main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Beginnings (Dear Diary Challenge 2010) -- OC/Kyp -- Completed 09/12/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ceillean, Dec 31, 2009.

1. EmpressJainaSoloFel

EmpressJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2009
    The scene with the fruit was very well-written! I love the Liz/Kyp interaction. It doesn't feel forced at all. And LOL at Nikk and Anja.

2. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Nikk & Anja - you had me laughing at the "sparks" flying between them! [face_laugh]

Kyp & Liz - love the mush,(and the fruit was a nice touch:p )

3. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001

4. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    We had dinner together. Nikk, Kyp, Anja and myself. Even though we had this wondrous kitchen to use, Anja ordered take out. How could you say no when it was her treat?

She ordered from this little Sullustan place that sold almost anything the heart desired. I chose a simple Corellian dish with rice and a delicious tasting sauce. But even though it smelled mouth watering, I didn?t feel like eating.

Unlike Nikk. It?s like he?s always hungry. He always has the munchies. Not only did he order enough to feed at least three people, he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively and nodded towards my untouched food, as well. ?You gonna eat that??

I pushed it across the table and sat back. ?Have at it.?

?Someday you?re going to be really fat.? Kyp said with a smirk, munching on some sort of odd looking meat.

?Never.? Nikk said with a grin. ?You just need to know how to keep in shape, is all.? His eyes wandered towards Anja, who smiled before taking a sip from a goblet of red wine.

I was so not in the mood to listen to Nikki?s ambiguous flirtations.

?Will you excuse me for a little while?? I said, pushing away from the table. ?I want to go lay down for a bit.?

I didn?t wait for anyone to say anything. I did notice them whispering before I headed to the guestroom but I honestly didn?t care.

The guestroom was small compared to the rest of the apartment but big enough to fit in a huge bed, a dresser and a closet. I felt wonderfully comfortable here. I sat down on the bed and blew out a breath. Closing my eyes, I focused only on myself. I gathered the Force about me and used its energy to try and cleanse my mind, to be free of these awful images my mind kept conjuring up. I relaxed a little, enough to lay down and maybe catch some sleep but not enough to chase the images away.

I heard the door to the guestroom open a while later. I felt Kyp?s presence like a light beacon in my suddenly dark new world. He lay down beside me, my back to his chest, snuggling closer while laying his arm around my waist.

?Anja?s worried about you.? He whispered, placing a light kiss on my neck. ?And so am I.?

I tried not to sigh. I was grateful for having Anja as my best friend in the galaxy and even more grateful for Kyp being at my side but there?s only so much you can take when the whole are-you-okay routine gets on your nerves. ?There?s nothing to worry about.? I said slowly, hoping my voice sounded even. Although through the Force I?m sure Kyp noted my irritation. ?I?m fine.?

Kyp slid away from me, onto his back. I turned towards him, feeling his absence like a little blow into my gut. I could lie to myself all I wanted but it wouldn?t change the fact that I wanted him close. He stared up to the ceiling, laying one hand on his belly while he shoved the other underneath his head. I took a good look at him in the light spilling through from the large window opposite us. He was the best kind of guy I could ever hope for and it became clear to me that I had to accept that he was worried, that he was trying to help. I needed to cut down with the strong woman thing and let him be the protector for a little while.

Kyp closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He looked gorgeous laying there as if he were about to fall asleep. He?d taken off his Jedi attire, including his utility belt. He wore a thin white long sleeved shirt that stuck to him most graciously. With a sigh, I snuggled closer. I lay my head on his chest and entangled one leg with his. His hand came down to play with my hair. I looked out through the window as we quietly enjoyed one another?s company.

?We need a vacation.? He said suddenly, his voice low.

I chuckled. ?We?ve been saying that for months.?

?I know.?

?Where would we go?? I asked softly, moving my fingers up towards his neck. ?Somewhere far away where no one can find us??

?Sounds great to me.?

?And we could stay there.?

Kyp smiled as he sat up slowly. ?Tempting thought.?

In the near dark of the room I could feel his eyes on me as I sat up next to him. I pulled my legs to my chest and wrapped my arms around my knees

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Liz is blessed and she knows it LOL Kyp's a darling indeed. :)

Ack! If she'd left the comlink home or on vibrate ;) I guess that would have just delayed Vance's plans rather than derailing them totally [face_worried]

But Leo and Tamira -- what a scamp to use them as leverage whether actually or as a ploy :eek:

6. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    Ditto Jade. But hey, this is an opening for some Nikk, Kyp, and Anja butt-kicking, which I love!

7. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Nikk's greeting to Anja reminded me of Lando. :p

I hope he's lying. [face_worried]

Great updates

8. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    The pier, or rather the industrial docking platform, was bathed in darkness when I arrived. I?d taken a public transport, needing only about ten minutes to get there.

A cold fist clenched around my heart when I walked out into the dark. The heels of my boots clicked softly. It was unnaturally quiet around here and I swallowed a lump in my throat, hugging myself to ward off the cold.

I felt stupid for coming alone. I kept telling myself that I should have told Kyp and he would have accompanied me and dealt with Vance as needed to be dealt with. He could hold his own in most any situation. Somehow I thought that it would be safer for him this way. Laughable thought, really. How in the world could I even begin to keep Kyp safe? He was a natural survivor.

What if Vance truly had knowledge about Leo and Tamira, if he truly had managed to get his hands on them?I didn?t even want to go down that road.

A handful of large ships sat in their designated areas. I heard my footsteps echo around me, I heard my breath and the beating of my heart. It was odd, this silence on Coruscant. Like the quiet before the storm.

?I didn?t believe you?d come.?

I spun around and took an involuntary step back as Vance came out of the shadows. At the wedding I had thought him a senile old man, perhaps even a bit reminiscent of the old ways but now he oozed a dark danger that I hadn?t expected. He was taller than I was; I had to raise my eyes to meet his. He wore a strange looking combat suit with a utility belt slung around his waist and I was pretty surprised by all the weapons he sported.

I, of course, had come unarmed.

If stupidity hurt?

?You threatened the children.?

?And you believed me.?

Lying son of a Sith. Admittedly, I should have seen this coming. I was stupid thinking I could make a difference. I?m not some super woman who could simply blast this guy from the face of the planet, I?m just me, an average individual who, now, was more or less pretty much afraid for her life.

Well?I played with the thought of simply turning around to leave but I doubted he?d make it that simple for me. And I was right because he drew a blaster and pointed it towards me. Wonderful.

?You?re a sad old man.? I said in a low voice. I took another cursory look around the landing pad. There were several hiding places among the large ships but too wide a space to actually make a run for it. He could blast me without me even seeing him.

Inwardly I cursed myself for even believing him for a second! Leo and Tamira were safe at the orphanage and here I was?putting myself out in danger. And for what?

For this man?s amusement?

?I would like to understand you.? He said, inclining his head while he stepped forward, the blaster with my name on it moving with each step he took. ?Your reasons for choosing a life with a murderer.?

I frowned at him. ?And the life you?ve led is alright??

?I followed orders. You ??

?I follow my heart.?

?Then your heart is as black as his.?

He pulled the trigger. I felt a nibble at the nape of my neck, a sense of danger so acute that I jumped aside just in time. I ran towards the nearest ship that had a few crates stacked around it. I hid behind one, listening to my surroundings, holding my breath when I heard him come closer.

?I think I?ll rather enjoy this.? Vance said conversationally. I hoped that he would pass by the crates and that I could surprise him from behind. I knew how to fight. Force knew, Kyp drilled all sorts of fighting tactics into my brain over the years.

And my luck had it that his back was turned to me a moment later. As quietly as I could, I straightened up. I wondered how best to attack someone with a blaster. In a blink of an eye he could turn around and shoot me and I wasn?t too fond of the idea of having a smoking hole somewhere in my body.

I felt a sense of urgency through the Force and ducked in time before Vance turned on his heel and shot. I tackled him and we both fell to the ground. The blaster slid away, too far away for either of us to grab, which was a good thing. I felt confident

9. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    Oh no! Kyp is going to be madder than anything now. But the makeup session will be good :-D

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super edge of seatness =D= =D=

You're great at writing hand to hand stuff LOL :cool:

Very realistic detailing of Liz's attempts to outmaneuverVance, having some initial success, but then succumbing to a trank dart of all things! [face_frustrated]

Looking forward to more!

[:D]

11. Kailene

Feb 17, 2009
    Liz, Liz, Liz, what are you thinking !?!?! Not only do you go off by yourself (which is really gonna tick Kyp off, btw), but you go unarmed!

Loved the fight sequence, very well done. Liz does a pretty good job of holding her own.

Great cliffie, I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for more - and for Kyp & Nikk to find her.

12. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

You better believe it. On both accounts. :p

Thanks, Jade. [:D] I was surprsied that the hand to hand stuff wasn't even all that bad. I'm usually not that good when it comes to fight scenes.

Liz wasn't thinking at all. LOL. Just acting.
    I remember once writing a scene between Liz and Kyp where he says "Stop thinking, you're no good at it." :p

Thanks for reading everyone. *hugs*

13. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I heard an old lullaby when I opened my eyes. A song I remembered my oldest brother had sung to me when I couldn?t fall asleep as a child. But this lovely, heartwarming song was so misplaced in this awful, little room I found myself in.

It was the cold that got to me first. My skin broke out in goosebumps when I tried to sit up. I?d been sprawled out on the floor for who knew how long. I started trembling from the cold and I cupped my hands in front of my mouth, trying to at least get some feeling back into my fingers by blowing warm air into my palms. It wasn?t working all too well, though.

The soft notes of the lullaby were carried through the air by speakers hidden in the dark walls. There was a single table a few feet away, decked out with an assortment of blasters and that damned dart gun with different colored darts.

Behind the desk I noted the closed door, the only door in the small room. No windows and just enough light to see. There was a single glow panel attached to the ceiling that shone with a sickly yellowy glow. I wrapped my arms around myself as I got to my feet, walking over to the door in search for the control mechanism.

There was nothing. No touchpad, no number pad, not even an old fashioned handle. I banged at the door with my fists. It got me nowhere. My hands started to burn so I decided to let my frustration go with sharp kicks against the damned thing. I was locked in and I didn?t like that fact at all.

I turned back to the table with all the blasters. Why lay out so many weapons? The moment that door opened I could shoot the bastards.

Frowning, I grasped the smallest of the blasters and turned it around in my hands. I checked the power level and sighed a moment later. The power cell was empty. As were the others scattered across the table. Not even the dart gun would work. Absolutely no use to me.

I played with the thought of kicking over the table just to let go of my anger, to let go of the knowledge that I had been so damned stupid. Instead, I gripped the largest blaster in my hand and told myself I would wait until someone opened that door and I would knock that person out.

It was a lovely fantasy.

I sat down on the edge of the table and took a deep breath. Whatever had been in that dart had done a number on me. The room was spinning and even when I closed my eyes I felt like I was floating in a vast sea of icily cold water. Add to that the lullaby that kept repeating through the speakers, there was no way I could really concentrate. I wanted to tap into the pool of the Force, to send a short message ? it was an easy way to communicate with your loved ones. A burst of emotions was usually enough to let the other person know in what sort of state you were in. But I couldn?t.

It was as if there was a barrier, too high to climb over and too thick to pass through. It felt like the Force was just inches away from my grasp. I imagined leaning over a pool of water just outside my reach but somehow I just couldn?t move. All I needed was to touch the pool with the tip of my finger but I couldn?t even get that far.

That?s when I started to feel fear slither its way along my spine. I was completely vulnerable, open to the world and I had to rely on myself alone. Sure, I knew how to defend myself but I was literally trapped in a cage like an animal. With weapons that were utterly useless.

It was an act of power, I thought while turning the blaster around in my hand. They left the weapons out to get my hopes up, to make me believe that I had a fighting chance.

And then I knew for certain that they were watching me.

I looked up to the ceiling but because of the odd lighting, everything was laid out in shadows. Somewhere up there, I knew there was a camera.

?Enjoying the show?? I called out into the room.

The lullaby stopped. I breathed a sigh of relief and closed my eyes. I knew for a fact that I would hate that song for the rest of my life. Bad memories and all that.

?How are you feeling?? A disembodied voice floated through the hidden speakers. The voice seemed calm and se

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Interesting daunting trio of goons there :p Love Liz's strength and forthrightness :*

15. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Having a lullaby play makes these scenes so much creepier. Excellent touch.

I wonder who the young guy is. [face_thinking]

Great updates!

16. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I almost forgot. There is another story, called "The Triumph of the Soul" that runs along with the diary. It's from Kyp's POV.

You can find it here if you're interested. :)

17. Kailene

Feb 17, 2009
    Nice touch with the lullaby, that's just makes it so much more creepy.

Loving Liz's inner thoughts & monologues, she's just so flippant and sarcastic. It's wonderful.

And those two goons, especially that small one [face_frustrated]. You had me going there for a second, I immediately feared the worst at what they were going to do to Liz.

18. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    These are actually two updates. [face_blush] I like them both so much, I decided to post both at the same time.

Hope you'll enjoy.

[face_devil]

I didn?t touch the food. I placed the tray on the ground and sat back down on the table, as far away from the cold floor as I could. I knew that if I didn?t get out of this place soon, my body would start reacting to the cold. And I hate the cold to begin with.

It was hard to keep a clear head when I focused on keeping warm. I was already shaking from head to toe and it took all I had to keep my teeth from chattering. And then that damned lullaby ? this was torture of an entirely different kind.

I tried tapping into the Force again. There was an odd sort of hum that kept pushing me back. Not so much a physical wall, but a sound that got louder the closer I came to breaking through. Too loud because for a moment there, I really thought my head would burst. The ensuing headache from hell confirmed this.

I thought about Kyp. In my heart I knew he was out there looking for me. I thought about the two of us together and all the things we still had planned. He promised me long ago that he would show me his home someday. I had always been curious where he?d been born, where he had grown up (at least partially ? no way in hell would he show me Kessel, he said as much already, just using more colorful words), I wanted to know what his home planet was like but we?d never had the opportunity to go. And it had taken a whole lot of convincing on my part because it was a chapter in his life that he didn?t want to open up again. Too bad he got involved with a Counselor because sometimes going back and remembering helped heal the damndest wounds.

I lay down on the filthy little table and pulled my knees to my chest. Closing my eyes, I took a shuddering breath. Maybe Kyp and I could take that trip once all this was over with. Deyer sounded beautiful with all the water and the raft city?s?

Tears clouded my vision suddenly. If only I had told him about the call, if only I hadn?t just left?

A whole bunch of if?s.

I couldn?t change anything now. Now I could only hope and wait.

I glanced up to the holocam swerving along the ceiling. Was Kyp watching, I wondered. Was he seeing me huddled up on a table because it was so damned cold?

?I?m sorry.? I said aloud. ?I?m so?sorry.?

A wave of exhaustion swept over me and I found myself spiraling into a dream.

I remember it vividly, as if it hadn?t been a dream at all but perhaps more a glimpse into a possible future. It wasn?t a future I liked.

At all.

I was at home in the living room. Everything was the way I?d left it. The plants in the corners; a low sideboard near the hallway door where I kept holopictures of the people important to me; the entertainment system with the video games Kyp and Nikk adored so much; the lovely, lush dark blue sofa with yellow pillows, even the little bowl with chocolates on the living room table ? exactly everything as I had left it. I smiled when I realized that home still felt like home. At least on the outside.

Kyp was running a path in the carpet. Back and forth, back and forth?

He looked absolutely stunning. He wore thin, baggy white pants and a white tunic. I noted that his feet were bare and in his hands he held a long, black beaded necklace of sorts. His hair fell onto his shoulders in thick black waves. The sight of him was just absolutely breathtaking. But only the sight of him.

There was something oddly amiss about him. His persona didn?t glow with the warmth I was accustomed to. My gaze wandered to his face and I took a step back when I realized how?dead?his eyes were. Absolutely empty. There was nothing in that look that reminded me of the man I loved. The man pacing along the living room might have looked like Kyp but he was a complete stranger.

It broke my heart.

I walked up to him and gingerly touched the smooth skin of his jaw. My fingers ran along his chin until I stopped at his lower lip. He didn?t react to me at all. For all intents and purposes, I could have just be

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh fantabulous putting the two posts into one =D= =D=

Poor Liz -- those barbarians! [face_shame_on_you]

Can't wait for Kyp and Nikk to mop the floor with them!

20. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    I bet Kyp's just going insane! Poor Liz. She'll get out of it though, she's too cool.

21. Kailene

Feb 17, 2009
    Awesome, Awesome couple of posts !![face_love] [:D]

Poor Liz, not only has she been locked up in a freezing cold room by a psychopath, but now she's having nightmares. She sure is one tough chick though. Glad to see she got in a couple of good shots[face_beatup] at the little guy, hope she gets a few more in.

There is no way anyone is going to stop Kyp once he sees that, he's going to go absolutely ballistic !!!

22. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I wasn?t alone when I finally regained consciousness. How much time had passed since my head had been used as a game ball, I had no clue. The one thing I did know was that my head was about to split into two pieces. Headache from hell would have been an understatement.

The headache wasn?t even the worst. It was the fact that I tasted blood in my mouth and I couldn?t see all too well. Everything was blurry and I was certain my face was swollen. The guy had really done a number on me.

I was sitting up against a wall in an office room. There was an imperial style desk on the far side of the room, its surface scattered with all sorts of flimsies and decorative stuff. A little lamp was the only light source in the office, which annoyed the crap out of me because I couldn?t see worth shavit anyway.

And the tall man standing in the corner really didn?t make me feel any better, either.

It was the man who had brought me food earlier. The one with the strange eyes. Even from where I was sitting, even though my eyesight was horrible, I could see that his eyes glowed in a strange blue and something silver swirled within them.

But that wasn?t the only thing that bothered me. It was the feeling I got when just looking at him. The hum I heard in my mind when trying to tap into the Force grew louder around him. The more I stared at him, the louder that hum got and it increased my headache tenfold.

I groaned, grabbing thick portions of my hair as I tried to control the pain. It wasn?t working at all. In fact, the more I concentrated, the more my head hurt. I gave up, slumping back against the wall, just breathing.

Yet I saw him staring at me with those odd, glowing eyes.

I coughed. ?I bet I look like some sort of monster, right?? I said with a scratchy voice.

?He didn?t have to hurt you.?

As surprised as I was by his comment, I merely shrugged. ?Guess he gets off on power and control when it comes to women.?

I heard a shuffling sound and realized that the man was coming closer. I wasn?t afraid of him though. After all, what more damage could he possibly do?

Besides kill me, of course. And not even that was scary which more or less?well, scared me. It told me that I was about to give up, which was one hell of a wake-up call. Give up and let these bastards win? Let them destroy everything I had worked so hard to build up? I leaned my head against the wall and closed my eyes, ignoring the dizziness. Or trying to at any rate.

I was not going to give up. I was not going to let Vance win. No matter what.

I would drag my ass up off the ground and I would fight. Because that?s all I could do.

Fight.

The man with the glowing eyes crouched before me. In an odd, twisted way, I thought those eyes were utterly beautiful. The rest of him, not so much. A thick ugly burn scar ran along the left side of his face, down around his neck. His nose was just a flat little thing in the middle of his face and his lips were barely even visible. But I had a feeling that there was more to him than I could see. He?d brought me food and so far he?d been kind to me. At least as kind as it got when you were being held captive against your will.

?What?s your name?? I wheezed between my lips. God, that headache was getting worse by the minute. And not only that, my arms and legs were like dead weights attached to my body.

?Seiya.?

I tried to smile. ?That?s a pretty name.?

?It means Sincere One.?

?That?s nice.? I coughed again. ?I?um?tell me, Seiya. Why am I here??

?He wants to speak with you.?

?Vance?? A mirthless laugh escaped my throat

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Seiya -- interesting name with a very nice translation :D That is a very interesting talent he has there.

And Daire -- he's all kinds of yuckness! :p [face_sick]

And Liz -- she rocks!

[face_dancing]

24. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    You know, I first heard the name Seiya on Sailor Moon. [face_laugh] It's japanese.

And Daire is an old Irish name, according to the net. I like both names.

25. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    no way in hell would he show me Kessel, he said as much already, just using more colorful words [face_laugh] I bet it would be quite a statement.

That dream... dang.

Ooo, Kyp, Nikk and Anja are going to get this guy...

Great updates