main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bed of Lies/ Young Qui-Gon goes courting (Post June 16, & a long post 21st)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jodiwent, Jul 26, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    That night Qui-Gon woke to Aji lightly shaking him.

"Qui-Gon wake up." The old master wispered. "We must go to the progressives head quaters."

"Why Aji?" The knight asked.

"I know why Torijj is with Dojacel, I saw it in a vision. It disturbs me if the vision is true."

"What did you see Master."

"He's working for the planetary government, not just as a spy, but as an assasin."

"Torijj? Could he do such a cold blooded thing to his cousin, no mater how dispicable she is?"

"I would think some of my teachings would have rubbed off on him, I hope he can not do it. We have to get to Dojacel and turn her over to the galactic court before, or we will need to turn in Torijj."

Some in the offical, the legal govenment of Cathar wanted Dojacel out of the way. She and her group had commited acts of terror on people on both sides of the conflict. Even though, if Torijj went through with their plan, it would lead to a civil war. They may cut off the snake's head but its body would keep wriggleing for a long while, and it might grow another head one with even larger fangs.

Boon had over heard his master and got out of bed to find out what was going on.

"Master you won't leave me behind?"

"This time I have to, in a few years you will be old enough to be in such a fight but not tonight."

"Yes Master." The boy was disapointed. "May I ask you a question?"

"Of course?"

"Why do you want to stop Torijj? Dojacel has killed people, jedi kill people."

Aji knew all young padawans asked such questions and explained. "Yes she has killed people, she must be brought before the law. Torijj is not the law, the jedi are not the law. You know a jedi only kills if it is the last thing they can do, in defence of their or an innocent's life. If Torijj kills Dojacel in such a sneeky manner, he will be no better than her."

"If the republic allowed each planet's government to assasinate who ever opposed them." Qui-Gon added. "No one would be safe or free."

It was a good thing they were going to bring Dojacel in at that point, she was close to showing how dispicable she really was. she and her followers were going to burn down one of the legend trees. Many people lived in the old cities inside the trees, and many of the modern city's buildings abutted the tree. If they set it on fire people were going to die.
    (TBC)

2. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
  3. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    post later

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I like Boon's questions to his Master. Now I wonder if Boon will sneak out and follow Aji and Qui-Gon???

5. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    That does seem to be the habit of most of the padawan's we know.

6. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Great post!

7. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    With the force as their guide the two jedi found their way to the emence tree that the progressves were about to burn down. They gave people only a short time to evacuate. The paniced people ran over each other to get out.

"Please don't burn our home." An old woman pleaded.

"There will be no more of the old ways." Dojacel said as she held up a torch. "You will have new homes, modern homes. You will see it is better to live the way all advanced planets do." She threw the torch and the others threw thiers. People who tryed to put it out were beaten by Dojacel's thugs.

The jedi's speeder zoomed up next to Dojael.

"You are too late jedi, you can't stop it now."

"Have you gone compleately mad!" Aji asked Dojacel. "This is how you intend to get people to follow you, by burning down their home?"

"Yes, they are too stupid to know what's good for them."

"How little you know, for one who thinks she is so smart."

As Aji spoke to Dojacel, Qui-Gon rallied the people who wanted to stop the fire. They, with the help of the knight pushed back the bullies, and were able to at least try to put it out. It would not be easy, the old wood had burned fast, and the progressives did not give up so easily. Qui-Gon continually had to push them back with the force.

As the confusion went on Aji was still trying to reason with Dojacel.

"You are in danger."

"Yhea right, think that trick will work on me?" She had a detenator in her hand. "This will do the job nicely, don't you agree?"

"You are mad." Dojacel activated the device, and raised her hand to throw it. "Don't do it!"

Before Aji could do anything a blaster bolt shot out, it only clipped her, but the detenator fell and was now under the platform where they were standing. The old jedi master yelled for everyone to clear the area as he lept down to recover the explosive. Dojacel planned on jumping after him but she found her ancle grabbed by some one. She looked up to see her cousin Torijj.

"Let me go, the detenator, he'll get it."

"Yes he will." Torijj said. "He'll save these people, and I'll do what he does not have the nerve to do."

It was only then that she realized what he intended, his claws at the ready to stike her dead. He was only stopped by the hum of an old wreck of a sloop that almost knocked him down, it was Boon.

