main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Beginnings (Dear Diary Challenge 2010) -- OC/Kyp -- Completed 09/12/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ceillean, Dec 31, 2009.

1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I just love Anja :D And the part about Kyp throwing the first punch cracked me up :D He raelly is sweet to Liz :)

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    ?You started a fight?? Anja asked with raised brows, crossing her legs at the ankles and shooting an awkward look Kyp?s way. ?I mean, you?re a Jedi. Aren?t you one of the guys always preaching to the younglings not to start fights??

He lifted his lips into an impish little smile and simply shrugged. ?That?s different.?

She snorted. ?So what happened afterward??

There was a sudden soft beeping sound going through the small backroom that had us all glancing towards the only door. Someone had activated the locking mechanism. Anja jumped up and her chair toppled over backward and her eyes were wide as she no doubt imagined the beasty girlfriend waiting outside to bite her head off.

?Liz, do something!? She hissed.

?Me?? I asked a bit perturbed, looking from Anja to Kyp while placing my hands on my hips. ?Why does it always have to be me??

Kyp lifted his hands into the air and shook his head. ?Do not look at me.?

Figures.

Anja all but ran towards me and grabbed my hands. ?Please, please, please Liz!?

Wow. Anja was seriously afraid, wasn?t she? Although I don?t know what she was afraid of because I was pretty sure she could defend herself quite well. Not only did she have the training to do so but most people turned away once she started mouthing off at them. So whoever this woman was?huh.

I made a mental note to definitely meet her.

?It could be anyone, Anja. Calm down.?

?And whoever it is will throw us out because we?re not supposed to be in here.?

I pursed my lips.

She had a point.

Damn.

I didn?t feel like going back out to the wedding just yet. A few more minutes of quiet sounded marvelous. So I had exactly half a minute to come up with a plan so whoever it was at the door would turn around and leave.

I sighed.

?Fine.?

I started taking out the thousand and one pins the hairdresser had stashed into this elaborate hairstyle ? it was already giving me a headache, just for the record. It was so wonderfully refreshing when the weight atop my head lessened. Who?d have thought?

?What are you up to?? Kyp asked with a frown.

I grinned at him and wiggled my eyebrows suggestively. ?You?ll see.?

I ran my hands through my sticky, gluey, hair-sprayed hair while taking a step towards the stack of table cloths. I tore one free, shook it out a bit and held it up to my chest as if I wanted to cover?well, my modesty if you catch my drift. Thanks to the strapless dress, I could actually pull it off.

?Watch and learn, Anja dearest.? I said, heading to the door.

I took a quick glance over my shoulder and gestured for Anja and Kyp to get out of sight. Otherwise this perfect plan wouldn?t work.

Just as the door opened, I slapped the controls and it stopped to leave a crack just wide enough that I could see a maid along with a droid, the maid staring at me with wide eyes. She was a young woman, with flaming red hair and blue eyes and when she actually realized what was going on, she smiled.

?Um?? I cleared my throat. ?Could you come back later maybe??

?You aren?t supposed to be in here.? She said, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

I pretended to look over my shoulder, giggled a little and turned my attention back to the girl. ?I know but it?s hard to come by privacy at the moment. We?re sort of?you know?in the middle of something.?

For a moment she didn?t say anything at all and I thought my perfect plan would fail. But then she smiled and nodded. ?Will an hour be enough??

An hour?!

Hell, at that moment the thought of throwing Anja out was very, very, very tempting.

?More than enough. Thanks.? I winked at her and touched the controls to close the door.

Anja stepped forward and hugged me. She more or less knocked the wind out of me with that hug.

?Thanks.?

?See how easy that was?? I shrugged out of her rancor hold when Kyp approached with a smile that had me all jittery inside. An hour!

Damn you, Anja.

?That was very creative.? Kyp whispered, kissing my cheek.

Anja cleared her throat when she sat back down on her chair. ?Now that we have an hour to spare ??

Inwardly I sighed.

?What hap

3. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    I started taking out the thousand and one pins the hairdresser had stashed into this elaborate hairstyle ? it was already giving me a headache, just for the record. It was so wonderfully refreshing when the weight atop my head lessened. Who?d have thought?

Totally understand.

Love her plan! Great update!

