main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Beer Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Jan 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    Sorry I missed it. We turned off the phone when the wedding started and didn't remember it until the next morning.

Wasn't in any condition to drive anyway! ;)

Where did you move it to that night?

2. kancerman

kancerman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2004
    Will the next be on the Illinois side of things??

3. kancerman

Jul 9, 2004
    Cuz if the next Beermania is in IL ... It's "Welcome to my parlor said the spider to the fly" Time!
    LOL

4. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    We ended up going to the Landing at @11:00 and went to a bar called The Drink. I saw things that I didn't think were legal to do in a public place...I was in shock. I think I'm more of a Show Me's kind of girl. ;) My cousin was down here trying out for American Idol. Hopefully she'll go far...she's good. Her name is Jessie Normile...look for her on the telly.

5. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    [obligatory line]She cute?[/obligatory line]

6. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Tim- First we moved it to Union Station then over Eric's place.

Mike- It looks like that will be the case. Or at least somewhere that is not the Landing.

Amy- Sounds like you had an interesting night, sorry we missed you. Let me know how your cousin does.

Jon- How typical ;)

7. kancerman

Jul 9, 2004
    Well, since it is getting to be next week ...
    Do you have a when and a where yet??

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Since I believe River Splash will be over by then we can do the Landing on the 28th of this month. Same time and place as usual.

9. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    I'm going to be in Memphis. But I'll raise my glass to you guys from Beile (sp?) Street!!!!!

10. kancerman

Jul 9, 2004
    hopefully River Splash will be over by then ...
    In other news ... I was in a bicycle accident Sunday the 15th ... I am ok ... but boy did it hurt! Hit the front brake of the bike real hard and took a flying leap over the handlebars and did a chinplant to concrete ... by God nothing else is at all broken, just bruises ...
    Laters

11. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Man Tim, you keep skipping out on us lately.

Mike, this is a couple days late sorry, how'd you manage this? Accidents stink, I hope you are alright!

12. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    I know - my uncle past away last Friday. It's not a bad thing (that sounds bad), he's been in a lot of pain for a long time, so now he and his family don't have to suffer with that.

With that happening, I had a bunch of relatives in town over the weekend and just couldn't get away. I did enjoy several beers with my cousins, who I haven't seen in ages.

Next beer meeting, I plan on attending. Hopefully, no "unforeseens" will get my way. You know I like my beer!!

13. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    I think I'll make this meeting (finally!). I'm not too familiar with the area yet, so I may hafta bum a ride either from one of you guys or someone I decide to bring with me (don't worry, my friends are real cool and laid back). Plus, since it's the weekend of my B-day, I have a feeling driving won't be on my itinerary! ;)

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Yea -E- is coming!! If you need a ride of some sort just let us know.

15. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    Not saying it should be moved, however, if there were to be..... oh I don't know...... say.... another beer meeting the first week of September? I think I could make it.

Like I said, for this one, the wife and I are getting away for the weekend. (you gotta do it every once in a while to keep you sane) (as if I'm anything close to sane) But I will be thinking of you guys from Memphis.

Does Memphis have a Fan Force?

16. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    Ah, it seems Memphis is the force busting up the meetings.
    I just got back from there. They *should* have a fanforce....
    Go see the Dempsey's while you're there. Tell them Elizabeth from STL sent you. Seriously.
    /Newly obsessed. [face_blush]

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I wouldn't be opposed to moving it to the 4th of Septemeber if that's alright with everyone else. I don't think that Diva can make it next weekend either. Would the 4th work for the rest of you?

18. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    I guess I can live with that.

Since all my buddies will be back at school by then, I may in fact bum a ride of someone in that case. I'm stuck in STL, needing to make new friends already!
    /Seriously nothing to do in this part of town + Uppity people = -E- needs to move out, already.

19. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I could possibly make it the 4th. My mom will be down here that weekend also, but she's coming alone. That means she might be up for a night on the town if Tim gets home early enough to babysit, or she could become the babysitter.

20. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    Correction.
    Labor Day weekend, I'll be out of the state again.

/Starting to think you guys are putting me on.

21. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! It can't be!!! -E-, we keep running into walls here. I'm trying to get you out to one of these. Are you leaving Friday night or Saturday? We can always switch days if you want. Would the 18th or 25th work for you? We can always have another ;)

EDIT: Do we want to try Tim's suggestion of having meetings at the same time every month? Like the 3rd Saturday or something like that?

22. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    Well, I may be gone as early as Thurs., but definately by Friday. I think my travel plans are going to remain haphazard for awhile; such is the life of a new graduate.
    I guess I can try for one of those later weekends.I mean, what else am I gonna do?

23. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    So when's it gonna be? It looks like a got some new beer drinking Star Wars fans to meet. (Which, by the wat, are my favorite people in the whole wide world

24. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    Yes you do! (And we love you to, in a heterosexual, beer-drinking kind of way!) So when is it? (actually still not sure WHAT it is, but beer was mentioned.....)

25. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    We can have one on the 4th if everyone else can make it. We can always do one later in the month if we want. Beer Meetings are fun.

KOB Beer Meetings are just some of us getting together drinking beer (or whatever) and talking about SW, tf.n, and all that. Always a good time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.