Characters Behind the Conference Room Door -- Jaina/Jag Index v2.0 -- Winter 2010 Updates!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jaina_Jag_Index, Jul 26, 2005.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. TKeira_Lea Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I loved getting Lizodessky's perspective in that she learned to like Jag. It's good to know he can grow on people ;)

I want to thank her for the interview and let everyone know we have the next one lined up. I'm eagerly awaiting a new set of J/J-centric fanfiction after Inferno's release yesterday :D
  2. Jaina_Jag_Index Jedi Knight

star 1
    Our September update is very short -- just a couple reviews. Remember to submit J/J strories, art, and story reviews to the index!!

Title: No One
    Author: Corellian_Cutie
    Summary: Jag's been stranded on Tenupe for two weeks and he's a bit delusional.
    Review: I read this vignette about a year ago, but it was just as delightful the second time around. Corellian_Cutie created a Jag very different from the books, but it was really nice to see his perspective after the battle of Tenupe. Jaina telling him that she was ?no one? was very cute, and a nice tie-in with a great song. This is a very nice piece, and I?ll miss seeing [b[Corellian_Cutie[/b] and her stories around the boards.
    Reviewer: NYCitygurl

Title: I?m Already There
    Author: J_M_Bulldog
    Summary: Five years after the Vong war, Jaina and Jag are separated while he?s out on deployment.
    Review: This was so sweet!! Jaina and Jag?s conversation was lovely mush, and their daughter is a cute little kid. Jag?s surprise was delightful, and I love that Kyp helped out ? that was my favorite part. This is the perfect mushy songfic.
    Reviewer: NYCitygurl

3. Jaina_Jag_Index Jedi Knight

star 1
    NEW STORIES

Only one this month:

Author: Hyperion_Rising
    Title:[/b] The Shattered Galaxy
    Timeframe: post-RotJ Au
    Characters: Jaina, Jag, Tenel Ka, (non-evil) Jacen, Anakin, Tahiri, Luke, Mara, Danni, Lando, Han, Leia, Gavin... let's just say almost everyone
    Genre: adventure
    Keywords: Jedi, smuggler, AU, J/TK, H/L, W/I, C/M, A/T
    Summary: Twenty-five years ago Mon Mothma was assassinated just days after the joint Rebel-Imperial victory at Bakura, and the Rebellion fell apart before it had a chance to become the New Republic. Some of its members continued to fight. Others simply disappeared. And now, twenty five years later, something is happening. A strange man walks into a bar and asks smuggler Jaina Draygo and her partner Tenel Ka Djo to get him into the closed Corellian system, and to get him, and four other people, out. A healer in Coronet feels a strange connection to a woman who shares his last name. A mentally unstable moisture farmer from Tatooine prophesies the end of an era. The shattered galaxy is about to be made whole again, for better or for worse.
    Notes: Trailer here

NEW ART

By TheOnlyJediPrincess

[image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a223/jainajagindex/By%20TheOnlyJediPrincess/I_killed_him_Inferno_spoiler_by_Jed.jpg]

Lineart by TheOnlyJediPrincess and Coloring by BigFatty

[image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a223/jainajagindex/By%20BigFatty/I_killed_him_Inferno_spoiler_by_Jed.jpg]

REVIEWS

None this month; there are a couple coming for November. If you?re interested in having your story reviewed or you would like to become a reviewer, please PM NYCitygurl.

CHALLENGE

We have one in the planning stages, so get ready to have some J/J writing fun!

INTERVIEWS

We have one in the works. If you have a suggestion of someone to interview, PM TKeira_Lea.
  4. Jaina_Jag_Index Jedi Knight

star 1
    Our interview this month is with Flowerlady. Without further ado, let's find out about one of fellow Indexed authors :)

1. Tell us a little about yourself.

I will be 38 in October and my real name is Sara. I?m married with two children?a son who is in 5th grade and a daughter who is in 2nd. I?m a former secondary social studies teacher and medical assistant who now works as a medical secretary at an Army health clinic. I?ve been there for almost 6 years. I live near the state capitol of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, in a small town not far from one of my favorite haunts, Gettysburg. I enjoy gardening and actually take my penname from my first love, well make that my second love, history is my first, particularly the American Civil War. My co-workers call me Flowerlady when they come to me for garden or flower advice. I have nearly two hundred different types of plants growing in a cottage or English garden on my quarter acre lot, which my husband scornfully calls Sara?s Jungle.

2. How did Star Wars become part of your life. And to follow up on that, when did the Star Wars fanfic bug bite?

I got interested in Star Wars as an adult after my hubby bought the OT videos in 1996, and I was hooked. I had seen bits and pieces of the movies before that but never the whole. When the PT came out I bought the videos/DVDs as they were released and would often sit and watch all of the movies that I had in one or two sittings. Then in ?05 when RotS came out I made it a point to see that one in the theater and it has actually become my favorite of the six movies, just as the novelization has become my favorite SW book.

However, after watching the last movie, I realized that was it. Or so I thought. Then I discovered the wonderful world of the EU. I had the wonderful experience of reading the EU books in order, or mostly in order. I started with Cloak of Deception and read them all in order to the present LotF series since June of ?05. I will admit I skipped some of the paperbacks such as the Rogue Squadron books until recently, but I am now going back and reading the ones I?ve missed between LotF book releases. I also try to read any of the new books of the other eras as they come out.

I?ve said that RotS is my favorite novel and movie, but I don?t really care for the Clone Wars. The NJO and LotF eras have become my favorite time periods, mainly because of Luke?s imperfect Jedi.

Oh, as for the Fan Fiction bug? That bit early autumn ?05, when I started reading the NJO. I discovered the TFN Archive and read nearly every romance fic in there. Then I discovered the Beyond Board and was in heaven. I had all the romance I?d ever wanted.

I began to write when the story Always Have, Always Will wouldn?t let me alone. I actually hand wrote the whole thing before I started posting it. I was a nervous wreck when I pushed that post button. I?ll never forget it. But after I got some encouraging reviews, I was hooked like a Twi?lek on spice.

3. You're not just a J/J shipper. What are some of the other 'ships that interest you?

No, I?m not just a J/J shipper. Actually, I?m rather new to J/J. I started out on the boards shipping Kyp with Jaina, and I still enjoy reading fics with them as a romantic entity. However, I know that in canon that will never happen. I began shipping J/J after Legacy comics came out. I?ve written several LotF speculation fics and came to the realization that my main speculation was that Jag and Jaina end up in the Empire and begin the Fel Dynasty. Startled myself with that one, I did. So, I took a deep breath, kissed Kyp good-bye and started shipping Jaina with Jag.

As for my other ships?I?m one of the main Ben/Jysella (Benella) shippers and was the one who suggested that there be an index/discussion thread dedicated to them and am the main staffer of that thread. I love the idea of Ben hooking up with Jys. I?m a Corran Horn fan, and have come to love his kids. So, I?ve fallen in l
  5. TKeira_Lea Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Flowerlady, thanks for the interview. It was fun to read about an author with a lot of varied interests in 'ships. Mostly I enjoyed finding another Thornbirds fan :)
  6. Jaina-Sticks-Fel Jedi Knight

star 1
    Whoop! You know I've been lurking around tf.n for over two years, and though hearing about this thread I had never seen it. [face_dancing] Yeah!!!
  7. padawanlost Jedi Master

star 4
    Great interview Sara, [:D]

I can't say I'm surprised that you're a Civil War buff. Living that close to Gettysburg, I guess its hard not to be.

I'm glad you (and rebel_cheese) took credit here for developing Alex Winger. I've been accused of Mary-Sue-ing several times, just cause she has the same name and hair color as me...gosh! I just don't get it :confused:

You have a great J/J going in The Path of Dreams that I hope continues for a long time. You really have a wonderful grasp of their personalities as individuals and as a couple. [face_love]

And, hopefully, now that you've found Kyp a good partner, you can continue to provide us with wonderful J/J mush that we are all in desperate need of [face_praying]

8. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
  9. Earthknight Jedi Master

star 4
    Excellent interview :D !!! Flowerlady, you are indeed a master at writing J/J.

This is just a side note but I think I'm too mean to Jag sometimes in my stories. I put him through such hardships :p . At least others have him in happy scenarios.
  10. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks every one....

FL @};-
  11. Jaina_Jag_Index Jedi Knight

star 1
    NOVEMBER UPDATE

We have a fabulous interview this month from oldjedinurse and a challenge idea in the works. Remember to submit all your J/J stories and artwork, as well as interview suggestions and any reviews you want to do!

Title: The Shattered Galaxy
    Author: HyperionRising
    Start Date: September 9, 2007
    Summary: After the Bakuran conflict, history has taken a different turn. The New Republic never came to be?nothing, and no one, are as they seem.
    Review: I was immediately captured by the original concept of this very entertaining story. Galactic history has been turned on its ear, yet there are constant echoes of familiar canon events. HyperionRising has done a terrific job of writing our favorite characters living different lives. Strangers and friends have changed, but some attractions are unavoidable. ;) The Shattered Galaxy grabbed my attention from the very first post. It has mystery, drama, and humor. I highly recommend it.
    Reviewer: oldjedinurse

And we also have a piece of art courtesy of TheOnlyJediPrincess:

[image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a223/jainajagindex/By%20TheOnlyJediPrincess/Jag_Fel_by_JediSeeker1.jpg]

/>
  12. BigFatty Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry for forgetting to send in what art should be added. TOJP's lovely Jag piece has been edited in for everyone to enjoy.
  13. Jaina_Jag_Index Jedi Knight

star 1
    [face_pumpkin] FALL CHALLENGE[face_pumpkin]

Leaves are changing and spoilers float down from the treetops...

In light of the recent excitement surrounding J/J in the LotF series, the index managers thought it would be nice to harness some of the enthusiasm in the air with a challenge.

Entry parameters

So here's what we're going to do. Write a missing scene from Inferno with Jaina and Jag as the only two characters.

1. Entry must be posted in the challenge thread.

2. Entry can be no longer than 2500 words.

3. Entry must have the index required block of information (Title, Author, Genre, etc.) at the top.

4. Entries will be judged on originality in use of what happened in Inferno[/i], adherence to canon, spelling/grammar/adherence to the challenge rules, mush factor (the ability to turn up the heat) and overall impression.

5. Must include the following words: mug, bracelet, nail, holo, rare, burp.

There are no other restrictions. The challenge closes on Dec 12th at 12:00PM board time.

Questions can be PMed to T'Keira or posted in the challenge thread. As always I am looking for a few brave folks to judge.

~T'Keira

Edit: deadline to Dec 12th. You guys really didn't want to turn them in today :p

- Thanks BigFatty for the catch
  14. Jaina_Jag_Index Jedi Knight

star 1
    Upping as a reminder about the challenge.

Don't forget that today is Fury's release. Spoilers in regards to J/J can be discussed in the Conference Room thread. Is there any interest in opening the challenge to include the new book?
  15. Jaina_Jag_Index Jedi Knight

star 1
    DECEMBER UPDATE

We don't have any new stories, artwork, or reviews this month, so please remember to submit any that you've got!

Another reminder about the challenge: please try it out!

There's a Fury discussion going on in the Conference Room. Please remember that the spoilers and discussion must be highlighted black for thirty days.
  16. TKeira_Lea Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Don't forget the Fall Challenge, folks!

We've been slow on entries. If interest is this low we may have to reconsider doing challenges or how often we do them. Any feedback that would help us, would be greatly appreciated.

Also just in case there is a last minute rush, I need volunteers to judge. Please send me a PM if you're interested.
  17. BigFatty Jedi Master

star 4
    I've got my entry in. :)
  18. TKeira_Lea Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    One more day, folks!

Check out all the J/J goodness here [face_dancing]
  19. Jaina_Jag_Index Jedi Knight

star 1
    Welcome to the first (and finally jamb-packed :p ) update of 2008!!

Author: TKeira_Lea
    Title: Rewind
    Timeframe: Legacy of the Force, Inferno missing scene
    Characters: Jaina, Jag
    Genre: drama
    Keywords: mug, bracelet, nail, holo, rare, burp
    Summary: Mara?s last words to Jaina hit home.
    Notes: Winner of the 2007 J/J Index Fall Challenge

Author: brodiew
    Title: Undignified
    Timeframe: between NJO and TJK
    Characters: Jaina and Jagged
    Genre: romance
    Keywords: sledding
    Summary: Jaina convinces Jag to go sledding.
    Notes: this was a Winter Gift Exchange for darkwriter and my first J/J fic.

Author: Darkwriter
    Title: Please Hide Your Yearbooks
    Timeline: A few years after That Man, when Jag and Jaina?s children are infants.
    Characters: Jaina Solo Fel, Jagged Fel, Jacen Solo, Anakin Solo, Leia Organa Solo, Han Solo, etc.
    Genre: vignette, humor
    Keywords: J/J, yearbooks, parents plotting.
    Summary: Jaina writes a letter to her children, warning them about their futures. Her message: hide your yearbooks.
    Notes: This is in the Alternatia Kismet Collection, after That Man. Main Idea: Jag and Jaina take forever getting married; a few years after they do, they have twin children named Saul and Sada. You don?t need to have read any part of the Alternatia Kismet Collection to understand this. Basically, it?s a cute little vig about how parents like to look at yearbooks. I got this idea when my mother kept sending me up to my room for my yearbook, so she could show everyone my brother?s first date to the Christmas dance.

