main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Beginnings (Dear Diary Challenge 2010) -- OC/Kyp -- Completed 09/12/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ceillean, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    I just love Liz. She is so much fun!!!

She's okay? Yeah right...even I had an inkling as to why she was sooo sick. :p

I was being a brat but at the time I thought I had a right to be your typical pissed off girl. It doesn?t happen too often. But when it does, I can be a real pain in the ass. [face_laugh] Aren't we all when not only don't we feel well but our men are angering us? Liz I give you every right!

And she gives in. Even the strongest know their limits...but with Kyp by your side why not? :D

Oh I was right?! Sweet! Can't wait to see their reactions!!!

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Master Jay got the 200th post! :p

Here's the next update. And I'm betting it's not what you expected.
    I really like this. :)

[color=black]There are certain events in life that make time either stand still or move forward in slow motion. It?s when your heart suddenly skips a beat or when your breath catches in your throat. It?s when all sense has been left behind, when things that had seemed so important before suddenly mean absolutely [i]nothing[/i].
    [/color]
    [color=black]With one single event things are moved into a different light, another perspective. It feels like a shift in your very being, a shift in the universe. Everything has suddenly changed with just one tiny little event. That of an unborn child.
    [/color]
    [color=black]The thing was, it was totally unexpected. Of course, the first thought that shot through my mind was that Vin had to be mistaken.
    [/color]
    [color=black]Throughout our lives together, Kyp and I have had to answer countless questions as to why we haven?t procreated yet. As if it?s some damned unwritten universal rule that you have to start having kids at a certain age. Sure, I?ve always dreamed about having a family. The thought of little smiling and laughing faces with big innocent eyes is just absolutely fantastic. As a young girl I imagined a loving husband, at least two kids and half a planet with one hell of a mansion to call my own. And let?s not forget the amusement park on the property, a chocolate factory and one of those delicious ice cream places. Girls and their dreams, right?
    [/color]
    [color=black]Life is just unpredictable when you?re sharing it with a Jedi. The missions can be short but they can also be extraordinarily long. Sometimes Kyp would be gone for months without a single message. I never knew if he was okay, if he was hurt. Kyp has enemies, which has been proven time and time again over the past years. These enemies are out to hurt him in any way possible. To hurt him, they try to get to me. If we had a child, they would try to get to the child to get to him.
    [/color]
    [color=black]But the main reason why the two of us are still on our own?well, when the medical expert tells you in your face you?ll have trouble conceiving, it sort of ruins that big dream of a happy family.
    [/color]
    [color=black]So it?s simple.
    [/color]
    [color=black]Doc told me I can?t have kids. Period.
    [/color]
    [color=black]I stared at Vin with wide eyes. It?s hard to describe the emotions I tried to conceal. I was confused. I was surprised. I was extraordinarily hopeful. And I was scared ****less.
    [/color]
    [color=black]I cleared my throat, took a few deep breaths. Stared at the carpeted floor, then went back to looking at my hands. I started swinging my legs back and forth as I sat on the bed. I bit my lip, went back to frowning and the deep breaths. Cleared my throat again.
    [/color]
    [color=black]?Are you certain?? That was Kyp?s voice. He sounded far away all of a sudden because all I could really hear was a rushing in my ears.
    [/color]
    [color=black]Kyp came around the medical bed and took the scanning device that Vin held out for him. He was calm as could be, composed as usual. He looked at the readings as he held the scanner. It was almost imperceptible but I saw his fingers tremble.
    [/color]
    [color=black]?I am certain, yes.? Vin answered cheerfully. She showed those rows of spiky white teeth again. ?I can tell you exactly how far along you are.?
    [/color]
    [color=black]I pursed my lips and shook my head. All this was happening too fast, for my taste. Just a few weeks earlier I?m at Jag and Jaina?s wedding where a crazy lunatic has his eyes on me. This crazy lunatic then kidnaps me, poisons me and nearly kills me. And after all but giving up on a family of my own, the medic tells me I?m pregnant.
    [/color]
    [color=black]I think it?s understandable that I felt a bit?crowded.
    [/color]
    [color=black]I slid off the medical bed. ?I need some air.?
    [/color]
    [color=black]Yeah well, good luck finding that when you?re trapped on kriffing space ship.
    [/color]
    [color=black]I hurried out into the corr

3. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    That was fantastic. Her doubts make perfect sense and her final acceptance was done perfectly.

=D=

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    The strength of her doubts only makes her happy acceptance that much sweeter.

Kyp's immediate happiness is touching -- even that is a facet of his love for her.

[face_love]
    Every lady should be so blessed.

:*

;)

5. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    It was about an hour later when I began to realize what was truly happening. Vin had given me something for the cramps and nausea so when we returned to our quarters, I sat down in the small sitting area wishing desperately for a cup of tea. And maybe a bite of chocolate cake since, you know?eating for two and all that.

I had to laugh when that thought crossed my mind. I spent half the night throwing up and still I yearned for sugar. I?m an idiot that way.

I stared out through the viewport, sighing as all I could see was the blue and white tunnel of hyperspace. Stars would have been nice. Stars and a whole lot of black space. Whenever I started getting pensive, trying to count stars eased my mind. There wasn?t anything to count in hyperspace. In fact, staring out into hyperspace for too long supposedly kriffed up your mind. I turned away with a sigh and tilted my head upward towards the ceiling.

I pulled my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around my legs. I heard Kyp doing something in the tiny kitchenette that came with the quarters. Cupboards opening, drawer closing, clinking sounds, water running?

We hadn?t spoken much on the way back from the medical bay. There wasn?t much to be said. We?d held each other tightly, as if by letting go this little miracle would burst like a bubble.

I wasn?t keen on hearing that popping sound.

This whole thing was so big, so huge, so absolutely unbelievable.

So miraculous.

A baby?even the word sounded foreign to me. I had never associated a child with myself. It was always the others. They were having kids, they?re kids were growing up, they were having another baby. Always they. Never us.

?Here.?

I glanced up and smiled as Kyp came around the sofa holding a warm cup of tea in his hands. ?You read my mind.? I said. ?You don?t happen to have a piece of chocolate cake hidden somewhere, do you??

Kyp laughed lightly as he sat down beside me. He kissed my cheek, then ran his hand through my hair. ?Sorry. Can?t help you there.?

I smiled. ?Thank you for the tea.? I leaned into him and breathed in deeply, the spicy scent of herbs tickling my nose.

?I can hardly believe it.? I whispered a while later. ?I?d given up on the thought of having a child.? I took a sip of the tea and enjoyed the feel of the warmth running down my throat. I set the cup on the table and snuggled closer to Kyp. ?How?s it feel now that you know you?re going to be a Dad??

He laughed and it was the most wonderful sound, filled with such happiness and pride. ?I?m going to have to get used to the word Dad.?

?Tell me about it. Mom?just wow.?

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Kyp lifted my chin with a finger and then he kissed me, slow and long. He poured his feelings into this kiss, the love he felt, the happiness he could barely contain. He laid his hand on my belly and I placed my hands atop his.

We broke the kiss a long while later and I couldn?t help the stupid grin on my face. ?That was lovely.? I laughed. ?Dad.?

His smile lit up the entire room.

We sat together in silence for a long time. I drank up my tea while Kyp kept his hand tightly on my belly. I had the feeling that already his protective instincts were on overdrive. I leaned forward and put the cup on the table. Almost reluctantly he let me go. I chuckled at him and slowly got to my feet. All the while I felt his eyes on me.

Mom. Dad. Parents.

Jedi Master. Counselor.

Gods, what kind of life would this child have? Would the baby have dark hair? Dark eyes? Would it have my nose or Kyp?s? My ears or his?

[color=bla

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    That is the most romantic thing I've ever read. Oooh whee! I've melted!!!

Kyp is adorable this happy; it makes me want to keep him this way.

[face_love]

7. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Oh so I got 200? I feel honored!

Those last two posts were so sweet! I love their reactions and I love Kyp worshiping her. That is just drool worthy!!!

I had to laugh when that thought crossed my mind. I spent half the night throwing up and still I yearned for sugar. I?m an idiot that way

Aren't we all? Chocolate in my downfall too! So Liz I totally understand!

I can also understand her hesitation on telling everyone til the danger has passed!

[face_love]=D=

Awesome post!

8. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Hm, wonder what Kyp will do to take care of Vance [face_thinking]

?I hope the baby has my ears.? I said with a smile. ?Yours are so big.?[face_laugh]

9. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    This was just so sweet, loving and romantic. [face_love] I'm all melty inside.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Kyp lifted my chin with a finger and then he kissed me, slow and long. He poured his feelings into this kiss, the love he felt, the happiness he could barely contain. He laid his hand on my belly and I placed my hands atop his.

