main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Before the Dawn - Ep III - Updated 4/15

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sara_Kenobi, Mar 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Title: Before the Dawn
    Summary: This is based on what could happen in Episode 3.
    Category: PT, Slight AU.
    Date Started: March 20th, 2003
    Author: Sara Kenobi
    Notes: Vader will be in this story, but later on.

I'm going to let this story go. I've just lost interest in it. Sorry.

STAR WARS EPISODE III: BEFORE THE DAWN

BY SARA KENOBI

~~

The Nubian Ship flew softly into Coruscant Space, leaving Senator Amidala with a sense of hope and longing that would soon be over.

She was going to see Anakin again.

It had been twelve weeks since he had left their home on Naboo to join Obi-Wan Kenobi on a mission for the Jedi Council.

It had also been twelve weeks since she had been told the most wonderful news of her life.

Padme was pregnant with twins.

It was something both suprising and unexpected.

Padme and Anakin had only briefly discussed having children when they were on their honeymoon. It was something that Anakin was for greatly, but he thought it best they should wait until after the war settled down, and his trials were completed. That way they would both have all the time in the world for any children that would come along.

But sometimes things changed. Sometimes things didn't wait.

Padme vowed to tell her husband before he got the chance to tell the Jedi Council of their marriage. They would be busy answering way to many questions once that took place, and she wouldn't have the chance to tell him the news in private.

Also the Chancellor wanted to speak with her on Naboo's stance in the current siduation. Queen Jamilla had so far highly been against any movement of military clones on the lush green lawns of Naboo. The Queen claimed there was no reasons why the Republic should have a Clone Army to defeat one enemy.

Padme had to agree with her. So did many others in the Galaxy.

"Senator Amidala, it's almost time to land," said Captain Tarkin, a newcomer to the Royal Guards of Naboo. He was young and strong in his leadership of the men and women under him. But there was something about him that Padme had to respect.

"Thank you, Captain," Senator Amidala smiled. "Tell Dorme that I'll be right out."

"Of course, Senator," Tarkin bowed and left quickly from her state cabin.

It was time to go.

~~

2. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
  3. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Lol! Thanks Diamond! ;)

4. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO

Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2002
    So far so good! I look forward to seeing what you do with it!

5. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    "I wish you'd reconsider this, Milady," Dorme pleaded softly, as the Senator Amidala emerged from her Cabin to join their party in readying to leave the Ship.

"There's nothing to reconsider, Dorme," Padme told her friend. "I'm not here on some diplomatic mission this time. I'm only here to visit my husband. There's no need for you to take my place on this visit." The Senator argued.

"But please, Senator," Dorme pleaded. "The last attack had been a suprise too. We hadn't been ready for either."

Padme briefly flashed to the arrival of her last visit to Imperial City. Someone had payed a dear price for her thinking that nothing would happen. That someone was no longer with them. Did she really want that to happen again?

But if she kept second guessing herself, where would that place them all? Right back into Darth Sidious' hands.

Darth Sidious.

She had discovered from Anakin that had been the name of the person behind the Trade Federation's attack on Naboo nearly eleven years ago when she had ruled as Queen. He had also been the person working the Republic into his mold for the last eleven years.

The Jedi felt there was much more to everything, and so did she.

Dorme and Captain Tarkin were the first to exit the Ship. Padme was the last behind five of her Handmaidens. Each walked along so that she was shielded perfectly in a circle of the young women.

Padme was suprised when her group suddenly stopped and she hered a familiar voice.

"Senator Amidala, I was unaware that you'd be visiting Coruscant this morning," High Chancellor Palpatine said warmly.

"I did not expect you until later this afternoon," the Chancellor continued. "It's been sometime since I seen you last, so I thought I'd be the first to greet you personally."

Padme forced her brightest smile, "Why thank you, Chancellor. It has been sometime since my last visit. I've been away from the Senate on personal leave. The Jedi thought it would be best."

"Oh, I'm sorry to learn that," Palpatine said. His fake concern was obvious. "I trust that you're well?"

"Very much so," Padme continued smoothly. "I've been spending some time with my family. With my career in the Senate I rarely am blessed with the chance to see any of them."

"I can understand that, Senator," Palpatine smiled. "Perhaps it's best you reconsider the amount of time you spend away from home. Our people need you there as well, Amidala."

