Saga Belief (post ROTS - Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon very short vignette) (ROTS spoilers)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarkSithDrew, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. DarkSithDrew Jedi Master

star 4
    The heat bore down on Obi-Wan Kenobi's head. It was hot and dry on this planet, Tatooine. He had been in exile for 3 years now, Luke Skywalker was now a toddler and Obi-Wan was still effected by the birth of Vader.

He had failed his padawan he assured himself over and over, however he knew it was not true. Anakin had done this to himself, there was nothing left Obi-Wan could have done. But only if he could have sensed his dark feelings.... No he was not responsible.

Obi-Wan closed his eyes and began to meditate...

"Master Qui-Gon".

Obi-Wan's master and old friend Qui-Gon Jinn had heard Obi-Wan's call. He then communicated with him through the force.

"Obi-Wan, It is good to hear from you."

"Master..."
    Obi-Wan paused as he felt the presence of his old master.

"Why was the prophecy wrong, why did Anakin turn,why?"

"I do not know, but you are not to blame, it was I who demanded his training, and so I was responsible"

"No, If only you had trained him instead."

"Obi-Wan, you know that Anakin's turn was not your fault, no one, not even Yoda could foresee his betrayal. But Obi-Wan, even dead I still feel that he is the chosen one. I still believe that he will bring balance to the force...somehow."

"But master..."
    Obi-Wan broke down to his knees; he fought back a tear. Even after Anakin's fall Qui-Gon felt that Anakin was still the chosen one. But how could this be, at that very moment Vader was hunting down the Jedi.

Obi-Wan then heard the cry of a toddler through the force.
  2. Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master

star 4
    Interesting vignette, DSD. Is there more coming? The last line almost sounded like a cliffhanger... [face_thinking] I like the contrast between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon that you've captured here -- that Qui-Gon still believes, where Obi-Wan doesn't. It's very much what I can see happening after the events of ROTS.Noce job. :)
  3. DarkSithDrew Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks :) , and there will probably be more coming in a day or two. It will be longer though :p
  4. DarkSithDrew Jedi Master

star 4
  5. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I liked the abruptness of the end... very cliffy-like. I feel bad for poor Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan as it was so much more than either of their blame as to Anakin's betrayal.

I look foward to more. :)
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.