main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Because You Loved Me (Qui/Obi) JA (Angst/Mush) *Complete*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Glenstorm, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngryWarrior

AngryWarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2005
    Looking forward to the end. I use to write, under another name Arctic_Wolf, but the bug hasn't bitten me in a while.

2. AngryWarrior

Mar 15, 2005
  3. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    I love it! Keep going! [face_love] =D= :D

4. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    Will you finish this?
    Please!!! [face_praying]

5. Glenstorm

Glenstorm Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 27, 2006
    Hi everyone. First of all, (gets on hands and knees to grovel for forgiveness),I apologise for how long it has taken to get this post out. Though I'm sure you can all understand how reality gets in the way sometimes and leaves you with little time for imagination. New full-time jobs can do that.:rolleyes:

But I have done my best and here it is. I apologise again for the fact that this next installment comes in two parts, but as I was writing the plot ran away with me and it just kept getting longer. Another reason for it being so late.

P.S. You might like to know that some changes have been made to parts one and two so that they tie in better with part three. But if you don't feel like going over them again it doesn't really matter that much. No drastic changes have been made, just a few hopeful improvements.

Now I'm going to shut up and let you go on your way. I hope it was worth the wait.:D

Part 3

It was the dead of night before Qui-Gon briefly stirred awake. His head swam treacherously and he found it hard to focus on where he was, but through it all he knew his Padawan was close.

Sensing his Master waken, Obi-Wan immediately shook himself from the light doze he had been battling and took Qui-Gon's hands in his own.

Grounded slightly by the contact, Qui-Gon tried to get a sense on where they were ? if they were still in danger.

?It's alright, Master,? Obi-Wan halted his effort. ?We're safe for now.?

So Obi-Wan had gotten them out. Qui-Gon struggled to remember the past hours but found himself blocked. He couldn't recall the escape.

He must have lost consciousness.

Shame broiled through his swirling mind and he was too drained and sick to give it any reasonable thought. He had left his apprentice alone to escape from a dangerous enemy stronghold. Alone and burdened.

?Oh, no you don't,? The grip on his hands tightened as Obi-Wan sensed his thoughts. ?It wasn't your fault, Master. You survived. You couldn't have done any more for me.?

Qui-Gon smiled slightly, not even having the energy to argue the point. Sleep was beckoning to him once more and he found just enough strength in him to squeeze his Padawan's hand in return before his exhaustion pulled him back into the realms of unconsciousness beneath Obi-Wan's watchful gaze.

The night passed long and dark but at last the light of dawn came, snaking through the city to ferret out the dim shadows the night.

Within their hidden room Obi-Wan woke slowly to a steady beat against his ear and some distant noise that he couldn't yet focus on. Opening his eyes just a crack he found himself curled up next to his Master with his head pillowed upon Qui-Gon's chest.

For a moment he contemplated moving over slightly into his own space. But he was warm and comfortable and he worried that the movement might wake Qui-Gon. His Master needed as much rest as he could get. He also found the pulse of his Master's heart beneath his cheek strangely comforting, and so ? never an early riser unless he had to be ? Obi-Wan allowed himself to drowse where he was for a little while longer.

His need to snatch a few extra senseless minutes whenever he could had always been a source of both amusement and frustration to his Master, who seemed to enjoy rising at some un-Forcely hour and prodding a less-than-lucid Obi-Wan up with him.

Obi-Wan smiled. A love of the pre-dawn was one of the few things his Master had failed to inspire in him. Maybe one day it would rub off, but until then . . .

THUD

?Check around the back!? A harsh voice barked suddenly from outside. ?They've gotta be around here somewhere.?

Full awareness crashed down upon Obi-Wan like ice and he leapt to his feet away from a sleep he had not meant to take. That distant noise that he had heard in his sleep suddenly became clear. Footsteps.

Footsteps, what was more, around the front and rear of the building in which they lay hidden.

In sleep he had not kept up the shields that had protected them against unwanted attention. Now it

6. AngryWarrior

Mar 15, 2005
    Argh....so close to safety yet so far away. Love the talk between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan and their protectiveness over each other. Looking forward to part 2 even thought I think it will be more of a tear jearker than the story has been so far. :_|
    Thanks for the PM.

7. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    oh my..must you stop there?..post more I say- it's to good and suspenseful to make me wait...oh well...great job ... it was perfect!~

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Whoa! Love the role reversal - Obi being so protective and using Qui's own past actions and words against him!

Qui-Gon opened his mouth to protest but Obi-Wan cut him off by taking his hand and fixing his eyes on his Master's. ?Master, if our places were different, you wouldn't let me continue. Please, stop for me. I don't want to see you hurt.?

At that Qui-Gon softened and squeezed his hand, sending a wave of comfort through their bond. ?When did you get to be so wise, Padawan?? he asked.

