main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Before You Were Born" (Jango Fett fan fic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jango_Fett_, Jun 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jango_Fett_

Jango_Fett_ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    Jango and Zam worked to unload Slave 1 on the Kamino landing platform. Kamino was having one of it's better days, but it was still a down pour. Jango walked up the wet ramp that runs down from the "back" of slave 1. Zam grabbed one of the cargo boxes and slid it to him and he picked it up with a grunt and hauled it to the bottom with about tree other boxes. Jango dropped the cargo box at the bottom and walked back up to Zam.

"When are you gonna tell him?" Zam asked Jango as she tossed him one of the smaller boxes.

The question caught Jango off gaurd so he didn't pay attention to the box and when he looked up it hit him in the head right above his right eye. "Argh!"

Zam laughed and picked up some things from the floor.

Jango rubbed his head. "What?" He asked.

"You heard me," Zam said and picked up the things that fell out of the box when it hit Jango in the head.

"Tell Boba what though?" Jango asked and helped her.

"About the C-L-O-N-I-N-G," Zam said and motioned with her head to Boba, who was out on the platform with his poncho on playing with a ball.

"N-E-V-E-R," Jango spelled out for her mockingly.

"Never what Dad?" Boba asked, causing Jango to jump alittle.

"Nothing Boba. Go back outside and play before it gets too bad out and you're stuck in the apartment," Jango said and picked up the ball Boba had been playing with and tossed it to him.

Boba caught the ball and shrugged, walking back down the ramp.

Zam just gave Jango "the look."

"What?" jango asked defensively.

Zam shook her head and picked up another cargo box. "Nothing."

Jango grabbed the little box and stacked it on top of another, larger box and hauled the two down to the bottom of the ramp. Jango looked up from setting the boxes down and looked over at Boba.

Boba bounced the ball on the platform. Water splashed up from the platform when the ball hit it, causing Boba to bounce the ball harder to see how big of a splash he could make.

"You're gonna have to tell him eventually..." Zam said, watching Boba.

"I'll tell him when he asks..." Jango said in return.

"Look Boba's a smart kid... he'll figure it out eventually. Then he'll just be mad at you because you didn't tell him," Zam informed Jango in all seriousness and picked up a few boxes to get them up to the apartment.

Jango knows Zam is right, but he chooses not to reply. Jango stood, watching Boba for a moment, the rain running down his armor in little rivers. "Boba, want to help Zam and I get the boxes up to the apartment?"

"Sure," Boba answered and ran up to the ramp, grabbing the smaller boxes. Zam and Boba ended up leaving all the heavy boxes for Jango.

Jango snorted, seeing what he has to carry and sighs alittle. He heaves the boxes up with a couple of grunts and heads for the apartment after Zam and Boba.

Boba had left the door open when he ran down to greet his dad and zam. This made it easier to get everything inside.

After everything was put back where it belonged and Zam had left Jango began to remove his armor. Jango slowly slid the helmet from his head and Boba looked up at him.

"Dad... how'd you get all those scars?" Boba asked curiously as he sat in a chair quietly until now.

Jango looks at Boba and then at his helmet. "I got these before you were born Boba..." Jango says sadly and sets the helmet on the table.

"Oh... how'd you get them?" Boba asks again, watching Jango taking off the armor.

"Well I told you about Mandalorians right?"

"Yep," Boba confirms with a smile.

"Well I was a mandalorian... That means I was in wars. I got these from battles," Jango decides to keep it simple.

"You were a mandalorian!?" Boba asks, suprised.

Jango can't help but chuckle alittle and nods.

"Cool!" Boba says then looks at the time. "Dad! the soldiers are gonna start marching!" Boba yells as if they don't get there then they'll loose the entire army. "Come on Dad let's go watch them!" Boba says, getting up and grabbing Jango's hand, trying to pull him out the door.

Jango had almost forgotten how much Boba lik

2. Amy21

Amy21 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 28, 2001
    Ohh! This is interesting....
    Can't wait for more! :)

3. Jango_Fett_

May 19, 2002
    "Well...uh..." Jango turns to the trooper and tells him that it'll have to wait then turns back to Boba.

"Dad why does he look like you?" Boba asks, confused.

"Um... remember how I told you that we were here because of a job I have to do?" Jango asks feeling trapped between a rock and a hard place.

"Ya...."

"Well... these soldiers are clones of me... like you... Only they only live hald as long and grow up twice as fast...You the only true clone..." Jango tryed to say this as best he could but for some reason it didn't come out the way he wanted.

"You mean I'm not your son?" Boba asked sadly.

"Offcourse your my son boba!" Jango says that as if Boba just smacked him.

"But so are all they..." Boba replies looking down.

Jango kneels down infront of Boba. "No Boba... you are my only son...the only true Clone..."

