Characters Behind the Conference Room Door -- Jaina/Jag Index v2.0 -- Winter 2010 Updates!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jaina_Jag_Index, Jul 26, 2005.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
  2. Jag4Me Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    TKL - That sounds like a really fun idea!
  3. brodiew Force Ghost

star 5
    Wonderful idea, TKL. Sign me up!
  4. TKeira_Lea Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Just a reminder to all those J/J writers to get their story info into the Index if you'd like to be included in the next update. :D
  5. Jaina_Jag_Index Jedi Knight

star 1
    January 2009 Update

Happy New Year J/J Fans!

Get in here and start 2009 off with a healthy dose of our favorite couple!

There are two new stories listed from our own TKeiraLex.

Next Time, It?s Personal
    Timeframe: Fate of the Jedi era
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel
    Genre: Action, Romance
    Summary: FOTJ speculation based on Millennium Falcon and preliminary FOTJ information

and

Return to Bolis Island
    Timeframe: post-LOTF
    Characters: Jagged Fel, Jaina Solo, Han & Leia Solo, Soontir & Syal Fel, Luke Skywalker
    Genre: Romance, Action, Mayhem
    Keywords: J/J
    Summary: Shortly after Invincible, Jaina and Jag finally get their Union.
    Notes: Sequel to TKL?s Wingman.

We know you guys want to see more of our favorite couple, so get to typing and send us a link to your posted fic!

6. Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master

star 3
    Any more challenges in the works?
  7. TKeira_Lea Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Since challenges are my job, I'm really thinking we should wait until a certain date...say, March 24th. [face_whistling]

Then we should all be duly inspired =P~
  8. JFEL13 Jedi Knight

star 1
    This may be off topic, but I'm going crazy looking for a missing scene story. I started reading it, got interrupted by my kids and now can't find it. It seemed funny too. There was a sabaac table with Wedge, Kyp and others in a hangar. Jag came in and I think it was right after the Should Be Going scene that Darth_Lex did. (one of my favorites). I think that either TKL or Lex wrote it, due to the wit and nailing the characters down so well. Please, please help me find this gem, so my mind and heart can rest.

Thanks
  9. Darth_Lex Force Ghost

star 4
    There's a sabacc scene with Han, Luke, Jag, and Zekk in Part Three of The Good News, my missing scenes from Invincible. There's another one with Jag, Han, Soontir, Wedge, and Lando in Return to Bolis Island. Maybe one of those is what you're thinking of?

10. JFEL13 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thank you for the quick reply, but unfortunately, not the one. Yours were fantastic, though. Poor Jag almost missing his chair but at the same time learning he's more family than Zekk. Then in Return to Bolis, the guys were so true to character and hilarious!!!! But the one I'm thinking of had Jag walking into a hangar where Wedge, Kyp and maybe Corran and maybe someone else were playing sabacc and Han was in the Falcon. I could have sworn it was right after Jaina left to see Fett. I remember that Jag said he loved Jaina to someone who was playing sabacc and teasing Jag. Jag didn't take part in the game.
    Now, maybe I dreamed this, since I've been reading so much fanfic while anxiously awaiting the release of Outcast, which will probably disappoint on the J/J front, or it was some less known author. I don't know. I'll keep looking because it was funny, laughing is good. If anyone knows....please post.
    Sorry, just have to gush for a second, you and TKL....My favorite writers....I had trouble finishing Millenium Falcon, once I discovered your stories. Thanks so much!

Okay, got it. I think it's called "Here With Me", a songfic by The_Pied_Piper. Really it was the badgering Jag that was so funny. The rest is okay, but we love to see the "old guys" giving the young and confused a hard time. So, it was good for that.
    Problem solved, I can sleep now.
  11. Jaina_Jag_Index Jedi Knight

star 1
    Summer 2009 Update

Several new stories since the last update:

Author: JediKyle23
    Title: When My World Ends
    Timeframe: Post NJO
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel, Jacen Solo, multiple Canon and Original charries
    Summary: Jaina Solo has suffered much, losing her brother Anakin to the Yuuzhan Vong, but when someone very close to her is lost, she goes on a journey of self-discovery and realizes that even though her whole world has ended, that doesn't mean that she has to give up on life. Taking place over many years, and incorporating trademark Star Wars action and drama, When My World Ends is a look at how one deals with losing so much, and building herself back up to realize that her life is not yet over.