?I've had a good teacher,? Obi-Wan smiled, then fixed his Master with a stare. ?But sometimes that same stubborn Master is the one who needs to be told when he has reached his limits.?

You tell him, Obi.

?No, Master,? he said. ?Don't even try. Never have you let me suffer on my own when I was in need.? Hands sought his in the dark and Obi-Wan twined their fingers together, bringing them palm to palm. ?Now,? his voice grew stronger, ?I'm returning the favour.?

Suddenly the pain began to recede and Qui-Gon realised that Obi-Wan had reached into his body, joining his strength to his own.

And this time he did not fight it.
    Just lovely.

Don't keep us in suspense - more, soon, please.

9. Fifilla

Mar 9, 2006
    What an evil cliffhanger!!! I hope Obi and Qui will be alright?! [face_worried]
    Very good chapter, please update soon!

Oh, and thanks for the PM! :)

10. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

You stopped there!!!:_|

Obi-Wan saw the shot coming but wasn't fast enough to stop it. More shots were ringing out behind him but he had no time to think. The fiery bolt burned into his chest and then he knew no more.
    My poor Obi-wan
    post very soon I cannot wait![face_praying]

Nice update=D=

11. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    NOOOOOOO!!! They were so close! :_| I loved how you made Qui & Obi so close. [face_love] Please update soon! [face_praying]

12. MASTER_KAYM

MASTER_KAYM Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    Wow that was a long chapter! And a beautiful one too :) I love when Obi and Qui are close like that [face_love] You write wonderful stories :) Can I have an autograph??

Please update soon![face_praying]

And thanks for the PM

13. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    I love this story!!! Please update soon and keep writing! The emotions/friendship between Qui and Obi is awesome!!!! Good job! :) *hugs*

14. Glenstorm

Mar 27, 2006
    Thank-you all for your responses. Every one of them is a wonderful encouagement. Please, please, please keep them coming. [face_praying] I thrive on them.

And worry not. Part two is nearly complete and should be posted at the lastest by the end of next week.

This should give you enough time to put the cat out, take the phone off the hook, get your hands on as many tissues as you can find and call a friend for possible emotional support. It could be rough ride.

:D

PS. Sorry if I missed sending anyone a PM who wanted one, but I did finish the last installment at about 3 in the morning. Any lapses made were probably down to dilerium and caffeine overdose. I beg forgiveness.

15. crazy_fan

crazy_fan Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2006
    exellent can you pm me wen there is another chapter?

16. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Ooh finally we have an update! Such a nice long one too and oh dear looks like Qui and Obi are in trouble - but of course we wouldn't have it any other way :D

17. KILIK

KILIK Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Ok I just found this like a while ago and started reading. Ha I was looking for something to read and i'm glad I found this.:)

And I gota say, well done.=D= I've enjoyed this from start tell now. Please when you update well you send me a PM please?:) [face_praying]

18. Glenstorm

Mar 27, 2006
    Late as ever! But so much for short and sweet! I think this is the longest part yet. :eek: Ah well, the more the merrier I say. . .

Chapter 3 part 2

Ki Adi Mundi raced through the streets of Rinth. Four healers on his heels.

And as he ran he hoped they weren't already too late. The sound of blaster fire burned in his ears.

It had taken them two days to reach the planet from Coruscant after the Council had received a garbled but urgent message from a senator's aide: Qui-Gon was wounded and captured. Kenobi had gone back to rescue him.

The response had been immediate and now here they were chasing down the sounds of battle.

Mundi swung round the last corner taking in the scene at a glance. At the far end of the street fifty soldiers were surrounding Master Jinn and his apprentice. Qui-Gon was down and unmoving. Kenobi was on his knees next to him with an apparent wound to the thigh. The rebels were closing in, victorious.

Or so it seemed. Ki suddenly felt a great gathering in the Force. Then like a great wave it was released. Everything within a ten meter radius of Kenobi was shattered or knocked flying.

That boy was strong in the Force.

But it wouldn't take those rebels long to recover. He had to act now. Igniting his lightsaber Ki rushed forward. The healers followed his example.

But they were too late.

Before they could get there Ki saw one of the rebels level his blaster at Kenobi's chest and fire. Just as the rest began firing on his own rescue party. After that Ki had little time to think of anything else.

Kheldar raised his smoking blaster with satisfaction as he watched the young Jedi fall. The elation was short lived however when five more lightsabers flashed to life down the street.

All of a sudden things were not going as planned.

His men began firing on the newcomers but odds had been very much evened and the five new Jedi were slowly beating his forces back.

Kheldar had not risen to the rank of general by being a fool. He could see instantly that this was not a battle he could win. He waited a only few more seconds before giving the command to withdraw.

