main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Bee's art thread (new art 10-4, Luke!)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Bamboleo, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bamboleo

Bamboleo Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2005
    new for 10 -04:

Luke

new stuff! :) as of 10 - 03

Luminara Unduli
    Luminara Unduli 2
    Barriss Offee
    Shaak Ti
    Shaak Ti 2
    Young Boba Fett
    Young Boba Fett 2
    Greedo

Chewy sketch 1
    Boba Fett sketch 2
    CRAZY VADER!
    sweet palpi sketch
    R2 sketch 2
    Darth Maul Sketch 2
    wicket sketch 2
    CUTE CHEWY!

Aurra Sing

Darth Vader in Watercolor

Hi everybody :) I'm very new.... new to this place, new to star wars art... so I hope I'm doing this right. You may all throw things at me for my newbness. I was directed over here by hyper-space on deviantart.com, and I love this site! I have some art to share.

First let me explain the reason behind the sketches... if you feel like giving me constructive criticism that is ok, but I already know they're not perfect and I'm a sensitive little Sith so be gentle if you absolutely have to tell me things that are wrong. OR, you could just say hi. :)

I did all of these pencil sketches within the past week or so, because I'm trying to put together a surprise for my best friend... so I was rushing a bit... they're not like, 5 minute quick, but quick for me because I didnt sit and obsess and fix things. I just did enough to capture the character and then moved on to the next..... as I got to the last few though, I started to put more and more detail in. I can't ever seem to keep things simple!

Darth Maul
    Vader 1
    Vader 2
    Yoda
    Luke
    R2D2
    Anakin
    Leia
    Mace Windu
    SW Logo
    Han Solo
    Wicket
    Palpatine
    Bail Organa
    Watto
    Young Ben
    Boba Fett
    C3PO 1
    C3PO 2

phew! thats a lot of links. I hope I did that right. :) I also have two other drawings that I did which weren't for that sketch project...

Vader in ink
    [link=http://www.deviantart.com/deviation

2. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Hi :)

It took me a while to look through all of your sketches, but it was worth it! These are all wonderful. You do a great job at capturing likenesses and you also handle metal surfaces very well. I think I liked the sketches of Watto (fantastic job on his wings!) and the SW logo the best.

But...I also really liked the C3PO and the last Vader in ink. It's too hard to pick a favorite, I like them all! :p

I hope you continue to share more of your lovely work with us and welcome to the forum!

3. TroubledAnakin

TroubledAnakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2004
    I'm glad you're here! This is definitely the place for you! *is the head honcho of Hyper-Space* I can't believe you did these all 'quickly'. I'd love to see what you could do with a lot of time on your hands!

*spins* So welcome to TFN! These people will keep you in compliments until their dying days, I think. These are great people, with splendid art.

Hope to see some more from you soon!

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    A big welcome to the Fan Art forum, Bamboleo! It's great to have you! :D

Your art is particularly awesome! I can't believe you consider all of those drawings "quick sketches." You managed to capture a great likeness and wonderful values in each of them. They really look complete to me. Of course, there's always room to continue to tinker with them, but I think they look great the way they are!

And that Vader in ink - wow! At first glance, I really thought it was a photograph and then after clicking the thumbnail, I realized that you created that effect with very fine pen marks. Just looking at all the line work makes me crazy! 8-} You sure have patience, I have to give you that. ;)

I also really enjoy the final Anakin done in graphite. You did a wonderful job encompassing the entire environment. And once again, Anakin's likeness is spot on! Wonderful job and I can't wait to see what else you have to share! :D

5. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Welcome to the forum! :)

I'm very new.... new to this place, new to star wars art... so I hope I'm doing this right. You may all throw things at me for my newbness.

I know exactly how you feel. I myself was jittery about my first post, but this is a great friendly community. Nobody bites. ;)

Wow. As Obi-Dawn-Kenobi said, you did well on their likenesses - "Bail Organa" and "Young Ben" are perfect, IMO (not saying that the others aren't good though). It's very impressive since you consider these to be sketches. The amount of detail you put into them are excellent.

