main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Because I Say So (L/M June/July Challenge, AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Revanfan1, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    So, this story must include:

1) A child (any age)
    2) The quote "No, I am your father"
    3) Sand

It was a beautiful day on Spira. For the Annual Celebration of Father's Day, Luke and Mara had decided to bring Ben to the planet on a little vacation. Twelve-year-old Ben had been getting restless on Yavin IV, and Luke felt he hadn't been spending nearly enough time with his son. He worried sometimes that Ben felt Kam Solusar was more of a father figure to him than Luke was.

And Owen...well, seven-year-old Owen clung to his mother like a magnet, and barely gave Luke a second glance. Luke knew Owen had always identified more with his mother, and probably always would. He just didn't enjoy the path of the Jedi like Ben did. Luke tried to be okay with that; Owen had to make his own choices in life.

Luke wiggled his toes a little bit, letting the sand sink between them. Beach sand was so much different than Tatooine's gritty sand. It was almost relaxing, feeling it against his feet.

He glanced over at Mara, who was wearing a teal swimsuit that played over the curves of her body very nicely.

"Owen," Luke said, "why don't you go play with Ben? Give Mommy and Daddy a little time together?"

Owen looked at Mara as if requesting confirmation of the command. Mara gave him a nod, and blond-haired Owen jumped up and ran to join his brother. Luke rolled over onto his side so he was pressed against Mara.

"We don't catch these moments nearly enough," he noted.

"I know," Mara replied.

Luke kissed her nose and smiled. Mara leaned in to give him a full kiss on the lips, but they were interrupted by a light shriek. Rolling his eyes, Luke stood and walked over to where his kids were playing. Owen had jumped on Ben's back, attempting to ride around on his brother like he was a bantha. Ben was protesting. Loudly.

"Owen, play nicely," Luke said.

"No!" Owen replied. "I want to play banthas-and-tuskens!"

"I don't!" Ben exclaimed.

"Owen," Luke insisted calmly. "Please?"

"You're not the boss of me," Owen pouted.

"No," Luke agreed. "I am your father. Now get off your brother's back."

Reluctantly, Owen released Ben and dropped to the ground. Relieved, Luke walked back over to Mara and sat down beside her.

"Those boys," she said with a chuckle. "You know...we could play banthas-and-tuskens sometime."

Luke gave her his best Grand-Master-Thinks-You're-An-Idiot Look. "Shut up."

They kissed.

Gemma likes this.
  2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Aww! That was adorable.

Nyota's Heart, Gemma and Revanfan1 like this.
  3. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    That's a cute scene, Revanfan. :)

4. Ewok_Slayer

Ewok_Slayer Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Ha! They are going to end up with a third child if they keep up that friskiness.

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    That was good. Nice description of the sand compared to Tatooine, and Mara's swimsuit.

Also, textbook definition of having a chip on one's shoulder. Soooo long after Tatooine, and the feel of the sand there still bothers him.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. Annia Piet

Annia Piet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    Very cute! I liked the detail of the difference in texture between Tatooine and here :)

Gemma and Revanfan1 like this.
  7. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Very cute! Great use of the "No, I am your father," line!

8. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Loved it all - very sweet and romantic.:)@};-

Revanfan1 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful family and couple moments! A chuckle and an aww rolled into one!

Revanfan1 likes this.
  10. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    BWAHAHAHAHAH--Tuskens and Raiders [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] That made my night. Well done!

Super cute moment there. I like the idea of them having two boys. So many times we write them with girls, and...I can see Mara just being the coolest mom to some crazy little men!

Nyota's Heart and Revanfan1 like this.