main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Beer Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Jan 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Maybe we could hit a bowling alley sometime. Last time that worked out pretty well. Move it back to North County ;)

2. kddidit

kddidit Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2003
    Hi, everyone! We did a late night cosmic bowl with a group from work. It was from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. and a great time was had by all.

3. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    Bowling sounds like fun. What's the deal with cosmic bowling? Is it anything like Vegas bowling where they pay out on certain frames?

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Never heard of it, sounds good though. Do we want to try that for the next event? Crest Bowl in No Co might be good.

5. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    I'd be up for giving it try.

6. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I love bowling...not good at it...but I love it!

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Do we want to make that Feburary's meeting then?

8. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    Ok, about when do you think this is going to happen, because I would like to meet you guys...I'm over here in Columbia, though. I need a little advance warning. I need my SW society fix, I think.

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Alright, bowling it is. I don't know if a Friday or a Saturday might be better this time. We have to consider leagues and all that. The 20-21 weekend or the 27-28 weekend both look promising. I'm going to start a new thread for our monthly "socials" so let's discuss it there.

10. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Beer Meeting around the 25th, 26th of June? If we go to Show Me's anyone can go, if we decide to go somewhere else, maybe not.

This will NOT replace the regular meeting.

11. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    As you might expect...I'll be there. BEER me. Although I should take it easy on the dart playing. My muscles in my arm were so sore 2 days later, and also, you have to use the muscle under your breast...who knew?

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    If we do it on a Friday I won't be able to move my arms to play anyway. Sword fighting with Jon's group really kills me. I couldn't move my arms from Thursday to today. That's four full days of pain, God what fun. Trust me Diva, I discovered tons of new muscles.

I'm thinking of broadening my drink list at this beer meet. Need to try new things.

13. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    Hooray for beer meetings. My intake has been low lately, my liver's been starting to throw temper tantrums. Must feed him the nectar!

14. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Could we do it like the first weekend in July? I'm gonna be in Florida from June 18th - 26th. And...ya know...I cannot miss a beer meeting.

15. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    The 2nd or the 3rd of July sure. I can't from the 10th to the 18th, as I will be in DC.

16. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    I'm still game! Let me know when.

17. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003

If we do it on a Friday I won't be able to move my arms to play anyway. Sword fighting with Jon's group really kills me. I couldn't move my arms from Thursday to today. That's four full days of pain, God what fun. Trust me Diva, I discovered tons of new muscles.

You are learning Padawan... ;) Believe me, you get over the muscle pain, and it's like an addiction. A very good one...

I can't wait until I am 21, then I can go to these beer meetings. :D

18. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    If we're gonna meet at Show-me's, age isn't a problem. Come on down and some (yelch!!) non-alcoholic beverages!

19. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    Ok, guys, I really want to do one of these things.
    I will be moving back to STL this month (done with the college phase of life, whee), so the July date sounds better to me if anybody cares. I didn't live in the area long at all before I went to Columbia, so I may need guidance or a ride; I'm a bit of a tourist still. (Gah. I feel a tad like a baby now.)
    What usually goes down when you meet,anyway?

20. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    JCF, as Time said, all ages are welcome there so feel free to join us.

-E-, usually we just hang out, drink beer (or whatever) and talk about crap. Star Wars, movies, families, crap. Good fun, especially if you don't know the area, come down get to know us and we can show you around ;)

21. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Oh, ok! Maybe I will go to one of these then. Probably not the one coming up though, I spent most of last night with my friends and (hopefully!!) my soon to be girlfriend :D, then we came back to my house and hung out for a while before she left. I was up till past midnight. That was later than the cast party for Faire. My parents aren't really liking it, they told me they don't want me going to places late at night for a while. Probably only a week or so. ;)

Are these things at night, or late afternoon?

22. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Night. Usually about 7, 8 o'clock we start, and go till Randy makes me leave.

23. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    It's always until Randy makes you leave! Whats up with that? JK! ;)

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    He likes to think he's boss sometimes. I gotta let him live sometimes I guess. I usually get at least another hour out of him ;)

25. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    I say the same thing about my wife.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.