"Don't do it." Boon ordered. Torijj looked at the boy dressed as a jedi. He summed up that he must be Aji's latest apprentice. "You'll be no better than her." The young jedi's simple restatement of what he had been told was enough to stop Torijj. "Let my master bring her to the law."

"Ok little jedi." He said not letting his struggling cousin out of his grip.

Aji was now using all of his concentration on the force to contain the detenator's explosion. Thank the force it worked. If it hadn't the old jedi and everyone on the platform would have been blown to bits.

The fire was still going strong but govenment forces now arrived and rounded up the trouble makiers.

"You can't arrest us" Dojacel was still trying to play politics. "We have been elected to represent this sector."

"But you havn't been elected to spread terror." Aji, who had climbed back up. "You will pay for your crimes." He then turned to Torjj. "And you will tell me who put you up to this. They will have to answer as well."

"Yes Grandfather."

Aji then saw Boon. "What are you doing here Padawan, you were told to stay."

"I..."

"He was being a jedi Grandfather. Just as all the others who proceeded him, and those who will follow." Torijj defended the apprentice. "It was he who reminded me."

"I see.(TBC)

8. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Yay! You posted!

9. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Good one, Boon! I have a soft spot in my heart for little Padawans who sneak out, follow their masters, and manage to save the day. Now on with the story!

10. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Jedi Padawan Code 351: Always be obediant to your Master. Except when you have 'a really bad feeling about this.'

Hmmm. Drojacel could be a little grateful her life was saved.

11. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    It took a while for the fire to be put out but it was. It left a reminder of the kind of destruction fanatics like Dojacel and her followers could leave. The jedi however knew of another kind of fanatic that the people couldn't see, someone in the planetary government that had tryed to take matters into their own hands. It took a while but with Torijj's help they weeded out the power hungry goveners and made it known to the people what was going on. The one directly responcible for the assassination plot was the head of the security forces himself. The jedi would take both Dojacel and the general to Coruscant to face the galactic court.

In the month that they were there nagotiating the rift between the progressives and the government Aji Mikata and Qui-Gon Jinn made a few enemys. When everything was over though there would be no more fighting between the people and no more insistance on things that would not be good for the planet. In turn the government agreed to improve the conditons in the exisiting cities.

The night before they left they were back at Kinu's house. She had made each of their favorites and Qui-Gon just like when he was a kid could not resist sneaking a taste before it was time. Kinu caught the jedi and he could not hide the fact that he had his mouth full.

"You never learn do you Qui-Gon." Kinu was reaching for her broom and you never saw a grown man run so fast.

As they ran past Aji And Boon, the padawan said. "Kinu never tryed to wack me with that thing."

"Your a lot smarter than Qui-Gon."

"I heard that Master."

"Well who's being chased?"
    (TBC)
    [back to Coruscant next post]

12. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Get him, Kinu, get him! Whack, whack, whack! I just love the way your characters interact and tease each other, Jodiwent. That little conversation between Aji, Boon, and Qui-Gon was priceless. "Who's being chased?" That sort of thing is definitely one of your strengths! More, more!

13. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    LOL That was great Jodiwent!! I totally agree with Jane. I love how you alternate drama with the humor.

14. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    :) Hehe... Qui-Gon being chased by a broom.

15. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Just seeing if this attracts anyone's attention this time of day. I'll have more time to post later.

16. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Didn't have as much time as I thought I would.
    Sorry no post going to actually sleep tonight.

17. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    On his return to Coruscant and as soon as he was free of any duties Qui-Gon Jinn was reminded of his personal life. He wasn't sure what he was going to do. He had not totally given up on making Nengan see that he was the one for her. He still had feelings for Kinomi, but she seemed to only want their relationship to be that of friends. Well he was free for the night, which of his 'friends' should he go see.

'I guess I better go do damage repare with Nengan.' Qui-Gon thought. 'I don't even know if she's on the planet. She did say she was going to be shooting on Corellia.'

He went to find out, he might have made it easier on himself if he had called first. He knocked and at first thought noone was there. Still his jedi sences knew someone was there. He knocked again, to his suprise it was not Nengan that answered the door but a man dressed in some baggy sleep bottoms and looking very at home.

Qui-Gon's first reaction was that it hadn't taken long for Nengan to replace him.

"Well?" The man asked. "You must be looking for Nenny, she's not here."

"Where is she?" Qui-Gon held his feelings in check.

"Corellia, she won't be back for weeks."

