main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Because I couldn't attend the meeting, I will post my thoughts here.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by xie, Oct 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    From the Agenda.

V Website
    - Do we want a website?

I do.

- Do we want a domain name? Who will pay for the domain name?

I could go either way on this one, I can host the site for now on my own domain (xieish.com) but that won't last forever.

- If so who will run the website?

I have webmastered many sites (as well as authored), and will gladly donate my time.

About city reps.

These are the people you will be dealing with the most. They take care of the every day running of the chapter they were elected to represent. They are the organisers of your area, organising everything from meets and board graphics to titles, colour schemes, and even in the case of some, the chapter's website.

They report and problems they can't handle to the Regional Support Administrator's as well as mentioning anything that needs to be moderated. They liase with their local Regional Support Administrator to get the chapter's news posted on the Fanforce main page.

I can make graphics pretty well (when I'm not being lazy) for the forum, and I can also design the FF: LI website, if need be. You can check out some of my past work at www.xieish.com and of you go to http://web.archive.org and search xie3k.net, and you look at some of the older ones (when the site was active), you can get a better idea.

But I'm not asking to be city rep.

2. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    Xie,

I couldn't make it to the meeting either (not feeling well). I like your ideas, I think this is something we should all discuss. I too do graphics. I have/use Photoshop, 3d Studio Max, etc. I'll post a link to some stuff I've done soon.

As for CR, I'd be interested in doing that. I can monitor the net from work as well as from home.

Now, if only I had a campaign slogan..... :)

3. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    "Everyone's favorite scoundrel returns"? lol

4. Cailinn-Sarr

Cailinn-Sarr Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    I second that one(DV for CR)I would but there's somethings that would disqualify me
    1.I don't have a P.C. yet.
    2.I'm prob black listed at TF.N for any position. :D
    So I nominate Darth Venom!

5. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    I would LOVEVEVLEOVLEOVLEVEOLVEVOLE to be CR.

But I'm not 18.

Any way around this?

6. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    Unfortunatly Xie, the age thing is a TF.N rule not ours...sorry :(

7. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    I know. :(

It's probably for the best, since I won't be able to make a lot of the meetings [Work, Travel Time, etc].

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.