main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Behind the Conference Room Door -- Jaina/Jag Index v2.0 -- Winter 2010 Updates!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jaina_Jag_Index, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Cool. Can't wait to see who won. By the way, when is the next discussion topic.

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    If you have a topic you'd like to discuss, PM TKL. Short of being PMed with suggestions, we're probably going to wait until the next book comes out at the end of the month.

3. Jaina_Jag_Index

Jaina_Jag_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2003
    Good morning!

I'm here with the results of the 2006 Summer Challenge. Thanks so much to all the wonderful authors and the judges for helping us pull this off.

And now, the results:

First Place: Target Locked by jaynasolofel
    Second Place: Making Messes by BigFatty
    Third Place: Incendie Rouge by Jaina_and_Jag

Congratulations to the winners! =D=

Hats off to the judges too. Thanks to Lola64, Madame_Solo and Killik_Twilight [:D]

~TKL for the Index

4. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    Congrats to all the winners =D= . You all wrote some great stuff!

5. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Congratulations!! Those were wonderful stories :) And [:D] to the judges as well :)

6. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Upping.

Because I am a Jaina/Jag shipper![face_love] Lovely Index!

7. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    Welcome to the September Index update!!

Stories

Author: Earthknight
    Title: The Jedi Killer
    Characters: Jaina, Jag, OC
    Genre: action, romance
    Rating: PG
    Time period: Post Rebel Dream
    Summary: While the Yuuzhan Vong and The New Rebellion duke it out on the grounds of Kashyyk, Jaina engages a sinister Jedi killing Yuuzhan Vong warrior and receives help from the most unlikely person.

Author: rebel_cheese
    Title: The Lost Sword
    Genre: pretty much everything, although Action, Adventure, Angst, Drama, and Mystery are the dominant ones.
    Characters: a big ensemble cast
    Summary: Jaina Solo vanishes from the Force as the battle for Coruscant begins. A great darkness threatens to fill her void. Now it's up to Kyle Katarn and the next generation of Jedi to find her before it's too late. But what they discover is something far more sinister than mere darkness . . .
    Notes: WIP epic.

News and Announcements

• All the Indexers are back on full-time duty, so everything should get back to normal.

• As you?re probably all aware, the Index has been experiencing problems. We?re currently looking into it, and hope to have everything back to normal by the next update.

• We are currently in desperate need of reviewers. If you would like to become a reviewer or would like more information, please PM Jaina_Jag_Index or NYCitygurl.

• If you would like your story reviewed, please contact one of the reviewers listed on the first page.

• If you have any suggestions for author interviews, please PM Jaina_Jag_Index or TKeira_Lea.

• We are still accepting Fan Art. If you have any, please PM Jaina_Jag_Index or BigFatty.

• Bloodlines has just been released, so we will be starting a new discussion in The Conference Room.

8. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    NOTE: The Index is fixed, we just haven't had the chance to go back in and add everything so it's up to date. And look for some fanart to show up in a couple of days. ;)

9. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    First, some fanart...

By BigFatty:

[image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a223/jainajagindex/By%20BigFatty/BellyKiss.jpg] [image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a223/jainajagindex/By%20BigFatty/BellyKissColor2.jpg]

By Lippy:

Original lineart by FalconFan

[image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a223/jainajagindex/By%20Lippy/JagJaina.jpg]

By SpiritofEowyn:

[image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a223/jainajagindex/By%20SpiritofEowyn/BlueJayfanart.jpg] [image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a223/jainajagindex/By%20SpiritofEowyn/Jaina_and_Jag_1_by_SpiritofEowyn.jpg] [image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a223/jainajagindex/By%20SpiritofEowyn/Jainajagart1.jpg]

And some announcements...

As stated above, the Index as stopped giving us issues (too much markup can be a bad thing), and so over the next couple weeks we will be adding in stories and fanart from the past few months' updates. If you have story info that you would like updated (a story has been completed, it won awards, etc.), please PM the info to the index and we'll change it while we're in there updating.

10. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    I love that picture by Falconfan. All the artworks are great.

11. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Great art, everyone!

And bravo to BigFatty and NYCitygurl for keeping the updates flowing and fixing the goofs. I have an interview in the works with one of our own - NYCitygurl!

12. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    Well I thought it was about time our third co-manager got a chance to shine. She?s a well known, well read and respected author on the TFN boards. Give a big round of applause for NYCitygurl

1) Tell us a bit about yourself. What are you interests besides Star Wars?

I?m a junior in high school, and heavily involved in both of my school?s book clubs. I also work on the school newspaper. I loooove books, and spend most of my free time (not that I have a lot) reading and doing things with my friends. My favorite class is history, and I was to teach it, especially British history, after college. I also enjoy ceramics. Very relaxing

2) What are your favorite books? Non Star Wars and Star Wars?

You get to the hard ones very quickly So hard to choose . . . I?d have to say that my favorite Star Wars books are all n the NJO: Allston?s Rebel Dream and Rebel Stand, and the Force Heretic trilogy. As for favorite non Star Wars book, that?s even harder, but . . . I?d have to say Summers as Castle Auburn by Sharon Shinn, and Lynn Flewelling?s trilogy that consists of The Bone Doll?s Twin, The Hidden Warrior, and The Oracle?s Queen.

3) On the subject of Star Wars, when did you get the bug?

I actually didn?t know anything about Star Wars until TPM came out when I was nine (I actually had it confused with Star Trek, which my mother loves). My father, who is a big Star Wars fan, wanted to take me to see it, but he showed me the OT first so I would understand it. I fell in love with ROTJ and have been completely obsessed since.

4) What was your first experience with fanfic?

My sister used to hang out here years ago, and she got me involved. I lurked a bit and replied on her name. I can?t remember the first fanfic I ever read, but some of the early ones were by Melyanna, Jedi-Princess-Solo, and LTJ. I fell so in love with it that I decided to start writing my own.

5) All great authors for sure. What were some of the first fanfics you remember? How did they affect your view of Star Wars?

Melyanna?s ?Of Pilots and Jedi? was one of the first, and I got really into the AU world that she and padawan lunetta created. Those fics showed me that the NJO didn?t have to be grim and dismal. Those stories were absolutely amazing, and I loved that people could create stories that were even more wonderful than the books. It gave me a better outlook on the EU, knowing what might be in store if professional authors were as good as fanfic authors.

6) You have a new story started this March ? The Flickering Candle I: The Lord of Chaos. Can you tell us about where you're taking this adventure? Who are the main characters?

It will end up being a battle between the Jedi and a powerful being trying to drag the galaxy into chaos. The main characters are the children of Jaina, Jacen, and Anakin, as well as Ben Skywalker and some OCs. The trilogy is actually a sequel to the first stories I wrote here?I just can?t let go ;)

6) Why did you choose to do an AU venturing off from the RD time period?

It was actually and RS AU, but I started it there because when I started writing this series four years ago, RS was the most current book. I also added in some elements from Traitor since it came out when I was a few posts into the story. But if I had to do it again, I?d still place it there. That dulogy is excellent.

7) And the big question - what is it about Jaina and Jag that captivate you?

They balance each other. Jag?s calm balances Jaina?s wild side, and her fiery personality is bringing him out of his grim, closed shell. They both love the same thing (flying) and are similar because of their heritage. Hopefully being Corellian will draw them together again in the Legacy books.

8) Do you have any thoughts on the current lac

13. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    [face_pumpkin] FALL CHALLENGE[face_pumpkin]

Okay we just know Jag's coming back into Jaina's life, but for some reason the powers that be at DelRey enjoy watching us squirm. So here's the cure for J/J withdrawal while we wait...

Entry parameters

Jag's bound to drop back into Jaina's life, or perhaps the other way around [face_batting] How is it going to happen? What will they say to each other? How long will it take to resolve their feelings of mistrust and remember what they had during the Yuuzhan Vong War?

Rules:

1. Links to entries must be posted in the challenge thread posted in Resource.

2. There is no word limit on this one. The entries can be one post or multiple posts - with a limiting post count of four.

3. Entries must use the following words - tower, council, bracelet, fish, sixteen and sock. (Please bold so the judges can find them.)

4. Entries must have the index required block of information (Title, Author, Genre, etc.) at the top of the opening post.

5. Entries must conclude with Jaina and Jag reunited with hope for their future.

6. Entries must include the key elements of Star Wars - action, drama, suspense, romance, scoundrels, Wookiees, back-talking droids and sage Jedi Masters.

7. Entries will be judged on adhering to the key elements of Star Wars, the romantic reunion of Jaina and Jag, writing elements (including, but not limited to, spelling, grammar, narrative, pacing, show not tell), adherence to all the challenge rules (including cleverness for word insertion), and overall impression.

There are no other restrictions. The challenge closes on November 10th at 11:59PM board time.

Questions can be PMed to T'Keira or posted in the challenge thread. As always I am looking for a few brave folks to judge.

~T'Keira

14. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    Welcome to the one-day early J/J Index October Update :)

New Stories

Author: Mira_Jade
    Title: 10 Ways To Know You Are In Love, You Idiots
    Timeframe: NJO, sort of.
    Characters: Jaina and Jag.
    Genre: Humor
    Keywords: Jaina, Jag, Idiots.
    Summary: You can only be oblivious for so long.