"Why did I have to be a clone... why can't I have a mom? You can't get any or something... is that why I have to be a clone?!"

If it haden't been Boba that has said 'you can't get any or something' he would have been extremely pissed. "No Boba that's not the case..."

"Then why?!" Boba asks looking as though he was going to cry.

"Boba..." Jango says and strokes his cheek gently then picks him up and walks back to the apartment.

Jango set's Boba on the couch and sits next to him."... ok ... I'm going to tell you what happened before I got you..."
    --------------------------------------------

When I was asked to become the base of the clone army I was skeptical about it... even though the pay was tremendous I still wasn't sure about it. I agreed on one condition... that I could have an unaltered clone.
    ~*~*~*~

"So Jango Fett... do we have a deal?" a tall, older man with long facal features asked him as they both stood on a platform outlooking Coruscant.

Jango Fett merily nodded. "On one condition Dooku... I get an unaltered clone... no genetic tampering..."

The count agreed, giving Jango all the information he would need to find his way to Kamino. Jango didn't ask very many questions and when he reached Kamino he was greeted by a Tall fish like creature with an extrodinarily long neck and a long, lanky body.

"Hello Jango... we have been waiting for you... I am Taun We... allow me to show you to your apartment..."

4. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    Oh great story Jango_Fett_!! :D :D Very funny and interesting! You developed a strong and genuine Father/Son relationship with Jango and Boba, and a very cute and funny friendship with Zam and Jango.

I loved this:

"You can't get any or something... is that why I have to be a clone?!"

If it haden't been Boba that has said 'you can't get any or something' he would have been extremely pissed.

lol!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] How could Jango not get any?? *ahem* In my opinon he's quite the good lookin guy!! :D [face_love]

Keep up the good work!! I want more! :)

-~Dorme~-

5. Jango_Fett_

May 19, 2002
    thanks Dorme!

I'm working on the next part right now so I'll try to post sometime soon.

6. zam_fett

zam_fett Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    I like this. It's a cool perspective - I always kind of wondered how Jango explained the clones to Boba. I like the way you've got their father/son relationship going, complete with heartfelt talks... :)

You can't get any or something
    I agree with Dorme on the plausibility of that one, but I loved that line. :D

7. Zam_R

Zam_R Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2002
    Cool story! Look forward to seeing what'll happen next!

oh, sorry to waste space, but you guys might be interested that the summary for the second Boba Fett book is now up on the official site! go here:
    http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2002/06/news20020626.html

8. EveningStar

EveningStar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2002
    Love It! Please Post Soon!!!

9. Zam_R

Jun 14, 2002
  10. Jango_Fett_

May 19, 2002
    The first thing Jango had to do when he got there was have DNA samples taken from him. Jango absolutely hated the tests. He didn't really like having to be nearly naked infront of the cloners. After Jango was allowed to get dressed he was asked to wait a moment so they could get a separet blood sample for the unaltered Clone. Jango was told where the clone would be kept so he could check it's progress.

Jango visted the growing clone atleast three times a day and each time he would stay for atleast a hour, but that was only when he didn't have bounty hunting to do.

When the day finally came that the clone was old enough for Jango to take care of on his own he nearly ran to the cloning facility. The cloners gave Jango the baby that was an exact replica of him only much younger. Jango gently held the baby and was just now wondering if this was a good idea.
    With his bounty hunting he wouldn't beable to take care of Boba, the name he decied to give the clone. He'd just have to quit bounty hunting for a while.

That was exactly what he did too. He disappeared from bounty hunting for a while to raise Boba... but only occasionally taking some jobs and leaving Boba in Zam's care when he was really little.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Why did you want me anyways? I mean you had to quit bounty hunting for a while..." Boba asked curiously.

"Because I wanted a son... And with my job it's kinda hard to take care of an entire family... But if no woman was involved and it could just me you and me... that's how I wanted it," Jango said with a small smile.

"But you had to quit bounty hunting to take care of me..."

" I wanted to and I was glad I did... I got to spend alot of time with you."

" Did you really visit me 'that' much when I wasn't even a baby yet?" Boba asked.

Jango chuckled. "Yes I did... Zam was starting to say I was as bad as a pregnant woman..."

Boba bursted out laughing. Jango smirked and tickled Boba.

"Still funny?" Jango asked smiling.

"Yup!" Boba said inbetween laughs but was only tickled more by Jango. "AAaah hahahaha."

Jango laughed which only happened when he was around Boba. Jango stopped tickling Boba when Boba was about to cry from laughing so hard.

" Can you tell me about when you where a Mandalorian?" Boba asked after catching his breath.

"Sure..."

11. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    Yay!! That was great Jango_Fett_. I absolutely love your dialouge during Jango and Boba's little talk. You seemed to have captured the exact same qualites of them from AOTC!

Oh this line is very, very, hilarious:

"Yes I did... Zam was starting to say I was as bad as a pregnant woman..."

lol!! [face_laugh] :D I really like Zam and Jango's relationship! Very authentic.

Please post more soon! :)

-~Dormé~-

12. Zam_R

Jun 14, 2002
    hee hee! I agree, the dialogue is great! And it's cool finding out Jango's reasons for having Boba. :)

13. Amy21

Dec 28, 2001
    Hah! I just love seeing the sentimental sides of the Fetts!
    Up to the top. :D
    By the way, Zam, thanks for the tip about the new book. :)

14. Zam_R

Jun 14, 2002
    UP! :)

And I'm a little ticked about the Boba book, because last I knew, it was due out in August, now it's november. :(

15. zam_fett

zam_fett Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    Awww... :) This is great, keep going.

I've only heard the Nov. release date for the Boba book. It looks pretty cool!

16. Jango_Fett_

May 19, 2002
    " I became a Manadlorian when my Father, Mother, and sister were killed by a group of Manadlorians called: 'Death Watch' led by a man named Vizsla. Vizsla was a barbarian and a titan... he abused his power greatly. When my family was killed Jaster Mereel and his group recruted me since I had nothing left back on Concord Dawn. Jaster turned into a father figure since my real father was killed when was very young, younger than you Boba. by the time I was in my early twenties I led my first group into battle against what we thought were rookie group of secyrity officers. As it turned out 'Death Watch' had trained them to fight us when we first arrived," Jango explained not knowing if he's going to beable to finish this.

"So you guys had a battle?" Boba asked curiously.

"Yes... we were told that there would be minimal resistance... are information was false, many men lost their lives becasue of that. The group that I was leading when to the target area where the security rookies were supposed to be and were ambushed by 'Death Watch'. While we were holding out position Jaster and his men had to retreat but Montross, a second in comand officer, was being a idiot and tried to conitue the attack. Had it not been for Jaster montross would have been dead. Just as Jaster and Montross where heading back Vizsla showed up in a Ground Tank and started firing shots at them both. Montross fed by using his jet pack, but Jaster couldn't as he wasn't wearing one... Montross left Jaster to die...alone..." Jango looks at Boba, his face and eyes filled with sorrow.

Boba looks down then back at Jango. "What happened after that?" Boba asks after giving Jango a moment.

"Well I saw this happen... and ran out to Jaster... he ended up dying in my arms... I shouldda had his back but I didn't..." Jango looks down then back at Boba. "I banished Montross from the group.. he was no longer fit to serve us... I ended leading the group..."

Boba stays quiet and looks at Jango. "You ok dad?"

Jango nods slowly.

Boba gives Jango a hug. "I'm sorry for yelling at you... I shouldn't have done it... you can ground me if you want..."

Jango smiles alittle and hugs Boba back and looks at him. "I'm not going to ground you... you didn't know... don't worry about it. I just don't have the best past... nothing can change that," Jango says and rumples Boba's hair.

Boba smiles. "Wanna go play ball outside?"

"I'd love to go play ball outside boba..." Jango smiles at Boba and stands up. Jango moves to walk away from the couch but Boba jumps on his back. "Whoa!" Jango nearly falls over.

"Ooops" Boba replies with a smirk.

"Ooops my butt..." Jango says grinning.

"Zam likes your butt... she told me," Boba says with a small laugh.

"Oh really? What else does Zam tell you?" Jango asks grinning and gives Boba a piggy back ride as he heads for the door of thier apartment.

"Lot's of stuff..."

"Like what kind of 'stuff?'"

Boba just grins. "It's a secret..."

END

17. Amy21

Dec 28, 2001
    That was good. :D
    Up!

18. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    NO!! No end!! You can't leave me here!! [face_shocked]

I really love your lines:

"Zam likes your butt... she told me," Boba says with a small laugh.

[face_laugh] too funny!! Good God!! [face_laugh] :D :D

Very cute and fun story, I really enjoyed it Jango_Fett_!! You have a very cool writing style, and you are great at dialouge and personalities!

Are you planning on writing any more fics, or have you already written some?? I'd love to read more of your work!

Great job!

-~Dormé~-

19. Jango_Fett_

May 19, 2002
    ya I've written more and I'm working a new one right now.

20. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    Yipee! Do you have a link to them? What's your new fic about... lemme guess: Jango and Boba?? Puh-lease say yes!! :D I love the Fetts!!

Well, I'm accually working on my own Jango fic myself... but I'm far from finished. :p

-~Dormé~-

21. Jango_Fett_

May 19, 2002
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=7789211&replies=1

that the new story... not my best ever but it was kinda a quickie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.