main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bed of Lies/ Young Qui-Gon goes courting (Post June 16, & a long post 21st)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jodiwent, Jul 26, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    It may be very late. I should never commit. I'm thinking more of my other stories now.
    (Just got on line now and have to go back to work in a half an hour, hope I get un blocked on this one when I get back around ten thirty then add an hour for typing.)

2. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    A few hours passed before Aji and Coorvin arrived at Kinu's home. Qui-Gon had never seen his master's face looking quite so grave as it did that day. He understood why, Dojacel should have been his greatest pride, yet now she was his greatest disgrace and failure. She should have been a jedi instead she danced dangerously close to the darkside thought she had not totally crossed that line yet.

"Hello Master." Qui-Gon bowed. "Hello Boon." He greeted Coorvin by the name most called him.

"I am so glad you are here Qui-Gon."

"I'm not sure what good I will be to help you, I will not be able to blend in here."

"I do not need you to spy for me." Aji sighed. "I need you here to keep me from doing anything rash."

"Master?"

"I wish I could express the anger this situation has braught to me. An anger a Jedi should not have, a master no less."

"I don't understand Master." The young Padawan, Boon now spoke. "Some of the things the progressives said made sence."

"Of course some of it made sence." Aji said gently. "They wouldn't attract any followers if they made no sence."

"So why can't the city expand, I don't understand."

"That is because you've grow up on Coruscant." Qui-Gon interjected.

"But so did you, Qui-Gon."

"Yes but I have seen many other places after that. This is the first place you've been outside of our home."

"Yet our jedi teaching tell us we should not become attached to people or places that is why we are raised in the temple." Boon said with all the conviction of youth. "No disrespect Master, but I can not help but think your attachment for this place clouds your judgement."

Qui-Gon thought Boon was very bold for an eleven year old, and waited for Master Mikata's reaction. That reaction supprised him, there was no explosion.

"You are right young one, that is exactly why I asked Qui-Gon to come here. On the other hand Boon, our jedi teachings are guides not chains. This is your homeworld, you will find your speices on no other planet. If you wish to have a family, your mate and children will live here. It is they who we must keep the planet alive for. I hope to teach you some of our ways while you are here."

"I think I understand Master." Boon replyed. "Why does Dojacel want to change things so much?"

"She too grew up away from Cathar, she let the glitter of the core worlds impress her too much."

"But Coruscant is our home too, I don't think it's all that bad."

"No it isn't, but it is different." The master now instructed the padawan. "Now I want you to go outside and observe, look around you with all your sences. Just breathe the air that has not needed to be filtered for you. Then you will see why it is different."
    (TBC)

3. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    It was before midnight. LOL

4. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Qui-Gon thought it would do him good to reconect with the living force that was all around them on the plains of Cathar. "Excuse me Aji and Kinu, I think I will go for a walk myself."

"That is a good idea Qui-Gon." Kinu raised her eye brows. "Your old master needs to spend some time alone with his old nag of a Mate."

"You a nag Kinu, never." One of Qui-Gon's earliest memories of being a padawan was of Kinu chasing him around with a broom, wanting to wack the ten year old human for some indiscression. The young knight grined as he left the two cathars. It made him smile that after the a few hundred years of marriage they still loved each other deeply. He wondered if one day he'd find a love like that.

Qui-gon had not left too long after Boon, he hadn't planned on it, but he found himself tracking the young cathar. It was here that Aji had taught Qui-Gon to track, and many other skills that helped him as a jedi. It was here that he learend how much he was in tune with the living side of the force. In a way it was like a homecoming. It was all too easy to sneek up on the boy that had taken his place at his master's side. He felt a twinge of regret, but that was all part of growing up a jedi, becoming a knight.

As he watched Boon he could see the boy realizing what the master had told him was true, this was so different than Coruscant, the air itself semed to be alive. Birds flew in the sky, and game ran across the sandy grassland. Something was different, it seemed as if there were less birds and animals than he remembered as a boy. Maybe that was because things seem so big when one is little.

The young human's revere was interupted by the approach of a speeder headed for Boon. Did the boy see it? Qui-Gon broke his stalking stance and ran down the slope to warn his new brother, these people had a menevolent feel to them.

"Boon look out!" Jinn yelled as the speeder passed close enough to almost hit the young jedi. They didn't want to kill him, they wanted to catch him. Qui-Gon saw Boon take out his light saber and did the same. The knight ran between the speeder and the boy as it made it's second pass. The jedi knight swung at the speeder and sliced off it's repulsor engine on one side. the speeder spun out of control dumping the three occupants out onto the ground. Two of them ran, one could not the driver had broken his leg, his pals did not stay to help, their fear of the jedi was too great.

"Who sent you!" Qui-Gon sruffed the man by his collar. "Why were you trying to take the boy?"

"Dojacel." The coward didn't even resist. "She had him followed, she knew he was a spy. When we told her he met with old Mikata, she told us to grab him."

