MOD Because One Good Move Deserves Another . . .

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Mira_Jade, Oct 10, 2012.

Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
  1. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Hello everyone!

We are so glad to see that everyone is adjusting to the move so well. It is great to see so many old faces - and new ones, as that - dropping in. We are thrilled to see all of the new stories that we already have popping up.

That said, this thread is here to announce, that after some discussion with Nat, we have decided to merge the Non Star Wars Fan-Fiction Resource thread, and the Non Star Wars Fan-Fiction forum into one board. We thought that this would be a good way to make it easier to keep up on everything going on, by having the discussions and challenges and stories all in one place. The threads will be kept straight by adding on Story/Discussion/Index/Challenge/etc. tags to the beginning of each thread. If, in the future, this grows to be too much of a congestion, the boards may be split again, but for now, we think it would be a great way to encourage fan interaction in our little corner of the boards.

If anyone has any questions, comments, or opinions on the idea. we'd love to hear from you. :D
  2. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Time to rent a U-Haul again!
  3. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    The Well has been tagged, so you guys can see what it looks like. When you post a thread, you will also have prefix options (Discussion, Index, Story, Challenge, and Awards).
  4. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Since no one seems to have an objection, we're going to start moving the threads over!
  5. lazykbys_left Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, so that's why NSWFF Resource looked so . . . vacant.
  6. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Haha yeah, it's being closed, and all the threads are going to be in one forum.
  7. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Sorry, but I don't like it. All the resource threads are drowned out by story threads and I don't know how to make it show everything but story threads. Can you change it back? :(
  8. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Will Disney's purchase of LucasFilm IND affect this site any? I heard rumors that Disney is not a big fan of Fan Fiction, and if they now own Star Wars... That could be trouble.
  9. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    For now, this is just an experiment. We are going to keep it up for a time to see how it works, and then if the general consensus is for the better or for the worse we will act accordingly.

In the meantime, try clicking on the 'story' tag, for example, and that will give you just those threads tagged 'story' – and then so on and so forth with the other markers. It may make sorting through the forum more easier. :)
  10. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Not as far as we know.
  11. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I do know about tags, but there's no way to have everything but the 'story' tag, I can only look at one tag at a time and it won't show untagged threads if I use them. :(
  12. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    I know that there aren't any untagged threads, so that at least you don't have to worry about. Nothing will get lost that way. :) For the rest of it, this is something we are going to leave up for a few months just to give it a fair try. If at the end of that time we have more complaints, we will switch it back. :)
  13. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    It is very easy to switch back and forth ... made even easier by our new forum tags at the op, courtesy of @JoinTheSchwarz :)
    JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  14. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    I do agree that it looks a bit cluttered. The way the regular fanfic boards are laid out I think might have been a bit neater.
  15. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    While I agree that it looks a bit cluttered, I don't know that the resource forum here gets the same kind of traffic and volume to warrant a separate area.

If it were traffics as heavily as the SW boards, maybe, but this allows those resources to be integrated into the rest of the boards so they don't get missed.

I, for one, despite the clutter, think it will allow the resources to be used a little more.
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl