main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards Before the Saga Awards Nominations Thread! Nominations Now Closed- Qualifying List Last Post!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Before_Awards_Sock, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Before_Awards_Sock

Before_Awards_Sock Before Sock for FanFic Awards star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 30, 2004
    Whoops! [face_blush] Accidently copy-pasted in the wrong category [face_blush] Thanks for catching that agentj! :)

LJS, Co-Host for the Before Awards @};-

2. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Updated the list...

Everyone, please make sure to thank my co-host for such an awesome job.

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    "To Make a Memory/You Always Remember- Qui-Gon viggie for Ladies of the Night challenge!" by VaderLVR64

This story is not eligible for the Romance category, but thank you! :D

4. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Pushing me away" by obi_ew and Shaindl

Thanks for the nom but Shaindl and I won best multiple author two awards ago for Pushing. :)

5. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    First off, thanks to the great socks who're managing the show! :D . And I'm truly overwhelmed. <looks at list> Wow.

>>.Amri-Lon Jinn in "The Fields of Elysia" by ithesock>>>

Er...not sure about this - but aren't OC character-nominations given to those who create the Ocs? I didn't create Amri-Lon Jinn, VaderLVR64 did. :)

EDIT: If it's use of OCs, now... :D

6. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    MamaVader here (VaderLVR64)

Jorlica "To Make a Memory/You Always Remember- Qui-Gon viggie for Ladies of the Night challenge!" VaderLVR64

Those two viggies were posted before the eligibility period, so Jorlica is not eligible. But she she wanted me to tell you she appreciates the thought. She and her handsome Jedi are off on an exotic island catching up on things. I don't expect we'll see either of them again for a long while.

Thanks! :D

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I have to disagree with the author....LOL. VaderLVR64, I think you forgot the final story of Jorlica (Thanks for Alderaan) in that vignette series which was posted on 2/16. So she is eligible.

8. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Best Villain:
    Nalistar, ?Decisions of Darkness? by Layren and Kynstar
    Qui-Gon, ?Kynstar and the Count? by MysteriousRaven13
    Xanatos "Circle Of Hate" by obi_ew (two nominations)

Again thanks for the noms but this was posted on 7/14/04. :)

9. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Best Vignette:
    ?The Story of Shmi? by VaderLVR64

"The Story of Shmi" was posted before the eligibility period and so our humble Shmi is not eligible for that particular vignette. But we thank you! :D

And as for Amri-Lon Jinn, while I created him, I think ithesock has made him as much hers as mine, so I would like to say that I would be honored if she is considered for an award using Amri-Lon. And I'm sure he'd be delighted as well. =D=

So, can I nominate her for using Amri as well??? :)

10. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Vadey!!! <gives VaderLVR a bear hug> . You're so sweet.[face_love]

On an aside...wouldn't it be nice if we could have the nommed stories with links? Like on the Saga and ByTSaga threads. Just a thought. I know the hosts have enough to manage. :)

11. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Hey! :) One of the co-hosts popping in with a couple quick notes:

1. I've been talking to Leona about the whole author being nommed for an OC that they didn't create. She says that it should be looked at the same way we have multiple authors writing the same canon characters. Anyway, so long as the author has permission from the original author to write the OC, then it's allowed :D

2. I'm going to start adding the links in when I put up the list of nominations today.

3. If a series was worked on during the eligibility period, then it's eligible for these awards. So, VaderLVR64, I believe that makes your series eligible?

LJS @};-

12. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Hooray! I'm glad that ithesock can be nominated for Amri-Lon. I know she loves the big lug as much as I do. And yes, HE IS REAL! Isn't he, princess? See, we know!

13. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Wow, thanks for the noms! I sincerely doubt that "The Unchosen" counts as a short story, though. It's already fourteen thousand words, just not all posted yet, and looking to be another long one.

14. Before_Awards_Sock

Nov 30, 2004
    I've PMmed Leona about it, maychorian, since I'm not really sure.

Updated list going up in a couple of minutes!

LJS @};-

15. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    Moved mainly on my own behalf as an assistant nomination counter for the Beyond awards, I have made the following template for anyone who choses to use it for their nominations PM. If you leave the space after the [ where it occurs, the users behind the awards socks will be able to add it into the nominations list very easily if it is a new nomination.

hth

KD

edit: to clarify

If you use the template as provided by doing copy and paste and only paste in your url in the location provided without removing the spaces after the square brackets "[" it will not form the link in your PM to the socks, it will just have everything in the right place with the URL to make it a link later. Then those needing to paste new nominations in will be able to remove the space and have the link formed without having to do anything more time consuming than a global edit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Genres

Best Most Underrated
    [ link=paste the url here]type or paste the title here[ /link] by type or paste the author's name here

Best Alternate Universe
    [ link=paste the url here]type or paste the title here[ /link] by type or paste the author's name here

Best Canon

Best Action

Best Drama

Best Romance

Best Angst

Best Crossover

Best Songfic

Best Humour

Best Ensemble

Best All Around

Length

Best Poem

Best Vignette

Best Response To A Challenge

Best Short Story

Best Epic (loooooong stories)

Best Series

Character

Best Canon Interpretation, Male

Best Canon Interpretation, Female

Best Original Character, Male

Best Original Character, Female
    [

16. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Thanks, KD--this is really, really helpful.

17. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Thanks, Knight. You rock![face_peace]

18. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Shmi, The Story of Shmi by VaderLVR64

Shmi from this vignette is not eligible for Canon Female character. This vignette was posted before the eligibility period. My other Shmi is eligible. :p (A Mother's Gift)

19. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    Thanks for the clarification, VaderLVR :) Things got a little confused, so what people had posted, correction-wise, hasn't exactly made it onto the list you guys see (but I've taken care of it on the one that'll go up tomorrow).

LJS @};-

20. Before_Awards_Sock

Nov 30, 2004
    The list is updated for today :)

And look! Pretty colors!

LJS @};-

21. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    A story can't be nominated for best vignette and best short story, can it? My fic, 'An Acquired Sight', is in both categories. ;)

22. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    While you're here, which is it? :D

LJS @};-

23. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Well, it's a little over 6,000 words, which transfers to about fourteen pages in word. That's short story length, isn't it?

24. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    Difficult to say- we've run into the same problem with lengths, and we're still not sure what the cut-off is. Anyway, the way I've gone about it in the past, is it more than one post? Of course, this might change when Leona finds the word limits :D

LJS @};-

25. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    It was just one post. Now I'm confused. [face_tired] :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.