Qui-Gon let go of the sniveling man, he was going to have to help him get to some medical help. He told Boon to find something to make a splint for the would be kidnapper's leg. When the boy returned The knight set the leg and they helped the man walk back to Kinu's house.
    (TBC)

5. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Hmm, I think I like the adventure parts of this story much more than the romance parts. I especially like the character of Kimu, and the picture of her chasing ten-year-old Qui-Gon around with a broom, waiting to whack him, was just great! More Kimu! More whacks!

6. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Maybe the title is misleading now?

Do I sence two camps forming here?

I did it again with the names, Kinu vs Kimu(the healer), that's what I get for using my Japaneese dictonary... Some people think I need a English one. I do have one I just don't have it when I'm posting.LOL

7. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Kinu pronounced Key-new.
    Kimu pronounced Kim-moo. (from another story)
    What a way to up my story.
    H.L. sorry I was late posting yesterday.

8. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
  9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ohhhh. Being chased around with a broom. Doesn't that bring back long ago memories. Would't my daughter get a kick out of the thought of her mother being chased by her even smaller grandmother. Heh, heh.

Oh, sorry. Where was I? Right. I enjoyed Aji and Kinu, kinda reminds me of my old man and me.

10. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    When the odd group got to the house Master Mikata was furious, he semed to know the would be kidnapper.

"Realgo you are lucky I'm a jedi, how dare you try to take my apprentice hostage." Aji fummed. "Dojacel put you up to this?"

"Yes." The man cowered.

"You know under the old code I would have every right to rip you to shreds."

"But as you say, your a jedi."

"Qui-Gon take this flea bitten, worthless thing back to Dojacel and tell her that if she trys anything like this again I will not hold back."

Qui-Gon took an old speeder that they kept there to bring the injured man back to the city. He only needed to read the weak willed man's mind to find Dojacel's headquaters.

"You fool." One of the other followers cried out. "You led the jedi here."

"I didn't tell him anything." Realgo wimpered. "Help me I broke my leg."

"You did not bring the young one back. What good are you?"

"He did not bring the young one," Dojacel said jumping down from her hising place. "yet he may have braught an even more valuable prize. Long time no see Qui-Gon Jinn."

"Do you really thnk you can hold me?" Qui-Gon laughed.

"I can surely try, garbage boy." Dojacel used a childhood insult that held no meaning to Qui-Gon anymore. She signaled for her followers to surround him. "You wouldn't want to have to hurt any of these nice people, would you?"

Qui-Gon was not taken in by her ploy. He gathered the force around himself and knocked them all over. He abbandoned the speder and took off.

"You won't be able to hide here human." Dojacel yelled after him.

"I can surely try, mange girl." Qui-Gon yelled back at her, and dissapeared.
    (TBC)

11. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Thirteen years earlier.

"I didn't mean to do it." Dojacel lied. "He fell, I was only trying to scare him."

"You do not lie well grandchild." Kinu shook her head. "You do not fool me and you will never fool Aji."

"You care more about the human than you do me."

"You are still a kit amoung us, but you are much to old to be jelouse of a ten year old. I will not overlook your behavior this time."

Aji rushed into the house, he had been elcewhere and did not know wat had happened. "Something is wrong, where is Qui-Gon?"

"There was an acident." Dojacel rushed to fool her elder. "He broke his arm."

Aji did not take time to deal with Dojacel, he went to his padawan. Kinu had set the arm and put it in a homemade cast, she was good at that sort of thing. Aji did not even have to ask, he could see the whole incident played out in the sleping boys mind.

His great, great,great,great granddaughter had shoved the boy out of the tree as she taunted him. "If your such a great jedi save yourself from this, garbage boy." Of course the young jedi could not levitate himself fast enough, and he hit the ground with a thud and a snap of his arm.

Aji went back to where Dojacel was and silently slowly charged towards her.

"It was an acident." She tryed to lie again.

"You are a disgrace to me and this family. Get out of here and don't ever set foot in here again."

"But..."

"This is not the first time you have lied to us. Do you think we are stupid? I have been easy with you, given you time to change, it is apparent now, I was wrong. Leave."

"Grandmother?" She apealed to Kinu.Kinu turned her head from her, an indication she agreed with her mate. "You'll regret this." The woman left with tears of anger in her eyes.

"I already do." Aji wispered.

"Where did we go wrong with that one?"

Aji did not answer, there may not have been an answer.
    (TBC)

12. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    (Back to the present time of the story.)

Qui-Gon Jinn did stick out in the cathar city, there were not to may other speices there, he was possibly the only human. Dojacel didn't have that may followers but they used fear to intimidate people in the area where they had control. So when they asked where the human had gone most pointed the to where they had seen the jedi go. Qui-Gon knew he had to get to the part of the city run by the lagitamate government of Cathar. There he was known as Aji's apprentice. Aji Mikata was a well repected advisor to many of the Cathar leaders. The jedi were always revered on that planet.

