main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bed of Lies/ Young Qui-Gon goes courting (Post June 16, & a long post 21st)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jodiwent, Jul 26, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Ahhh, sweet! I loved the way Qui-Gon felt like a child again, waiting to be chosen by a master. And the way Finder whispered that he shouldn't let her parents intimidate him. So, now they've got that out of the way, what about the permission of the clan's head? Looking forward to more!

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Loved how "Qui-Gon's worry lessened the further away from Coruscant. Finder's grew the closer they got to Corellia" and how Finder's mother pulled no punches with questioning Qui-Gon!!! :D :D

Well, two down and one to go! Just the permission of the clan head now!!! :) :)

It was wonderful to see a new post Jodi.. thank you!! :) :)

3. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Hehe. That was great!

4. Kaylla_Norn_II

Kaylla_Norn_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2001
    1-7..... um hm this needs uping too

5. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
  6. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    This is not really a complete post but, I want to post it now, to jumpstart this story again.
    ---------------------------------------

?So when do we get this permission?? Qui-Gon asked. ?Can we go now??

?Patients young man.? Master Legat told him with a gentle touch of his shoulder. ?We will go there tomorrow. There are things we will need to prepare in the morning. Tonight I would like to get to know you a little bit better.? That gentle hand became one that guided the young knight back towards the front door.

Finder looked at Qui-Gon?s bewildered face. His eyes darted back and forth wondering just what he was in store for. She smiled and nodded to him a signal that told him it was going to be all right.

?Krey is that bucket of bolts drivable?? Legat called out to his son.

?It depends on where you want to get to.?

?The Black Hole.?

?You?re taking him there?? Krey raised an eyebrow.

?Yes we are.?

?We??

?You are going too. If things go the way they should, you and Knight Jinn will be brothers soon.? The tone in Legat?s voice was one that Krey knew he had best not say anything.

The son did however roll his eyes and glower in the Coruscant jedi?s way. ?Finder will have a husband, I will not have a brother.? He didn?t want a new brother, certainly not an older one. No matter how honorable a jedi Qui-Gon might be, Krey missed the little one he had lost too deeply to think of anyone as a brother.

?Just what is this Black Hole place you are taking me to?? Qui-Gon asked as they climbed into the speeder.

?Just a little watering hole where a few of the local gents get together and get to know each other,? Legat answered.

?A jedi master is taking me to a cantina?? Qui-Gon pondered. ?Well he is a Corellian.? Jedi and cantinas don?t always mix. He remembered the trouble Mace had run into at ?The Mind Trick?. Still it wasn?t as if he had never been in such places with his own master on missions, nor had be avoided them since he had been knighted. To purposely go to one to socialize, that was different. ?I suppose I should learn to think like a Corellian a little bit at least, if I am to live here.?

The area where the Felsen's lived could be called the boondocks of Corellia. The homes were not that close to each other and hydroponics farms dotted the landscape. More than once they had to stop the speeder to let a group of domestic nerfs cross the road.

"We should invest in a sky speeder." Krey mumbled while they waited for a particularly large heard to cross.

"There is nothing wrong with this land speeder son." Legat commented.

"Weren't you the one who just called it a bucket of bolts?"

"I did, but as long as it gets us from point a to point b there is nothing wrong with this bucket of bolts."

"Might as well have wheels on the thing."

Qui-Gon made no comment, he sat back and observed. He had a feeling this was not the first time the father and son had had this conversation. At the end of the heard a farmer followed, he waved to the jedi. The jedi waved back.

"Thank you for blocking the road." Krey said under his breath. Legat gave his son a light biff off of the top of his head. "Good evening Mr. Dreenought." The young knight said out loud.

"Good day Jedi."

As soon as the old man had passed, Krey sped up quickly, didn't want the farmer to strike up a conversation with his father, they'd be there forever. Not that he was in any hurry to spend time at the cantina with Qui-Gon either. A little further down the way Qui-Gon could see the road that led back to Coronet City. He could also see a large amount of speeders coming from that direction.

"Are we going to the city?"

"No," was the simple answer from both Felsens.

If they were not going to the city, they were going the way of the traffic jam. "Are they all going to this Black Hole place?" Qui-Gon's question produced chuckles from both men. "I'll take that as a no."