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful wonderful wonderful. =D= So sorry Kyp had to have all those losses and so glad Liz is gonna be there to heal them properly. They didn't heal before because she wasn't around and he buried them underneath durasteel armor plating with a big signage: I don't care and don't want to. :p [face_thinking]

Too bad she wasn't around for him as the war stuff was going on. :( :(

~~~~~~

An hour -- yup, three's a crowd in that kind of sitch. LOL

[face_mischief]

5. EmpressJainaSoloFel

EmpressJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2009
    Liz FTW!!! She totally rocked it!

6. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Awww!! Go Liz!! Very cute :)

7. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Liz's plan was simply brillant !!![face laugh] =D=

?What are you up to?? Kyp asked with a frown.

I grinned at him and wiggled my eyebrows suggestively. ?You?ll see.?
    Kyp knows her all to well!!!

For a moment she didn?t say anything at all and I thought my perfect plan would fail. But then she smiled and nodded. ?Will an hour be enough??

An hour?!
    They have just got to get rid of Anja !!!:p

8. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I've changed the title, as you can see. :) A working title because I might change it again. :p The way I had this planned -- it won't work so I've tweaked the story a bit, changed a lot.

Hope you'll like it all the same. :)

?Do you want me to go out first?? Kyp asked as he pinched the bridge of his nose and tried very hard not to laugh. Anya shot him a scowl over her shoulder before taking a quick peek into the corridor and when she was satisfied that there was no one there, she breathed a sigh of relief.

?I?m capable of doing this on my own, thank you very much.?

?You sure about that??

I watched the two of them, mildly amused. It was odd, really. If you knew Anja, you knew that she could be a cold hearted witch if she wanted to be, you knew that she could fight and fend for herself and you also knew that she had the kindest heart, the warmest soul you could ever hope for in a person. So seeing her like this because of a stranger was?[i]different[/i].

?Do you know the woman?? I asked thoughtfully.

?I?ve seen her around.?

?And??

?And nothing.?

I arched my brows at her. There was something she wasn?t telling me but knowing it would get me nowhere to prod on, I let the matter drop. But, of course, made a note to myself to squeeze all the information out of her later when there was no one in earshot.

Anja stepped into the corridor with her head held high and she placed a fake smile on her face. The guests from the reception hall were laughing loudly when we entered and the reason why a few of the guests were actually holding their stomachs was Wes Janson up on stage. At first look I thought he was holding a furry ball in his hands but after a moment I realized it was indeed a tiny, little stuffed Ewok.

Going by the tales I?d heard about Wes Janson, the thing with the Ewok was funny in itself. And watching him talk to it as if it were a real person was totally hilarious. The man was an ace at making faces.

Anja nudged me from behind and I followed her gaze towards Anakin and Tahiri, both speaking animatedly with Cem Fel. A small smile spread into a big fat grin as Anja left my side and approached the trio. I wondered if the woman would ever learn.

Cem seemed like a nice guy and a voice inside my head beckoned to warn him about how Anja could easily just push him aside for the next best thing. And they say guys are the ones who have trouble using their brains?

My attention drifted towards the Solo/Fel family table. Jag and Jaina sat next to each other, holding hands while they talked with their parents and all those who passed by to congratulate and chit chat. Jaina looked marvelous in her dress and I was again completely awed at how much a simple gown could change someone?s appearance. And she was happy. There was a light in her eyes that had dimmed over the past few years but today ? today she was simply happy.

While Kyp spoke in hushed tones with Jag, I noticed an elderly man staring in our direction. At first I thought there was someone behind me but when I looked over my shoulder, there was no one there. Frowning, I glanced back his way and a cold shiver ran down my spine at the coldness I saw in this strangers? pale grey eyes. I had never seen this man before so I was more than just a little confused as to why he was staring at me. Me, of all people. I was a nobody in this group of wedding guests, just an average young lady at a wedding. At least I would like to think so.

I turned away from the man, feeling completely vulnerable all of a sudden. His gaze was penetrating as if he could see right into my soul. He lifted a wineglass to his lips and I swear he smiled at me. I felt so uncomfortable all of a sudden that I quickly turned away, taking a deep breath and telling myself there was nothing to worry about.

?Uh?I think Anja needs help.?

I turned towards Kyp?s amused voice, then looked over at Anja and Tahiri, who were gesticulating wildly while talking to an older woman who looked absolutely stunning. She wore a rather tight fitting dark blue gown and it twinkled when she moved, like

9. Kailene

Feb 17, 2009
    Love the new title. It takes your mind in so many different directions.:)

Anja :rolleyes: [face_laugh] !! If there is one person you probably don't want to mess with its Shada! Maybe, she'll learn her lesson this time. I doubt it though.

Pretty creepy old man, very ominous. How does he know Liz and what does he want with her?

10. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    [face_thinking] Hm, wonder who the creepy dude it.

[face_laugh] Wes and his ewoks.

Great update.

11. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    I really, really want to know who that guy is. I've experienced many of those weird old man times in my life.

But this guy sounds... like he has a plan up his sleeves, and not one I would like.

Anyways, great update :)

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ceil -- oh I love the title and the air of mysteriousness and you've tweaked it so well that no one would ever know you didn't start out with the plot set up this way to start. :D

13. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

14. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    ?What have you done??

I whirled around at the squeaky exclamation, eyes wide because I really thought I had done something terribly wrong. Tenel Ka approached me with long strides, hands on her hips and giving me that typical Mom look ? you know the one that makes you want to turn around and leave the scene of the crime. We?ve all seen that look on occasion.

?What?? I stammered, completely befuzzled and confused.

Tenel Ka grabbed my elbow and led me down the corridor towards the fresher ? I was on my way there anyway. You can only take so many glasses of wine and juice until nature calls.

When we passed the threshold into the restroom, Tenel Ka pulled me in front of the mirror and pointed at my reflection. ?I can?t have you looking like this!?

Ugh.

My hair.

I forgot that I had taken out all the pins and now the curly, straight and wavy hair strands stood up all over the place.

?People are still taking pictures, Liz. You must look your best at this wedding.?

I rolled my eyes as Tenel plucked two pins from her own hair and starting twisting and pulling around on mine. I winced but decided it would be safer not to whine. Seriously, I felt sorry for poor Allana. There wouldn?t be any rolling in the mud for her ? at least not officially.

?You look a complete mess.?

?I get the picture.?

About two minutes later she?d miraculously styled my hair into a fashionable bun and it didn?t feel like I had a ton stashed atop my head either. It was rather comfortable, I thought and it looked nice.

?This will have to do.? Tenel said.

I shrugged. ?It looks okay.?

She snorted, which totally ruined the fact that I thought I looked nice.

Well ? fine!

We left the rest room almost twenty minutes later, having caught up on gossip going around. I wasn?t into all the gossiping but it was interesting enough to keep an open ear because, honestly, you never know when such information could come in handy.

Tenel Ka headed back to Jacen and their daughter while I avoided throwing myself back into the crowd. I was still pondering about the old man and even if I wouldn?t admit it out loud, I was shaken up about it.

I walked through a side door and up a flight of stairs that led to the second story of the reception hall. There was a balcony that stretched from one end to the other and I stood up here on my own for a while, watching the mingling and dancing crowd below.

Almost automatically I looked for the old man, wondering again what the hell he wanted with me. Maybe he was just some old war veteran who?d lost his marbles along the way. Maybe his little speech to me didn?t mean anything at all and he was just trying to spark a conversation, although not very successfully.

But he?d said until next time?

A shiver ran down my spine and I rubbed my arms, taking a step back from the banister. I was ready to call it a night.

?I?ve been looking for you.?

Smiling to myself I turned around and extended a hand. Kyp came forward and I hugged him, feeling content just being near him. I stood on my toes and kissed his cheek, breathing in the spicy scent of his cologne. I laid my head on his chest and for a moment I concentrated on the steady beating of his heart and that was it. Everything else just ceased to be for a little while and I liked it that way.

?So.? Kyp said. ?Are you going to tell me what?s going on??

I sighed and looked back to the wedding guests below. It was then that I realized that this night was special to everyone in all sorts of ways. For Jaina and Jag it was obvious. This was the official beginning of their lives together as husband and wife. For Tenal Ka and Jacen it was more or less the first time together in public as a real family with their daughter Allana. And for Anja ? maybe running into Shada would make her think about her actions, about how she could destroy relationships by her behavior. And then, of course, there were Anakin and Tahiri. No doubt they were up next with getting hitched.

Yeah, this day was a special day for our friends and for us ? meaning Kyp and myself ? as well. I couldn?t shake

15. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] Busted by Tenel Ka. Uh oh.