Author: T?Keira Lea
    Title: Rendezvous
    Timeframe: Legacy of the Force: Invincible
    Genre: Romance
    Keywords: Jaina, Jag
    Summary: After fleeing Nickel One, Jaina comms Jag for a ride.
    Notes: Missing scene

Author: T?Keira Lea
    Title: Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Bound
    Timeframe: post-Outcast
    Characters: Jagged Fel, Jaina Solo
    Genre: drama
    Notes: canon speculation, Fate of the Jedi: Outcast spoilers
    Summary: Her destiny as Sword of the Jedi has kept Jaina?s life in a holding pattern and prevented her from solidifying her relationship with Jag. What happens when the thing she?s sworn her life to protect suffers a mortal blow?

We'll have a few more stories to include, once we receive confirmation from the authors that they'd like to be included. :)

[edit] Here they are! [face_dancing]

Author: JordanCHFel
    Title: If You Had To?
    Timeframe: NJO AU
    Characters: Jagged Fel, Jaina Solo(Deceased), Mara Jade-Skywalker, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Baron General Soontir Fel, Wynssa Fel, Syal Fel, Uni Taikia
    Genre: Romance, Angst, etc.
    Keywords:
    Summary: A twist of the NJO with Jaina dying to save the Twin Suns and Jag having a hard time coping with that. The Fel Family pays a visit and brings trouble. Enjoy!
    Notes:

Author(s): CelesteAntola
    Title: Recognition
    Timeframe: Legacy of the Force - Fury
    Characters: Jagged Fel and Jaina Solo
    Genre: Angst, Hurt/Comfort
    Keywords:
    Summary: A multi-post missing scene from Fury. Basically Jag's escape from the asteroid and his transfer to the Falcon on Bimmiel.
    Notes: Some of the dialogue is from Fury, by Aaron Allston, Pages 251-252, 255-256, paperback edition.

Author: EmpressJainaSoloFel
    Title: A Father?s Heart
    Timeframe: post-LOTF AU
    Characters: Soontir Fel, Syal Fel, Wyn Fel, Wedge Antilles, Iella Antilles, Han Solo, Leia Solo, Valin Horn, and last but in no way least, Jaina Solo and Jagged Fel
    Genre: Romance
    Keywords:
    Summary: After Legacy of the Force, Soontir contemplates his choices as a parent, and how those choices affected Jagged. When news of Jagged prompts Soontir to make a big decision, is it too late for him to encourage his son to follow his heart?
    Notes:
  12. olso3856 Jedi Padawan

I tried to PM this info, but I'm not sure what was going on. I just figured I'd make sure it got here somehow :( Sorry!

(I hope I'm doing this right! It's my first time :D)

Title: New Beginnings
    Link to story: http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/30302104/p1/?5
    Link to your user profile: http://boards.theforce.net/UserPages/Profile.aspx?user=olso3856
    Co-Authors: None
    Timeframe: Set at the end of Invincible
    Characters: Jaina Solo/Jag Fel
    Genre: Romance, Hurt/Comfort
    Summary: Jag finds time to see Jaina at the end of Invincible and has a proposition
    Notes: One-shot, my first story! (Yay for J/J!!)

(Like I said, I'm so sorry if this is wrong....)
  13. TKeira_Lea Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Olso, we'll be doing a Fall update at the end of them month and will include this. Anyone else with J/J stories that they want indexed should send them in.
  14. Jaina_Jag_Index Jedi Knight

star 1
    The Winter Update

So here it is, an update just in time for the holidays! Now when the wind is whipping and a chill is in the air, and you?re thinking, ?Boy, I?d like to snuggle up with some hot chocolate and read some good J/J??

Author: BigFatty
    Title: The Morning After
    Timeframe: A few hours after chapter 21 of Omen
    Characters: Jaina Solo and Jagged Fel
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Summary: Joy comes in the morning.
    Notes: It's been a while since I wrote a J/J canon piece without a challenge attached to it, but this moment needs to be written about. It's a little piece of fluff, but these two deserves something light and mushy after all these years. SPOILER WARNING: This fic discusses two large events that happen in the book Omen. If you don't want to be spoiled for those events, walk away now.

Author: Darth_Lex
    Title: It Had To Be Done
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Han Solo, Leia Solo
    Genre: Humor
    Keywords:
    Summary: Missing scene from Fate of the Jedi: Omen
    Notes:

Author: TheSwordJainaSoloFel
    Title: ?You?
    Timeframe: FotJ era
    Characters: If you read it, I?m sure you can figure that out
    Genre: Songfic based off of the song ?You? by Evanescence. Mushy.
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes: FotJ era. Companion to "Come Back To Me"

Title: Confessions of an Overprotective Father
    Characters: Jagged Fel, Han Solo, Leia Solo
    Keywords:
    Summary: Missing scene from Fate of the Jedi: Omen
    Notes:

Author: jadesabre75
    Title: Lost and Then Found
    Timeframe: AU
    Characters: Jag and Jaina mainly and of course your other favorites
    Genre: romance, humor, angst, action
    Keywords:
    Summary: Jaina is faced with a life changing decision. What will she choose and who will she meet along the way?
    Notes: Well, Jake and I were watching POTC a while back and the idea popped into my head of Jag as a pirate. I mean, does it get much better than that image?!?! So here?s my attempt at that. I?m not attempting to channel Jack Sparrow, but don?t be surprised if it creeps in there. LOL

Author: Flowerlady
    Title: Birthday Surprise
    Characters: Jaina/Jag
    Timeframe: post FotJ
    Genre: pure romance....with some humor
    Summary: If I tell you, it would ruin the surprise.
    Note: As many of you know, I've been pursuing my dream of becoming a published author. I'm well on my way, but couldn't but chuckle when this little number popped in my brain. Which considering I haven't even thought too much about SW in the past few months, really surprised me.
    So, in honor of my 40th birthday sad ...you get the present. Well, at least I hope you consider it one. This will be posted in two short parts. I'm hoping to get the second part up tomorrow night.
    Enjoy!

Author: Ceillean
    Title: Bad Girlfriend
    Genre: Humor, Romance
    Characters: Jag/Jaina
    Timeline: no idea
    Notes: First off, big thank you to Maggy. She more or less kicked me in the butt to get this started. It's not done yet but I'm getting there. So thanks, Maggy. For your input and for helping me out. You really are my muse.

Author: oldjedinurse
    Title: Double Take!
    Timeframe: FOTJ AU
    Characters: Jaina, Jag, others
    Genre: A Little Humorous Fluff
    Keywords: Jag, Jaina
    Notes: An alternate view of J/J dating.

Author: Darkwriter
    Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/3037824
  15. darkladypurplepencil Force Ghost

star 2
    Any reason this hasn't been updated in forever?

DLPP
  16. Ceillean Force Ghost

star 5
    Honestly...where have all the J/J fans gone to? [face_worried]
  17. darkladypurplepencil Force Ghost

star 2
  18. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    There's the discussion thread.

Update looks good. :)
  19. TKeira_Lea Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The Index relies on authors to submit stories for indexing or volunteers to notify us of new stories. If you see any new ones, please pass along that you'd like to see it indexed.

They still exist; in fact there are quite active forums (not at TFN), where lots of J/J fans discuss the pair on a daily basis.

FelsGoddess, thanks! :D

For the J/J fans: We've been waiting for the spoiler period to wind down on Allies to initiate any type of discussion here at TFN. Those highlight-to-read discussions get very mark-up code intensive, you know?
  20. Jaina_Jag_Index Jedi Knight

star 1
    The Summer Update

Enjoy! :D

Author: alanna_mara
    Title: A Rite of Passage
    Timeframe: Fury
    Characters: Jagged Fel
    Genre: missing scene
    Summary: What was going through Jag's head as he piloted the Falcon.
    Notes: Complete

Title: A Blossom In Winter
    Characters: Jag Fel, Jaina Solo
    Genre: mush *swoons*
    Notes: Thanks to the lovely Jade_Eyes for nudging me into the direction of Jag and Jaina mush. I hope you like this. I actually like it a lot. Enjoy everyone!

Author: FelsGoddess
    Title: Broken
    Timeframe: Post LotF
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel, Han and Leia Solo, Allana Solo
    Genre: Angst/Romance
    Summary: It's been 8 months since the battle between Jaina and Darth Cadeus. Jaina struggles with how she can move on. In addition to dealing with her own demons, Jaina must uncover a sinister plot by those determine to take control of the galaxy.

Title: Bleeding Love
    Characters: Jagged Fel, Jaina Solo
    Genre: Challenge response
    Keywords: love song challenge response
    Summary: Jagged Fel reflects on the damage he and Jaina have done to each other through the course of their relationship. Jag's POV.
    Notes: This is a response to the Love Song Roulette Challenge My song was "Bleeding Love" performed by Leona Lewis. I took parts of the song and paired the lyrics with what I wrote. The lyrics do not belong to me, nor does Star Wars.

