main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN BEHOLD - The Minnesota Force Banner!!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Vader2000, Jun 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vader2000

Vader2000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 1999
    Greetings fellow Star Wars fans. I have completed the banner to be used atop our wonderful message boards. To have a look at this fine piece of work :D, please click right HERE and let me know what you think. I shall e-mail the files to BobaFemme right after this post and hopefully it'll be up on the boards real soon. Thanks.

2. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    That looks great!

I'm sure this'll sound stupid, but... we have a website? ?[face_plain] I wasn't aware, if we do... [face_blush]

~*~Bria

3. Vader2000

Jul 14, 1999
    No, no, you didn't miss anything. :) We WILL have a website, there just isn't one yet. I need to work the whole design of that out too. That will take a little more time to put together, but I should have at least a main splash page to hold it's spot before CONvergence starts.

4. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Ok, good. Thought I was missing something! :p

Can I see the other banner you spoke of? The one with Lando? :D

~*~Bria

5. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    That's really sweet. I had to change the URL when I clicked it, though. You had the TFN boards URL to the left and the actual URL in quotes. But, I was able to find my way there.

Phil

6. Vader2000

Jul 14, 1999
    For all those who are interested, HERE is the link to the original banner.

Phil, I don't think I know what you mean. I highlighted the word HERE and it links straight to the picture. Works on my end anyway.

But, in case I typed something wrong, click THIS to see the final banner design.

7. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Weird, I'm having the same problem as Phil. I looked at your code for the link, and it should work. Most curious. The banner looks great Vader.

8. Fenix

Fenix Jedi Master star 3

Feb 14, 2000
    That looks very cool, Vader. How did you do that 'Minnesota Force'?

9. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeet, Vader. I like the last design better than the first. Keeping Hoth characters with a Hoth background makes more sense.

10. Bria

May 15, 1999
    I like them both, but I think the original is my fav. :)

Hoth is most appropriate for the background. :D

~*~Bria

11. Vader2000

Jul 14, 1999
    Thank you everyone for the kind words. :)

Fenix, the logo for the banner was created in Adobe Illustrator. First, I used the Star Jedi font for all the lettering. Then I drew the bar connecting the M and A with a simple rectangle, and extended it through the right side of the A. I then took the whole logo into Adobe Photoshop, erased the rectangle and letters line cross-overs, and then put the colored layer of the text at 75% transparency to let the background show through. :)

12. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Both of these are very cool (no pun intended). I like the second one better, but I like the pic of Lando you used in #1, he doesn't get enough pub in my opinion.

I'm working on some ideas for the Indy banners here and would enjoy any comments and/or suggestions. Granted, I've never taken an Adobe class, so they aren't as tidy as yours.

Tying Minn. to Hoth gave me another idea for Indy...got to find a decent picture of a cornfield...

13. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Lando rocks. [face_love]

I do think Han's presence is needed too though. ;)

~*~Bria

14. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I agree with Bria, I do like the first one a little better... But, hey! I'm not from MN! Either one is wonderful, though!

15. Master_Eki

Master_Eki Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    I like the second banner...seems to have more balance to it..

Master Eki

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.