main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ohio Becoming an Official FanForce Chapter...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Sebulba-X, Sep 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    This is just some generic information I wanted to post for everyone on the eve of your 3rd meeting (but I didn't want to clog the planning thread down with it). As always, if you have any questions please let me know. :)

Steps to becoming an official FanForce Chapter:

1. Forum creation: City/Region forums are created at the request of 3 unique users living in close proximity of each other. While we encourage family members to join in the fun, the idea is 3 separate households.
    2. Announced Meetings: Once meeting details are finalized, members of the forming group send the information to their RSA to post on the [link=http://www.fanforce.net/]FanForce.Net Main[/link] with at least 3 days notice.
    3. Meeting Recap: Details of the meeting, who attendend and what not should be sent to the RSA by everyone who attended. If 3 or more people attended, then the meeting is considered official. 3 such meetings makes the group official.

At the 3rd meeting or after, the last step in becoming officially official is the election of a FanForce City Representative. It's FanForce policy that CR's be at least age 18 or older. The age limit is purely for liability reasons and in no way excludes those under 18 from being an officier in your club, or even president for that matter. The group decides the extent of the City Rep's duties, but as far as the FanForce Administration goes, a City Rep is expected to fulfill the following responsibilites:

CR duties/responsibilities:
    1. Main contact between club and FF Administrative staff, specifically the Regional Support Admin (in this case, me).
    2. Submits meeting notices and other FF related activities & news to RSA for posting on FF News page.
    3. Participates in discussions with all City Reps in the CR private forum.
    4. Expected to act in a manner (on & off the forums) that would represent FF in a good light, and therefore held to a somewhat higher standard of behavior.
    5. Alerts forum moderators if there are any problems in the forum (someone trolling, posting profanity, selling items, spamming, etc).

Once this position has been decided, I will need the person's contact info (user name, real name, & active email account) in order to promote them to VIP status (blue username) & title.

Other items that you would also need to inform me about (though it is only optional):
    1. Chapter name & website address (if you have one)
    2. Forum editing time (currently you can edit posts up to an hour...this can be extended or even set to unlimited).
    3. Forum pruning - Default is set to "yes", but can be changed to "no". Pruning deletes old threads and is usually turned off once official.
    4. Custom Forum Header Announcements & Links - A new feature allows managers to create custom links across the top of an official group's forum. Ask your RSA for more details and examples.
    5. Custom banners & color scheme. Some chapters have their own, and you are more than welcome to create your own.
    6. Custom Chapter Icon - Each official club gets the option of creating & having their icon uploaded for members to use.

The main point of all of this is to continue to gather and have fun, so please don't let these technicalities & paper work type items ruin your achievement of becoming official.

[hr]
    The only other item that would be specific to your forum is the "Toledo, OH" name. If you guys want to stick with that, that's fine, but if you'd rather I change it to "Northwest Ohio" or something else, please let me know. It's easy to change and rechange and change again, so it's no problem what so ever. :D

Congrats in advance and good luck! :D

2. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    What if want global domination? Which mod do we PM for that? ?[face_plain] :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.