Title: The Uprising
    Timeframe: A couple years after Rebel Stand
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel, Solos, Skywalkers, Fels, OCs
    Genre: Action
    Keywords: slavery, NJO, Yuuzhan Vong captivity
    Summary: Captives of the Yuuzhan Vong are victims of a brutality never seen before by this galaxy. Three captives, two kept for slave labor and one for who he is, struggle to find a way to conquer the Yuuzhan Vong once and for all.
    Notes: Thank you so much to SWPants666 for being a wonderful beta.

Title: I Wanted to Hate Her
    Timeframe:post-NJO- FotJ Omen
    Characters: Syal, Jag, Jaina
    Genre: Angst, Reflection
    Keywords:
    Summary: Syal's thoughts on Jaina through the various events between the end of the New Jedi Order and Omen.
    Notes: There is a spoiler for Omen at the bottom.

Title: "It's Not Fair"
    Timeframe: Fate of the Jedi: Omen
    Characters: Han, Leia, Jaina and Allana Solo, Jag Fel
    Keywords:
    Summary: Jaina and Jag share some important news with the Solos.
    Notes: This contains a spoiler from Omen.

Author: Jade eyes
    Title: Believing in Us
    Genre: Mush from start to finish
    Characters: J&J
    Timeframe: Coolest beans time of J&J embarking on their new career path in the New Empire. They talk and think about this major change.
    Disclaimer: Own nothing, not even Jag LOL
    A/N: In response to the challenge for May 24, 2010 for Monday Mush Mania Theme is moving on: can be literal or symbolic; how, when, and why, and who all left up to the author. Thanks to Ceil for the beta.

Title: Rumor Has It
    Characters: Jaina/Jag, Anja, Tahiri
    Genre: Humor & Mush
    Timeframe: Post-NJO
    Disclaimer: Just borrowing for a bit.
    A/N: In response to the Proverbs Challenge Roulette on Fanfiction Writer Resource.
    ?Gossip is a vice enjoyed vicariously.? #40 Proverb American origin.
  21. TKeira_Lea Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The Winter update is in preparation. If you would like to see your J/J story posted in the index let us know.
  22. Jaina_Jag_Index Jedi Knight

star 1
    The Winter Update

Enjoy! :D Some great stories in here. :cool:

If you see any corrections or additions, just send a PM to the Index sock and we'll fix it. :) Otherwise we'll be updating the main index listings (on page 1 of this thread) sometime next week. [face_dancing]

Title: Just Beyond The Clouds
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Characters: Jag, Jaina, Kyp (obviously :p ), Brakiss, OC's
    Notes/Summary: I resurrected Brakiss! I wonder how many people actually remember him.
    You know how you start on a Vig and it suddenly turns out to be much, much, much, much more? This is one of those times.
    A lot of Jag and Jaina, a bit of humor and a whole lot of "I will kick your ass if you hurt her" on Jag's part. My muse started yelling at me to write a bad-ass Jag.

Title: Tangled Up In You
    Genre: Romance songfic
    Characters: Jag/Jaina
    Notes: The song is called Tangled Up In You By Staind.

Author: CelesteAntola
    Title: Dreaming With a Broken Heart
    Characters: Jagged Fel
    Timeframe: Post-Allies
    Summary: Jag tries to come to terms...
    Notes: SPOILER ALERT!!! If you've not read Allies, read on at your own risk!!
    Notes: Winner of the 2010 Beyond the Saga Fan Fiction Awards- Best Vignette

Title: Permanent
    Timeframe: Post LOTF AU
    Characters: Jagged Fel, Jaina Solo-Fel, Kyp Durron
    Genre: Suspense
    Notes: WIP

Author: Darth Lex & T?Keira Lea
    Title: Masquerade
    Timeframe: shortly before FOTJ
    Characters: Jagged Fel, Jaina Solo, C-3PO, R2-D2, Ashik
    Genre: Romance, Humor
    Summary: A two-part J/J story for Halloween.

Title: Lilies, Earth, and the Sea
    Timeframe: Sometime after LotF
    Characters: Jaina, Jag, Ben
    Genre: Mush
    Keywords: Monday Mush Mania challenge
    Summary: Jaina and Jag learn that they are about to become parents.
    Notes: Written for the July 19, 2010 MMM Challenge
    Topic: First Baby!!
    A character has just found out and has to break it to their other better half, the worries and the complications that they think will come and the anticipatory joys -- then the big reveal and the mush after. Yum!

Title: The Letter
    Timeframe: Three weeks before Fate of the Jedi: Outcast
    Keywords: letter, romance
    Summary: Jaina writes Jag a...romantic letter before he arrives on Coruscant for the Unification Summit.
    Notes: Just a fun piece.