"So what is it that you wished to speak with me about?" Padme pressed gently. She hoped if she got it out of him now, she could go directly to Anakin after leaving the Landing Platform as she had first planned too.

"We can discuss that in my Office," Palpatine smiled. "A Landing Platform is hardly the place for a private conversation, Senator."

"Of course," Padme agreed coolly.

Anakin would have to wait.

"Concentrate," Master Yoda urged softly.

His class of Younglings was mixed from every race in the galaxy it seemed. Each student listened to the sound of the old Jedi's voice carefully.

"Stretch out with your feelings," Yoda beamed with deep pride.

Yoda's attention caught sight of Obi-Wan Kenobi after Obi-Wan had stood in the doorway for a time, watching the class in wonder and awe. Obi-Wan never got over how easy it all seemed for Yoda as he instructed so many students in one lesson.

Obi-Wan had a difficult time with only just one.

"Class, Master Obi-Wan is here to see us," Yoda chimed, giving a slight chuckle under his breath. "Come, come"

Yoda watched as the Jedi students falled in line, and then looked up to the tired looking Obi-Wan Kenobi. A look that seemed to never leave Obi-Wan since his Padawan had returned from Naboo.

"What is it that you wish, Obi-Wan, hmm?" Yoda smiled, then giving another small chuckle.

"Actually, Master Yoda," Obi-Wan began softly. "I was hoping to speak with you after your class ended. I did not mean to stop the lesson."

Yoda gav

6. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Nooooooooooooo!

Hope it gets happier - up!

JS

7. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thanks Jazz.

Look for the next update by Tuesday. :)

8. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000

Padme Amidala followed Chancellor Palpatine to his Office: first getting a tour of his stately Suite and taking in
    the sight of beautiful art that layered it's walls from their home world Naboo.

Padme sat down without being invited and asked the question that had been on her mind since the Landing
    Platform, "What is it that you wished to speak with me about, Chancellor?" She asked softly.

Palpatine smiled and took his time sitting down as she had, "I wanted to be the first to say congratulations,
    Senator-Skywalker."

"Excuse me?"

"And to also ask why I learned of your marriage over the Holo-Net news?" Palpatine inquired. "We've always
    been trusted friends, Senator." He reminded her gently. It made him sound like a concerned father.

Padme frowned guiltily, "The Jedi Order is against the union of matrimony, Chancellor. They will not approve
    of our marriage. I fear now that it is public news. I can't help but wonder what this will do to Anakin's career.
    He may be placed out of the Order for this."

Padme started to leave.

"Where are you going, Senator?"

Palpatine hadn't expected her to leave yet. He had one more thing to say before she left to see the Jedi.

"Anakin will need to see me," Padme argued. "I must go to him."

"Padme?"

The Senator stopped at the door and turned slowly backward. Her long beautiful dress flowed with her.

"Yes, Chancellor?"

"Tell Anakin if the worse happens I may know someone that could finish his training for him," Palpatine offered
    kindly. "An old friend of mine in fact."

Padme seemed to frown before being able to smile, "Why thank you, Chancellor."

The Senator then exited the Office, having no idea as to what would await her at the Jedi Temple.

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    I'll try and have an update by this afternoon. :)

10. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO

Sep 9, 2002
    Ahhh, very interesting! Keep it up!

11. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thank you! I'm working on the next post now. Hopefully it will be ready soon. :)

12. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000

Padme Amidala managed to slip away alone from the Senate Corridors of
    Imperial Palace, and head directly toward the Jedi Temple where she knew
    that Anakin would be waiting to see her.

Padme made her way as far as the corridor where Anakin lived with Obi-Wan
    Kenobi before being seen by a small Master Jedi that reminded her much of
    Yoda. Padme quickly recalled that she had seen this Jedi eleven years ago on
    Naboo. She had been there for Qui-Gon Jinns' funeral ceremony with the rest
    of the Jedi Council. Yaddle was what Obi-Wan had called her.

"Mistress Yaddle, it's very good to see you again," Padme smiled brightly. "I
    wasn't expecting to run into anyone. I'm here to visit with Anakin Skywalker.
    He's expecting me."

