main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Before you ask about the colour change...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by sideshow212, Feb 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    there is a policy debate currently being discussed in the modsquad board. the mods who have black colours are protesting. i am not allowed to elaborate further. it will be over in 48 hours, one way or the other.

the comms thread here is all i can point you to.

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Are you standing up for something or against it? I just want to know what side to be on [face_mischief] ;)

3. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    we are against the issue at hand...

4. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Well, then in that case... "Damn the man! Save the Empire!"

EDIT: Had to fix my quote [face_blush]

5. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Stand strong, sideshow and Void! ;)

6. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    oh well, the cats out of the bag now...

from raven's post...

An element of site ownership has told the entire Mod Squad that we must provide him with our real names and addresses and such by registering at another message board and then passing on our user names there to him through G-S. If we do not, we get demoted. All future moderators will have to provide this information. This may be expanded to cover City Representatives as well.

The Mod Squad and Old Folks Home have two major issues.
    1) The security of the information and the purpose behind the information gathering. As everyone is probably well aware, the Mod Squad is about as leaky as the Titanic. This has fostered worries about how secure this information would be, even though it?s being stored elsewhere. No system is perfect, and there is the worry that that information might come out and what might be done with that information. And we?ve yet to be told why we need to give it (though the guess that it is something along the lines of ?if LFL sues, it?s on the shoulders of the moderators?).
    2) The way that this has been handled by site ownership. More than anything else, I think that?s what?s at the heart of this. The feeling in the Mod Squad and Old Folks Home is that an element of the site ownership does not care about the message boards and the users and moderators here in any way at all. We as a group have not been provided with reasons why the information is needed; we feel that we?ve been threatened; we feel that we?ve been insulted; and finally we feel that we?ve been ignored.

well, there you have it. the mods who wear black (and some who don't) are against this policy. so come saturday morning, void and i will most likely no longer be RSA's...

7. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Well, sounds like some is trying to play CYA at the expense of others :mad: That makes me very angry :mad:

Hmmmmm... Sounds like I may be taking my conversations elsewhere, very soon.... Let's see them try to sell advertising to the RNC and the Car Companies when there is no one here to see them :mad: And hey, isn't there something about making money off of someone else's intellectual property being against the law? :mad:

8. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I'd suggest that any conversations about how we intend to react to this should the demotions take place be taken to avenues off the boards. Just an FYI since Im sure the conversations are going to start soon

9. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    *shrug*

if activity here decreases, we will find another forum...starwars.com maybe? I know a lot of people over there have a deep hatred for TFN, lol.

10. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    so come saturday morning, void and i will most likely no longer be RSA's...

who could they find to replace you guys.

I hope you stay RSAs.

11. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Well I'd suggest you email your CR with your email addresses so we can keep in contact if the worst should happen...say somebody decides to put down the uprising by orbital bombardment (ie boards get deleted if somebody doesn't want to mess with 90% of the mods refusing to cooperate). I'll be emailing the CR's with my info so we can get a replacement apparatus in place if needed.

Ideally we'd like this to blow over. If it doesn't, we'd like to keep in contact with all our friends here. If that's not possible, we will find a way. My email is in my profile, have at it.

12. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    would they do that? wipe the boards out?

13. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    It's just an example. They can do nothing to nuke the boards. Some of us feel some people are being so unreasonable that anything goes and out attitude about it is bleeding through.

14. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    so come saturday morning, void and i will most likely no longer be RSA's...

:(

15. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    i have josh on messenger & our cr's phone numbers, so no problems for me there. Also you are all welcome to post on the RMFF site's message boards.

16. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    It could be worse (for me at least) I'll probably take out my frustration on the group that's coming over saturday for an all weekend D&D session. At least Sideshow won't have us gaming in his group till a week from sunday :D

17. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    //rethinks weekend plans!// [face_shocked]

18. JaiSin_Tam

JaiSin_Tam Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2003
    Hmmm,

... Gold-23 Standing by.
    ... S-foils locked in attack position.
    ... Weapons live and ready.
    ... Stay in formation.

I've always wanted to be a pirate! ;-)

Stand tall and firm.
    There are always new options and new frontiers.

19. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    I just had to... I couldn't help it...

To Void, KW and Sideshow... Stand tall, stand firm... We got your back.

whut I posted...

<stirs the pot>

It's been my great privilege and pleasure to know Knightwriter, Voiddancer and Sideshow212 on both a personal basis as my friends, and a professional one as well. In the time that I have known them, we have all laughed and cried together and I have come to hold them in the highest respect, again, both personally and professionally.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no reason to ask for personal contact information, as should a legal matter arise, and since IP's are tracked, they can dredge this information up by going to the ISP with a court order for the information.

Stick the request in your Personal Sarlaac Pit...

My $.02 on this, and if you feel you need to ban my happy self, go right ahead... Because when you start attempting to micro-manage people, it all goes to H-E-double hockey sticks...

20. Jedi_PrincessAZ

Jedi_PrincessAZ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2003
    This is such a sad situation!!! :( :_| :_|

I won't clog up this thread by getting on my soap box...my thoughts are posted here:

Why are the mods black with a line through?

Terrie

EDIT (X2): Cuz I'm still getting used to these dang markup codes!!! :)

21. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Well said. :)

22. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    if activity here decreases, we will find another forum...starwars.com maybe?

Hell no...do not go there...you will only fall into the trap of the owners...that is where they want you to go.

There are other sites out there...

And I know of some...even ones that will be associated with FF-type things...

23. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Guys, I just wanted to thank all of you who have given your support. As you can see I've changed my colors as well to let everyone know where I stand with this issue and also to try to get things moving at the CR level since it looks like this will affect us next. Hopefully you'll start to see more Chapter Reps adopting the blue and black.

To reiterate what Void said: the PFF is going nowhere, no matter what happens. Void, sideshow, and myself have discussed several options for our online meeting place, including establishing our own set of message boards, however at this point those plans are just that: plans, contingencies. We're still waiting to see how this will play out and I must say I, for one, am cautiously optimistic. We've got a lot of support not only from the Moderators, Administrators and RSAs but from users across the JC and FanForce. Ignoring popular support carries a heavy cost and if there's one thing geeks excell at it's giving hell. ;)

24. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    I do think I need to reiterate something. Unless something permanent happens to the boards themselves, for the forseeable future we will NOT be abandoning these boards. Even if the Mods who don't submit get demoted, abandoning a well known meeting place would just be imprudent, as well as a little childish on the mods' parts. I'm only childish when it comes to GMing.

25. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    See my new sigline for my stand on the issue [face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.