"And who, if I'm not being too intrusive. Are you?"

"Me? I'm an old friend, Nenny said I could crash here untill she got back. If it's anything to you, who ever you are."

"Well did 'Nenny' ever mention the name Qui-Gon?"

"Oh, oh, oh." The man looked as if a light bulb went on, and gestured with a pointing hand. "You're the jedi. Now wait let me think, what did she tell me to tell you if you showed up." He thought for a moment. "She thought maybe you could meet her, she left a letter." He went to look for the message.

Qui-Gon stood at the door feeliing like a chump as the man rummaged thrugh the mess he'd made of Nengan's appartment.

"Uh yhea, here is where you can contact her." The man handed him the note. " I think she wanted you to go to the set or something, if you could."

Qui-Gon just looked more confused, she wanted him to go where she was working.

"I think she's fond of you eh?" The man said. "Not everyone she gives the o.k. to go to the set. The directors don't like it when she brings her 'frends' to the set."

The man had said this in such a way as to insiuate that Qui-Gon was not the only 'friend' she had. He wasn't sure he liked being called for like some dog either. Still he wanted to give her another chance. He'd call and let her make her case, but not untill tomorrow. He was having a hard time keeping a fair mind as he kept getting flashes of Nengan and this man there now in a lip wrestling match.

"Are you an actor as well?" He asked.

"Yhea, you don't know me?" The man puffed out his chest like the jedi should recognize him.

"I'm afraid I don't see to many holo-films."

"Well you should have seen me and Nenny's last one. She's quite a kisser."

"Uh yhea." Qui-Gon fooled himself once more into thinking what he had seen was part of some acting job Nengan had had. Or at least he hoped it was. He left wondering what to do. For all the mounting evidence that the woman thought of him as just another in a long line, he was still infactuated by her. She was the first and, untill the night with Kinomi, the only woman he'd been with. He also still had it in his mind that he could get her to comit to him and forget the others.

Oh the things a young man will believe when he thinks he's in love.
    (TBC)

18. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Qui-Gon figured he was not going to sit around thinking about Nengan. He had heard from some of his friends at the temple that Kinomi was really making a go of the place she had won. They were going to go there that night, He was going to join them. When he heard what she had named the club he was suprised. For someone trying to forget about being a jedi and the temple she had sure picked an odd name. The name of the x-jedi's club was 'The Mind Trick'.

When he arrived he found the once run down dive turned into a happening upscale place for people to meet and have fun. Apparently she had picked up a partner along the way. A young woman who had connections to some of Coruscants up and coming bands who were looking for a place to play and hopefully be 'discovered.' This braught in more business than Kinomi had ever dreamed it would. The place was a little bit louder than Qui-Gon's taste, but it wan't long before he found his friends.

"Jinn!" They called, and waved "Over here."

He joined them at the table they were at.

"Would you ever think to look for us in a place like this?" Nev Nett, a young knight who had known Qui-Gon for ten years or more greeted.

"No, I wouldn't."

"I still think this is a bad idea." The younger strait laced padawan Mace Windu added as he sat strait as a pin. "My Master would not approve."

"There's not much your master does approve of." Sand Lals a young woman padawan said.

Mace's eyes narrowed.

"What better place to learn how to resist temtation," Jai-Den another young knight grinned. "then in a den of iniquity?"

"It's hardly that." Nev huffed. "A little rough around the edges, but far from a pallace of sin."

"No but is it a good idea for padawan's to be here?"

"Well they go everywhere elce with us."

"Yhea we're old enough." Sand pouted.

"I know your old enough." Qui-Gon said. "You are however in training."

"Oh, here we go." Jai-Den "The big bad rebel is really just an old fuddy duddy master in disgise."

"What ever, I didn't bring them here. If they get into trouble, you're the ones who'll have to explain."

"How much trouble could Windy Mace get into?"

"You never know."
    (TBC)

19. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
  20. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    I know you're out there.

21. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Hmmm, does that last question mean that there is trouble (and adventure) coming up soon?

22. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    "Oh the things a young man will believe when he thinks he's in love."

and

"The big, bad rebel is really just an old fuddy duddy master in disguise."

Loved those lines Jodiwent!!

23. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
  24. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    LOVE IT!!
    :D

25. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    This was posted by mistake, IM-ing my bro and hit this instead. I only had three sentences written when he IM-ed me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.