main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beginning my model...

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by Earlack, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earlack

Earlack Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2006
    Hi all,
    I need for a 2min sequence a big view of Coruscant, and I decided to do it myself.
    (I'm a beginner) So I watched Ep.3 again and again to analyze Coruscant, near the Jedi Temple.
    Apparently, at this place Coruscant seems to be "blocks" of little buildings (sorry I don't have any screenshot). I thought it looks not too difficult to make something similar.
    I've got to say that the sequence include a battle...
    So I think I'll take a Jedi Temple model on scifi (with author's permission) and modelling maybe thirty of those "blocks" and assembling them together.
    I think the best solution is to start with a cube, extrude faces, add little spheres, others shapes, etc., and use Greeble...
    But, you know, I'm a begineer, I'm just not sure if it will be ok.
    What do you think about it ?
    Using a huge quantity of those blocks for foreground and also a plane with greeble for background ?

2. morpher-2005

morpher-2005 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2005
    I think, uh...what?

Just exactly how far a shot are you planning?

I think sci-fi-3D has a few Coruscant buildings anyway, why not just download them?

3. Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zaphod Beeblebrox Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 1999
    I'd say:

Plan your camera-angles first and then only model what you can see "through the camera".
    You may find that some distant buildings can actually be made in 2D or with textureing.

4. Earlack

Earlack Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2006
    Yeah, that's what I'm going to do...
    I'm doing an animatic of this sequence to define exactly what I need.
    And morpher-2005, why I don't just donwload scifi's models, hey just 'cause first if you watch the movie, at this place the buildings are not very close to scifi's models.
    And doing my own scene is the better way to learn, isn't it ? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.