main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Believe Me Baby (I Lied) - A romantic A/A songfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Queen_Sara, Mar 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queen_Sara

Queen_Sara Jedi Master star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    When I heard this song the first thing that came to mind was: Padmé. This song is perfect for her! It's exactly what she said, but in different words. Sad isn't it, that when I listen to a song the first thing I think of is Star Wars? Well anyway, on to the story.....

Believe Me Baby (I Lied) - By Trisha Yearwood

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If there ever was a time,
    That I could use your trust in me.
    And if there ever was a reason,
    For me to get down on my knees.
    And if there?s any way,
    That you can love me anyhow.
    If you ever had much faith in me,
    I could use a little now.

When I said it would suit me fine,
    If you were out of sight and out of mind.
    That wasn?t me talking,
    That was my wounded pride.
    When I said I didn?t want your love,
    And you were no one I was thinking of.
    Believe me baby,
    I lied.

They were thrown roughly into the cart, their hands bound. A wingless Geonosian attached their handcuffs to opposite sides of the cart, making it next to impossible for them to look at each other. They could see some of the arena through the open archway at the end of the tunnel, and from the loud, insect-like cheering sounds they heard, the Geonosians were clamouring for the execution.

Anakin twisted his body around and looked at Padmé, only to find that she was already watching him. Their eyes met, and he noticed something in hers he had never seen before. An emotion that was foreign to him, something he had never in his life seen before. His brow furrowed slightly as he tried to discern what it was.

Several moments passed as they gazed into each other?s eyes, neither wanting to be the first to look away. Around them, the three Geonosians were getting things ready for the execution. But neither was paying any attention to what was happening around them now. He noticed that her eyes were filling with tears, and thought she was scared.

?Don?t be afraid.? He soothed; wishing his hands weren?t confined, so he could hold her. He could tell she was in pain, and he would give anything to make her happy again. But he didn?t know what he could do about it right now, except to calm her with words. She continued to plunge herself deeper into his eyes, the secret emotion the most prominent in hers. He felt as if he was drowning in those brown pools; and he never wanted to come back up for air.

?I?m not afraid to die.? Padmé replied, determination blazing through her tears. She knew she had to tell him, but it was embarrassing to admit after she had pushed him away so much. After all those things she had said, how now could she deny everything? By saying what she was about to, she was turning her back on her people, her career, and her life. But no, Anakin was her life. She knew she had better say it and get it over with, but it was difficult. She wasn?t used to being wrong. ?I?ve been dying a little bit each day since you came back into my life.? She added almost inaudibly.

?What are you talking about?? He questioned, genuinely confused. Was she saying what he thought she was? Was that the mystery emotion in her eyes? Could it possibly be what he had been hoping for? Had she finally realized? He chided himself mentally for getting his hopes up. That question had already been answered, that night two days previous at the lake retreat. Had it only been two days?

Well I got no good excuses.
    But I got plenty of regrets.
    And I wish this was some bad dream,
    I could wake up and forget.
    Cause you?re the only one,
    That I could never stand to lose.
    You?re all I?ve ever wanted,
    And baby that?s the truth.

When I said it would suit me fine,
    If you were out of sight and out of mind.
    That wasn?t me talking,
    That was my wounded pride.
    When I said I didn?t want your love,
    And you were no one I was thinking of.
    Believe me baby,
    I lied.

Padmé bit her lip. She knew there was no turning back now, she had to tell him. It was so hard to find the right words though. What could she say? There was so much she needed to tell him, but

2. aninonymous

aninonymous Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2000
    Very nice! :D
    I always enjoy stories, that take a closer look at their relationship.
    The movie was a little disappointing in that respect.

The song was perfect!

Thanks for sharing :D

3. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    Awww...sweet! [face_love] The words of the song fit so well with story!! Really nice! :)

4. Queen_Sara

Queen_Sara Jedi Master star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    UP!! :D

:) ~*^SARA^*~ :)

5. Heather_Skywalker

Heather_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2002
    Very beautiful Sara! Great job :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.