His men immediately broke off into a retreat and he along with them.

Kheldar would have to be satisfied with the work he had already done. Maybe the older Jedi could be saved. But he had severely wounded the younger man. He doubted he would survive an injury like that.

Comforted in that knowledge Kheldar faded back into the streets of Rinth.

Ki Adi Mundi thumbed off his saber as the enemy went into full retreat. In seconds they were left alone.

The healers wasted no more time. Two rushed to Jinn's side and two to Kenobi. All four looked grave. For a long seconds the Master Healer Rala examined Qui-Gon, before grabbing her kit.

?Master Jinn has been poisoned,? she informed Ki as she rumaged in her medical kit. ?I need to find the right antidote.? Which she did a moment later. She pulled the phial from her bag and pressed it to Jinn's neck. Then she waited, a concentrated look on her face as she rested her hands on the Master's temples.

Council member or no, Ki Adi Mundi found it hard not to shift from foot to foot. But barely a moment later the Healer relaxed and withdrew.

?He's stabilizing,? she smiled. ?He will just need a lot of rest to allow his body to rec ??

?Master Rala!? a cry broke her off midsentance. ?We're losing Kenobi!?

Rala was at the Padawan's side in an instant, wincing at what she saw. Obi-Wan had a grizzly wound scorched into the lower half of his chest which the other healers had been doing their best to staunch. But it was not enough.

Rala felt for Obi-Wan's pulse.

Nothing.

?Damn it!? Immediately she began the resuscitation process. ?Come on,Kenobi!? she hissed. ?My life would get boring without you!?

The other healers helped her, joining their strength to Rala and the Padawan she tried to save.

Tense seconds passed before there was a jolt and Kenobi drew a thready breath.

With a sigh of relief Rala rechecke

19. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    I missed a post! How did that happen? Ahh well, I just got to read two at once instead :D I really quite thoroughly enjoyed this. I really especially loved your well done action scenes, and ooooooooh the mush! I just love Master/padawan mush. So rarely does Qui-Gon ever get any from his padawan in fanfic, it's nice to see him get some once in awhile, as opposed to just Obi getting it all :) I really hope you write more of these, excellent job! =D= Perhaps you should change your title bar to say "completed" since it is now :)

20. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Like Layren I missed an earlier post.

I also liked that Obi-Wan gave his master some much needed mush. [face_love] [face_love] Lovely rescue and glad that both of them survived to enjoy the mush.

21. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    I loved the update!!!! There is too little mush out there, thanks for adding your wonderful fic to my internal list. :) Thanks for the PM too. Please write another fic too so that the mush may continue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome writing and keep up the awesome work! *hugs*

22. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    [face_dancing]

For your first story "It was brillaint"=D=
    The emotions portrayed by Qui-Gon for his
    Obi-wan were magic.
    Your writing was wonderful and the
    characterisation was perfect

Well Done=D=

23. Fifilla

Mar 9, 2006
    Thank you for this lovely ending! I'm very glad, that Obi and Qui are alright now!

=D= That was a great story - keep on writing! =D=

24. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, you scared me at first.

And suddenly there it was. A dying ember soon to be lost over the threshold of oblivion.

Weak as it was, Qui-Gon's heart leapt with joy and he moved to wrap that precious ember of his Padawan's spirit against him. And for a few moments it was enough.

Though only for a few moments. Even as he remained there Qui-Gon realized that the flicker of Obi-Wan's presence was burning ever lower and sliding closer to the point of no return.

But now that Qui-Gon had a hold of his Padawan, he was not about to let him go. It was not enough to find his Padawan, now he had to find a way to save him.

Fiercely he tightened his grip.

To no avail. Now they were both sliding.

But even as the threshold beckoned Qui-Gon would not let go. If the Force claimed Obi-Wan this day, it would have to take him too. He would not go back alone.

Shaking with the effort the Jedi Master tried to drag them back, pull them away from the brink. But it was like trying to grasp a breath of wind and Obi-Wan was slipping through his fingers. His presence too weak now to be brought back from this darkness.

No!

In a last attempt to rekindle that dying ember Qui-Gon stopped pulling. Turning his full attention on Obi-Wan.

And in that dark realm of the Force he opened himself completely, holding nothing back as he intertwined Obi-Wan's life force with his own, feeding it with all his strength and love.

Come back to me, Obi-Wan.

At first there was nothing. Then the light suddenly sparked and grew.

Qui-Gon's heart bled with relief and happiness. He couldn't recall in that moment anything more beautiful.

Lovely story. Thank you.

25. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Gah! That was so heart wrennching!! He died, for a minute! How I think if I were Quigon I would have died too. A parents luv for their child....to see your child die is just too painful. Gah, great story, awesome job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.