main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Beginnings (Dear Diary Challenge 2010) -- OC/Kyp -- Completed 09/12/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ceillean, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001

2. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

3. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    If I manage to write another 3000 words, which I think I will, this story will have 100.000 words. Very cool, me thinks. :D

This next update is pretty long. And I estimate about two more and then I'm finished with the diary from 2010. Only took me two years to finish. :p

And, because I'm insane, I'm already plotting another part because...you know...there's a baby on the way! :D And here I thought I was done with the mushy stuff.

?I?ve never seen such an ugly piece of cloth before.?

The saleswoman, an elderly human with curly blond hair, stared at me with a look on her face that more or less told me I was a lost cause. Maybe I was because the past few dresses she?d shown me were hideous. No matter how many times I told her that I wanted a simple gown in a warm color, she kept bringing me things that hurt my eyes.

?You?re from a city, aren?t you?? She asked while snatching the dress from my hands.

?What?s that got to do with anything??

?Spoiled.?

I gaped at her and then frowned. She?d just insulted me, hadn?t she? Well, excuse me for wanting to look somewhat decent for the most important day of my life. And there was no way in the Nine Corellian Hells that I was going to wear a circus tent to my wedding.

I cleared my throat and kept my anger controlled. It wouldn?t do me any good if I got loud with the woman, even though I wanted to.

?I am not spoiled.? I said evenly, my voice calm. ?I just have a different taste, that?s all.? Given that I rarely ever wear fancy clothing, at least this time I wanted to go all out. ?This is my wedding day. And I don?t like dresses in general but for this day I?m going to make an exception. This dress has to be absolutely perfect and all these colorful gowns just aren?t going to do it.?

?I also showed you several white ??

?Yes, frilly white gowns my grandmother would have liked. Thank you but no.? I ran a hand through my hair and sighed. Back home I?d just go take a look at a different shop and back home I?d have Anja to help because she?s the fashion freak, but here on a colony world I didn?t have much of an alternative. Most of the clothing was ordered in advance and tailor made. I didn?t have the time anymore so I had to work with what the shop offered.

Which wasn?t much.

I glanced aside at Soraya who seemed to be enjoying herself a little too much. Her smile, a perpetual evil little lift of her lips, had been in place since we?d entered the shop. She seemed so much more at peace after having talked with Kyp, as if this giant weight had finally lifted off her shoulders.

?Green would suit you well.? She said. ?It would match your skin tone wonderfully. And the color would go well with the bracelet.?

I lifted my wrist and played with the jade promise stones. I could maybe work with green.

Maybe.

?Do you have a green gown?? I sighed.

I escaped the guest house just in time. Soraya was busy getting the place ready for the wedding. She planned a huge dinner party for the guests, which got me thinking ? who in the world had this woman invited?

I didn?t mind, though. The only thing that was important to me was being with Kyp. It was still kind of hard to believe that after all this time we?d finally be tying the knot.

After all we?d been through, all those ups and downs?I was overwhelmed and happy at the same time.

I could see the guest house from where I stood on a stone bridge that ran above the city towards the beach. The view was marvelous from up here especially since the sun was setting. Oranges and reds with different shades of gold.

In all honesty I truly liked this world. And for a quiet moment I wondered if we could live here. It would be calm and peaceful and away from the center of the galaxy. News of wars wouldn?t reach us here, news of which politician messed up where didn?t matter here. These people looked out for one another and they did it well.

But could we be happy here? Could Kyp be happy here?

I took a deep breath and thought about the baby. It was a perfect world to raise a child. But most of the inhabitants were older. There

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Liz in the gown shop cracked me up :D :D

Green would go delightfully with her coloring :*

Loved her and Kyp on the bridge at sunset - SQUEE!

Ahna - cool stuff with the confiding with Liz.

And woohoo! the Nikk/Anja arrival :cool: I know Liz was glad and thrilled!

