main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Being Human: One Story of Order 66

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by barriss31, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barriss31

barriss31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2005
    Disclosure: Star Wars belongs to G. Lucas but these OC's are all my own creation. Beware all who tread here for this is my first story. I hope everyone enjoys the reading as much as I enjoyed the writing. :)

I would also like to thank my Master, DarthIshtar, for all of her help and encouragement!!

Being Human

The day that Order 66 was carried out began no differently than any other day of the war. I left home on that morning and traveled by airbus halfway across the planet to the central government offices where I had worked for the past two years since finishing the university.

My work was one of the best kept secrets on the planet. The glittering, shining marvel that was the galactic capital possessed a filthy, contaminated underbelly of poverty, suffering, and acts best left unsaid. This was my life. My work in Social and Corrective Services. I had chosen this work after graduating despite the other opportunities open to me. My father was furious and declared if he had wanted a martyr he would have given me up at birth to the Jedi. My mother said nothing but a little part of her died right along with her hopes for me.

Strangely enough, my father?s words were prophetic regarding the Jedi and martyrdom though neither one of my parents would ever see the Purges. A speeder accident took them both a few short months after the war began.

I was so numb inside after their deaths, I purposely volunteered for some of the worst duty known to the Social Services: patrolling the lowest planetary levels with Security personnel and Jedi looking for survivors of Coruscant?s dark side, the shameful side that was never mentioned and ?polite society? pretended did not exist.

It was in this place that I finally came to understand why my father called the Jedi martyrs and fools. It was in this place that I finally came to understand why he lived life so angry and why my mother was but a shadow of the woman I had known in my childhood.

Jedi Master Sereth Maret was well into his forties with nearly 30 years of service as knight. His padawan was a boy no more than 14 with gray eyes and dark hair. Maret was a veteran and had finally chosen to take this miserable duty that no one else wanted rather than submit his third padawan to war. He claimed his was the duty of saving lives not taking them as the Jedi had once sworn. I considered him to be an eloquent fool and was in danger of inheriting a measure of my father?s philosophy.

Maret consented to work with me the minute we met despite my lack of experience and poor attitude. He was ever the picture of calm, reason, and kindness. I wanted to choke the man with his own kindness because he made me feel ashamed of myself. More times than not, I found myself paired off with, Garion, his padawan, while Maret took most of the risks entering the seediest places alone.

Jedi Maret?s padawan was a quiet and serious boy that for some unknown reason drew me in. He had been eleven when his first Master died in that arena on Geonosis, and the boy had been left orphaned for nearly two years. The bond between master and apprentice had been strong and, despite the attempts of the Temple soul healers, Garion had carried his grief around like a well worn travel cloak against a dark, squalling storm.

The boy would otherwise have been considered for Bandomeer had the Jedi not lost so many of their number already. The crèche masters knew of the boy?s entry into the Temple as an infant, for that in itself it was like an episode from an old holodrama. The mother had come alone to the Temple stating that her child was force sensitive and deserved to be trained as a Jedi. Tests had shown she was correct, but it was the knowledge that the boy?s father was a former initiate that had been let go that finally secured Garion?s acceptance. Knowing that his son had greater Jedi potential than himself would not sit well with the father and the child?s life would be consumed in attempts to suppress the Force in him. Thus, a mother brokenly gave up her second and last child

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I love these original characters because you put them in a very unusual but credible setting. There's a line in the EU about Jedi being found in all manner of professions and purposes and this very much illustrated that. Also, the change wreaked in Sereth was very marked. You know I'm begging for a sequel or prequel!

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Well done, well done! =D=

My work was one of the best kept secrets on the planet. The glittering, shining marvel that was the galactic capital possessed a filthy, contaminated underbelly of poverty, suffering, and acts best left unsaid. This was my life. My work in Social and Corrective Services. I had chosen this work after graduating despite the other opportunities open to me. My father was furious and declared if he had wanted a martyr he would have given me up at birth to the Jedi. My mother said nothing but a little part of her died right along with her hopes for me.

Strangely enough, my father?s words were prophetic regarding the Jedi and martyrdom though neither one of my parents would ever see the Purges. A speeder accident took them both a few short months after the war began.

I was so numb inside after their deaths, I purposely volunteered for some of the worst duty known to the Social Services: patrolling the lowest planetary levels with Security personnel and Jedi looking for survivors of Coruscant?s dark side, the shameful side that was never mentioned and ?polite society? pretended did not exist.

The underbelly of Coruscant - seldom explored. Your OCs have a life unique to them and are well drawn.

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    WOW - that was very poignant.

You did a great job developing your OC's and it's nice to see the life of an ordinary citizen on Coruscant during this timeframe.

Wonderful job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    I purposely volunteered for some of the worst duty known to the Social Services: patrolling the lowest planetary levels with Security personnel and Jedi looking for survivors of Coruscant?s dark side, the shameful side that was never mentioned and ?polite society? pretended did not exist.

Oooo! Gave me *tingles*

Garion had carried his grief around like a well worn travel cloak against a dark, squalling storm.

Them *tingles* again!

Some civilian air traffic was caught in the crossfire of the clone troopers and a lone Social and Corrective Services official was killed in an airbus accident on the day Order 66 was carried out. Thankfully, no other civilian casualties were reported that day.

:_| That was marvelous, it was nice to see at least one Jedi was thinking ahead!

The Coruscant Social Services...really interesting concept Bariss31!

=D=

6. barriss31

barriss31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2005
    DarthIshtar I think the plot bunny gave birth. You will be the first to know! Once again thanks for all the help!

Valairy_Scot I wanted these characters to be real, have substance. Thanks for reading!

Kelia I wanted to tell the story of the people whose lives were uprooted by the Empire. Glad you enjoyed!

corellian ale Thank you! I just couldn't believe that all the Jedi were that dense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.