main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Beauty Killed the Beast L/M H/L, other characters

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Skywalker277, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalker277

Skywalker277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2007
    Beauty Killed the Beast
    Skywalker277
    King Kong crossover
    Notes: I know I'm not known to finish most of my stories but this is something I've been thinking about, and I'll try as hard as I can to finish.

DON'T OWN ANYTHING!

She walked down the hall, hurrying actually as Leia's urgent comm came back to her mind.
    There's something wrong, hurry!"

As Mara Jade reached Leia's room on the jungle planet of Yavin Four, the door swung open, only to have Han throw her onto the couch.

"You better have good reason for that, Solo!" Mara snared. "Or do you want to end up a dark spot on the side of the academy!" Han put his hands up in hands up in defense and sat across from her, just as Leia came in and did the same.

"Mara, I've asked you here on Luke's behalf." Leia said.

"What, is he trying to get you to make me start my Jedi training?" Mara said. "By the way, where is Skywalker anyway, he didn't meet me when I landed."

"That's what we want to talk to you about." Han said. "No one knows where he is."

"What do you mean?" Mara asked. "Did he get himself into trouble, again?"

"We're not sure but we do know is that he left two days ago on a mission with one of the newly appointed Jedi, Sun Quid. Luke didn't say where he was going, only that it was important. Before I commed you we got a message from Sun Quid. Listen to this." Leia said.

The comm started,

"Senator Organa Solo, this is Jedi Knight Sun Quid. Please help me! I don't know...." As the speaking stopped all you could here was a scream and the terrible roaring of a huge creature. Then the message continued with static in between.
    "I....Skull Planet....help....Master Skywalker.....monster!" The ,message ended all together.

"Why would you call me, I would have expected the both of you to fly off to the rescue." Mara said.

"We would, it's just that we don't know where Skull Planet is, and since you and Luke have that force bond, it would help us find him." Han said.

"What will I get out of this, a chance to die? I don't know if you know this, but Skull Planet is a horrible place." Mara said.

We do know, but please we need your help." Leia said.

"Fine but we're taking your ship, I don't want mine to get damaged, also you pay for the crew and supplies." Mara replied.

"Deal." Han and Leia said together.

2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Great start, 277!

I....Skull Planet....help....Master Skywalker.....monster!" The ,message ended all together.
    Uh oh! [face_worried]

I look forward to seeing where this is going!

3. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    [face_worried] I agree! I can't wait for more! :) :D
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

4. Skywalker277

Nov 12, 2007

The loading went well, but to Mara's dislike, Leia had picked the grungiest crew, and ship ever. The S.S Ventura. The odd thing was that everyone in the crew acted like they were on an ocean liner.

"Mara, I'd like you to meet Captain Longhorn and Mr. Garrets, his first mate." Leia said.

"It's a pleasure." Mara said half-heartedly while shaking their hands, as a man walked by with a camera.

"What the hell is going on here?" Mara asked.

"We already promised Mr. Dunham there that we'd take him with us." Mr. Garrets said.

"He's paying me well, even though he hasn't payed me at all, like Mr. Garrets said, we already had Mr. Dunham coming with us." Captain Longhorn said.

"And since you're all going to the same destination, Singaporia, it's easier for everyone." Mr. Garrets said.

"We're not going....." Before Mara could finish, Mr. Dunham came behind her and covered her mouth. Mara immediately ripped it away, as Mr. Dunham pulled her into a corner of the ship.

"Our wonderful crew here, has no idea that we're going to Skull Planet, so let's just keep things on the hush, hush. He said.

"And why should I keep a secret for you?" Mara asked.

"Well, I can make it worth your while, and you can be in my movie with that pretty face of yours."

"As much as I want to, scratch that, I would never want to. So, no thanks." And with that Mara walked away.

Two hours later

Mara sat reading, Isolation by Jack Driscalle (used an E there, lol.)

"Hey your reading one of Jack's holoplays." Mr. Dunham said as he walked in.

"Why would you care?" Mara asked.

"Because he's right in the other room, writing my script."

By her eyes Mr. Dunham saw that she didn't believe him.

"Jack, come here!" Mr. Dunham called.