[face_thinking] Interesting dream.

Great update

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    First scene: Blast it! I wanted Kyp to go all ballistic too LOL on Darth Whoisthat? [face_laugh] He sounds like a Sith looks with those cryptic words and all ;)

Scene 2 -- Squeeeeee!

The last part: [face_worried] Those are the worst kind of dreams -- they start out all nice and sweet and end kind of ominous and mysterious :eek: [face_thinking]

How someone could have a vendetta against Liz personally o_O

Eagerly very eagerly awaiting more!!!!

Mary Higgins Clark mystery blended with mush! Like it!!!

[face_dancing]

[:D]

17. Kailene

Feb 17, 2009
    Liz being busted by Tenel, and the expression on Tenel face - priceless. I remember my mom leveling that gaze at my sister and I many times.

Kyp denying that he goes ballistic and their banter,[face_laugh] great !! Glad she told him about the old man.

[face_love] We can't forget to mention them in their suite.[face_love]Never enough mush. Glad that they finally got some time alone.

18. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    I agree completely! I think there's a lot more backstory here, and I can't wait to find out!

19. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    The following morning we were one of the first guests to pack up and leave. Along with Anakin, Tahiri and Anja, we were headed back home to Coruscant on Anja?s little ship. Her prized possession and it was very unwise to whine about her ship ? she?d throw you out and make you push.

Before we left though, we had a late breakfast with the newlyweds and their family. It was fun, a small group of people sitting around a beautifully decorated table and although we had a great time, there was a shadow hanging above us; we?d all be saying good-bye soon.

I?d come to consider Jaina a very good friend but now at Jag?s side, life was forever changed. There wouldn?t be any late night visits with a movie and chocolate ice cream. I would miss those times where we would just hang out and do nothing at all besides talk about girly stuff and men. Especially when Anja was around.

Jag and Jaina were heading off towards their honeymoon destination a few hours later. They kept it a big secret where they were going, all Jaina mentioned was the fact that the place was beautiful and warm. Officially, no one could reach them but unofficially I?m pretty sure they would both be carrying their comlinks in case of emergency. An emergency being the end of the galaxy or some such.

I hate goodbyes. So after breakfast, all I did was give Jag and Jaina a quick hug and I wished them all the best in the world. And cute little kids, of course. Who knew when I?d get to see them in person again? I was certain they?d show up in the news quite a few times, especially after the wedding but seeing them face to face?it would take a while.

I didn?t say goodbye ? I said see you later instead.

?How long until we get home?? Kyp asked while he slouched in the co-pilots chair aboard Anja?s ship. What kind of ship it was, I have no idea. I have no clue whatsoever about flying vehicles. For me it?s enough that the thing can take me from point A to point B. In one piece, of course.

?It?ll take as long as it takes.? She answered patiently as if talking to a child, while her fingers flew across the controls.

?Well, how long will it take??

Anja gave him a sidelong glance and Kyp stared back with a plain face, expressionless although I could see amusement sparking behind his eyes.

?Are we going to go through this again?? Anja asked, leaning back and crossing her arms in front of her chest.

?Are we going to go through what again??

?You pestering me with stupid questions.?

Kyp raised his brows. ?Was that a stupid question?? He turned towards me. ?Did I just ask a stupid question??

?Please leave me out of this.? I said with raised hands. They?d gone through the same procedure on the way to the wedding and I had stepped out of the cockpit because the two of them had started annoying the hell out of me. They were like two stubborn kids, neither one of them wanting to back down but?well?Anja usually won. She always had some trick up her sleeve to shut Kyp up.

Quite funny, really.

?I swear, I will lock you up in a suit and glue you to the hull, Durron.?

Kyp chuckled. ?You can?t take me, Anja.?

?I?ll have Liz tickle you.?

Pretending to be completely shocked, Kyp turned my way again with eyes wide. ?You told her!?

I shrugged. ?I told Jaina.?

?And Jaina told me. So shut up ? or it?s the tickle monster for you.?

I sat back and silently laughed to myself. I was surrounded by friends and by the man I loved; what more could I possibly ask for?

About half an hour into the flight, I got tired of listening to Anja and Kyp?s banter. Sure, the two pigheads made me laugh but you can only take so much until your head starts spinning.

I snuck out of the cockpit ? I doubt they even realized I had left ? and decided to see if I could find some sweets. No doubt Anja had something stashed aboard the ship.

When I entered the galley, Anakin and Tahiri had made themselves quite comfortable. As in very comfortable, so comfortable even that these two Jedi Knights didn?t notice me enter.