As he made his way to his goal Qui-gon wondered what Dojacel's true motive was. Hurting her elders was only an added bounus, he was sure there was another reason behind all of this. Aji just stood in the way of her ultimate goal, whatever it was.

"Qui-Gon Jinn." Someone wispered. "This is not a safe place for jedi anymore."

Qui-Gon looked to see a familiar face. It was one of The younger of Aji's decendents. Torijj, who was only a few years older than Qui-Gon. They had been childhood friends.

"It can't be safe for a Mikata either." Qui-Gon was a little warry. Most of Aji's relitives lived deep in the lagitamate government's territory.

"No it isn't, but you jedi aren't the only ones who want to know what my cousin is up too."

Qui-Gon may have been a knight but he was still young. He let his guard down and Torijj wacked him over the head. "He's over here hurry!" The Cathar man yelled out as the jedi fell. Then he wispered. "I'm sorry old friend, but I can't let them know why I'm here."
    (TBC)

13. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Oooh, yeah! Qui-Gon gets whacked on the head by someone he thought might be an ally! More, more!

I liked the flashback where Dojacel pushes little Qui-Gon out of the tree and breaks his arm. I especially liked their insults. Garbage boy! Mange girl!

And it was sad the way that Aji had to ban Dojacel, but regretted it anyway.

Keep going, this is fascinating!

14. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
  15. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Great post! (I'm tired and have nothing really to say that's intellectual.)

16. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Since I just came from 'To Stand Alone' this story has become even more dear to me.

I missed alot in not reading it before, again I apologise!

17. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Oh yeah! I'm past 500 posts! Yay! Actually, I'd have around 651 if a few of my post count didn't get erased. But I'm happy. Now I have three stars! And I had my 500th post on your story Jodiwent. :)

18. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    When Qui-Gon woke up he found himself hog tied and gaged. His head was throbbing, he remembered that Torijj Mikata had wacked him. Was his friend really on Dojacel's side? It would not take long for the jedi to manipulate the force to untie the ropes that bound him. He knew that they had taken his light saber, they knew better than leaving it on him.

Qui-Gon did not make his move untill he was sure where the weapon was. The foolish Realgo was playing with it trying to impress his fellows.

"Look I'm a jedi." He clumsily swatted the air with the lazer sword. "A jedi master." The others laughed at the fool. "Look it doesn't take much to catch a jedi." Realgo bent over to look at the jedi on the ground. "Not so tough all tied up huh?"

The bafoon strutted around with the saber again. "I'm a jedi now."

When Qui-Gon was sure the ropes were loose enough, and now that he knew where his light saber was, he summoned the force again. As if an invisable being were present it appeared that the saber was grabbed out of Realgo's hands. Then it looked as if someone were swinging it at the moron, of course never hitting him. The animated saber danced around and singed Realgo's fur. When ever he tryed to escape it it blocked him. The others were rolling on the floor laughing as the room filled with the sent of burnt fur.

That's when Qui-Gon called the saber back to him as he jumped up and out of the ropes. He pulled off the gag and said. "It's been a plasure gents. Let's not do it again."

The jedi was on the run again. The progressives were so busy laughing he had at least a little lead this time. He even found Aji and Kinu's speeder, and headed back into friendly territory.
    (TBC)
    btw congrats Jaya!

19. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Thanks! Hehe, that must have been fun to write. :)

20. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Lesson learned: Never turn your back on a Jedi you think your holding hostage.

Definitely superb post!!!

21. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
  22. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Sleep tonight, post tomorrow.

23. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    "Something delayed you Qui-Gon?" Aji aksed on the knight's return. "I almost started to go look for you."

"Nothing I couldn't handle Master."

"I see." Aji gave him a friendly wack on the head.

"Yikes!" Qui-Gon grabbed his head in pain.

"Oooh, sorry. Who did that to you?"

"Would you believe Torijj."

Aji gave Qui-Gon a questioning glance. "Torijj? With Dojacel? There must be some other reason."

"Either way be wary of him. He turned me over to her followers."

Kinu gave the poor jedi an ice pack to put on his lumpy head. He sat there with it for a while as the swelling went down.

The padawan Boon had been listening to the conversation between his master and the knight. He still did not understand all of the intracacies of what was going on, he was, after all, only ten.

"Master why are did those people try to take me and then Qui-Gon?"

"They want me to leave so they can continue with their plans. Plans that most people here don't want. Plans they know I will stop. I have forseen that they will try to hurt alot of inocent people. As a jedi I must do what I can to prevent that."

"Yes Master. What do you think they will do?"

"It is not clear yet, it is not one thing. I see much fighting, and destruction."

"That sounds scarry Master."

"Yes it does, but if you wish to become a jedi you must face many scarry things."

"I know Master, it doesn't make them any less scarrier."

"No Padawan it doesn't."
    (TBC)

24. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    No, being a Jedi does not make things any less scarier. Good post, Jodiwent!

25. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Ditto what Jane said!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.