A man walked in, and as he saw Mara he said, "Hello, I'm Jack Driscalle.

5. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Nice parallels to the movie.

Interesting Star Wars take on another movie classic.

Hark? Do I forsee Mara in a skimpy outfit tied to a post for a Kong sacrifice? Hey, I can dream. =P~

6. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Very interesting. Never thought of these two movies being crossed over. Please put me on your PM list. This sounds like alot of fun reading. Thanks.@};-

7. Skywalker277

Nov 12, 2007
    Jack Driscalle wasn't what you would call good-looking. He had the most beautiful shade of blue eyes though, that reminded Mara of someone, but she expelled the thought from her mind. As much as she thought she would be kind of excited to meet her all time favorite holoplay writer, Mara Jade wasn't all that impressed.

"Yeah, uh Jack this is Mara Jade. Herself and her friends are traveling to Singaporia with us to find a friend of theirs, what's his name?" Mr. Dunham asked.

"Luke Skywalker." Mara replied.

"You mean that Jedi Master?" Jack asked.

"The very same." Mara said. "Doesn't Jack know we're going to Skull Planet?"

"No, I was just going to tell him later." Mr. Dunham said.

"Wait, you mean we're changing course too?" Jack asked. What is this Skull Island anyway? What's wrong with it?"

Without anyone knowing a boy by the name of Jimmy walked over to where Mr. Dunham, Mara, and Jack was, hiding himself to eavesdrop.

"There's nothing officially wrong with it, because technically it hasn't been discovered yet." Mr. Dunham said.

Jack turned back to his typewriter and typed as he said, "So we arrive at this place. S.K.U.L.L Planet."

As Jack spoke, Mr. Dunham saw the boy, and the boy looked back, and Mr. Dunham knew that all hell was about to break loose.

I know this is short but it seemed longer on paper, lol. Also I've caught a stomach flu and for now I just want to rest. Once I get better I'll update. See ya!

Skywalker277

8. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Really great updates!! Thanks for that pm! :) I sure hope and pray you feel better!![:D] The stomach flu is just TERRIBLE and I can totally sympathize. Get feeling well!!@};-
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

9. madman007

Aug 22, 2007
    Jack Driscalle wasn't what you would call good-looking. He had the most beautiful shade of blue eyes though, that reminded Mara of someone, but she expelled the thought from her mind.

Very tongue in cheek! And this teeters on the edge of satire as well. I love it.

First, get well. I know from experience that writing and sickness don't work together well. Then when you get better you can write more. [face_sick] Dr. Mad's orders. (so what if my doctorate is in Insanity! 8-})

10. JEDIFLYSWATTER

Dec 10, 2004
    Do hope you feel better real soon. Figure that Jack will be doing alot of writing on this trip. Great job and thanks.@};-

11. Skywalker277

Nov 12, 2007
    Han and Leia sat in the dining area discussing the situation at hand.

"Han, what if Luke is, ya know." Leia said.

"Leia, you know he's alive. With that twin telepathy thing going on, I think you would know if he was dead or not." Han said.

"I can sense he's okay but something is wrong. He doesn't feel, right." Leia said.

"Yeah, well I'd feel a little weird too if I was stuck on a planet with the first name Skull." Han said.

Leia then gave him the look, which meant to Han that he should shut up.

"You know what I mean sweetheart." Han said.

"I do, it's just he's my brother, I love him. If something bad happens to him, I'll never forgive myself." Leia said sadly.

"It's not like it's your fault." Han said.

"Yes, but it would be my fault if we didn't get there in time." Leia replied.

"No, sweetheart, don't talk like that." Han said.

"Han, I should have sensed it sooner."

Mr. Garret soon came in, as the cook, Cookie (I just had to. lol.), came from the kitchen.

"So we're going to Singaporia to find your brother aye?" Mr. Garret asked.

"Um, yes." Leia replied.

"People who lie and are untrustworthy shouldn't be taken likely, don't you agree?" Cookie asked. "You wouldn't lie to us, would you?"

"No, of course we wouldn't" Han said.

Good, then we'll keep you to your word." Mr. Garret said.

And with that, they left.

Mara was sitting in the lounging room with Mr. Dunham, as she was formerly allowed to call him Carl now. She glanced at he papers he was working on and saw completely how many credits the woman who played in the movie would get.

"Take back what I said before, those credits could really help with my finances, also help pay off some unlikely friends. Mara thought.

"Carl, where is your movie going to show at when it's finished?" Mara asked.

"Why do you ask Miss. Jade?" Carl counter-asked.

"Just wondering, it never hurt to be curious. Mara said.

"Well, I'm just planning for it to show all over the system of N.Y." Carl said.

"I can't believe I'm asking this but is that spot still open in your movie.?" She asked.

Carl gave her a sly smile and said, "Of course it is Miss. Jade."

Carl then got up and headed toward the door only to turn back and say,"Filming starts tomorrow, so you better work on those lines."

He left, leaving Mara to wonder what in nine Corellian hells did she just get into.

12. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    "Carl, where is your movie going to show at when it's finished?" Mara asked.

"Why do you ask Miss. Jade?" Carl counter-asked.

"Just wondering, it never hurt to be curious. Mara said.

"Well, I'm just planning for it to show all over the system of N.Y." Carl said.

"I can't believe I'm asking this but is that spot still open in your movie.?" She asked.

Carl gave her a sly smile and said, "Of course it is Miss. Jade."

Carl then got up and headed toward the door only to turn back and say,"Filming starts tomorrow, so you better work on those lines."

He left, leaving Mara to wonder what in nine Corellian hells did she just get into.

Hee! :D Great update! Sure hope you're feeling all the way better now! :) [:D]

13. madman007

Aug 22, 2007
    Ohhh kaaaay.

Mara Jade - Emperor's Hand - Smuggler - Jedi - Mother - Movie Star?

Who knew?

Apparently you did.

Love to see where this goes.

14. JEDIFLYSWATTER

Dec 10, 2004
    For someone who has always liked to remain in the shadows, that is so out of her character. I bet Mara is wondering if she has suddenly gone completely mental. Can not wait to see if she ends up in a little skimpy outfit. If she does maybe it will be Luke who carries her off as a plaything. Super job and thanks.@};-

15. Skywalker277

Nov 12, 2007

Author Replies 6/21/08

dancing_star- thanks, I'll try and update soon, and yes I feel great again!!![face_dancing]

madman007-I know it's really weird that Mara is going to be in a movie, but I need some crucial things to tie into King Kong. Thanks by the way!! ;)

JEDIFLYSWATTER- Yeah, I'm never really sure how to portray Mara since I have only ever read 2 books with her in it, and they didn't really show her whole personality. Thanks, though, and you might get your wish for that skimpy dress....[face_shhh]

Okay everybody, I'm going to try and post soon, writing is a complicated thing ya know! lol. Thanks for all the great comments!! And for all my good readers, you'll get beta Reeses cups, YAY!!!

16. Skywalker277

Nov 12, 2007
    I'm sorry to all my readers and i know that i said that i would finish this but i realized that this is not the kind of story i would be able to finish. I'm practically only a kid, and my burst of imagination is hard to put into words, if you know what i mean. I apologize again and I'm now going to write stories that are SHORT. Again sorry, I'm a horrible story writer.....sorry again. Well next time I write a story, if I do, it'll be easier for me yet hopefully enjoyable. Again sorry and sorry again.

Skywalker277

17. madman007

Aug 22, 2007
    It's okay, Skywalker277. I'm sure I speak for the fellow fan fic writers in here when I say, we understand. Tackling an epic story like this one is a huge task. I'm grown and way past college and even my epic is hard to keep up with.

My advice is if you're writing for the first time, fan fic or not, start small first. Then work your way to expansive stories. Try a vignette or short story with a simple plot and few characters. To try and balance all the characters you have in this one is a tall order for a beginner.

Another thing I can suggest is for you to try and find yourself a Beta to go through your work and get advice from. I don't have the link with me now but there is a thread of potential Betas you can choose.

I will say that by reading this story you have so far, you have the makings of a good writer. Just don't start biting more than you can chew for now.

And as I always tell beginning writers, based on the advice of one Stephen King, the best way for you to write better, is to read.

Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.