"You are right," Legat informed. "The cities sea shore is so crowded that many people from the

7. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    So his future father-in-law is taking him out to a cantina to get to know him better. :D :D I do hope Krey is able to bond with Qui. Loved how he listened to the banter of Master and apprentice and how they heard they truly sounded liked father and son and how he wondered as to the future and how he would handle his own children.

Uh oh... that last line leaves me very worried Jodi!!

8. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I just discovered this story and read it straight through, :) please continue, Qui's becoming one of my favorites. 7

9. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    That was great!

10. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
  11. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    wow thanks for digging this up Jaya, I actually was thinking of writing a post for here later today.

12. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    The scenery surrounding the three jedi was spectacular. The two who were native to that landscape thought it beautiful thought they had seen it uncountable times before. To the newcomer it rivaled most places he had ever been. It reminded him of the Catharian plains of grass, only a wetter version.

Krey had stopped to assess which direction they should take not that he knew the channels had changed. As they sat there Qui-Gon took in the estuary's sights and sounds. At first it might seem to one not looking or listening to be a quiet almost dull place with nothing to look at except miles of swaying sea grass. To Qui-Gon it was perfect, he had never felt a more peaceful place. He sat up on the top of the speeder's back seat to get a better look. Qui-Gon, always in tune with the living force, was aware of unseen things. He could hear the ebbing water lapping at the banks of the channel. He could hear many other things; the wind that blew the grass; small creatures that scurried in the tidal mud; bugs and birds chirping in the grass; occasionally he detected the sound of a fish jumping in the water. The thought floated through his mind, 'This would be a good place to bring up young jedi.'

Jinn was so engrossed by all of that, plus the orange sky of sunset, that when Krey started out again he barely noticed. He knew they were moving, but his mind was still wrapped up in what his senses were experiencing. He was blissfully unaware that he was about to experience the Corellian landscape up close and personal. Kress had to stop the speeder again, only this time he did so with a jolt. Krey's assessment of the correct direction had been wrong. Legat didn't have time to lecture his son on his lack of focus. Before either of the Corellian jedi could say a word they heard a loud splash. Qui-Gon was no longer sitting on top of the speeder. The Flesens cringed understanding all too well what that splash most likely was. They climbed out and looked over the edge of the embankment.

"This is quite refreshing." Qui-Gon shouted up, as he splashed around in the water.

Krey and Legat were both relieved to see that Qui-Gon had not broken his neck as he might have if the tide had been lower.

Qui-Gon quickly made his way to the edge of the water. Legat motioned in a way that seemed to be waving him off. "Wait," Legat called out. "You need to?"

It was too late; Qui-Gon had already placed his foot where Legat was going to warn him to avoid. Qui-Gon's boot disappeared into the mud. He attempted to extract that foot only to get the other one in the sticky soil too. Now he got slightly flustered. He couldn't budge from the mud's grip.

"I was going to say, you need to avoid the mud." Legat now in formed Qui-Gon. "Hold on, we'll levitate you out."

"That's quite unnecessary." Qui-Gon motioned for them to hold off. "I believe I can manage."

Father and son gave each other knowing looks. They sat at the top of the embankment; it would be interesting to see Qui-Gon 'manage'. He managed to get the first stuck foot out of the mud, not the boot. Balancing carefully he took hold of the stuck footwear, making sure his free foot remained that way. When he finally pulled his boot out, his foot was the only thing that wasn't in the mud. Qui-Gon made quite a sight; one foot still stuck in the mud bent at the knee he was laying on his back, arms splayed out on the mud, the free foot up in the air and the boot flung up into the grass.

"You sure you don't need some help?" Legat once again offered a hand.

"I'm fine," Qui-Gon said sarcastically. "I often view the sky in this fashion."

"You really should get out of there," Krey now said. "I believe there is a gagoodal nest near by."

