main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

P.Rico Beat the Geeks: Puerto Rico Edition --Join the Game!

Discussion in 'Latin America General Discussion' started by Spike_Spiegel, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MegaJediRafa

MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 1, 2002
    Ohh I wanna answer the Potter questions sooo badly :(. I am currently starting Goblet of Fire. Let me say this here: I am an official Potter Freak.

So let me start by challenging the Potter Geek: (easy challenge)

1) Name the flavor of the jelly bean that Dumbledore ate at the end of Sorcerer's Stone.

2) In the beginning of Sorcerer's Stone, Harry set loose a serpent in the zoo. Where was she headed to?

3) Name the 4 animagi students to pass through Hogwarts many years before Harry(Name AND Nickname).

2. Rao

Rao Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    *The Weasley children

Bill: head boy, Curse Breaker for Gringotts bank in Egypt after Hogwarts

Charlie: Griffindor seeker, works with dragons in Romania

Percy: Prefect, head boy, assistant to Barty Crouch in the Ministry of Magic after Hogwarts

Fred & George: (twins) Griffindor beaters and official mischief makers

Ronald (Ron): Harry Potter,s best Friend

Ginny: has a crush on Harry that will hopefully develop into something more

*Hagrid was framed by non other than Tom Marvolo Riddle aka Lord Voldemort of opening the Chamber of Secrets when actually all that he was doing was taking care of Aragog a gigant spyder

*Nicholas Flamel is the wizard responsable for creating the only known sorcerer stone that was in existance when Harry was a first year Hogwarts student close friend of Dumbledore, Headmaster of the same school at the time of the destruction of the sorcerer stone had 665 years

3. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    *mistaken for toffe; alas earwax

*Brazil

*Actually there were only 3 Animagus

the other one was a werewolf,
    Remus Lupin/Moony

James Potter/Prongs/a stag

Sirius Black/Padfoot/a dire dog

Peter Pettigrew/Wormtail/a rat aka Scabbers

(sorry for the editing pero aprete la tecla de "enter" sin querer y se posteo incompleta la respuesta)

4. Ktulu_Terumo

Ktulu_Terumo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Skal, yo trabajo en un Hospital, te puedo conseguir K-Y por cajas

JeJeJeJe

5. MegaJediRafa

MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 1, 2002
    Congratulations!

You got all the answers right AND didn't fall for the trick question (the one about tne 3 animagis) :D

6. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    I challenge the TV geek

Who is Sophia Petrillo?

Name the cast in Growing Pains? (only the family and you don't have to give me the actors if you don't want to because I don't know them all)

Name the relation between Karate Kid's Pat Morita and Hamburgers

7. Darth_Valle

Darth_Valle Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    Skalderan, you are running out of time for the answer you are missing!

8. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Mano, tres de cantazo. . .jeez!

Ok, Luis:

1. Foreign Exchange Student.
    2. His parents divorced when he was a kid (they announced it in Thanksgiving, hence his issues with that holiday.) His dad was always flamboyiantly gay. . .and a transvestite or a transexual, I can't remember which. He's actually played by actress Kathleen Turner(who recently starred as Mrs Robinson in "The Graduate Revival") and his mother is a nympho who writes books about sex.
    3.Leftorium. He sells stuff for left handed people.

Gerry,

1.Jambie (sp?) the Genie
    2.Knight Industries Two Thousand
    3.The fat man who owned half of Hazzard county in the Dukes of Hazzards. He also appeared in the horrible animated series "The Dukes" that featured a race around the world.

(Come on, Gerry. . .you ain't even trying!)

Ricardo,

1. Sophia, played by Estelle Getty was the adorable mother to Dorothy (Bea Arthur) in the Golden Girls. "Picture this. . .Sicily, 1925. . .!"
    2.Lets see if I remember this. . .
    The family is called the Seavers.
    I don't remember the dad's name. . .he was played by Alan Thicke (sp?). . .ok, Jason. . .Jason Seaver and he was a psycologist. The mom was Maggie Seaver, played by Joanna Kerns (sp?), who worked as a newswoman with her maiden name Maggie Malone (same last name as Cheers' Sam Malone which always struck me as odd and I wondered as a kid if they were related. . .)
    Now the kids. First, the most memorable Mike Seaver, the troublemaker and the oldest one, played by teen hearthrob Kirk Cameron, brother to Full House's D.J. (Candace Cameron, I think is her name.) Next we have middle sister and genius Carol Seaver played by now Lifetime Movie Channel star Tracey Gold (who had a bought with bullimia I believe.) Then we have Ben Seaver, played by Jeremy Miller, who was the last of the "original" kids. Maggie became pregnant late in the series and gave birth to Chrissy Seaver who was magically aged in a summer. The latter Chrissy (I don't remember the name of the twins who played the baby Chrissy) was played by Ashley Johnson (who I remember 'cause now she's hot.) I remember that Leonardo DiCaprio spent a time with the Seavers, but I don't remember the name of his character.
    The only reason I remember all this Growing Pains crap is that I saw the reunion special not too long ago. . .
    3.I love this question because it is extremely obscure and cool. Pat Morita was, of course, Arnold, the owner of Al's Diner in Happy Days, the favorite hangout of Richie Cunningham, Ralph Malph, Pat, Joannie, Chachi and of course, the man himself, the Fonz! "Heeeeeeeeyyyyyyy!"

Now all of you go and do me the favor of sitting on it!

Specially you, Ger!

Now, what happened to all the geeks? Who is geek of what?

9. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    Very good Spike I'm glad you liked the question about Arnold's

10. Jedi_Boricua

Jedi_Boricua Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2002
    DAMN PETE!!!

Cuando yo sea grande yo quiero ser como Pedro!

11. Skalderan

Skalderan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    Darth_Valle:

"It was a time of civil war, when some rebbel spies broke into Skalderan's Headquarters and stole valuable information on some stormtrooper members. This act of terrorisim has brought chaos to the ranks of troopers causing some of them to be wrongfully acused of crimes, released early of duttie and in some cases were given wrong medical treatment. Skalderan's forces are on the lookout for the spies in order to retreive this valuable information...there will be no one to stop us this time.."

jejejej in other words ... no recuerdo la contestacion a la pregunta #1

12. Skalderan

May 10, 2002
    Gone Fishing for a few days !
    have a nice weekend

13. Khal_DRhonn

Khal_DRhonn Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2002
    I guess the TV Geek wants me to take out the big guns!

1. Name the different actors who portrayed Darrin (sp?) on Bewitched.

2. What do the characters Laura Winslow and Punky Brewster have in common?

3. What TV show guest starred Michael Douglas as a gay cop?

Try those on for size!

14. Darth_Valle

Oct 29, 2002
    Skalderan, the correct answer is:

-Davin Felth, 1023.

I guess you lose this time. I'll try to be less obscure next one.

1) Tell me the correct model number of the X-Wing series star-fighters.

2) What species are Bossk and Zuckuss?

3) There were 4 IG-88 assassin droids, the fifth IG series droid had a different nomination. What was it?

15. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Name the different actors who portrayed Darrin (sp?) on Bewitched.
    Dick York, who died in the early 90's and Dick Sargeant. Who says that E! True Hollywood Story doesn't teach you anything.

What do the characters Laura Winslow and Punky Brewster have in common?
    Could it be they had the same black best friend, hum?

What TV show guest starred Michael Douglas as a gay cop?
    I was about to start guessing that it was Streets of San Francisco, both because it is the only show I remember him as a cop and because of the obvious SF reference.
    (Did you know that young Mark Hamill guest starred as his son?) But Keller was clearly not gay in SoSF so I got left it there.
    Then I remembered the gayest show on TV is Will & Grace and I remembered his spot as a gay detective. I guess I have my sister to thank for forcing me to watch that friggin' show!

I gotta say, you really made me squeeze my trivia filled brain!

**Edit: Swpellwing**

16. Skalderan

May 10, 2002
    1) Tell me the correct model number of the X-Wing series star-fighters.
    T-65

2) What species are Bossk and Zuckuss?
    Bossk- Trandoshan Zuckuss-Gand

3) There were 4 IG-88 assassin droids, the fifth IG series droid had a different nomination. What was it?
    IG-72

17. Darth_Valle

Oct 29, 2002
    Good answers!
    Next round will be a bit harder, but I don't want to make all the challenges, so if anybody else wants to challenge the Star Wars geek, go ahead. I will issue my next challenge on Saturday!

18. Ktulu_Terumo

Ktulu_Terumo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Skalderan, consider yourself challenged

1. Who was the first Jedi able to return in spirit form?

2. Who was the first Jedi that became a Sith and was saved from the clutches of the darkside?

3. Who was Salve I's first owner?

19. Skalderan

May 10, 2002
    Oks perdonen mi ausencia.. pero he estado super ocupado estos dias...

Ktulu: thanx for the challenge.. i guess it's payback time eh jejejej
    las preguntas estan algo dificiles asi que vere que puedo hacer en los proximos dias

20. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Geeks getting bored! Geeks need more trivia!

Ok then, I challenge thee, Harry Potter Geek!

These are going to be as painful as I possibly can.

1.When was dragon breeding outlawed?

2.How many sickles in a galleon?

and an easy one:

3.Who is the only dead professor still in faculty at Hogwarts and where did he leave his body.

21. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    the same goes here

22. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Did you see the challenge, Rao?

Ok, people listen up. In other from keep this fresh (and since two geek positions appear to be open) I'm going to implement a new rule as follows:

When a new Geek steps into his/her Geekdom position he/she gets to choose his/her area of expertice. In other words, ALL GEEK POSITIONS ARE NOW WILDCARDS.

A of right now we have:

Star Wars Geek: Skalderan

T.V. Geek Spike_Spiegel

Harry Potter Rao

Geek Position Open:

Geek Position Open

Note that the each Geek position has its own color of Geekdom authority which will remain.

Any new Geeks out there?

23. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    In the series Bewitched: What off camera misunderstanding happened between Samantha, her devilish brunette cousin, and a fellow show member (not cast)?

What is the name of that cousin?

what does Tabatha and Seamus Finnigan have in common?

(one toughie two easy ones) I hope that the first Q is understadable I tried to write it as clear as possible.

Pete, would you dare challenge the Harry Potter Geek? (I mean this as friendly request not a boastful remark)

24. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    You got me there you bastard. :D

In the series Bewitched: What off camera misunderstanding happened between Samantha, her devilish brunette cousin, and a fellow show member (not cast)?

I have to admit, I have no friggin' clue. I concede here.

What is the name of that cousin?

I think that she had a cousin named Serena. Not being a big fan of Bewitched, this is all I can do.

what does Tabatha and Seamus Finnigan have in common?

This is such a great question, tricky and underhanded. I gotta admit, you got me stumped there for a while staring at the cursor. I didn't remember who Seamus was until I realized that it sounded really, really familiar until it hit me. HARRY POTTER!{/i]

I was going to answer simply, "they are both witches" but that is not enough, now is it Mr Sadist? It dawned on me the link between the two. Like Seamus says in CoS, "I'm half and half, my dad is a Muggle my mum us a witch." Just like Tabatha. ;)

25. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    Sorry Pete but your challenge did not appear in my comp but now I see it so ignore my request on the previous post but answer the Q's nonetheles

Ok you've hit me where it hurts numbers and dates especially dates

But here goes

17 silver sickles to a gold galleon

the teacher is none other than proffesor Binns the drowsy History of Magic teacher that died one day but this did not stoped him from teaching he just left his body on the teachers lounge and his routine hasn't change a bit he did not stop his classes in the bustle of christmas of the 4th year when the hustle of the Yule Ball was on every students mind Flitwik did but then this guy death did not distracted him from his duties as a teacher why should a Ball

Dragon breeding was outlawed in 1635
    I don't know I whipped that date out of my sleeve dates are not my forte

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.