The galley looked like a living room. Anja had the floor laid out wi

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I love the fact that Jaina and Liz had girly times together and definitely now that she's married, thatt'll change; and because of where the couples are career wise/lifewise, they won't even find it easy to do things as couples :(

Liked the A/T slice of mush there. :D

And oops! When it comes to wishing for something out of the ordinary to happen, you either have to not wish it or be very specific. Something wonderfully out of the ordinary--otherwise, you'll get an icky something. :p

And Kyp being ticklish! Is that just adorable or what? Yes! =P~

21. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    A/T! :D :D :D

But seriously, as if they think they weren't going to get caught!

Nice update!

22. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    Lol at "you have to desecrate the galley?" Oh boy, you sure have Anja down pat!

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] I love Anakin and Tahiri :D I'm sad the wedding's over, though :(

And even before the last line, I was thinking, "You're going to be sorry you wanted that" 8-}

24. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

25. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Part Two ? Broken Home

Coruscant Medical Center

Three days after Jag & Jaina?s wedding

?All I?ve done is shown you a way out. But you have to walk the path on your own.?

I sat back twirling a stylus between my fingers while eying the young boy sitting opposite me. As a social worker, I had all sorts of similar cases and each and every time, my heart bled. This boy was thirteen years old, a kid off the streets whose parents didn?t care a rats? ass about him or his five year old sister.

The burden on his shoulders was nothing a child so young should have to carry but he?d made the first step into a better life all on his own.

He?d come to the clinic because his sister had broken her arm and the doctor on duty had called me because he had a feeling there was more to the story than met the eye, especially since the boy had adamantly refused to call his parents. And then, of course, there was that little thing called insurance, which both of them did not have.

Leo and Tamira Avlon came from a broken family. Their father was an ex-military officer who never accepted the fact that his time in the Imperial Navy was over. In a way it was understandable that someone could completely lose focus after years and years serving such a grand purpose and all of a sudden ? poof, all gone. But the moment kids are involved, it?s one hell of a no-go. It was his parental obligation to get his act together.

And their mother? A lost cause. When Leo came to see me several weeks ago, he showed me where he lived. It?s not standard procedure to venture out to clients? homes, especially not alone but Leo needed to show me. It felt like he needed to share this part of his life to find closure for himself.

I introduced myself to his mother, I offered to help her. If she had just accepted, things would have been so much easier but instead, she?d muttered incoherently, sat down on the sofa and did nothing at all. According to Leo, that?s all she ever did. She stared into space.

I let the clinic know and now she?s in their hands.

?Do you really think it?ll be better if we leave? My sister, she?s still so little.?

I sat forward and smiled kindly. Everything inside me wanted to take him in. I had this feeling with more than half the clients I dealt with. I wanted to help each one of them but that just wasn?t possible. The best I could do was make sure they didn?t have to go back to the hell they called life.

?I know it will be better. For the both of you.?

Leo nodded his tousled blond head. ?I?m scared.?

?I know you are.? I placed the stylus aside and sat forward. I could see his fear like a violet aura vibrating through the Force. ?But you won?t be for very long. And if there?s anything you need, even if you just want to talk and say hello, you call me, okay??

Leo took a deep breath and turned his head towards the window. ?My sister and me, we could be a part of the upper class world, right??

?You can be whatever you want to be, Leo.?

?And our parents??

?You don?t have to see them again, if you don?t want to.?

There was a firmness around his jaw that didn?t belong into the face of a thirteen year old child. He had been forced to grow up for too quickly.

?I don?t want to see them again. And neither does my sister.?

Relieved, I nodded and took a deep breath. It was the most wonderful feeling in the world when I knew I succeeded in helping such a young individual find his way in this chaotic galaxy. And I knew for a fact that Leo Avlon would use this chance and make something of it. It was in his character to be the best that he could.

For some of us, change could be a wonderful thing.

I went home early for the day. All that was left to do was paperwork and I could leave it piling on my desk until the following morning. No rush there.

Coruscant Medical Center is almost an hour away from the average apartment complex Kyp and I live in. I never wanted to live smack in the middle of all these important people, or rather those who think themselves important. As a Jedi Mast