Author: Commander-DWH
    Title: Zephyr in the Sky
    Timeframe: Sandwiched between Fury and Revelation
    Genre: drama, missing scene
    Keywords: J/J, songfic
    Summary: Jaina promised she wouldn't leave without saying goodbye.
    Notes: Written for the 1990's Pop Songfic Roulette

Author: NYCitygurl
    Title: If I Could Write
    Timeframe: various points during the period between Dark Nest and LOTF
    Characters: Jaina and Jag
    Summary: Jaina and Jag realize that they miss each other.
    Notes: The wonderful song isn't mine; "If I Could Write" belongs to Sam Phillips.

Author: NYCitygurl
    Title: Don?t Think I?m Coming Back
    Characters: Jaina and Jag
    Timeframe: LOTF, right after Jaina sees Jaga at the Temple
    Summary: What could have happened if Allston had had more page space.
    Notes: Somewhat-sequel to my songfic If I Could Write, but you don't have to read that to get this. Lyrics at the bottom by Sam Phillips.

CHALLENGES

Our Fall 2007 challenge just concluded.

[face_pumpkin] FALL CHALLENGE[face_pumpkin]

Leaves are changing and spoilers float down from the treetops...

In light of the recent excitement surrounding J/J in the LotF series, the index managers thought it would be nice to harness some of the enthusiasm in the air with a challenge.

Entry parameters

So here's what we're going to do. Write a missing scene from Inferno with Jaina and Jag as the only two characters in the />
  20. Jaina_Jag_Index Jedi Knight

star 1
    FEB '08 UPDATE

Stories

Author: Mira_Jade
    Title: Just Might
    Timeframe: Lotf, between "Fury" and "Revelation"
    Characters: Jaina, Jag
    Genre: Drama, Romance
    Summary: Jaina says goodbye before leaving for Mandalore.
    Notes: Written for the Country Music Songfic Roulette

Author: Jaina_and_Jag
    Title: ?Til I Touch Your Face
    Timeframe: 6 or so yrs. post-NJO
    Characters: Jaina
    Genre: Drama
    Summary: Jaina's at home with the kids...
    Notes: Vignette. Sequel to 'The Soldier'.

Author: canadianjedimama
    Title: Flight Paths
    Timeframe: postLOTF AU viggie
    Characters: Jaina Solo/Jagged Fel
    Genre: Romantic mush
    Summary: A little peak into a possible (and hopeful?!?) future for our favourite duo.

Author: jedisavre27
    Title: Apologize
    Timeframe: post DN
    Characters: Jag and Jaina
    Genre: songfic, angst
    Keywords: Jaina,Jag
    Summary: Based on the song Apologize by Timbaland featuring One Republic
    Notes: Complete

Author: Flowerlady
    Title: The Broken Road
    Genre: Angst, Romance? written in snapshot fashion.
    Timeframe: LotF?Post LotF (encompasses several years)
    Characters: Jaina, Jag, Zekk, others (Parings: Zekk/Jaina, Jag/OC and later Jag/Jaina {but not necessarily as a love triangle or square})
    Disclaimer: Not mine. GL owns the SW and Rascal Flatts own the song ?Bess the Broken Road?.
    Summary: The Sword of the Jedi fulfils her destiny, but now that the war is over things begin to change. While they fought together, first chasing Alema Rar and then Darth Caedus, Jag, Zekk and Jaina became a true team and partners. After Jag leaves, Jaina finds herself with Zekk. Deciding that she has waited long enough to have love in her life, she will make a decision that will eventually lead her to what she really wants. However after tragedy strikes, she will finally find the end of her broken road and a new beginning that she would never have dreamed of.

Author: Alkibiades
    Title: Horn and Hornblower
    Timeframe: 35-44 ABY
    Characters: Kyp Durron, Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel, the Horn family
    Genre: Romance, angst, tragedy
    Keywords: J/J, twice K/J, crack!ship
    Summary: Kyp makes a mistake; so does Jaina. Is there anyone who will live happily ever after?
    Notes: Two-part story. Completed. Inspired by a subplot in the Hornblower series ? hence the title. Everything I borrowed is the property of the conceiving genius.

