main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Beer Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Jan 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    Since these are beer meetings, how do you guys solve the transportation condundrum? I take it everybody's on their own; I haven't seen anything to the contrary.
    Can't exactly just call Stripes out there (S'pose I could, and give them, "like, the biggest tip ever .")

2. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    Did we decide, 2nd or 3rd?

I'd offer a ride, but I don't know what time I'll be going home or if I'll be stopping into other establishments after Show-me's.

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    We haven't. Preference? Where about are you again E?

4. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    Oh, I'll be in Ballwin. I live off Clayton and 141.
    As far as my date preference, the later, the better. I'd like to be completely moved so's I can relax without a little guilt gremlin whispering in my ear.

5. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    Gah.
    Nevermind;my move got pushed back to the 3rd. I guess theoretically I could still make it, but...
    I think the Fates are conspiring to keep me from the beer meetings.

6. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    -E-, you could always spend the 4th with us at Tim's place. Well hell, after all that moving on the 3rd you should need a drink break. Let us know either way, so we know if we should look for you or not.

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I just realized that the 3rd, the fair is happening. The Landing will be a total mess. Do we still want to chance it or would we rather change something. The way I see it if we decide to change something we have 3 options.

1)Move the party to Union Station they have a couple nice bars there. I hear Kriegers is nice. It will still be a little nutty, but not as bad as the Landing.

2)Move the date to the 9th (I will be gone the 10th for DC, and I don't want to miss it) and keep it at the Landing.

3)Have a new location all together that someone else suggests. Either state is fine by me, I just don't know Illinois all that well to suggest anywhere (beyond Fast Eddies that is).

8. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    There is a Show Me's over here in Fairview Heights!

9. SiriusIsBack

SiriusIsBack Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2004
    WOO WOO! WOO WOO!

-MS MS 18

10. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Works for me!

11. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    Show-Me's in Fairview Heights. Brilliant!!!

It's only right down the road. Excellent idea Diva!

Also, the party on the fourth. I honestly wasn't thinking of it as an "official or unofficial" meeting. It's something I do with my friends and family every year and wanted to invite you guys as well!

Last couple of years, the kiddies took sole possesion of the T.V. and playstation, so watching any Star Wars goodies would have to wait until late in the evening. (Quite honestly - I'll probably be snookered by then)

The party is more of a "sit around, guys insulting each other, drinking and playing washers" kind of party. The more alcohol that is consumed - the more rude the insults get - the worse the washer playing gets.

One other issue - my deck was supposed to be done by now. And they're just starting it. But, the show must go on now. Say a little prayer they get it done before Sat.

12. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    Oh, well..F.Heights is a bit out of my way; an extra two 45-55 min drives isn't how I think I'll spend the evening I move. I would like to go still and meet you guys, but that might have to wait some more. I'll keep dropping by here to check what fun stuff there'll be later.

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    That stinks -E-! I really wanted to meet you! But at least we have these thinkg quite often so we will get another chance really soon. We still have the normal July meeting comign up, and I'm sure we'll have another beer meeting in August.

So meet there about 7? I'll have to call Eric and inform him of the change in plans.

14. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    7:00pm July 3rd right? I took off work Thurs, Fri, and Sat this week. I should be able to make it on time even!

Good news on the deck front! It's looking like it will be finished (fingers crossed) barring an act of God.

BTW, I took off to finish the painting the garage. (Drywall is up, it's taped and mudded (ed)) I have a couple of extra rollers if anybody wants to head over earlier and do a little painting. It's great fun!!! :)

15. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I'll help you if you help me! We're doing the living room, kitchen and hallway soon (it's a tiny house, not much work there).

What time does your 4th thing start on? I have to tutor early that day. Damn, the things I do for money.

16. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    4:00 - 5:00pm ish

Deck is complete!!!!

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    YEAH!!!!!

Damn OPPM bug.

18. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Will your party go late into the evening?...cause I have to take the kids to see fireworks in Mascoutah at 9:30. Then I can dump them of with ma Dad!

19. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    It has been known to last into the morning hours. Usually it just depends on who shows up and who stays.

20. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Diva where were you?

Great Beer meeting. Just hope I don't have a hang-over...

21. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    I'm so sorry. My husband was supposed to babysit when he got home from work, but he didn't come home until 11:15pm. I guess it just goes to show ya ...don't have a meeting too close to me or I can't make it. I seem to get to the ones farther away. :)

22. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    You really do. Want to have another one in August?

23. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    What do you think?....uh ...ya!

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Beer meet the 30th or 31st of July?

25. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Talked to -E-, she can't make one this month. Hows about we delay it to the 21st or 28th of August?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.