Title: Finding Our Way Together
    Characters: Jaina/Jag
    Genre: Humor/mush/romance
    Disclaimer: Borrowing with affection.
    A/N: Little fic "kisses" of J/J goodness -- 50 sentences packed with nummyness.

Author: Kailene
    Title: Rendezvous
    Timeframe: Post NJO
    Characters: Jaina, Kyp, Wedge, Tycho, Jag
    Genre: Song-fic, Romance, Friendship
    Summary: A little "help" from friends reunites two lovers.
    *This is in response to the Love Song Roulette Challenge. My song was Your Body Is A Wonderland, by John Mayer, and it inspired this little piece of mush. Lyrics are in italics.

Author: Kailene
    Title: Underhanded Tactics
    Characters: Jaina, Jag
    Summary: Jag is mad at Jaina, she doesn't want to fight with him, so she comes up wit/>
  23. Jaina_Jag_Index Jedi Knight

star 1
    The Fall Update

So it?s been a while since we updated the Index. :oops: But a lot of great stories have been posted since the last update. [face_dancing]

If you see any corrections, or if we inadvertently missed your story and you?d like it added to the update, just send a PM to the Index sock and we'll fix it. :D

Title: Of Hope And Forgiveness
    Genre: Drama
    Characters: Jag/Jaina, Kyp/Eliziya, other OC's
    Notes: I know I shouldn't be starting yet another story but it's a short one. Just a few posts and I really need to step away from all the mush and relationship angst for a bit. Too much. Instead, family drama. Haven't done that in a while.

Title: Home
    Timeframe: Post-Unifying Force
    Genre: Action
    Characters: Jagged Fel, Jaina Solo, Kyp Durron, Wedge Antilles
    Notes: Here's my fic-gift for FelsGoddess.

Author: DaenaBenjen42
    Title: Concerned and Waiting
    Genre: drama, holiday gift fic
    Time Frame: LOTF-ish (but AU)
    Characters: Han, Jaina, Jagged Fel
    Notes: This is a fic-gift for FelsGoddess

Title: Boys Don't Grow Up, They Just Get Better Toys
    Genre: Humor, Romance
    Summary: Missing scene from Fate of the Jedi

Title: Red Velvet
    Timeframe: Some time after LotF
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel, Kyp Durron
    Genre: holiday fic gift, romance
    Keywords: fic gift, holidays
    Summary: The first day of Fete Week means spilled food, an amorous cashier and a surprise.

Title: Shadows
    Timeframe: This takes place shortly after page 122 in Outcast after Jaina speaks with Kenth.
    Characters: Dab Hantaq, Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel
    Genre: Missing scene
    Keywords: observers
    Summary: Jag finds out exactly who is Jaina's observer.
    Notes: Written for the holiday fanfic challenge at Lomin Ale Cantina

Title: Turnaround
    TImeframe: Post-LotF
    Characters: Jaina, Jag
    Genre: Valentine's Day
    Keywords: fic gift, Jaina, Jag
    Summary: There comes a time when you have to decide what is really important.
    Notes: Valentine's Day Fic-gift Exchange for Jade_eyes.

Title: Incandescence
    Timeframe: Post-FotJ
    Characters: Jagged Fel, Jaina Solo, Tahiri Veila, Han Solo, Leia Organa Solo, Kyp Durron
    Genre: Drabbles
    Keywords: UDC
    Notes: Ultimate Drabble Challenge Six

Author: Hazel & Jade_eyes
    Title: Our time has arrived
    Character: Jaina Solo and Jagged Fel
    Genre: Mush, missing scene
    Summary: After five years of war and a frustrating trip to Csilla, Jag and Jaina enjoy a much needed vacation. This vignette is a missing scene from my Whispers of the Force fic.

Author: Hazel
    Title: Growing into you
    Character: Jaina Solo and Jagged Fel
    Summary: In this viggie, Jag and Jaina met when they were kids.

Author: Hazel
    Title: Rescue & Reprieve
    Genre: drama, implied future romance, AU
    Timeframe: 36 ABY
    Summary: After the Swarm War, Jaina rescues Jag from Tenupe
    Author's notes: />
  24. TKeira_Lea Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Jaina and Jag fans may want to check out my blog for Valentine's Day at Suvudu. Del Rey had some artwork done for the holiday that may be of some interest...

So anyone have a favorite J/J fanfic they've dug up for the holiday?
  25. nostalgia Jedi Master

star 2
    Thanks for posting this link! Most exciting artwork I've seen in a while!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade