main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Before We Die" - Anakin/Padme mush vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mar17swgirl, May 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    The world has gone mad! Mar is writing A/P mush!!! :eek:

:p

Yup, that's right, I've decided to write a re-write of the "I truly, deeply love you" scene from AOTC. ;)

So, without much ado, here it is. Enjoy, and please give me feedback! :)

Before We Die

It all happened so fast.

His lightsaber short-circuited, and in mere seconds Anakin was surrounded by droidekas, Geonosian warriors, and a bounty hunter who was pointing his blaster at him.

"Don't move, Jedi."

He knew it would be useless to resist. Even with his lightsaber functional, he wouldn't have much chance for survival. He was vastly outnumbered and outgunned, not to mention he was already exhausted from previous fight with the Geonosians.

Gritting his teeth, he allowed them to bind his wrists and take him away.

They led him through narrow passageways, often jabbing him with their poles to keep up, even though he didn't lag behind.

Anakin reached up with his tied hands and wiped the sweat from his forehead. The fight, together with hot, damp, and muggy air of the factory's passageways, made him feel dizzy and, strangely, tired. As if something was pressing against his mind, causing him nausea and disorienting him.

Taking a deep breath, he reached out to the Force and tried to calm down his mind and senses. The nausea slowly receded; leaving only grim curiosity as to where was he being led.

And then, his mind drifted towards Padmé.

When his hand had gotten trapped, he had lost eye contact with her, and when he had finally broken free, he couldn't see her anywhere. Of course, he assumed she somehow escaped the danger on the conveyor belt, but he needed to make sure.

One reach for her mind provided him with the answer. They had taken her, too.

He let out a shuddering breath, feeling his anger rising. She wasn't hurt, but scared, so scared that it resonated in his own mind, making him wince inwardly. Her presence in the Force had a familiar touch in it, and he had always found it soothing and pleasant. As they had grown closer to each other, he could sense her emotions and feelings better and clearer - as he did now.

Padmé had always been strong, working hard on her image and reputation of a courageous, fearless leader. Her duty was her top priority, and the emotions had to go aside. But even she was just a human and, even though she wouldn't admit it, in Anakin's opinion she had every right to be afraid from time to time.

As he had, too.

But the Jedi are not supposed to feel emotions, he reminded himself silently.

Though, he disagreed with that statement. He had been afraid too many times in his life. And he learned from his own painful experience that pushing back his emotions was not always the best thing how to solve problems; on the contrary, it sometimes caused much more pain and suffering.

He broke from his reverie as they reached the end of the passageway. The massive door opened and they entered a small hall with an opening to something that looked like an arena. In the middle of the hall stood a cart of some sort, with a beast harnessed to it. A Geonosian guard shoved him harshly into the cart and attached a heavy chain to his wrist bindings.

Anakin didn't protest. Somehow, he had already accepted his fate. He didn't have to be a genius to know that they would kill him, and from the sounds of the crowd gathering outside, he figured that they'd even make a good show out of it.

What surprised him, though, was that he wasn't angry any more. He suddenly felt at peace, the storm that had raged in his soul was quieted, silenced. He took a deep breath and silently thanked the Force for that last comfort, cherishing the moment of calmness.

Behind him, he heard the door open again. He turned and saw two guards leading Padmé in. Soon, she stood tied to a chain next to him.

She stood calm, but he saw past her outside mask. Her soul was an open book for him, he could read all her emotions that filled her mind.

She turned her face to him and the

2. DANA28

DANA28 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    That was so nice.

3. JadeSaber

JadeSaber Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2002
    Mar wrote A/P mush!? *faints*

*revives*

Nice job Mar! I really like the insight into Anakin and how he's connected with Padme... nice bit of mush. ;)

4. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    You said you were writing A/A mush, and a little piece of me didn't believe you, but this is great! You should write it more often! *ducks*

I see you finally came up with a title, and a good one at that :D

5. ThePodSquad

ThePodSquad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2001
    *Hannah walks in notices the authors name and promptly blacks out* Oy! Mar writing A/P mush has the world gone MAD?