"You are not welcomed here," Yaddle spoke softly. "I know who you are.
    Married Master Kenobi you have."

Padme chuckled, "I think you're greatly mistaken, Mistress Yaddle. I'm not
    married to Obi-Wan. I'm the wife of his Padawan, Anakin. It was all over the
    Holo-Net news this morning. I'm suprised that you missed it." She quipped,
    before continuing down the corridor to find her husband.

"I can't believe that you'd do this to me, Master," Anakin raged hotly.

"I had to inform the Council, Anakin," Obi-Wan argued firmly. "They would have
    herd the news today anyway. It's best that the truth finally be released. You
    could not hide this forever. Especially with Senator Amidala's pregnancy."

Anakin looked shocked. As if a little boy with his hand caught in the cookie jar.

"How did you know that?" Anakin demanded. "Did she tell you?"

"No," Obi-Wan replied. "She didn't have too. Any Jedi with in a hundred yards
    of her could sense those twins, Anakin. You have to start paying for your
    actions. You cannot live both lives. One must stop here and now."

"But I'm so close to finishing the training, Master," Anakin nearly wined. "Just
    few more months and I know I would have been declared a Knight. It's all
    gone because of you."

"You knew what you were doing with her, Padawan," Obi-Wan snapped. "And
    you knew there would be consequences for your actions. These are those
    consequences, Anakin. You are finished with the Order. Prepare your things by
    morning. Perhaps you can return with your wife to Naboo."

Obi-Wan stalked out of the chamber. He was far to angry to continue the
    conversation now. Anakin was no longer the nine year old child he had taken in
    from Tatooine. There was no saving him from this no longer.

He had to pay the cost for what he had done.

Anakin Skywalker would not become a Jedi Knight.

I'm sorry, Master Qui-Gon. I'm so sorry

13. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Padme found the door to Anakin's Suite open and entered the apartment with worried eyes. Arguing could be herd from the Balcony. It was loud and harsh. Padme gasped open realizing that the man arguing with her husband was his own Master.

Did he know before Anakin had the chance to tell him?

Padme hoped not. She and Anakin had planned to tell him together about the pregnancy. Anakin had been so nervous about Obi-Wan's reaction to their marriage, that she knew this would tare him up inside if Obi-Wan was against them having children as well.

Anakin even planned to give their son his first lightsaber in hopes that Obi-Wan would train him one day in the Force.

Padme had teased 'what about our daughter?' He answered that she would be strong in the Force like him, but it would not be her destiny.

Padme walked out on the Balcony in time to see Obi-Wan stalking away from her husband and toward the exit and her.

"Obi-Wan, what's wrong?"

"Everything is wrong," he snapped, shocking her.

He looked as if he was about to say he was sorry, but hurried away before she could ask anything more.

Padme rushed to Anakin's side.

"Ani?"

He was crying and allowed himself to fall into her embrace.

"What happened?" She whispered.

"The Council has declared that I'm not to be a Jedi," Anakin cried. "I'm kicked out of the Order, Padme. They don't want me!"

"I want you," She promised softly. "I love you, Ani."

"It's all Obi-Wan's fault!" Anakin raged. His cries weakened as his wife gentally touched his back in a rubbing matter.

Anakin eventually sat up and gazed into the depths of those dark pools of her beautiful eyes.

"You're all that I have left, Padme," Anakin declared. "I'm going to do everything to make you happy. We'll return to Naboo and have a good life there. Us, and our children." he vowed.

"I'll do anything that you want too, Ani," Padme declared softly. "I promise that I'll be a good wife to you. You'll have a good life with us, Ani. I know it. I can feel it."

The lovers kissed and held onto their hope for tomorrow.

14. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    mOre laTer! :D

15. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Obi-Wan Kenobi was standing in the Jedi High Council Chamber, staring out at the mid day air traffic, when he sensed the presence of Jedi Master Windu enter the Chamber.

"You're troubled, Obi-Wan?"

Obi-Wan snorted, "I have every reason to be troubled, don't you think? My Padawan has just been released from the Temple for something you told me that was the will of the Force. That his marriage to Senator Amidala was destined. And for that he's expelled? What kind of Order are you running here, Master Windu? My Padawan is allowed to break the rules but will be punished anyway? Nothing makes sense anymore. Truly, make me understand this. Then perhaps I can make Anakin understand before he leaves for Naboo."