Art

The art submissions will be up soon :)

If you have art submissions, please PM Jaina_Jag_Index or BigFatty.

Reviews and Reviewers

We have a new reviewer. Please welcome Lola 64 =D=

If you would like to become a reviewer or would like more information about becoming one, please PM Jaina_Jag_Index or NYCitygurl.

If you have a J/J story you would like reviewed, please PM Lola 64, oldjedinurse, or NYCitygurl.

[face_pumpkin] FALL CHALLENGE[face_pumpkin]

Okay we just know Jag's coming back into Jaina's life, but for some reason the powers that be at DelRey enjoy watching us squirm. So here's the cure for J/J withdrawal while we wait...

Entry parameters

Jag's bound to drop back into Jaina's life, or perhaps the other way around [face_batting] How is it going to happen? What will they say to each other? How long will it take to resolve their feelings of mistrust and remember what they had during the Yuuzhan Vong War?

Rules:

1. Links to entries must be posted in the challenge thread posted in Resource.

2. There is no word limit on this one. The entries can be one post or multiple posts - with a limiting post count of four.

3. Entries must use the following words - tower, council, bracelet, fish, sixteen and sock. (Please bold so the judges can find them.)

4. Entries must have the index required block of information (Title, Author, Genre, etc.) at the top of the opening post.

5. Entries must conclude with Jaina and Jag reunited with hope for their future.

6. Entries must include the key elements of Star Wars - action, drama, suspense, romance, scoundrels, Wookiees, back-talking droids and sage Jedi Masters.

7. Entries will be judged on adhering to the key elements of Star Wars, the romantic reunion of Jaina and Jag, writing elements (including, but not limited to, spelling, grammar, narrative, pacing, show not tell), adherence to all the challenge rules (including cleverness for word insertion), and overall impression.

There are no other restrictions. The challenge closes on November 10th at 11:59PM board time.

If you have questions or are willing to judge, please PM TKeira_Lea.

The challenge thread is here.

Index News and Information

The Index has been completely fixed, and several months? worth of stories have been added in. If your story isn?t in there, please PM the information to Jaina_Jag_Index. If your story has new information (has been completed, has won awards, etc.) please PM us that updated information.

The Conference Room

The Conference Room is having a discussion about the next Legacy book. J/J spoilers abound.

Author Interviews

If you have an author you?d like to see interviewed, PM TKeira_Lea.

15. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    Art:

By BigFatty, original lineart by oldjedinurse:

[image=http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a223/jainajagindex/By%20BigFatty/Fel_Family_Portrait_FinalColor2.jpg]

By oldjedinurse:

[image=http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a223/jainajagindex/By%20oldjedinurse/Fel_Family_Portrait_Final.jpg]

By TheOnlyJediPrincess:

[image=http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a223/jainajagindex/By%20TheOnlyJediPrincess/JainaSolo2.jpg] [image=http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a223/jainajagindex/By%20TheOnlyJediPrincess/JainaSoloColor.jpg] [image=http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a223/jainajagindex/By%20TheOnlyJediPrincess/JainaSolo.jpg]

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Wow, that is some amazing artwork!!

17. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    LOVE those Jaina portraits, TOJP!

Great work!

oldj

18. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    Beautiful artwork, everyone! Oldj, I LOVE that finished work and I love the colorations, BigFatty!

And the Jaina portraits are awesome! I especially love the close-up. The way she's holding the saber is unique - and really cool!

Great work!=D=

Telanna'tani

19. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Great artwork =D=

20. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    The artwork is fantastic =D= !

21. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    How does the whole reviewing thing work? What's the appropriate way to ask one of the reviewers to have a story reviewed?

22. SalazarSlytherin

SalazarSlytherin Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2006
    If you want your story reviewed, all you have to do is PM one of the reviewers and ask her to do it. We only ask that your story either be completed or close to completion, or long enough that you're far enough into it that a reviewer can give an accurate review. If you've only got a few posts of it posted, we ask that you wait a while before requesting a review.

If you want to BE a reviewer, all your have to do is review stories (though you have to have an author's permission to do so). If you want more information about that, PM the sock or NYCitygurl (which will get you faster results :p ).

23. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    What if the story has been submitted to the index but hasn't been posted up yet. Do you have to wait for the story to be displayed on the index before asking a reviewer to review it?

24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Depends. If you've submitted it and it's not been put in, you must have submitted it after the last update (I only check the sock once a month, during update time :p ). We don't care about it not being in or not being in yet, but if you started it less than a month ago and it's not a vignette or short story, we'd prefer that you wait until you've posted a lot of it before it gets reviewed.

25. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    It's actually finished.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.