main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

P.Rico Beat the Geeks: Puerto Rico Edition --Join the Game!

Discussion in 'Latin America General Discussion' started by Spike_Spiegel, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Valle

Darth_Valle Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    If Spike is ok with it, I would like to leave the Geek post vacant so another guest topic can be chosen. There are not many members that know about horror.
    So, who's up for the position?

2. Rao

Rao Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    I,m up for it

Harry Potter Geek

if the position is vacant that is

3. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    After you challenged me!?!?! HA!

This ok, I guess. Rao is now the Harry Potter Geek.

BTW, to answer your challenge.

What would a Vulcan be doing in NYC?

Could you be a bit more specific here? There are five ST series, each with Vulcans and each with visits to NYC. For example, in the classic episode "The City on the Edge of Forever," of the original series, an episode which won the Hugo Award for best dramatic presentation and has excellent performances by DeForest Kelley and guest star Joan Collins, Kirk and Spock visit what many fans consider to be New York city of the Depression era.

Of course, you might be making reference to the now famous (or infamous. . .or simply hillarious!) Triumph the Insult Dog sketch where a Vulcan came to NYC to give the finger to a group of Warsies!

What is the job of the boyfriend of the second Daughter of Dr. Huxtable and what is peculiar about her?

Aaaah, the Cosby Show! I truly wish you were more specific with your questions so I can understand what is the answer you expect, but I shall do my best.

The Huxtable kids were, in order: Sondra (married to Elvin, an on and off med student), Denise, Theo (who graduated from NYU to be a teacher), Vanessa and finally, Rudy.

Denise, the second daughter, first left the series to do the Cosby spinoff "A Different World," where her adventures at her father's Alma Mater Hillman where chronicled, but quickly left that show as well. The show ran without her ending when the two main characters, Dwayne Wayne and Whitley married.

Denise then left for Africa and came back to the Huxtable household with two surprises, she was married to a Navy commander (which Cliff liked, being a former Navy man himself) and had a stepdaughter, Olivia. Olivia spent the last few seasons of the show as a "cute replacement" to the now over the hill Rudy and Denise left with her husband and later on had a baby with him.

what is the name of Pepper Ann best friend and whom did she use as reference the episode of the carrer orientation exam?
    (clue: a musician)

Humm, isn't this TWO questions instead of one, Mister? Once again, I wish you were a bit more specific but I believe you are talking about the Disney animated series "Pepper Ann," very similar to "Doug" btw, that I never did like. Pepper Ann usually hung around with Milo and Nicky, which I suppose where her best friends. The second question I will have to concede, because I've never actually sat down and watched such an obscure animated series.

4. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Ok, para mantener esto fresco y que no se convierta en una geektadura, hice un cambio de reglas, ahora lee asi:

-Si un Geek falla tres preguntas de un concursante (pueden ser challenges diferentes) se le destronara y el concursante tomara su lugar.

Esto hace que los cambios de geek sean mas faciles y le da la oportunidad a mas gente a ser geeks. Que piensan de esta regla, necesito sugerencias y/o criticas.

5. Skalderan

Skalderan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    Am I gonna have to call the 3 day Rule to the SW geek... come on you know you've been On-line..... Jejejejejej Devilish Thoughts

6. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    The answer to the Cosby show Q was simply amazing (and correct by the way)

The one of the Vulcan in NYC I,m going to admit was not specific I was referin to the Vulcan Lady in Undiscovered Country that happens to be Smantha in Sex and the City

The Q about pepper ann were two Q's so i,m willing to acept your answer
    the reference was to Yo-Yo Ma giving the fact that Nicky is a violinist and has a taste for classical music.

Thant you for the position of Harry Potter geek.

Wating for a challenge since the thread was opened.

7. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    Apoyo las reglas nuevas

pero tambien voto por un codigo de honor para que los geeks no pudan buscar las respuestas en la red

que creen?

again Spiegel your A' to the Cosby's Q's war uncanny you truly are a TV Geek my hat goes off to you

8. Xanatos_nwo

Xanatos_nwo Jedi Master star 3

Jun 5, 2002
    Bueno no se si estare un poco tarde pero me tiro con 'COCOLE GAMING GEEK'.\

Rep[ito, si ya es tarde para a~adir una categoria pues ignore this :d

9. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Bueno, el codigo de honor de no buscar en el 'net solo funcionaria si los concursantes no hacen preguntas muy exageradamente obscuras.

Skal, la regla no es retroactiva, a menos que Manlio diga que si.

10. Darth_Valle

Oct 29, 2002
    Ok, since I am not an active geek anymore, I would like to challenge the Star Wars geek!

1- What's the name and designation (number) of the Stormtrooper that says "Look sir, Droids!" in "A New Hope"?

2- How many IG series Assassin Droids were created originally?

3- What is the name of the wookie that defeated Bossk?

I hope I am not being too harsh with the questions! ;)

11. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    I believe Ktulu has resigned to the position of SW Geek so the Geek position is now available!

BTW, Geeks can challenge other geeks!

12. Skalderan

May 10, 2002
    I'm Calling the SW Geek Position

please use "K-Y" and be gentle :D

13. Darth_Valle

Oct 29, 2002
    Skalderan, if you take the SW geek position could you take my challenge?
    It's posted already but since the position is vacant now, there's no one to answer it!

14. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Coolness.

Skalderan es el nuevo Star Wars Geek y su primer challenger es Darth_Valle.

Gracias a Ktulu que aguanto un onslaught increible!

15. Lucidus

Lucidus Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2002
    Pregunta: cuantos Wild Card Geeks pueden existir? Si se puede más de uno, entonces estoy willing a tirarme para Video Game Geek, o challenge a Xanatos, quien se quiso tirar para "Console Gaming Geek" (aunque no se si alguien más pudo entender su typo). Well? How about it?

16. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Las reglas especifican que solo es 1 Wild Card Geek. Tendrias que sacar a el Harry Potter Geek para tomar su lugar. . .

Suerte con eso!

17. Skalderan

May 10, 2002
    Oks... here it goes....

1- What's the name and designation (number) of the Stormtrooper that says "Look sir, Droids!" in "A New Hope"?

-i'll have to get back to you on that one... it seems easy but it somehow got lost in my databank heheheh

2- How many IG series Assassin Droids were created originally?

There were 5 (i'll name them all for a bonus jejje)

3- What is the name of the wookie that defeated Bossk?

Chenlambec

... and the survey says...

18. MegaJediRafa

MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 1, 2002
    I'm also resigning to the Movie Geekness for now so that somebody else might have the opportunity.

19. Skalderan

May 10, 2002
    ... and since no one dared challenge me in the music category i have decided to resign that position...

20. Jedi_Boricua

Jedi_Boricua Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2002
    I'll challenge the MOVIE GEEK!

1)In the TV series That's 70's show, a character is called by the name FES. What does FES stand for?

2)In Friends, Chandler has some issues with his parents. Why?

3)What is the name of Ned Flander's store?

21. MegaJediRafa

MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 1, 2002
    Emmm I think you meant the TV geek.

22. Jedi_Boricua

Jedi_Boricua Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2002
    Doh!

That was stupid.

Yes, I CHALLENGE THE TV GEEK!

23. Darth_Valle

Oct 29, 2002
    Skalderan, questions 2 and 3 are correct, just waiting for the first one, but doing very well so far!

24. Khal_DRhonn

Khal_DRhonn Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2002
    I hereby challenge (oh, boy) the Geek of all things Potter!

1. Name all the Weasly children, in order starting with the oldest.

2. Why was Hagrid expelled from Hogwarts?

3. Who is Nicholas Flamel?

No fair checking the books!! [face_mischief]

25. Khal_DRhonn

Khal_DRhonn Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2002
    I also issue a slap in the face with a white glove to the TV Geek!

1. What was the genie's name from Peewee's playhouse?

2. What does the acronym KITT stand for?

3. Boss Hogg is a character from what series?

Think carefully!! [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.