"He's destined to fall, Obi-Wan," Mace Windu said suprisingly.

"What?"

"Master Yoda has seen this for some time," Mace replied softly. "Ever since the death of his mother, Anakin hasn't been the same. You must have sensed this change in him? It would be too dangerous to complete his training."

"It's not that simple," Obi-Wan argued. "Anakin has been trained for over half of his life now in the Temple. You cannot just 'stop' it. He will only be more dangerous if the training isn't completed. Anakin 'must' complete his training for the sake of everyone. His wife is having Jedi Twins for Force sake. They too will need training when the time is right. If Anakin doesn't become a Jedi he could become a threat to them. The Council 'must' reconsider this."

"I cannot reverse a decision that Master Yoda has made on his own, Obi-Wan," Mace chimed lightly. "You know this."

"So it was Yoda..." Obi-Wan hissed.

"Let it go, Obi-Wan," Mace urged. "The Sith have been silent for months. There has been no signs of Darth Sidious or Count Dooku. Perhaps you were correct my friend. Perhaps it truly is over."

"No," Obi-Wan whispered. "I was wrong. What ever is coming, it's only the begining. They are coming. It's only a matter of time."

"May the Force help us all then," Mace said.

16. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Dorme watched as the Imperial Guards sat the last of Padme's things inside of the Ship hold.

"Thank you for all your help," Dorme told the Guards. "Her Ladyship thanks you as well. You may leave us now if you wish."

"Tell the Senator that we wish her well," said the Guard, which was dressed in navy blue robes.

"I will," smiled Dorme.

"Come along then," the Guard said to the others.

The Handmaiden then turned away to head back inside Senator Amidala's Ship, where the Senator was waiting with her husband. 'It's going to be nice to be home again.' thought Dorme with a smile.

"I can't believe were actually going home together, Anakin," Padme gushed happily. "I've dreamed for so long about living on Naboo with you. We'll have a good life there. You'll see."

Anakin forced a smile for her and kissed her softly. As much as he was in love with his wife, it had never been his dream to live on her peaceful world with her.

Ever since he had been a small boy he had been dreaming of seeing the galaxy. He had even vowed once to see all the worlds in the galaxy. Anakin had wanted to visit every one. Being a Jedi was apart of that dream.

Growing up as Obi-Wan's apprentice in the Temple he had seen so many worlds already. But Anakin knew there was so much more to learn and discover.

Everything seemed so limited now.

He was married and was going to be a father.

As much as those ideas thrilled him it brought deep sadness as well.

Anakin could hear Padme whisper something to him and it filled those dark feelings with joy inside of him. Her love would always cast those dark feelings from his heart.

As long as he had her by his side, there would be no worries.

Anakin leaned so he could meet her lips in a kiss. As their lips met he sensed something from coming outside of the Ship.

It was dark and fast.

Anakin asked her quickly, "Where is Dorme and the others?"

"They're not aboard yet," Padme replied worriedly. "Why? What is wrong?"

"Stay here," Anakin told her firmly, before rushing out of the Ship at a speed that he hoped would be in time to save his wife's friends.

The Ship then rocked violently and Padme screamed.

17. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    WHAT HAPPENED TO PADMé?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

18. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO

Sep 9, 2002
    Very good! I can't wait to see what happens next!

19. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thanks for the replies. Look for an update in the morning. :)

20. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000

The Ship rocked violently, and Padme screamed as she was tossed onto the floor from her seat. Her head hit the floor of the cabin with a sickening smack. She felt the dark come easily as she found it hard to breath.

Padme closed her eyes once more and forced herself to move. She knew that the others outside the Ship could be injured or worse. She had to get outside the Ship.

A painful piercing rolled up her spine and she faught against the cramping of her side.

Blood poored freely from a gash on the back of her head. The dark stalked the Senator as she forced herself to her feet, and slowly began to make her way from the Ship.

He was just laying there.

The bionic limb that Anakin had constructed for himself shortly before they had married on Naboo was totally blown away. Nearly nothing was left from the blast of Anakin's battered arm.

Padme then could see why Anakin had sacrificed himself and allowed himself to take the blast head on.