We broke the kiss a long while later and I couldn?t help the stupid grin on my face. ?That was lovely.? I laughed. ?Dad.?

His smile lit up the entire room.

I turned as I heard Kyp get up off the sofa. I raised my brows when he took my hand into his and raised it to his lips. And then he went down on his knees.

He kissed my stomach through the thin fabric of my nightgown. Tears clouded my vision as I ran my fingers through his thick hair. I felt like he was honoring me somehow because I was carrying his child, treating me like the most precious person alive. I could feel through our bond the chaotic jumble of feelings he was dealing with. But they were happy feelings, the kind of emotions to plaster an eternal grin on your face.
    [face_love] These two passages were so vivid and romantic, put a perfect picture in my head. Kyp's just so loving.

10. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

Kyp fell asleep a while later. I listened to his soft breathing while I stared into the dark of the cabin. My thoughts were all over the place; the past, the present and the future. I tried my best to ignore the past. Memories of way back then aren?t the best kind of memories I wanted to deal with. The present was just a jumble of confusion.

Yet I smiled. Because I was going to be a mother. Would I be a good mother, I wondered? Could I give this child all it deserved and so much more? Could I give this child what my mother couldn?t give me?

I sighed and turned onto my side, watching Kyp sleep. He?d pulled the covers up, covering half his face. All I could really see was his mop of dark hair sticking out from underneath. Smiling, I reached forward and caught a thick strand, twisting it around my finger.

He hadn?t been sleeping long, maybe an hour or so. But I was bored. So he needed to wake up.

I poked his arm, once, twice but he didn?t react much. Just a grunt in his sleep, a deep breath and he pulled the covers even higher. So I went and poked him again, a little harder. He turned onto his back, still sleeping.

I guess poking wasn?t going to get me far. When Kyp slept, he slept like a rock. Water worked miracles though but I wasn?t in the mood for him to hunt me down through the entire cabin. Which he would undoubtedly do to get back at me. I thought about waking him with loud music too but last time that hadn?t worked, either. No poking, no water, no loud music?

A kiss then.

I crawled onto his lean body as slowly as I could, smiling to myself when he mumbled something in his sleep. His arms lay at his sides, hands beside his head. I realized I could tickle him. But then again?his revenge would be awful. I knew it. I remembered again the shower thing he did ? he?d grabbed me, thrown me over his shoulder and stuck me under the shower, fully clothed. And the water was cold. He?d enjoyed it, of course.

Me ? not so much.

I leaned down slowly, listening how he breathed softly. There was a light growth of beard covering his jaw, just the way I liked it. With his hair all over the place, he looked absolutely edible. With that thought in mind, I nearly started to laugh
    when I leaned forward and placed a lingering kiss on his cheek. He didn?t move, he didn?t even grunt. I kissed the tip of his nose, his forehead, the other cheek and then his lips. Still, no reaction.

Maybe I was being too soft, I thought, cupping his face with my hands going for his lips again. For a moment there, I thought the man would never wake up but then he groaned and it was the loveliest ? no wait?it was the sexiest sound I?d heard in quite some time because it was laced with surprise. I doubt he?d been expecting a wake-up call like this.

He pulled me down closer, my chest flush against his, as he kissed me in return. How much time passed, I have no idea. But I didn?t care either because I got what I wanted.

Kyp was now wide awake.

?That was?great.? He said with a sly grin, running his fingers along my spine. ?I wouldn?t mind if you did that more often.?

?I bet you wouldn?t.?

He tucked strands of my hair behind my ear, then touched my lower lip with his fingers. ?Still, I have to ask. Is there a reason why I?m awake??
    ?Of course.? I said cheerfully, sitting up while straddling him. ?I?m bored.?

He raised his brows. ?So I have to suffer because you?re bored??
    I mulled that over for a moment. Inwardly I laughed. ?Yeah. I guess so. Now that you?re up, you can entertain me.?

He arched a single eyebrow and then he smirked. ?Okay.? He said, straining the word a bit. ?You want me to wear a top hat and a clown suit or somethi

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh that was cute!!!!!!! Cute is so adorable on the two of them. That they're so loving and carefree [face_dancing]

12. Overboard4aFel

Overboard4aFel Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    *sigh* [face_love]

Yeah... that's about right....

O4aF

13. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    He hadn?t been sleeping long, maybe an hour or so. But I was bored. So he needed to wake up.

Sounds like a good reason. :p

14. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    OMG.

I have totally done that before, with my ex. I couldn't help but laugh.

That was one good, mushy, hilarious post.

She was bored. So she woke Kyp up.

[face_laugh]

God I love Liz!

And their child is going to be a hoot too!

15. Kailene

Feb 17, 2009
    Oh my goodness, that was so cute and adorably funny. Put a huge grin on my face first thing in the morning.

He raised his brows. ?So I have to suffer because you?re bored??
    I mulled that over for a moment. Inwardly I laughed. ?Yeah. I guess so. Now that you?re up, you can entertain me.?

He arched a single eyebrow and then he smirked. ?Okay.? He said, straining the word a bit. ?You want me to wear a top hat and a clown suit or something? With a red nose maybe? Or should I start singing and dancing for you??

I laughed at him. ?I don?t like clowns. Clowns are creepy.?
    ?I wouldn?t be creepy. I?d be funny.?

?You?d look ridiculous.?
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

16. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Trying to keep up with the updating schedule...and failing! [face_worried]

Thanks to Jade_Eyes for the beta work! [:D]

The next day, after I tried a bit of breakfast and realized it was a stupid idea, Kyp and I met with Lando in the hangar bay. He had his little boy with him. Chance was a spitting image of Lando, same mischievous smile, same curly hair and the same twinkly light in his eyes that let about everyone know that he was up to no good.

Like father, like son.

Kyp carried a duffle bag over one shoulder while I hung back, taking a closer look at our surroundings. There wasn?t much to see. It was a huge hangar with two shuttles, one of them reserved for us. And we had our own personal pilot. How nice was that?

Chance hid behind his fathers? leg, gripping Lando?s pants with small hands. Goodness, he was cute. When he smiled two deep dimples appeared in each of his cheeks and all of a sudden I felt like a grandmother ready to pinch him in the face.

"Thanks for this, Lando." Kyp said, gripping Lando?s extended hand. I didn?t pay much attention to their conversation because I swear little Chance was flirting with me. Seriously like father, like son.

"You?re going to have to keep an eye on this one." I said, winking at the boy after Lando and Kyp had finished their little talk. "He?s already a charmer."

"He gets that from me, of course. I?m the best teacher there is when it comes to charming the women."

I snorted and stepped up to Lando, shaking his hand. "It was nice of you to give us a ride. Thanks." I gave him a quick hug, ignored Kyp?s slight scowl and then knelt down in front of Chance. "It was nice meeting you, little man." I whispered, holding my hand forward. It took a moment but then Chance did what the grown-ups had done ? he took it and shook.

For a moment, I imagined what life would be like when our child was Chance?s age. I had the feeling that with Kyp and my genes mixed into a little boy, we?d have quite the challenge on our hands. In a way, I was already looking forward to it but then again?

About twenty minutes later, we were strapped aboard the shuttle and heading for the blackness of space. The space craft was a fancy thing with leather seats that smelled new, there was a little conservator unit tucked in a corner and I had to wonder if you had to pay to grab a bottle to drink. The controls seemed to be state of the art but?yeah, definitely not my area of expertise. The pilot was a young girl, maybe in her early twenties. She was insanely tall and skinny with shiny straight blond hair braided down her back. She wasn?t much of a talker up until Kyp commented on some technical detail. Then she wouldn?t shut up.

So I sat back, folded my hands on my stomach and closed my eyes. I stretched out with the Force, taking deep controlled breaths. I was nervous. On the one hand I wanted to feel the tiny little life but on the other hand it still scared the hell out of me. What if I disturbed it somehow while it sat nestled in warmth and darkness?

Like a bubble, the Force expanded outward. It took only a handful of seconds before I felt the beating of the baby?s heart. A steady rhythm, like the most beautiful music I had ever heard.

While Kyp and the female pilot ? her name was Jinessa ? talked, I started thinking about names. Maybe it was a little too early?okay, it was way too early to be thinking about names but come on, what?s a girl to do when she finds out she?s having a kid? And you really don?t want your child having to walk through life with a really, really stupid sounding name, right? So better to start early.

But then my mind wandered back home, to our apartment and to the future baby?s room. The general public seems to think girls need pink stuff and boys need blue stuff?well, pfft. But still I caught myself imagining pink walls and a lot of flowery stuff in a girl?s room?

Smiling to myself, I rubbed my brow.

One step at a time. One step at a time.

"You okay?"

I looked up into Kyp?s worried face. I smiled and gave him a nod. "Perfectly fine."

"Sure?"

Pursing

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Chance is a darling!!!! Even grannies who aren't his will want to PINCH away! [face_laugh] Those dimples!!!!!!

Cuteness!

What a lovely, tranquil place they're at! [face_dancing] Perfect for couples! [face_mischief]

And the hostess/caretaker -- she sounds warm and indeed very likeable. :)

Very much like the lady innkeeper in Journey of Discovery :)

Kyp's decidedly frosty and closed-off demeanor ... I know flat out it's got Liz really curious! :p

18. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Chance is adorable.

He inclined his head to the side, still staring at the cheery old woman. "I know you."

[face_thinking] Wonder who she is.

=D=

19. Kailene

Feb 17, 2009
    Ooohhh...leave us with a cliffie. The plot thickens. Kyp hasn't been home in years, I wonder who it could be that he recognizes? [face_thinking]

I love that you've included Chance every now and again. He's so adorable, a heartbreaker just like his dad.:)

20. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Oy...it's been a while. I almost had to kick myself out of the challenge. :rolleyes:

[color=black]I looked from the old woman to Kyp and back again, keeping my obvious fake smile in place. My cheeks burned from the exertion. Several awkward seconds passed in which she was as kind as you can possibly be while being stared at by a guy who seemed to have lost his sense of speech somewhere along the way from the space port to the guest house. [/color]

[color=black]?Um?would you excuse us for a moment?? I said sweetly, gripping Kyp?s upper arm tightly and tugging him back towards the door. The old woman nodded once, her smile still warm and kind. [/color]

[color=black]Outside, I noted the lively noise of an active village. Everyone did what they had to do, mostly ignoring the newbies who now stood in front of the guest house, seemingly forlorn and lost.[/color]

[color=black]And miffed.[/color]

[color=black]I sighed.[/color]

[color=black]It?s always fun to surprise the hell out of Kyp and even more rewarding when the situation isn?t even all that funny. So I quickly reached out and pinched his nipple, twisted to the left. He hissed at me, one hand swapping my fingers away while he rubbed his chest. ?What was that for?? I tried not to laugh at the squeal that suddenly found its way out of his mouth. [/color]

[color=black]?For scaring the poor old woman. What?s wrong with you??[/color]

[color=black]Grimacing, he kept rubbing at his manhandled nipple. I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from laughing. ?I know her, Liz. I swear I do.?[/color]

[color=black]?And that?s reason enough to look at her as if you?re about to take her head off??[/color]

[color=black]?I wasn?t ??[/color]

[color=black]?Yes, you were.?[/color]

[color=black]?I was not ??[/color]

[color=black]?Yes. You. Were.?[/color]

[color=black]?Would you let me finish??[/color]

[color=black]?Will you be nice now? Or do I have to twist the other nipple next? I?ll use my nails. Don?t think that I won?t.?[/color]

[color=black]He almost smiled. Not quite but almost. I could see the sides of his lips lift into an itty bitty smile but he killed it almost instantly. He went back to being brooding Jedi Master Kyp. I rolled my eyes and heaved a sigh. ?Will you at least [i]try[/i] to be nice?? I asked.[/color]

[color=black]?I don?t know what you?re getting so worked up about.?[/color]

[color=black]?You nearly killed her with that icy look.?[/color]

[color=black]?I?ll put on a fake smile until my cheeks pop into tiny pieces. Satisfied??[/color]

[color=black]?Just ?? I tugged at his arm. ?Come on. Be nice. Remember?pinching?nails?I?m giving you fair warning here.?[/color]

[color=black]?You?re a devious woman, Eliziya.? He clutched his pecs with both hands when we re-entered the guest house.[/color]

[color=black]I sighed, shaking my head. ?And just for the record, you squeal like a girl.?[/color]

[color=black] [/color]
    [color=black]*[/color]
    [color=black]
    The old woman turned towards us when we re-entered the guesthouse. I looked up into Kyp?s face and was only mildly satisfied. I should give him points for at least trying to be nice and polite.[/color]

[color=black]Seriously, he really did try.[/color]

[color=black]But that supposed smile that graced his handsome face looked more like a pained contorted grimace though. I elbowed him in the ribs sharply and sent an image of nails twisting nipples through the Force. It caught his attention, of course but he dropped the pretend smile and went right back to his infamous brooding look that scared the hell out younglings at the Academy.[/color]