If I had to pick a favourite, I think it would be "Vader in ink". The light reflecting off his helmet is beautiful. The same goes for the rest of his armoured costume, It's just that the helmet is immediately what catches my eye. (Guess I better eat a cookie if I know what's good for me.)

- Oh and I just want to quickly say that I love that picture of Hayden titled "Smoldering". You did a great job.

- Suz ^_~

6. DarthMaul431

DarthMaul431 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2003
    Welcome to the Fan Art Forum Bamboleo! I'm glad you like it here and I must say your work is really good, particularly Darth Maul's (I'll leave it to you to figure out why ;)). If you consider this art to be fast, I can't wait to see the ones you did take time to draw and fix-up!

Great job and I hope to see more soon!

7. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Hey, welcome.

That's a very impressive collection of sketches! You've got good likenesses and a a great range of values in each image. I really like the work you did on the two C-3P0s, especially. It's hard to create convincing metal texture with a pencil, but you managed it very well.

The 'Star Wars Logo' one is also very compelling. That must have been time-consuming, but the finished image looks great. Very nice work on the whole collection!

8. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    That's a great collection of drawings, you really know what you are doing. I think that the Leia sketch is my favourite. Welcome to the forum.

9. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I've been wanting to drop a comment in here and finally have time to do so--Thank The Maker!!!

I love your work, Bee!!! I went all the way through your list, and just kept having to pick my teeth up off the floor...awesome drawings!!

I agree with everyone that's mentioned your ability to capture likenesses, and your skill with shading is just stunning--beautiful rich contrasts, and such smoothness with the really dark tones--and the way you render "flare," as on the lightsabers and metals, is just fabulous! I really love the Bail Organa portrait, the "young Ben" and the ones of Vader are just beautiful--the one with all the reflections on the shiny helmet is especially gorgeous. If these pieces are for a larger work, we'll all be on pins and needles waiting to see how it comes together. Please, please keep on posting--this is just amazing work!

Oh, and welcome to the Fan Art Forum!!

FF

10. Bamboleo

Bamboleo Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2005
    I cannot believe the warm, inviting, supportive amazing atmosphere here. Thank you all so very much for your kind words... I was so scared at first!

Obi-Dawn Kenobi, thank you for your welcoming words and your compliments. Also for taking the time to go through all the links, that was so nice of you! I just hoped people could find a favorite character on the list and take a look :)

TroubledAnakin, THANK YOU AGAIN for steering me over here!!!! This place has just lifted my spirits and inspired me to do more art.

HanSolo29, thank you ! The Vader pen drawing, I scribbled most of that! HAHAHA my technique in making those fine pen marks was not very precise...because I don't have the patience to work on a piece for very long. But I like how it turned out :) and it was a fun release, I just really scratched that piece of paper with that pen! haha
    Thank you for the welcome as well!

Your_Worshipfulness, I'm glad you understand the jitters I had! Established communities sometimes have strong bonds and unspoken rules and I was terrified... Thank you for all you said about the portraits and the vader in ink piece, ANDDDDDD for finding the "smoldering" hayden drawing as well! That's one of my favorite pieces right now.

DarthMaul431, I just can't figure why you'd like Darth Maul the best! ;) That was the first one I did...which is sad because as I went along I started to slip and take more time than I intended so his is one of the least detailed, but I think it looks neat that way. Just wanted to tell you that the lack of detail was in no way a sign of disrespect towards Mr. Maul. HAHAHA! :)

Wicktone, let me just say that I browsed through some of your work and I was blown away! What a creative mind you have. Thank you so much for your compliments.

soitscometothis, thank you for the welcome! and for what you said about the leia portrait. I love her eyes in that one :)

FalconFan, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I'm glad you mentioned that you like the light sabers, I cannot wait to explore drawing and painting them more. Sadly those drawings are not going to be pieced together for one giant piece, rather as a collection for my best friend.... BUT, I promise to do many more things. :) thank you for the welcome.