Just kidding nice little vignette Mar.

Hannah

6. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Wow I loved that, it was great and deep right into their emotions for each other. Thar was great.

7. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Sweetness! It was as if I was actually there! Very nice expanding on both Anakin and Padme's emotions. Can I archive this on the A/A site?

*SB*

8. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Boy, that was fast. Awesome work Mar! You know I never pictured you writing A/P mush, and all that "sithspawned" mushie crap. But, you just may have beaten the anti-romance bug. You think?

I'd love to say more please, but that would ruin all this.

Am [face_love]

9. The Bigger Fish

The Bigger Fish Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    Awesome. I loved it! :D

10. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    DANA - Thanks! :)

Jade - LOL! :p Thanks, but getting into Anakin's head was a bit problematic... ;) :p

Mara - Thanks. I figured that sometimes the best title appears just in the story. And vignettes are best for that - for naming them after a line that appears in them. :) And write more of A/P??? :eek: No, thanks, I think this was enough.... :p Enough mush for next few weeks for me... ;)

Hannah - Hehehe, I just love causing people heart attack.... :p :D I'm glad you liked it, though. ;)

JediFalcon - Thanks! :) Getting the emotions right has always been a bit of a problem for me. I'm not very good in describing stuff, especially inner state of the characters. So I'm glad if I get it at least a little bit right.... ;)

SB - Oh, you're making me blush... [face_blush] It wasn't THAT good.... :p But of course, you can archive it! :) I think I'll come up with a cover art for it soon, so I'll let you know then. :)

Am - Master... *bows* Thanks, compliments from you I value the most... ;) :D Beaten the anti-romance bug? Maybe, but it's only temporary. Enough of this sithspawned sentimental rubbish! [face_devil] *makes note to write a Tusken slaughter vignette next time* Wait a second... :eek: Attack of the plot bunny!!! :eek: Tusken slaughter vignette! Yes!!! [face_devil] Thanks for the inspiration, Master, you're the best Sith Master (after Master Ish, of course... *pauses for a moment in silence*) I've ever known! :D *hug* [face_devil] Hehehehehehehehee...

The Bigger Fish - Thanks! :) I'm glad you liked it. ;)

11. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    Very nice vignette, Mar! I think it captured the essence of that scene perfectly.

I think we can free you of Ish's evil anti-mush influence, after all. ;)

12. young_mara

young_mara Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2001
    Wow, it's been three months since I've been to the boards and everything's changed.....great mush! I could use more!

13. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Lovely! Touching and sad.

14. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    J-J - Thanks! You're flattering me... [face_blush] :p But no, don't worry, as a devoted Sith Apprentice I will always be true to ideals set by Master Ish! [face_devil] *bows head in silent remembrance* ;)

young_mara - Hey, I'm glad it's my vignette you stumbled upon. ;) Although, I'm quite known as a mush hater (and ESPECIALLY A/P mush), which brings up a question: Why the heck did I write this vignette??? Well, don't ask me, I don't know myself... :p

Dally - Aww, thanks! :)

15. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Hmm... up? ;) :D

16. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    A/P mush... written by Mar??? :eek: :eek:

::AQ stares in shock... then promptly faints::

One dose of smelling salts later...

Oh. WOW! Great job Mar!! An awesome rewrite of that scene from the movie! I think that was the best A/P scene in the entire movie-minus the wedding of course!-and you really did it justice!

Again, wonderful job!

AQ

17. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    LOL, AQ! :p Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. :)

18. Padawn_JB

Padawn_JB Jedi Master star 3

Mar 16, 2002
    That was good. But no affince, I don't see a diffrence for the spoken parts of this and the movie. But it was still good!

19. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    You did a really great job! ;)

Anakin´s feelings are discribed too well :D . You can really imagine that he´s (in a way) an "ordinary" boy.

Angel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.