coming up with possibilities about what was going on with Mara. They actually accepted the truth better than I expected.
    Leia and Han are two s

22. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Okay, you're all in luck. Hubby lost his wallet so we had to come home early and I had plenty of time to finish this up.

So, who did it? Which one of you stole it! Fess up!!

:p

Thanks AG88 for beta'ing this.

Enjoy all!

Chapter 6

?There is still time to back out of this,? Mara eyed Luke carefully.

?I know,? a light smile graced his lips.

She sighed and would have hung her head, but his chest was in her way. ?We?re going to get in over our heads.?

?Possibly,? he shrugged, ?but we?ve gotten through worse.?

?Are you comparing blaster battles to marriage??

He though about it for a moment, bringing his hand up to his chin and accidentally bumping her, ?Yes.?

?It?s probably a good likeness between the two,? she grumbled.

With a sigh he placed his hands on her shoulders, ?How many times do I have to tell you it will be okay??

?When it is?? she gave a half laugh.

?It will be,? had had so much confidence in his voice, ?I promise.?

She glanced over his shoulder at the chrono. ?Guess in thirty it will be too late.?

?That too,? he covered his grin with his hand. Mara just shook her head, a cover for her own smirk.

A few more minutes passed and Luke started to shuffle his feet like a little boy. At one point he stepped on her foot. ?Watch it!?

?This was your idea,? he shot back.

?How was I supposed to know you can?t stand still for five minutes??

He gave her a bemused look, ?You want me to answer that??

?No, not really,? she grumbled.

The concept was simple. Luke and Mara were supposed to be lovers. Being that close to each other meant that they should be comfortable in each other?s very close presence, after all, no one was going to be fooled if they constantly kept measurable space between them.

In order to get around this, at least for Leia?s dinner party in which their friends will be told the ?good news? before the holo press, Mara though that some time in each other?s personal space would be helpful.

This is why she was now standing barely a hand width from Luke.

?By the time we get there,? Luke said into the silence that had fallen between them, ?most of our friends should have arrived.?

?They will probably catch on pretty quickly that something is up,? she figured he was thinking along the same lines. ?I was sick and moody around Karrde. Corran has his telepathy that surpasses even you I wager. And Wedge, well, he?s pretty darn clever himself.?

?Han said he thought you were pregnant,? Luke smiled, ?but he figured there must have been a more logical explanation.?

Mara was about to retort an awfully sarcastic remark, but settled on, ?Sounds about right.?

?You?ll make a good mother, Mara,? Luke responded to her unspoken thoughts, placing one hand on her shoulder yet again.

She blushed slightly, not wanting to believe but Luke made it so easy. ?I?ll hold you to that.?

?Good,? he smiled gently.

More silence ensued and Luke?s hand slipped uncomfortably from her.

?We can?t be having that,? Mara grabbed his hand, ?we?re lovers remember. It won?t do any good if you can?t even touch my shoulders.?

?Yeah,? it was his turn to blush, but in a bold move he reached out and wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her against him.

Mara coughed away her uneasiness and made herself comfortable, resting her head on his shoulder. ?Good idea.?

?Thanks,? he replied with his own bit of unease. It was good that they got those feelings out of the way before they went in front of the others.

?Now,? Mara tilted her head back to look at him, ?do you remember everything??

?Do you really think people might ask?? he frowned.

?You never know,? she shrugged, ?but it?s always good to have these details the same between us.?

?I?m sorry,? Luke shook his head, ?but if someone asks when we first made love, I refuse to answer that. It?s none of their business, even if they are my friends.?

Mara had to smile. Luke, a Jedi Master who faced Palpatine and Vader, was still a farm boy at heart. ?Fair enou

23. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    *steals first reply*

Nothing ever goes according to plan, now does it? :p Another great update. :D

And they kissed! *loves it*

24. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    I love this! I love this! I love this!

[face_dancing]

In order to get around this, at least for Leia?s dinner party in which their friends will be told the ?good news? before the holo press, Mara though that some time in each other?s personal space would be helpful.

This is why she was now standing barely a hand width from Luke.

The kiss was great and awkward in every way. Loved Mara's thoughts about it.

Unable to come up with any words that would express her gratefulness she leaned up and pecked a kiss on the corner of his mouth that lingered perhaps a bit longer than needed.

It was at the moment her lips met flesh that the doors to the lift opened to three Corellians who had already started in on the whiskey.

Nice timing, Mara! In the presence of three Corellians too.
    It's official...I'm addicted to this story. Loved all the L/Mness! [face_love]

Each chapter is so much fun to read, RG. =D=

P.S.- Hope your hubby finds his wallet. Have had that happen to me too...never fun trying to hunt it down.

25. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Loved It!

At first I got the image that they had been locked in a small closet so they would get used to being that close... (hey a girl can hope [face_blush])

?It?s a girl thing,? Mara distracted herself, ?but I?ll probably have to spill when the first kiss was.?
    Oh yeah...us girls always want to know the juicy details!

Yes, she was going to marry the man but kissing was as far as they were going to go

If he kisses like that yeah right...

What was it about Luke Skywalker that could make a person believe in anything?

It's thoes gorgeous blue eyes!

Unable to come up with any words that would express her gratefulness she leaned up and pecked a kiss on the corner of his mouth that lingered perhaps a bit longer than needed.

Hehehe...;)[face_blush]

Can't wait for the next chapter!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.