I have one more thing to say! I have a new painting to share. To all the artists out there, isn't it a great feeling to finish a piece that you feel good about? That's how I feel right now. Just nicely content.

Here is the link:

Darth Vader in Watercolor

11. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    Welcome to the forum! :)

I really love your sketches... you achieve such great likeness for sketches, and I can imagine just how fantastic your drawings would be if you put even more time into them.

There's no way I could decide a favourite out of your sketches. They each have their own good qualities that I can't compare.

I LOVE that Vader watercolour piece. The shine on his suit is well done and all the folds and shadows you created in his cloak adds to it even more. You have amazing drawing and painting skills. :cool: You're definatetly an artist I'll be keeping my eye on.

12. TroubledAnakin

TroubledAnakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2004
    I think you got the gist of my stunned reply on DeviantArt - but still! That piece is just so thoroughly wonderful! *dies*

13. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    I have one more thing to say! I have a new painting to share. To all the artists out there, isn't it a great feeling to finish a piece that you feel good about? That's how I feel right now. Just nicely content.

Yes. Yes it is. :)

I just wish I felt like that more often. [face_laugh]

...and hoo boy, do you ever deserve to feel that way right now. That is by far my new favorite from you. That shine that you've applied to his arms, gloves, and pants is just remarkable. It sort of looks like tin-foil in a way. Nice work on the little control panel doo-hickey thingy on the front of his suit (Forgive me, but I have no idea how else to refer it as) This fantastic piece of art belongs framed up on a wall.

Just out of curiosity, how large is this piece?

- Suz ^_~

14. Bamboleo

Bamboleo Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2005
    dashleebo, thank you so much! I hope to have many more bigger completed pieces to share soon... I wish I could sprout more hands to draw with, I have so many ideas! haha Thank you about the watercolor piece as well! :)

TroubledAnakin, was that you being enthusiastic? :) :) ;) hehe.. Thank you so much!!!

Your_Worshipfulness... it is already in a frame on my wall!!! HAHa It barely had time to enjoy being dry and up in a frame it went. It is 11 x 14. :) And don't worry, even being a vader-nut I don't know what the box thing is called. AHAHA I know what you're talking about though. Thank you for the compliment on him being shiny as well, I wanted him to just bounce light and glow. I'm still content!!!! But a little bummed, because I have a non-star wars commission to finish before I can go back to my fan art. *whine whine whine*

15. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    it is already in a frame on my wall!!! HAHa It barely had time to enjoy being dry and up in a frame it went.

...I have an eye for these things, lol. :p I bet it looks most excellent. :)

But a little bummed, because I have a non-star wars commission to finish before I can go back to my fan art. *whine whine whine*

That is a bit of a downer, but more so for selfish reasons, I'm afraid. As now you'll be keeping me in a state of anticipation for your next piece. (though I suspect others feel this way too) :p

Good luck on the commision! Hope it goes by like a breeze ;)

- Suz ^_~

16. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek::_|
    =D==D=

**goes hunting in vain for the scattered pages of the tattered and overused thesaurus, looking for words that mean 'awesome'**

"Vader in Watercolors" is astounding, Bee!!! I just couldn't close my mouth when it came up on the screen, and then zooming it to get a closer look took way too long (darned dial-up connection!! [face_frustrated] )--I'm speechless!! Not to mention my thesaurus is a complete wreck now, with all the fantastic art we're getting here in our forum... ;)
    I can't get over how real he looks: the movement, the shine, the entire thing is just amazing! It made me want to duck, with his lightsaber swinging like that!!! What an awesome painting--and I can't believe you got watercolors to look like that--all sharp and clear and not running together into, as wicktone has so carefully and concisely complained, "a muddy mess." Just....
    **runs looking for the thesaurus pages that fell out with words that mean 'fabulous'**

...Beautiful...

FF

17. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    WOW just wow, i've never seen such a beautiful selection of work, on nearly someones first post, in one sitting!

Do you do cruiser concept art too?

Arsnl

18. Bamboleo

Bamboleo Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2005
    your_worshipfulness, oh I wish the commission had gone faster than it did! I almost lost my mind there for a moment hehe! BUT I'M BACK!

FalconFan, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! It means so much to me, all these compliments coming from fellow artists :) I don't think I use watercolors the right way...when I try to get them to look like watercolor they do end up looking like a muddy mess :) so I'll just keep on doing it my own strange way! thank you again :-D for the smile and the confidence boost.

Darth_Arsnl, THANK YOU as well :) :) I have never done cruiser concept art, but it sounds like fun! ha! I'm probably better off with portraits though I would imagine, since I have more experience. I might make a speeder look like a guinea pig. haha

ANYWAY......NEW ART! VERY EXCITING. this time digitally created. I just can't stick with a medium can I :)

Aurra Sing

enjoy! :)

19. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    Ohhhooh! :eek: Aurra is excellent. Is that your first digital painting? I don't know much about her, but she looks fantastic! The tones are well done. I really like the hair, and the small jacket, and the rifle, and the face... :D I'm not sure about the background though. It does seem a bit too overwelming and distracting, but maybe that's just me.

20. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    WOAH!

Thats awesome, non of my digital art ever looks that good!

You are a very talented artist, and such a variety of techiniques, artwork. wow. just wow.

I'll be back! :p

Arsnl

21. Bamboleo

Bamboleo Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2005
    Thank you so much!!! I didn't know anything about her at first, but I wanted to join in on the art contest that I did it for so I did some research and ended up loving the character. It's not my first digital painting, first star wars digital painting! hhehe! I don't do digital art very often though because I like to have a piece that I can hold in my hands..... I guess I could print it. bwaha! Not the same though. I wanted to do this kind of fast though....and digital tends to go a bit faster (for me anyway, no paint to get all over or pencils to wrangle) ha. I LOVE painting this way though. How I wish I had an "undo" button in real life lol

The background is overwhelming a bit... I think perhaps because it was a seperate piece that I just incorporated? Because it was originally meant to stand alone, it may still come through too strong... overall though I like it, and now that I've gotten to know Aurra Sing a little better I hope I win! (haha, the prize is a Aurra Sing uleashed figure)

22. Bamboleo

Bamboleo Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2005
    AHHHHH thank you too Darth_Arsnl! :) You were responding while I was rambling a reply! hahaha

23. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    GAH!!
    Another digital master is among us here in Fan Art!!
    **runs to hide under her tablets and tortillons**

;) :p

What a fantastic piece, Bee!! I just love her pose here--it's just perfect for her character. The details are beautiful--I'm especially loving the way you've defined the muscles in her arms, the shadowing for the light you've used is just gorgeous! The look on her face is pure Aurra Sing--sort of a "get ready to get blasted" kind of attitude, but still casual--she knows her business, and is confident she'll succeed! What a great rendering! As to the background, I really like that too: the sky might be softened a bit, but I love the colors and the ribbon of water snaking in around her feet, reflecting that irridescent sky!

I sure hope you win that contest--this is definitely deserving of first place! =D=

FF

24. durty_mynock

durty_mynock Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    hello and welcome to you Bamboleo...I find your work really well maid! (my favorite sketch is Watto...he looks so expressive :p)
    I just wanted to ask you, how many time does it usually take to you to make one sketch?

25. Bamboleo

Bamboleo Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2005
    Thank you so so much Falcon Fan! Yeah I definitely wanted her attitude to come through in her face and her posture.... she's just very sure of the fact that she could blast you right off the planet. hahaha! I have rally grown to love her. Thank you thank you :) :) :)

durty_mynock, thank you too! Some of those sketches took about a half hour..... but the c3po, and the boba fett probably took over an hour. I just couldn't stand the thought of simplifying them..haha! People have different definitions of sketches, i have found... I kind of think of it as anything done quickly that has an unfinished quality to it.... :):)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.