[color=black]Lost cause.[/color]

[color=black]?Sorry about that.? I said to the elderly woman. ?We?re looking for a place to stay for a few days.?[/color]

[color=black]?Well, you?ve come to the right house.? She laughed cheerfully, her entire persona exuding happiness. ?We don?t get many visitors in this region of space. Usually only family members from outlying worlds visiting the colony. Are you?visiting family?? She asked slowly, tentatively probing for

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I'd say they need to fire the cook [face_laugh] but everyone seems to like it o_O probably an acquired taste -- very. [face_laugh]

Liz manhandling Kyp [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh! They are too fun!

Soraya's a darling and you can really tell she and Kyp recognize each other in a subconscious kinda way. ;)

22. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004

Oh, and look at that?a little sofa.

How convenient. :p

=D=

23. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    When Kyp and I had first met, I?d been assaulted by very real dreams. At least they were real to me. Kyp kept calling them visions but I refused to see it that way. I?d had trouble dealing with the fact that I was Force sensitive in the first place. I was used to normality and a somewhat easy life (this is the part where I snort at myself?easy? Yeah right) but once you realize you can get in touch with this all life encompassing energy, things start to change.

In one of those so-called dreams, I?d seen Deyer; how the thick waves splashed against rocks around the beach, how the sun shone down reflecting off turquoise water. The light broke and scattered in rainbow colors as it touched the dome surrounding the city.

I saw the exact same thing now as Kyp and I sat on the beach. I leaned back when he wrapped his arms around me, snuggling into his warm embrace as he kissed the top of my head. His hands settled on my belly and I felt how he drew on the Force to reach to the tiny being bundled up in warmth within my womb.

I smiled to myself, closing my eyes while listening to waves crash against the rocks around us.

All this felt wonderful. It felt perfect, as if everything that had happened up to this point had been meant to be.

Kyp?s kisses wandered along me neck to my cheek before he held me closely and touched his head to mine. ?I?m glad we came here.? He said quietly, taking my hand into his. ?I?m glad I didn?t come alone.?

?It?s not awkward for you?? I asked slowly, raising his hand to my lips and kissing his knuckles. ?It?s your home but ??

?Everything?s changed??

?Yes.?

I felt him shrug. ?It still feels like home. The smell of the water and the sand is still the same. I can close my eyes and remember being a boy.?

?Did you come out to the beach a lot??

?Every day.? He kissed my hair and brushed strands of it away from my shoulder. ?Every day, sweetheart.?

I sensed that there was more he was willing to say so I pressed on. ?What did you like to do as a boy??

He pulled me closer to his chest. Strands of his hair tickled my face when a cool breeze came towards us, bringing along the scent of salt from the ocean.

?My Dad would take us fishing. There?s a quiet area not too far from here. Zeth and I would fool around and scare the fish. At first it would annoy my Dad but I guess he figured out that it was something that kept us together, with fish or without. It was fun.? He smiled when he said this. I could hear the smile in his voice.

?Maybe?? I paused and closed my eyes, smiling to myself. ?Maybe you could do something similar with our. Like a family tradition.?

He hugged me tighter. ?Sounds like a plan to me.?

The next hour or so we spent in silence, watching as the golden sun disappeared behind the horizon. The warm breeze said farewell and was replaced by a cool wind that swept sand into the air. When the sky darkened and the first stars twinkled in the evening sky, Kyp helped me up and gestured to a little cave entrance about half a kilometer away.

?I want to show you something.?

I arched my brows. ?In a cave??

Kyp laughed and tugged at my hand. ?Come on.?

Carrying my shoes in one hand, I tried not to fall walking through thick sand that covered my feet. It was warm against my skin, coarse and rough but not uncomfortable.

We approached the cave entrance a while later. It looked like a gaping mouth to me, dark and eerie with jagged rocks protruding like giant teeth. Not even grains of sand had made it over the threshold into the dark, gloomy insides of this cave.

?What is this pl

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Now that was delicious on all levels -- I loved how relaxed and serene the whole tone was and how playful and mushy.

Honey and Kyp -- yuppers, that's a great combo.

:D :D

SQUEE!

[:D]

25. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    He ran out towards the water with a loud whoop ? completely naked I might add ? a
    Boys will be boys. :p

=D=