Dorme lay a mere few feet away in a heap. She too wasn't moving.

"Ani?" Padme cried. "Answer me my love, please?"

She sat his head in her lap and brushed his hair out of his eyes.

At her touch he began to move.

"Padme?" He breathed. "Is that you? Are you alright?"

"Don't worry about me," Padme ordered firmly. "Why did you do it, Ani? You're bleeding so much.." She choked, as the blood from the shattered limb stained her hands and dress.

"I couldn't allow you to see another friend die," Anakin whispered softly.

The young man choked as his own pain began to take hold.

"Oh, Ani," Padme wept. "I can't bare to lose you either. Don't you die on me." She ordered.

"I promise I'll always be with you," Anakin vowed. "No matter what."

Anakin Skywalker then stopped moving all together.

The shock of her own injuries, combined with seeing her husband so badly wounded, made it impossible for her to continue sitting up. She fell backward and lay in a heap at her husband's side.

"Medic!" voices cried. "Get a medic, now!"

TBC :D

21. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    You got me crying Sara...
    Please make it a happy ending... My heart just broke
    And please dun tell me that Padme died thereafter.
    (anyways great job. Continue plz)

22. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thank you for replying, Yazid. Don't worry too much about Padme and Anakin. This is a long story so nothing will happen to them. They just got beat up a bit. ;)

23. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Obi-Wan Kenobi entered the Sick Bay of the Jedi Temple with a deeply concerned heart. He had been left a quick Holo-Message in his Rooms by Master Windu explaining that there had been another effort made on Senator Amidala's life, when she and Anakin had been leaving the City for Naboo.

There had been a fierce explosion that had killed three Imperial Guards instantly. They'd tried to protect Anakin from the brunt of the blast. Anakin had tried to shield Padme's Handmaiden Dorme with his own body. The attackers obviously had thought she had been Amidala. Luckily the Senator had been inside of the Ship, and had been the one with the least injuries from the blast.

The doctors told the Jedi Council that her pregnancy was in no danger, and that the twins would be fine. There had been nothing in the report on the Senator herself. Obi-Wan rarely seen how cold the Council could be at times. Windu had argued these were the times the Jedi had to look out for themselves.

"Ani?"

It had been hardly a whisper, but Anakin opened his blue eyes upon hearing such a familiar voice.

"Master...Sir?"

Obi-Wan smiled warmly through the tears that lightly began to sting his face at those two words. It reminded him instantly of a young Tatooine boy he had known once, and deeply missed in these hard times. Everything had been so simple then. Anakin had been his new Padawan that longed to know everything, and he had been the boy's new Master. The roles had been perfectly set and they knew how the game was played.

Now Obi-Wan felt as if they knew nothing. Anakin was no longer that young Padawan Learner, and he was no longer that Master. Anakin Skywalker was a grown man who was now married. He would even be a father soon. Somehow it did seem right that Anakin had chosen that way of life against that of the Jedi. He had always missed his mother, and had longed for the simple days of family and love. The sense of family and love that Anakin had never quite felt in life with him.

"Master...Obi-Wan..."

Obi-Wan smiled softly, "Yes, it's me, Anakin," Obi-Wan replied.

Anakin managed to choke, "How is she?"

"She's recovered from the serious injuries, and the pregnancy is stable," Obi-Wan announced. "There's nothing to be concerned about now but yourself."

Anakin's eyes rolled to that of his side and he gasped, "My arm...by the Force..."

"It has been fitted and should work easily enough," Obi-Wan replied evenly.

After a long silence the Knight added softly, "I'm sorry, Anakin. There was no other way."

Anakin knodded his head, "I know." He replied.

After another silence Anakin asked, "The others?"

Obi-Wan swollowed hard, "There was no survivors, but for you and Padme. I'm sorry."

"Dorme died..." Anakin whispered.

He could feel the pain his wife was feeling over that loss. He had tried to save her from it, and had failed.

"I'm sorry."

"I need to go to her," Anakin said. "Help me."

"As you wish, Padawan," Obi-Wan replied.

He knew there would be no arguing with Anakin when it came to her.

"Lets go."

TBC

24. jedimastersam

jedimastersam Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2003
    i am soo glad i came across this story. keep it up!

25. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thank you, Sam! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.