Plot Bunnies

Submitted by Darkwriter:

*A little vig, about Jag and Jaina racing in their respective ships. They could already be married with kids. Their kids would shout things like, "Go, Daddy!" or "Get him, Mommy! He's on your tail!"*

We don?t have any art or reviews this month. If you have a story you want reviewed contact one of the reviewers. If you want to become a reviewer, PM NYCitygurl. If you want to submit art, contact BigFatty. If you want to suggest a J/J author to be interviewed or have challenge ideas, PM TKeira_Lea. Our next challenge will probably begin in four to six weeks./>/>
  21. Jaina_Jag_Index Jedi Knight

star 1
    MARCH '08 UPDATE

Stories

Author: NightSword
    Title: Remembering a World
    Timeframe: 30-50 ABY
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel, OC
    Genre: Angst, Romance
    Keywords: J/J, Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel, Orian Belidrino
    Summary: Three different people remember what Borleias meant to them over a span of two decades.
    Notes: Vignette, response to The First Sentence Challenge

Author: THE_PIED_PIPER
    Title: A Night of Goodbye
    Timeframe: LOTF: Set in the early stages of the novel by Karen Traviss; Revelation
    Characters: Jagged Fel, Jaina Solo
    Genre: Romance
    Summary: At the end of the novel by Aaron Allston, Fury, Jaina Solo promises to say goodbye to Jagged Fel before leaving to find Bobba Fett. This is my version of that goodbye.
    Notes: canon speculation

Title: Hello, Goodbye
    Timeframe: LOTF post Fury
    Summary: Kind of a missing mush scene between Fury and Revelation inspired by Jaina telling Jag she'd find him to say goodbye. No spoilers but a surprise guest star!

Art

By BigFatty with lineart by FalconFan

[image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a223/jainajagindex/By%20BigFatty/fc3051f1.jpg]

By Day_dreamy

[image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a223/jainajagindex/By%20Day_dreamy/f7efafbf.jpg]

[image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a223/jainajagindex/By%20Day_dreamy/18dd0592.jpg]

By FalconFan

[image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a223/jainajagindex/By%20FalconFan/254a1f7a.jpg]

Index Announcements

We're currently discussing the new LOTF book, Revelation, in the Conference Room. REMINDER: ALL SPOILERS MUST BE HIGHLIGHT-TO-READ.

The J/J Index team is planning a really fun activity involving J/J writers and other J/J fans. Stay tuned for more information!/>/>
  22. TKeira_Lea Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Great new stories and beautiful art. Got to love when the Index updates.

Look for an interview mid-month!
  23. Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master

star 3
  24. Jaina_Jag_Index Jedi Knight

star 1
    APRIL 2008 UPDATE

Stories

Author: Exploded-Girl
    Title: Goodnight, My Friend
    Timeframe: NJO, Post-NJO, doesn't really matter
    Characters: Jag, Han, others
    Genre: Angst
    Summary: Han observes a sad, loving, private moment between Jag and his young son. No spoilers for anything but Jag's existence.
    Notes: Vignette, partial songfic, tissue warning

Author: Canadian-Piper
    Title: Here With Me
    Genre: Songfic-Mush
    Summary: A nice mushy Invicible speculation songfic.

Author: Canadian-Piper
    Title: Jagged Fel Strikes Back
    Genre: Friendship and little angst
    Summary: A cannon compliant missing scene from Fury

Title: The Reluctant Princess
    Timeframe: post LOTF AU/speculation fic
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel, assorted others, OC's
    Genre: romance/action
    Summary: snapshots of Jaina and Jag as they move through their lives together after the events of LOTF:Invincible towards their Imperial destiny
    Notes: WIP

Author: aurrasingrules101
    Title: It?s All Coming Back to Me Now
    Timeframe: Post-Invincible speculation
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel
    Summary: after completing her destiny as Sword of the Jedi, Jaina finally realizes what she wants from the rest of her life
    Notes: Vignette

Author: ccp
    Title: Child of the Wild Blue Yonder
    Timeframe: post Legace of the Force.
    Characters: Han, Jaina, Leia and Jag.
    Timeframe: post Legace of the Force.
    Characters: Han, Jaina, Leia and Jag.
    Genre: romance, action, etc.
    Summary: Jaina through Han's eyes.
    Notes: Complete,Songfic

Index News

We don?t have any interviews, art, or reviews ready. If you would like to submit interview suggestions, PM TKeira_Lea. If you would like to submit art, PM BigFatty. If you would like to submit reviews or review suggestions, please PM NYCitygurl.

We have some exciting events in the near future. Tune in soon to see what they are!
    />
  25. Jaina_Jag_Index Jedi Knight

star 1
    Our art is in :)

By theboilingman:

[image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a223/jainajagindex/By%20theboilingman/JainaBytheboilingman.jpg]

Colored by BigFatty, lineart by theboilingman:

[image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a223/jainajagindex/By%20BigFatty/ColoredByBigFatty.jpg]
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade