main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Before Disney and After Disney! (BD & AD) New measurement of time.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by gemillie, Dec 30, 2015.

1. gemillie

gemillie Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2015
    On the Star Wars wikia, it has been discussed on whether to create this new measurement of time in the Star Wars universe. The pertains to the saga as a whole and the EU before Disney bought star wars and after.

Wondered what everyone thought?

2. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    It's not hard to do some research to figure out what's pre Disney and what's not. Basically all late 2014 stuff onwards is Disney.

Legends already covers the EU and you can easily see that the original 6 films are unified and separate from Disney's material/

3. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    ^ Umm, no.

That's a ridiculous in-universe time measurement scale because it has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

The official Canonical timeline now starts with The Phantom Menace, so if there's going to be an arbitrary fan-created time measurement device used, it really ought to be based around the climactic battle of that movie (the Battle of Naboo) the same way that the Legends time measurement scale was based around the Battle of Yavin.

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Right now, TPM is first. But that won't last long because there will eventually be material from before TPM that will show up.

ObiWanKnowsMe and Force Smuggler like this.
  5. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I know what 6 films existed before the Disney deal, I have seen all 6 hundreds of times. I have never seen the 6 Star Wars on Blu Ray yet though. That's my next move in 5 to 10 years.