main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Behind the Conference Room Door -- Jaina/Jag Index v2.0 -- Winter 2010 Updates!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jaina_Jag_Index, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [:D] I adore having you as my padawan. You're not ever allowed to leave me :p [:D]

2. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Don't worry, Nat, even if you knighted me I'm sure I wouldn't go away. [face_love]

3. Jaina_Jag_Index

Jaina_Jag_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2003
    Due to the lack of new artwork, stories, and reviews, there will be no J/J Index update for March. We will resume our monthly updatesin April. We still appreciate your submissions of J/J stories and artwork, as well as reviews and interview requests.

~The J/J Index Managers

4. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    Due to the lack of new artwork, stories, and reviews, there will be no J/J Index update for April. We will resume our monthly updates in May. We still appreciate your submissions of J/J stories and artwork, as well as reviews and interview requests.

~The J/J Index Managers

5. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    Very small May update.

Stories

Author: Darkwriter
    Title: That Man
    Timeframe: During The Most Frightening Concept in the Galaxy, right before Jacen and Tenel Ka announce themselves as an official couple.
    Characters: Jagged and Jaina Solo Fel.
    Genre: vignette, mush
    Keywords: Twins, J/J, mush
    Summary: Jaina tells Jagged that they're having twins.
    Notes: This is my first time writing Jaina/Jagged without anyone else. I'd love feedback! You don't need to read anything else in the series to understand this, but just for kicks, you can find the rest of the Alternatia Kismet Collection in my profile.

Interviews and Reviews

We really need both, especally interviews. If you have a review, PM NYCitygurl. If you have an interview suggestion, PM BigFatty.

Challenge

We have one in the works! We can't give away any details, but we can say one thing . . . it involves parents.

Art

[image=http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs13/i/2007/088/6/6/Jagged_Fel_by_JediSeeker1.jpg]

by JediSeeker1

6. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    In honor of the Moms and Dads around here and their upcoming holidays...

J/J Index Parent's Day Challenge

Rules and Regulations:

Obviously, Jaina and Jag must be involved. The storyline needs to also take place on or around a holiday celebrating parents (Mother's Day, Father's Day, Parents' Day, what have you).

7. Entries must be posted in the challenge thread. (Located here.)

8. Entries can be no longer than 3,000 words.

9. You must use the following words: collapse, soggy, fantasize, regret, and blue. And please bold these words in your entries to help out the judges.

10. Entries must have the index required block of information (Title, Author, Genre, etc.) at the top.

11. Entries will be judged on originality, characterization, spelling/grammar, adherence to the challenge rules/cleverness for word insertion, and overall impression.

12. All entries need to be in by Father's Day (June 17) by 11:59PM PST. Have questions? PM BigFatty. Don't have a plot bunny nibbling at your toes, but still want to be involved? I need judges, so send me (BigFatty) a PM.

Have fun and get to writing!

13. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Just kicking this up...

I'm hoping to really have a chance to do this challenge.

We will have to see how forgiving DRL is before Father's Day.

FL @};-

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I hope we get lots of participants; this is going to be a really fun challenge :)

15. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    My entry is in the challenge thread. Please be kind, it's my first time writing J/J!

16. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    The very sad-looking June update

Challenge[/b]

It's still going strong, but we've only had one entry so far. Get your creative juices flowing and submit an entry!! Make sure you follow the guidelines posted above and post it in the challenge thread. Challenge ends June 17th.

And if you just can't get any plot bunnies, we're in need of judges! Contact [b]BigFatty[/b] if yo're interested.

[hr]

[b]Interview[/b]

We've got an upcoming interview with [b]The_Burberry_Ewok[/b], so stay tuned!!

Want to see your favorite J/J author interviewed? Contact [b]BigFatty[/b] or [b]NYCitygurl[/b].

[hr]

[b]Reviews[/b]

We need some!! If you're interested in being a reviewer or in having your story reviewed, please contact [b]NYCitygurl[/b]!

17. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Bumping to try and stir up interest in the challenge.

18. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    *stumbles in*

Hmm? I may be able to come up with something for this. Four days? Good thing I've got all Thursday?

KT

19. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    And now sit back and enjoy an interview with one of the newest J/J authors on the boards: The_Burberry_Ewok

What made you a Star Wars fan?

My parents bought me the Original Trilogy for Christmas one year, about ten or twelve years ago. I wasn?t very interested in them at first, so they sat on the shelf gathering dust for about 6 months (I know, I know- it?s a travesty that I?m shamed to admit to. One day, I was bored, and put in A New Hope. I was hooked. From then, I loved the Saga. Just between us true fans, I?ll admit to owning the action figures, several toy lightsabers, posters, and of course the books.

Beyond even my personal experience, there is something universal about Star Wars. It?s every myth, every story- yet it is entirely unique. And while the ships and stories and odd looking aliens were what first entranced a little girl about Star Wars, it is the characters who have kept me coming back again and again, years down the road. In one sense, every character is a stereotype. No, stereotype isn?t the right word; archetype works better. They are instantly familiar. At the same time, each character is more. Han is more than a pirate, Vader more than a villain. I think that is why I am so fond of the EU- I get to hang around with those characters as they live their lives- you know, grow, change, get married, have kids, stop an invasion, rule the galaxy- just the normal things.

Why did you start writing fanfiction?

I?ve been a lurker for years, occasionally reviewing, but never writing my own. Then, after the Legacy of the Force books were released, I couldn?t keep quiet any more. "Foreign Shores Unknown" was my very first piece of writing. I had an idea rolling around, and I had to put it down. I had this scene of Jag and Admiral Pelleaon talking after Exile, and it sort of spiraled from there.

Now, writing fanfiction is my release. Whenever school gets to be too much, I sit down and write something totally unrelated as a stress reliever (hence the reason that I tend to post more during finals). Also, it?s my way of discussing what?s going on in that galaxy far, far away. Since none of my ?real life? friends read the books, you wonderful people have become my sounding board.

What is it about Jaina and Jag's relationship that you like to write?
    I think that my favorite thing about Jag and Jaina is the fact that they shouldn?t work together. Think about it: he?s the Imperialistic, Chiss-trained pilot; she?s the Solo-Skywalker, impulsive Jedi. Yet, somehow, they fit together perfectly.

My favorite thing in writing Jag and Jaina is the interaction between them. I grew up watching old ?40?s comedies and my favorite television show, to this day, is ?West Wing.? Probably as a result of all that, I think dialogue is the most important thing. I love writing Jag and Jaina together, especially in the Legacy era, trying to one up the other. They are each other?s foil and sounding board, and it?s fun to play with that. I think that if the authors would ever just let go and have some fun with these two characters, they could be the Han and Leia of the ?next generation.?

What do you dislike to write about their relationship?

Ironically, the hardest thing for me to write is Jaina and Jag as a couple. I love to write them sniping at each other, and fighting alongside each other, and manipulating galactic events together, but I just can?t seem to write them as a ?couple.? It?s not that I dislike the idea- I?m a Jaina/Jag shipper through and through- but it is the hardest thing for me to write. So if anyone would like to lend a hand?(hint, hint). :p

What do you think the profic authors have in store for the couple?

Honestly, I think that Jaina and Jag will ultimately end up together, for several reasons. The biggest clue, I think, is the fact that the Legacy comics have given us a family of force-strong Fel emperors with a streak of white in their hair. It?s Occam?s Razor- the sim

20. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Great interview!!

P.S- I was playing KOTOR( very addicting game by the way) and I noticed that one of the faces you can choose for Revan looks identical and I mean, IDENTICAL to Jag's face. The face even has the same scar. It would be weird if Revan was one of the first Fels....and it would be even weirder if Jag was a clone of Revan...Okay, now that's getting weird, so I'm just going to stop right there. But anyway, one of the faces in the game does look like Jag.

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That was a really excellent interview!! =D=

22. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    I think that my favorite thing about Jag and Jaina is the fact that they shouldn?t work together. Think about it: he?s the Imperialistic, Chiss-trained pilot; she?s the Solo-Skywalker, impulsive Jedi. Yet, somehow, they fit together perfectly.

Well put, and it does make a good arguement that they could be the "H/L" of this generation. Great interview. I'll have to check out those Eagles songs- pretty cool idea.

=D=

~padawanlost

23. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Wonderful interview!!

I love your stories and I can't wait to read the new one... I'll be on the look out for it.

FL @};-

24. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002

It does seem easier to write them with a little verbal sparring or as warriors fighting side by side. From what I've read of your work, you do a good job with the couple part too. ;)

Great interview =D=

On that note, if anyone has an author they'd like spotlighted, send me a PM. :D

25. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    July 2007 update

Happy Independence Day to everyone in the United States and Canada!!!

STORIES

We have a lot of stories this month, so I?d like to give a hand to the following authors for keeping their interest in Jaina and Jag and helping the index =D=

Author: TKeira_Lea
    Title: Kindling
    Timeframe: (post NJO, post-Ruin, etc.) Post-Sacrifice
    Characters: Jaina, Jag, Zekk, Jacen, Tenel Ka, Luke, Han, Leia
    Genre: (romance, action, etc.) Action, drama, speculation
    Keywords: kindling, inferno, fury
    Summary: The events of Sacrifice cause an explosion where not all within the Skywalker circle will survive.
    Notes: WIP, updated as the muse allows

Author: The_Burberry_Ewok
    Title: Foreign Shores Unknown
    Timeframe: Legacy Era (WARNING- spoilers for Tempest and Legacy comics)
    Characters: Jagged Fel, Jaina Solo, Han and Leia Solo, Admiral Pelleaon, Wedge Antilles, Jacen Solo, etc.
    Genre: Drama, Action, Romance
    Summary: It was a time of flexible loyalties. Governments rose, governments fell. Friendships were made, and betrayed. It is the story of how a pilot became an Emperor, a Jedi became a Sith, and how a love was born from the ashes.

Title: As Time Goes By
    Timeframe: Legacy Era (WARNING- spoilers for Legacy of the Force)
    Characters: Jagged Fel, Jaina Solo, Zekk, Jacen Solo, etc.
    Genre: Drama, Action, Romance, Crossover?
    Summary: A date with destiny reunites two star-crossed lovers in the no-man?s land of the Corellian Crisis. Will history repeat itself? What will win- duty or love? A classic story told in the galaxy far, far away.

Author: Darkwriter
    Title: Not Over Yet
    Timeline: post-TSW, AU
    Characters: Jagged Fel, Jaina Solo, Zekk.
    Genre: romance, short story
    Keywords: J/J/Z, DN AU, short story, Tenupe.
    Summary: Jaina and Zekk go after Jag when he falls at Tenupe.
    Notes: This is like a short story, but I?ve divided it up into chapters. I don?t really know how long it?s going to be. For those of you who have read That Man, this is in that universe. That said, this is part of the Alternatia Kismet Collection. You can find Jacen and Allana?s side of the story in my profile, as well as a teaser of what?s to come.

Author: DancerPadme
    Title: Fragments of Darkness
    Timeframe: 30 ABY
    Characters: The entire Solo/Skywalker family with a focus on L/M H/L and J/J romances with A/T and J/TK and a list of others
    Genre: Action, Angst and Romance
    Keywords: rewrite of the NJO
    Summary: Takes place during the NJO time period without the NJO actually occuring. It's my take basically on the NJO time period
    Notes: WIP

Author: lizodessky
    Title: Reparation
    Timeframe: LOFT, Post-Sacrifice
    Characters: Jaina, Jag, Han, Leia, Jacen, Zekk, Kyp, Ben, Mara

26. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Look at all the stories =D= :D

Great update, NYCitygurl and BigFatty! Everyone should remember to thank these ladies. They get the updates posted regularly and keep this index flowing.

Just wanted to add that we have an interview coming up midmonth with an author relatively new to J/J (but maybe we'll encourage her to write more) - lizodessky

27. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    Welcome to the August 2007 J/J Index update!

STORIES

Thank you to all the authors who sent in stories this month!!

Author: Flowerlady
    Title: Every Sword Needs a Shield
    Timeframe: LotF, post-Sacrifice
    Characters: Jag, Zekk, Jaina (Jag?s POV)
    Genre: General
    Summary: Jag and Zekk considers what they really are to Jaina.
    Notes: Vignette, ****

Author: DarthJainaSolo
    Title: Crash
    Timeframe: Post-DNT
    Characters: Jaina, Jag, Allana, Han, Leia, Ben, Luke, Lumiya
    Genre: Drama, Action, Angst
    Summary: Jaina rescues Jag from Tenupe - but that action has dire consequences
    Notes: WIP, and AU - this story verges off after the Dark Nest Trilogy.

Author: Jaina_and_Jag
    Title: When You Think of Me
    Timeframe: pre-DNT
    Characters: Jaina
    Genre: Drama, songfic
    Summary: Jaina has to leave Jag.

Title: Don?t Look Away
    Timeframe:-DNT
    Characters: Jag, Jaina
    Genre: Drama, songfic
    Summary: Things are't always perfect.
    Notes: prequel to When You Think Of Me

Author: NYCitygurl
    Title: Breathe
    Timeframe: Thoughtout the NJO and a little before
    Characters: Jaina, Jag, Cherith Fel, mentions of others
    Summary: Jag's heart breaks and heals
    Notes: Lyrics belong to Anna Nalick (Breathe: 2 AM). I twisted their meaning for my own use.

Title: Name Him Jacen
    Timeframe: post-LOTF
    Characters: Jaina and Jag
    Summary: Jacen is dead, but as Jaina and Jag prepare for the arrival of their second child, the memory of him still haunts Jaina.
    Notes: Part of the POTC Roulette Challenge. My quote was, " . . . and then they made me their chief."

Title: Wet
    Characters: Jaina and Jag
    Timeframe: NJO
    Summary: Jaina gets back to base to find a surprise waiting for her.
    Notes: Part of the Monday Mush Mania challenge

Title: End of the World
    Timeframe: the very end of LOTF: Sacrifice and after it.
    Characters: Jaina, Ben, Jacen, Allana, Tenel Ka, Jag
    Summary: Jaina's family is having serious problems, and she feels like the galaxy is falling to pieces around her
    Notes: Based on REM's "It's the End of the World As We Know It;" songfic

Title: Nat?s Drabbles
    Notes: The first set of 5 drabbles is about Jaina and Jag?s relationship

For the first time in several months, we have reviews!

[b]REVIEWS[/b]

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/23343388/p1/?21][color=blue]Play it, Sam[/color][/link]
    [b]Author:[/b] ****
    [b]Timeframe:[/b] post-NJO
    [b]Summary:[/b] After the Dark Nest trilogy, Jaina confesses her true feelings to Jag.
    [b]Review:[/b] Though it?s just a short scene in a bar, ?Play it Sam? is absolutely

28. Jaina_Jag_Index

Nov 9, 2003
    Well better late than never. Darth Real Life had its way with both interviewer and interviewee. But slowly we formed a fun read about one of the up and coming writers on the TFN boards.

Everyone, read on to learn more about lizodessky!

1) Tell us about yourself.

Well, I?m Sarah. I?m pretty much just your average seventeen year old high school senior. I go to an all girls high school in Houston, and have plans to major in Aviation Science and minor in Flight in college. I tend to be a bit shy.

2) What got you interested in Star Wars?

I?ve loved Star Wars my whole life. Luke Skywalker?s Death Star attack run in A New Hope is the first thing (other than the Jungle Book) that I remember seeing on television. By the time I was five, I had worn out my parent?s old VCR copies of the original trilogy. I decided that I was going to be Princess Leia when I grew up by the age of six. I had read the Thrawn Trilogy by the time I was eight.

Admittedly, I didn?t become the rather obsessed fan I am today until Attack of the Clones came out. Sure, before then I had read the books and had a crush on Luke, but I had never had the chance to see one of the films in the theatre. I dragged my rather miserable parents and little sisters to a Houston dollar theatre lacking air conditioning in the middle of July. From the moment I saw the opening crawl across the screen and heard the classic John William?s theme, I was hooked.

I love the original trilogy, but the prequel trilogy got my attention. The Expanded Universe is what gives me my fix and the inspiration to write fanfic.

3) What's your favorite books in the EU? And what do you think of the EU's future going forward with LotF and the Legacy Comics?

I love anything by Timothy Zahn. I?m partial to the Jedi Apprentice series by Jude Watson and Dave Wolverton, simply because it was the only Star Wars series that my local public library had all the books to. I?m also in what seems to be a minority of fans that actually liked the NJO. It?s very hard for me to just pick a single book. If I had to choose one though, it would have to be Visions of the Future by Timothy Zahn; mainly because L/M is the only ship that I love as much as J/J. Though I can say that Rebel Dream comes in a very close second, for reasons that I am sure are familiar to J/J shippers everywhere. :p

As for the future of the EU, I can?t really say yet. I must admit that I haven?t been fanatic about the LotF comics like I am the books; I wait for them to be compiled rather than dropping three bucks for a 24 page comic. From what I?ve seen from the first six issues of the Legacy comic, I?ve been none to impressed or interested by the characters or plot. I love the nostalgia that the EU has with the Big Three and can hardly bear to see Star Wars without them. I can?t exactly speak for everyone, but I?m sure some fans feel the same. Though I?m no big fan of the ?eighty is the new forty? trend they seem to have going in the LotF novels, I have no clear desire to see Luke, Han, or Leia die of old age (or die at all, for that matter). I honestly can?t see the EU proceeding with another series after the LotF novels without the Big Three. I wouldn?t mind some single author deals, but definitely not another multi-author series.

One thing in the Legacy comics that did spark my interest though; a Jaina look-alike with a white streak in her hair and the last name ?Fel?, swinging around a lightsaber. How many couples could produce a descendant that looks like that, I wonder? o_O [face_mischievous] So even if I don?t care much for what is happening now in the EU, at least it seems to be moving in my desired direction.

4) So you've written your first Jaina/Jag short story Reparation. What drew you to those characters?

Well, I?ve always been a fan of Jaina. In the order that I read the EU, I kind of grew up with the character. She?s sort of what I wish I was; confident, brave, and loyal to her friend come what may

29. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    One thing in the Legacy comics that did spark my interest though; a Jaina look-alike with a white streak in her hair and the last name ?Fel?, swinging around a lightsaber. How many couples could produce a descendant that looks like that, I wonder?

Excellent question ;) Nice interview!

30. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Awesome interview with a great author!! [:D]

I share your Dark-Journey journey to loving Jag ;)

Hope you have more time to write soon!! You've got a story that needs updating, missy ;)

31. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    Though I have to admit I was impressed at first sight by Jag, I agree it did take time for him to prove that he was the one. I do hope that you have more writing time soon, and look forward to your new perspective on our favorite couple, and their future.

[:D] Congratulations on the great interview.

~alex

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.