'Gagoodal?' Qui-Gon thought as he lay there. 'What is a gagoodal?' he could feel some of the mud underneath him moving. For a split second he worried. He didn't know if it was the creature Kress had just warned of. He didn't sense any danger from what ever it was. He calmly sat up; he saw something slithering past him again

13. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    ROFLOL!!!! That was great Jodi!! What a treat to see a new post here and such a funny one at that. I just knew when Qui said 'he'd managed' that it wouldn't go smoothly. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I hope we get to see more of this... I could really use more of this kind of Qui-Gon stoires. :) :)

14. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Oh, that was funny! Poor Qui-Gon! I don't think Finder will want to come close to him for a while now, not with the way that thing smells. Let's hope it gets tired of him soon and slithers away! :)

15. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    more sooner. :) :) :) 7

16. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Hehe! Great post!

17. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    I HAD a post for here. I just spent an hour typing it up and promptly erased it instead of posting it.

Later I hope.

18. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Jedi Master Legat Felsen had a dilemma. He could not let Qui-Gon back in the speeder while the man reeked of marsh mud and gagoodal, yet he couldn't let his daughter's suitor walk back alone. That would be rude. The father didn't want to hear the complaining that would come from his son if he were asked to accompany Qui-Gon, so Legat would fulfill that obligation. Legat was thinking this might be a good way to get to know Jinn better.

"Krey, you go on and take the speeder home," Legat requested.

Krey knew what his father was thinking. For a split second the young knight thought of protesting. It was over twenty miles home, Legat was in his second century of life, he should be the one to ride. Then he realized it was a stupid thought, his father was in better shape than most men half his age. Legat was after all a jedi master. Krey looked over at Qui-Gon who was still dealing with the animal that was crawling all over him.

"If you and nature boy are going home," Krey started to say. "There's no reason I cant continue on to the Hole, is there?"

"Not really." Legat knew his son's friends would be there. "Not too late, we may have work tomorrow."

"Have you heard something?" Krey perked up.

"No, but something tells me we're due for something." That statement said in the manner Legat had said it would have sounded silly, coming from him it made sense. "And try not to get into any altercations."

Krey smiled and gave his father a pat on the back. "Now what fun would that be?" He looked to Qui-Gon who was trying to get some of the mud off of himself. Before leaving Finder's brother couldn't resist teasing, "Now Qui-Gon, you have fun with your new friend."

Legat looked a little embarrassed to Qui-Gon's eyes. "We should get going the sun will be down soon."

Qui-Gon nodded and calmly started to walk next to the corellian master. "Will Krey be all right?"

"Why wouldn't he be?" Legat didn't understand why Qui had asked that question.

"He won't really get into a fight?"

"Why would you suppose he would?"

"Corellian's do have a certain reputation sir."

"And so do jedi, and it's not for reckless fighting. We Corellian jedi have no greater love of fighting than any other of the order."

"I'm sorry for assuming," Qui-Gon apologized.
    "That was a joke we have between each other."

"I'll have to adjust to your customs."

"There isn't as much difference as you seem to think. I hope you don't mind my son's manners," the older jedi said. "Even thought he is younger, he has always been protective of Finder."

"I understand," the younger man said.

"Not that she needs much protection." Legat laughed.

"That is true enough."

As they walked the gagoodal was crawling all over Qui-Gon trying to find a way into his clothes. Jinn knew that he wasn't going to get rid of the animal that was still wrapped around him. when ever he tried to pull her off, claws that were the remnant of paws on its side dug into his skin. Better to stay friendly and avoid getting scratched. She crawled down the neck of his tunic. If he hadn't been belted she would have wiggled out the other end, instead she curled up in the billowy space in his back. She stuck her head back out the neck hole to scout out where they were going. She nibbled on Qui's ear for good measure. The temple jedi remained unflappable. The feel of wet muddy smelly course fur wasn't the most comfortable thing he had ever felt, but it wasn't the worst. Unlike his son's manners, at the time, Qui-Gon's manner impressed Master Legat.

"Most People squirm and try to get a gagoodal off of themselves quite vigorously when this happens to them," Legat told Qui.

"It's not causing any real harm." The animal licked Qui-Gon's face as he spoke. That made him giggle. "It's not like it's poisonous or something." He looked to Legat. "Is it?"

"Oh no. Just annoying."

* Purrrrrrr * It seemed as if the gagoodal knew it was being talked about. Qui-Gon scratched under it's whiskery chin. Legat backed away. The smell got more intense. Qui coughed and choked.

19. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Another post here... so soon??? YAY!!!

I liked how Legat determined that walking home with Qui-Gon would give him the time to get to know the man better and loved how the gagoodal decided to show Qui how much she liked him!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Fabulous post Jodi!! :) :)

20. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Don't forget this one.

21. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Poor Qui.

22. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Qui-Gon rarely talked about what he had found out about his family when he became a knight. The fact was that he did not have one. He told Master Legat about how Mei Kann Jinn found him on the street just outside the temple walls. ?Master Mikata always took extra interest in me even before I became his padawan. One of my first memories is pulling on his whiskers,? Qui-Gon said with a smile. ?The knight that found me, she was a good friend of his. He told me about her, how she gave up her missions to take care of me the first six months of my life, and how she gave hers to save me.?

?So you have no memories except of the temple,? Legat wondered aloud.

?That?s true of almost all of the crechelings. I do have vague memories, not solid ones, just feelings, feelings of warmth, safety, and being wrapped in the Force.

"To lose not only one but two mothers at such a young age should bring bitterness, Yet I find your presence very calm and peaceful. When you were so caught up in the land I could see it. How you're being so gentle with that critter in your clothing shows something that is rare in one so young, even among jedi." The two men had a laugh when the gagoodal did another squirming dance inside the back of Qui-Gon's tunic. "It also usually shows the influence of a woman in ones childhood.?

Qui-Gon again flashed a warm smile. ?You are quite observant about people. My master?s wife had a very large hand in raising me.?

Legat looked surprised. "I find it hard to think the council would approve of that."

"They didn't." A different mood came over Qui-Gon. "It almost cost me having Master Mikata as my master. When I was twelve I spent a hard year under the instruction of another master, Master Dooku."

"I've heard of him," Legat said. "He's a very stern man from what I hear."

"That's true, but he did teach me discipline, and he is one of the best in the order with the saber. When I turned thirteen, the proper age to be chosen as a padawan, the council did not see my feelings for the Cathars as a problem so I went back to Aji. Over the years I still spent time training with Master Dooku. He often gives me clear advice."

"And what would he say about you joining we Corellians?"

"That I am not so sure of."

"And your Master Aji, he approves of this?"

"He doesn't know yet." Qui-Gon looked embarrassed. "I didn't want to tell him until it was officially official."

"You don't need his permission?"

"I only needed the council's permission. I need Aji's blessing. I can't imagine any way he would not give it."

Along their journey a few people laughed at the sight of a man foolish enough to be scented by a gagoodal. The reaction at the Felsen house was not as humorous.

"Oh no," Finder gasped at the sight of Qui-Gon and the smelly creature. She gave her father the second degree. "Dad how did you let this happen?"

"Me?" Legat held up his hand in a claim of innocents.

"It's not his fault," Qui-Gon defended.

"Where is Krey?" Finder looked around for her brother. "He's hiding because he knows he's in trouble."

"It's not Krey's fault either," Qui-Gon explained. "I wasn't paying attention so..."

"You fell into a channel?"

"I'm afraid so."

"I'm afraid you're not getting anywhere near the inside of this house," Mina proclaimed. "Until that critter is gone."

Qui-Gon could understand the feelings of Finder's mother. The gagoodal squirmed around his neck to emphasize her claim on him.

"At least we can get rid of the other stink." The Felson matron took charge. "Follow me."

He didn't know what Master Mina had in mind. She led him to the back of the house. Qui-Gon glanced back to make sure Finder was following. There was a large yard behind the house that was cut off by woods a hundred feet later. Directly behind the house there was all manner of useful items. Mina grabbed a metal pail and what looked to be a small tub. She then walked towards a well that was not too far away.

"Mom you're not going to use that," Finder said disapprovingly.

"Oh yes I am." Mina put the bigg

23. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
  24. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    :D *ahem* :D

Need I say how much I enjoyed that post Jodi?? I had a feeling what Finder's mom had in mind when she took Qui-Gon out back. Loved Finder's outrage at her mother washing him down in the bucket for the canine and the way she stood "admiring what she knew would shortly be hers", lising off that chest, those arms, those abs, that waist. *sigh* And young Insel's comment was cute and sweet cheeks was great!!!

Jodi, thatnks ever so much for starting my day with a wonderful image to think on!! :D :D

25. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    It's lunchtime and I had to re-read this post! :D :D Might as well up it too for people to find easier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.