main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Behind The Scenes Pics :: Star Wars - Jedi Tales : Fall of the Jedi

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Waylynne, Feb 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waylynne

Waylynne Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2001
    So I've had a lot of feedback from people about the trailer... (ahem, yes I AM trying to fix some of the compositing) ...and some of you wanted to know what our budget was, and how many were in the crew, and when's the film being released, and how did we do this shot and that shot, and when's the film being released, and will there be a BTS video, and when's the film being released...

So we've updated the BTS page on our website... you can see for yourself that we worked with what we had (which wasn't a hell of a lot)...

[face_blush]

Perhaps now you can understand the colour grading and compositing issues...

Anyway... enjoy...

:D

"We ARE Dodgey Bros. Productions !!!" ... pity the name's already taken...

2. Master_Arj

Master_Arj Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2004
    Nice pics. :cool:

To be perfectly honest, I had no problems with the trailer (though I felt it gave away a little too much info about the plot), and I can't wait for this film. I am more hyped about this one than any other upcoming fan films that I know of - and what I saw in a few of those pictures just intensified that. Speaking of which, when IS it going to be released?! I can hardly wait!

Oh, by the way, you should update the site more often. People like me want to know what's going on. :D

3. Raymond_L

Raymond_L Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2004
    looks great!

More Aussie SW Fanfilms hehe!

4. shadesaw

shadesaw Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Great pics!

:D :D :D :D :D

When is movie coming out?

5. BrandonFlyte

BrandonFlyte Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2004
    Nice screen. Why'd the keying come out so sub-par? :p

-Brandon

6. Tech_Krill

Tech_Krill Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    I am curious as well, when does this movie release? I love the shots, and I like the look you've acheived even though "backyard" special effects.

The CG and makeup look astounding :) Good work :)

7. Waylynne

Apr 4, 2001
    Okay, okay... the movie should be done by the end of April 2004... so we'll be looking at an internet release in early May... with luck... and a bit of help from the darkside (after all - it is quicker and easier)...

BrandonFlyte -- yeah, you've made the list, buddy... :p

8. Puzzler2000

Puzzler2000 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 8, 2002
    Nice pics. I have a few questions:

How did having a bluescreen outside affect the lighting and keying? (i've always seen them inside)

How did you build the "flight rig"? (the thing the jedi is swinging on that looks like a quadraped clothesline)

Great costumes, and interesting plots. I'll be sure to catch this one when it comes out!

9. QbnJedi

QbnJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    I have a few questions of my own aswell. What program did you use to get the dessert scenes to look so real. The one with the aircraft flying towards the building on the rocks. Lastly what 3d app are you using to model the aircrafts? Besides that the film looks awsome.

10. Waylynne

Apr 4, 2001
    "Flight Rig" : Incredibly expensive piece of rigging gear - way beyond the budget of mere mortal fan films... but if you've got a $100m budget you can do a search for "Hills Hoist"... If you're really lucky you might find a supplier near you... ;)

Outdoors with Bluescreen : Don't do it unless it's overcast, or you have a decent scrim to diffuse the sunlight. Learnt the hard way that really hard shadow lines are really noticable and really cumbersome to "smudge" out...

CGI : Technical CGI (ships, interiors and architecture) was modelled and rendered in Lightwave 3D. All landscapes are rendered with TerraGen. The files were exported to lightwave for shadow casting and camera path plotting. Then all the layers were taken into After Effects for compositing...

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.