Eagerly awaiting the ceremony. [face_batting]

Big hugs!

5. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    The emotions packed inside the dining room made me dizzy. It was similar to the feeling you get when a dozen people have used too much perfume or cologne and you can?t open a window in time before you pass the hell out.

I sat beside Kyp at the dining table, fingering my empty glass while everyone else around me was talking. I?d just finished my third glass of yolis juice, a popular drink with the children in the colony. According to Ahna the secret ingredient was the spider honey Kyp had introduced me to when we?d first arrived on Deyer. I looked into the empty glass and swirled the last drop around by twisting my wrist. The silver bracelet gently clanged against it.

Soraya had outdone herself with dinner but I still couldn?t get myself to eat anything. Honestly, who in my position would be able to eat? So I grabbed the pitcher of juice and poured yet another glass while Anja, sitting opposite me, gave me a narrowed eyed look I had no chance of escaping.

?What?s up with you?? She asked.

I was overwhelmed that she and Nikk were here. Of all the things I?d expected, Anja showing up hadn?t been one of them. Since the wedding had been so short notice, I?d accepted that none of my friends would be there to share in this wonderful occasion but Kyp had surprised me yet again. All those times he?d been away ?taking care of something? or ?getting something done?, using the com console in the middle of the night he?d truly been making sure that our wedding would be an unforgettable day.

If Anja and Nikk had shown up, who else had Kyp invited short notice?

?What do you mean?? I asked, setting the pitcher down and going for my glass again.

?You seem different.?

I was the same as always. Well, the fact aside that I was now with child. Otherwise, I was just plain old me.

Anja, on the other hand, had changed greatly. She?d cut her hair short, spiky and all over the place, and dyed it a light blond. I was used to Anja changing her appearance on a regular basis but I?d never seen her blond before. It looked?different. There was a harder edge to her persona now, something you?d expect to see on someone who?d been through a life altering experience.

Unless, of course, she had?

?What happened to you, Anja?? She blinked, surprised that I shot her question right back. ?You usually don?t change your hairstyle just for the hell of it.?

Anja stuffed a spoonful of vegetables into her mouth and quietly chewed. She avoided looking at me but I was patient. I?d wait it out. Eventually, she?d open up and tell me what had happened in her life while Kyp and I had been out here having a vacation.

I felt bad about that. We?d basically let them carry the burden back home on Coruscant while we ran away. What kind of friends does that make us?

I looked up to say as much to Anja, to apologize because what ever had happened, it felt like it was my fault. But Anja shook her head, lips pressed together in a fine line, eyes narrowed even more. ?Don?t you even think about it.?

Fine.

I turned my attention to Kyp and Nikk, goofing around at the table like adolescents. It was nice seeing Kyp so?free. And when the two of them weren?t calling each other stupid names, they managed a decent conversation with Sol. He turned out to be a wonderful and highly interesting man. He ran a wholesale liquor business on a planet in the Outer Rim, export and import with native beverages. Some sort of fancy wine and extraordinarily expensive whisky the high society on Coruscant seemed to favor. Not my cup of tea so I barely followed the conversation. But when Sol cleared his throat and shot Soraya a small smile, I listened. ?Your parents were wonderful people, Kyp.? He said quietly, taking Soraya?s hand and squeezing. ?Has mother told you about your father??

Instantly all eyes were on Kyp. I could tell that he felt uncomfortable. The spotlight was on him from each and every angle and everyone at the table was awaiting his answer. ?We haven?t had the chance.?

Sol smiled. ?Of course. You have a big day ahead of you tomorrow.? He held up his half empty

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_thinking] Very interesting turn of events and very likely with a Force sensitive youngling growing inside. It'll definitely make life more interesting LOL but now that they're forewarned, Liz can probably use techniques to soften the strength and/or intensity.

Eagerly awaiting now the gal-pal talk ;)

@};-

P.S., I love PMs that say there's another update [face_laugh] -- [face_dancing] No probl - yayness as a matter of fact.

7. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Argh! I missed updates! And such nice updates they were. I love seeing Kyp and Liz like this, I really do.

I smiled when Nikk and Anja showed up! Yay! Wonder what's going on with Anja, though.

And Liz's sudden new talents intrigue me... I wonder if it is the child. If so, that could get interesting! Especially since it's Kyp's kid, so s/he's probably going to be pretty strong!

Great updates! =D=

8. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Huge thanks to Iverna! [:D] She gave me some really great ideas, especially concerning the color green. ;)

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]I insisted quite loudly that Kyp spend the remainder of the evening hanging out with his new guy friends. Soraya’s herbal tea made me feel near human again so I retired to our room with Anja. She pretended to be her normal self but something was wrong. And I didn’t need the Force to notice it, either.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]A sixth sense among friends, I suppose.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]“[FONT=Arial]I went to your place to grab a few of your things.” Anja grimaced. “We need to go shopping, by the way. But…um…your brother left a few messages.” Anja said while she dropped one of the bags on my bed. “You didn’t tell him you were leaving?”[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]“[FONT=Arial]Didn’t think he needed to know. We’re not really close.” I sat back on the sofa with my feet up on the table. Usually something I didn’t do because feet generally do not belong on a table but I was simply too tired. I felt drained, like someone had opened a faucet and all the energy was running out. “Was there something specific he wanted?”[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]I closed my eyes and listened to Anja unzip the bags she brought along. “Not sure. He asked for you to return his calls as soon as possible. It sounded pretty urgent.” She lowered her voice, cleared her throat, which suddenly had all sorts of alarm bells going off in the back of my head. There was something in the way she spoke, something in the timbre of her voice that was simply off.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]“[FONT=Arial]What aren’t you telling me?”[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Anja snorted. “Don’t know what you’re talking about.” She shook her head and threw an empty bag back onto the floor. From where I sat I couldn’t really make out what she’d unpacked but it looked like something glossy and shimmery, something utterly girly. Inwardly, I cringed.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]“[FONT=Arial]Stop lying, woman.” I raised my voice just a little. Enough with the games, enough with the subterfuge. “You can’t lie worth crap and you know it. And especially not to me.”[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]She turned to face me and heaved a heavy sigh. She seemed tired, on edge and basically completely drained. Up until now she had kept up the façade of [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial][I]I’m-okay[/I][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial] but she shed the mask and let herself fall onto the bed. “Eliziya, I –“[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]I raised my brows. She never called me by my full name.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Never.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]“[FONT=Arial]There were more messages besides Kyrian’s.” She continued.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]“[FONT=Arial]And?” I tried keeping my temper in check. I just hate having to poke for information. “Go on, dammit.”[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]“[FONT=Arial]There were a few messages left by some guy.”[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Instantly my heart started beating faster. I could feel it in my throat. My fingers shook and I balled my hand into a tight fist. “What did he say?”[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]“[FONT=Arial]Stuff I really don’t want to repeat right now. He wasn’t nice about it, let’s put it that way.”[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]I didn’t want to get upset, especially not on the evening before my wedding. I dropped my feet back to the floor and sat forward, elbows on my knees. I took deep, steadying breaths and kept telling myself, like a mantra over and over again, [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial][I]watch that temper, watch that temper, watch that temper.[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]“[FONT=Arial]What did he say, Anja?”[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]“[FONT=Arial]Liz, can’t this wait? Tomorrow’s your big day, sweetheart. Let’s not ruin your last evening –”[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]“[FONT=Arial]What. Did. He. Say.” I wasn’t going to play around with her. I wanted answers. Period.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]“[FONT=Arial]He said he’s going to finish what [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial][I]he[/I][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial] started.” Anja shrugged. “He kept stressing [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial][I]he[/I][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial] and it sounded like a crazed religious freak, you know? Like he was talking about some God. Only with a few more choice words, if you get my meaning. It was pretty damned scary. All the messages were the same and – I don’t know. There was something wrong with his voice.” She worried her lip a little. “Creepy son of a sith. Do you know who he is?”[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]I nodded. “I have a pretty good idea.” I rubbed my eyes and just tried hard not to think. Which didn’t work of course. Trying to create emptiness in my mind just made me think of Vance and his ugly, smiling face, who I knew was locked away. But it shouldn’t have surprised me that the maniac still had his feelers out, still had control over those who were loyal to him.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Would they finish what Vance had started?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]I swallowed a growing lump in my throat. I hated going back to those few days when Vance had me imprisoned like an animal, when he had Daire – who I was certain left those messages – do the dirty work. The bruises he’d left on my body had healed but just thinking about him made said invisible bruises ache again.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]“[FONT=Arial]You know what?” I said, getting to my feet and running a hand through my hair. “Let’s not deal with this now.” Because once I started I knew I wouldn’t stop.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Anja made a face. “Didn’t I say that?”[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]I ignored her comment and gestured to my bed. “Is that a dress?”[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]“[FONT=Arial]Yep.” Anja smacked her lips. “It’s a dress. I wasn’t sure if you’d find a gown here –“[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]“[FONT=Arial]Not so much.”[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]“—[FONT=Arial]so before Nikk and I left, I went to this little boutique and grabbed it.” Anja held it up against the light. It was a beautiful dress, I had to admit. Not necessarily something I’d buy for myself because I liked it simple but for the occasion it was perfect.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]“[FONT=Arial]It’s green.” I laughed. Green seemed to be the new color.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]“[FONT=Arial]I chose green on purpose.” Anja said. “Rendering homage to Kyp’s family.”[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]I blinked. “Huh?”[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]“[FONT=Arial]Well, adoptive family. Han’s from Corellia, right? And green is Corellia’s color. And Han is his surrogate Dad so I thought the color would fit nicely.”[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]“[FONT=Arial]Wow, Anja.” I smiled at her, honestly surprised. “You put a lot of thought into this.”[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]“[FONT=Arial]Here.” Anja gently took the dress in both hands and turned my way. “Try it on.”[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]It looked like stars had been woven into the soft fabric of the bodice. The silky pale green skirt slipped over my fingers like a warm waterfall. A gauzy secondary skirt was gathered slightly to the right and pinned with three green flowers. And even though flowers are not necessarily a fashion statement I agree with, it actually looked pretty nice. Two more flowers on the left shoulder completed the gown.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]“[FONT=Arial]I’ve never worn anything like this before.” I said, pursing my lips. “You think this’ll look nice?”[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]“[FONT=Arial]Of course it will!”[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]“[FONT=Arial]Do you think Kyp will like it?” I asked quietly.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Anja nearly smacked me for that question. “He isn’t a blind moron, you know. Of course he’ll like it. Now try it on!”[/FONT][/COLOR]

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh sh*****t! Those goons are still - lurking, like grizzlies in your back yard waiting for you to stick one big toe out your back door :eek:

Eeeep! I hope Anja does say something or Nikk does otherwise they'll be doing the j/J decade and longer tap dance :p [face_frustrated]

But that dress! is. to die. for.

It'll be all Kyp can do not to take it off her in front of the celebrants LOL

Yummy style and color!

And perfect. [face_love]

10. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Jade's right, that dress is simply beautiful. @};-

Nikk and Anja...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I think they just need a little push (or slap upside the head:p ) in the right direction. Wedding are the perfect place for new love to blossom.

11. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    This bit here actually belongs to the previous post but I can't edit.

A while later, I snuck into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of white wine from the cooling unit. I heard the men still quietly talking in the adjacent room. A part of me wanted to walk in and simply give my husband-to-be a quick hug but I chose not to disturb them. They were so preoccupied that Kyp didn’t even notice my presence. So who was I to interrupt?

Up in our room, Anja sat on the floor with her datapad and a stack of datacards at her side. I set the bottle of wine on the table, along with two glasses. One I filled with wine, the other I filled with sparkling water.

What are you looking at?” I asked, sitting down cross-legged next to her and handing her the glass of wine.

She took it and gestured to a few pictures on the screen. With the press of a button, the 2D image popped up above the datapad, a colorful hologram of a woman with amazing hair. “I think you could make this work.” Anja said.

I raised my brows. The hairstyle was beautiful, yes, and it involved a whole lot of pins and curls and glittery stuff. “I was hoping to keep it simple.”

You can’t keep it simple when you’re wearing a non-simple dress, Liz.”

I sighed and didn’t comment any further. But there was a little something that was still bugging me. “Speaking of hair – why’d you cut yours?”

Anja shrugged. She’s always been proud of her long wavy curls so the fact that she’d cut it was like waving a red flag in my face.

Just because.”

That’s not an answer.”

Anja sighed and set the datapad aside. She took her wine glass in one delicate hand and held it to her lips but she didn’t drink. She stared ahead at nothing in particular, thinking. After a moment of silence she said, “I lost the moon while I was looking at the stars, Liz.”

I frowned. “Pardon?”

Nikk.” She sighed. “I like him, Liz. I like him a lot. But I was too afraid to tell him. I imagined what it would be like with him, you know? I imagined a lot of things with Nikk but I never acted on what my heart wanted.”

And?” I prompted.

The moment passed. I lost the moon while staring at the stars.” She blinked and drank her glass empty in one go

“He hooked up with some other girl. And when I saw them together I realized I needed to change something.
    Anything. So I started with the hair.”

I didn’t know what to say. Was it even my place to say anything?

You should talk to him.” I said after a while. “He might not know how you feel.”

Wouldn’t make a difference.” Anja set the glass on the table and picked up a datacard, shoving it into the appropriate slot in her datapad. “Nikk, as we all know, has a huge mouth. So if he’d have any kind of feelings for me, he’d have said so already.”

I sighed.

Obviously, Anja didn’t know Nikk at all.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Beginnings! [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Nikk's unusual silence when it comes to Anja is a sure sign he's serious about her - otherwise he'd just flirt and tease and that'd be it [face_thinking]

"He would have said something already" -- [face_laugh] [face_laugh] - that kind of logic is a lady thing. Guys apparently don't work that way o_O

(Even Correllians are strangely uncommunicative when it comes to admitting they like someone, even though they can vent about everything else) :rolleyes:

Do love having this fic again! :)

Ceillean likes this.
  13. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    And now for the actual LONG update. Beware the mush. :p

The Wedding

The woman in the mirror was beautiful.

Dark curls framed her face and an elegant glass tiara sat atop her head. Small green and white pearls were festooned to a few strands of hair, subtle make-up brightened her features and white jewels sparkled in her earlobes and around her slender neck.

The beautiful gown that Anja brought as a gift fit her perfectly, tight around the chest yet flowing around the legs and the different hues of spring green made her glow.

Unbelievably, this woman in the mirror was me.

You look amazing.” Soraya said as she handed me a bouquet of freshly cut flowers held together by a thick green ribbon to fit the color scheme. She took my hand and touched the promise bracelet around my wrist, her smile so radiant it lit up the pavilion that was set up on the beach.

I glanced at a time piece atop the dressing table. Just a few more minutes before I would walk along a stretch of white velvet carpet to where my husband-to-be awaited me.

Thank you.” I whispered, closing my eyes and raising the bouquet to my nose. I breathed in deeply, once, twice, three times. I was nervous and yet at the same time I knew that there was no reason to be.

I knew this day would come.” As Anja spoke I turned to face her. She looked lovely in a dark blue satin gown with twinkling jewels adorning her wrists and neck. I imagined that maybe someday Anja would be in my place and Nikk at her side. All they had to do was discard the stupid stubborness and open up their eyes and see. “You doubted it, didn’t you?” She said.

I shrugged. “Maybe a little. We had more downs than ups so you can’t really blame me.” And wasn't that the understatement of the millennium.

She was silent as she approached on bare feet. “Destiny doesn’t care about ups and downs, sweetie. The two of you, you’re meant for each other.” She took my hand and squeezed while I tried not to raise a questioning eyebrow. Since when did Anja go down the romantic and mushy path?

I smiled awkwardly but then I sighed. At some point you just have to accept what's right in front of you. Because although I was never one to believe in things such as fate and destiny, I found myself agreeing with her. In my heart I knew that it was true. Whatever life threw at us we mastered it. Either apart or together we always found our way, we made it around obstacles and difficulties and our destination had always been Deyer, had always been this day.

I took another deep breath and silently took a look around the pavilion. The wedding was held on the beach where sun and water kiss the sand. To get ready for this big day, as is tradition on Deyer, Kyp and I got dressed separately. I hadn't seen him in over twenty four hours and I was damned curious. I turned to the exit, moved the flap aside and I saw him with Nikk.

The mere sight of him took my breath away. “He looks like a King.” I said, sighing like a love struck teenager. Dressed in off white linen pants and tunic, he wore his dark, almost black, hair open and it touched his shoulders in thick waves. Along his forehead I saw a thin strap of leather and in its center a white stone, a family relic and a traditional headpiece for the groom.

And so he should.” Soraya said as she stood beside me. “Because today he is King. And you are his Queen.” She took my hand and the silver bracelet with the promise stones jingled softly. “United you will stand before the Goddess and receive her blessings.”

He doesn't believe in the Goddess.” I said quietly.

Soraya shrugged. “Goddess or the Force...it's all the same to me.”

I didn't answer. Instead I shifted my attention to the guests waiting for the procession to begin. I was astounded and surprised for so many had arrived. My brother Kyrian and his wife Sera, their twins and the new little boy who I had yet to meet. Han Solo and Leia seated at the front along with Jaina and Jag and a small entourage of security men clad in lovely suits that fit the occasion. Kyp's uncle Sol and his cousin Ahna were at the very front with a woman I presumed was Ahna's mother. Also, half the village had assembled and all seats were taken, all one hundred and fifty of them.

It took a long moment for me to recognize her but my mother, regal and proud with her head held high, sat beside my brother. Within that long moment it felt like the world had stopped, sucked in a breath and held it and everything just stopped. Her black hair hung over her shoulders and clashed against the white of the chair. I couldn't remember the last time I saw her with her hair down. I swallowed. I didn't expect to see her here, I didn't believe she would care. And suddenly I feel tears stinging my eyes.

Our past didn't matter at that moment. No. What mattered was that she'd come, that she was here to support her daughter.

She came.” I said quietly, realizing that Kyp had given me this gift, that he had made this possible. And words suddenly failed me. All that was important was how much I loved the man who had made all this possible.

The aisle was a thick white carpet that stretched several meters to a smaller pavilion under which Kyp patiently waited. Music, soft tones and a beautiful melody, was played by a three man band somewhere off the left of the guests. They guests stood, all as one and then they turned to regard me as I began walking.

I smiled and tried not to trip over my feet. Wouldn't have surprised me in the least because hey, special event and all, why not make a damned fool out of myself? I've never liked being the center of attention and now dressed up like a Princess I felt strange, I felt open to the world. Luckily I made it without falling flat on my face or my butt. I ignored the looks and the awed whispers and instead cast my attention onto Kyp. His eyes shone brightly as he watched me and his smile with its boyish charm made my heart flutter.

The music stopped. Anja took the bouquet of flowers and Kyp then linked his hands with mine. Soraya stepped up from her chair holding a thin white band embroidered with ancient words to bless the happy couple. She tied it loosely around our entwined hands and quietly spoke.

We are here as witnesses to this union.” As the eldest surviving member of Kyp's family, she was chosen to lead the ceremony. I met her eyes and I see happiness along with pride and gratefulness to be allowed to bless us in the name of her people.

Kyp cleared his throat and squeezed my hand. I felt the beat of his heart through our bond, the little eddies of nervousness. But he spoke as if he didn't have a care in the world, he spoke as the person that he is. Truthful, upstanding and proud.

In the presence of our friends and family I make this vow. My dearest Eliziya.” He took a breath and smiled slightly, the kind of smile that was always my undoing. “You are my partner in life and my one true love. I take you to be my friend, my lover, the mother of my children. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before.” He lifted our entwined hands to his lips and kissed my knuckles in succession. He took his time and I enjoyed every second of it, listening as the bracelet dangled from my wrist. “Five promises I make and five promises I shall keep until the day I take my very last breath.”

He closed his eyes for just a moment. “I promise to love you unconditionally. No matter what, my feelings for you will never change. I promise to be faithful, my dearest Eliziya.” He tucked a strand of wayward hair behind my ear. “You are the only one for me, forever and always. I promise kindness and compassion, even in situations where you wouldn't expect it from me.” He smiled then because he knew how much his stubbornness could grate all the wrong nerves sometimes. “I promise to make you laugh whenever I can and I promise my support in everything you do.” He took a breath and continued. “I will trust you and I respect you. I will laugh with you and cry with you. I will love you through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my hand, my heart and my love, from this day forward as long as we both shall live.”

I swallowed as tears welled and slowly ran down my cheek. In all my life no one has ever said anything this beautiful before. Not even remotely close. I was in total shock and I knew he sensed it. He smiled and made a little face. In a low whisper he said, “It's your turn, sweetheart.”

I cleared my throat. “What can I say to you that I haven't already said? What can I give to you that I haven't already given? How can I look at you when you look at me like I'm the only one here? Why can I tell you everything that I can't tell anyone else? Why do you make me feel the way that I do?” I moistened my lips and sent a little prayer to whoever might here to make my beating heart quiet down a little. “There comes a time in everyone's life that all you can see are the years passing by and I've made up my mind that I want to spend those years with you. You walked into my life when I needed you the most. You've stayed with me through all these years. No matter what I do I will always carry you in my heart. Our memories will always make us smile and our laughs will never stop. I'll stay with you until the daylight dims and you'll hold me until the sun rises. I want to spend every moment I have with you. Through the ups and downs my decision is final. You've helped me out of the dark and broke down the door to my heart.” My voice quivered, my knees shook but I had only one last thing to say and I said it with conviction. “I love you.”

He kissed me. It was a soft kiss but he deepened it just a moment later, lifting his free hand to touch my face. I replied in kind and our guests began to clap and cheer. A soft breeze brought along the salty tang of the sea as we parted and smiled at each other. There was a glint in his eyes and I knew that I made the right decision. I was truly looking forward to spending the rest of my life with this man, the rogue Jedi Master, who means the universe to me.

Nikk was the highlight of the party. It wasn't surprising in the least. He held a very funny speech about how Kyp and Nikk had gotten into trouble at the Academy, driving Master Skywalker nearly insane, how Nikk had never, ever, ever, ever believed that Kyp of all people would ever find a woman who'd willingly stay at his side and said woman didn't even have four arms. He made the guests laugh and Nikk made me realize that we were truly lucky and blessed to have such a great friend. Of course, Nikk wouldn't be Nikk if didn't end the speech saying something stupid.

A man is incomplete until he is married.” He lifted his glass filled with sparkling wine and smiled. “After that he's finished.” He winked at Kyp who laughed and squeezed my hand.

While Kyp and I shook hands and held small talk with our guests, I was astounded that so many had come. When Kyp had proposed, I'd expected a small wedding but this was beyond what I'd imagined. It was even the decorations or the dress or the amazing cake Soraya had surprised us with – it was the fact that so many people cared about us and didn't want us to spend this special day alone.

I took a deep, quivering breath and left Kyp to talk with Han and his uncle. My mother smiled as I approached her. I hadn't seen in her in several years and Gods..she'd aged so much. I felt a slight pang of guilt but then I remembered rather quickly what this woman had put me through and the anger I'd built up over the year returned. I didn't let it show.

Mother.” I said quietly, awkwardly.

Eliziya.” Her smile was radiant and it lit up her eyes. For a moment it felt like I was looking into a mirror of the future. I saw so much in her face that reminded me of myself. “You look stunning.” Hera placed her hands on my arms, which was the closest I'd ever gotten to a hug.

Thank you. I'm happy you're here. Although I am surprised.”

Well, your husband made quite a case when he called.”

I glanced over my shoulder to where Kyp stood. Engrossed in his conversation with Han and Sol, he didn't notice me looking. “He asked you to come.” I said quietly. “He invited everyone.” I looked away and swallowed. I felt Hera's dark eyes on me and when I glanced back up to meet her gaze I was surprised to see a flash of fear. She was afraid of rejection and I suddenly had the feeling that she was searching for something. Perhaps redemption, forgiveness, peace.

Kyp had found his family here. It was time for me to reunite with mine.

For the first time in so many years, I laid my arms around my mother and hugged her tightly.

Eventually, I changed into a more comfortable dress because I couldn't dance with the skirt slipping underneath my feet all the time. I can't even stress how much I dislike dancing. I'm so bad at it and I knew I'd keep stepping on Kyp's toes. But he had a great idea – he danced with me standing on his feet from the get-go. I felt like a little girl again as Kyp spun around and I held on tightly. The rest of the evening went by in a flash. Friends and family danced and laughed and a few had a bit too much to drink but overall, it was the most wonderful day ever. I didn't want it to end but when it did I was the happiest person in the galaxy. And not to forget, I was Kyp Durron's wife.

Where are we going?” I asked, stifling a yawn. Soraya had made sure that our guests were settled in the guesthouse and I had thought we'd be joining them but Kyp had planned something else. I followed him down a path to the beach in the dark, our only light source a brilliant white moon up ahead.

The sound of the waves was soothing and the scent of saltwater brought along a sense of home.

I'm not about to spend my wedding night in a guesthouse.” Kyp said, gripping my hand as he led the way to wherever it was he was headed. Several minutes passed in which he sometimes stopped just to kiss me or to goof around but eventually he led me to a small section of the beach where he'd put up a pavilion and underneath a thick blanket. I saw a picnic basket, a bottle of wine and a whole lot of space for the two of us to cuddle up.

This is amazing, Kyp.” I said as he encircled my waist with his arms. My back against his chest, I turned towards the ocean. So vast and so beautiful, endless freedom. I lifted my head and Kyp lowered his lips to mine.

This is all for you, my love.” He said against my lips. “All for you.”

The wind swept his hair away and I used the moment to kiss him. Several minutes passed as we stood there holding each other without a care in the world. Kyp slid his hands to my slightly rounded belly and closed his eyes. The Force all around us flickered as he reached out to the unborn child with his senses. “His heart is strong.” He whispered.
    I sighed, content. Together we were heading towards an unknown future yet side by side, hand in hand and with a beautiful boy on the way, I knew that nothing – absolutely nothing – was ever going to tear us apart.

We were a family now.
    I couldn't have been happier.

Finished! :D After two years, finally finished. Maybe I'll get around to writing a sequel.

Jade_eyes , Kailene

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUGGLES! on the vows, on Liz and Hera and the final ocean scene.

I adored every syllable of this and of Awakened. I believe I love K/L's journey more than any other SW couple's. [face_shhh]

[face_love] [face_love]

A Vaporized Jade

Ceillean likes this.