main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Believe Me: (Response to Songfic Roulette Challege)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RX_Sith, Apr 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Title: Believe Me
    Author: RX_Sith
    Timeframe: During and After "The Empire Strikes Back"
    Characters: Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker
    Genre: Angst, Songfic
    Summary: Response to the Songfic Roulette Challenge; Song #42: Believe Me by Fort Minor.

Flashback to:

Luke Skywalker is moving alongside a gantry on the outside of the control room. The reactor shaft looms below, its winds whistling in Luke's ears.

Vader: You are beaten. It's useless to resist. Don't let yourself be destroyed as Obi-wan did.

Luke lunges at the dark, black figure before him. He evades his fury for but a brief moment as Luke nicks the Dark Lord on the shoulder with his blue lightsaber. The Dark Lord unleashes a torrent of slashes at the unsuspecting Jedi. They mount with more and more intensity. Finally, the monster breaks through, slicing off the hand that was holding the one defense he had left. The lightsaber disappears into the abyss below. The winds now howl their approval as the pain shoots through the right arm of the blue-eyed Jedi.

Luke tucks his right arm into his left armpit and edges himself to the far end of the gantry, trying desparately to force the pain out of his mind. The winds start to serenely dissapate as a hush magnifies the Dark Lord in front out him. He has no escape from the looming figure in front of him. He searches for a solution to his conundrum in the force, but the pain in his arm screams for retribution. No answers come from his questions, just the pulsating pounding that echoes in his arm that resonates to his restless heart.

Vader: There is no escape. Don't make me destroy you. You do not yet realize your importance. You have only begun to discover your power. Join me and I will complete your training. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy.

Luke again searches his feelings. What am I to do? I have no chance of getting out of here. I can't fight him. I am defenseless. I can never join this demonic apparition in front of me. My training wasn't enough. Yoda was right. But, I must find a solution. His arm screams out in agony again as Luke shouts with a fierce rage of emotions boiling over.

Luke: I'll never join you!

Vader: If you only knew the power of the dark side. Obi-Wan never told
    you what happened to your father.

Luke again searches his feelings. What is he talking about? Obi-wan told me that you, you monster, you destroyer, you demon of the darkness that your black armor resonates in the vacuum of the eerie reactor shaft below. Again, his arm shoots pain that extends from one end of his body to the other. He again shouts out at the dark figure before him.

Luke: He told me enough! He told me you killed him.

Vader: No. I am your father.

Shocked, Luke looks at Vader in utter disbelief. No way is that possible. He must be lying. Obi-wan told him that this very abomination murdered and destroyed his father. He must be trying to trick him into this outrageous revelation. Again, his arm experiences massive pain and demands a silence to its fierce struggle for relief. He again screams out in agony his defiant answer.

Luke: No. No. That's not true! That's impossible!

Vader: Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Luke searches his feelings. NO! This demon could not possibly be telling the truth. He shut everything around him out. He searched and searched. NO! WHAT! IMPOSSIBLE! IT COULDN'T BE TRUE! IT COULDN'T! HIS FATHER! STILL ALIVE! RIGHT BEFORE HIM! A MONSTER! A DEMON! IT COULDN'T BE TRUE! IT COULDN'T! Again he screamed as his mind succumbed to the truth revealed in the darkest regions of his mind.

Luke: No! No! No!

Vader: Luke. You can destroy the Emperor. He has foreseen this. It is your destiny. Join me, and we can rule the galaxy as father and son. Come with me. It's the only way.

The emotions swirled through him as he now saw his true father for the first time. His darkness emanated throughout the reactor room to its ve

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Very nice use of the lyrics! Great work! =D=

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww, poor Luke.

Very nice response to the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

4. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    The emotions swirled through him as he now saw his true father for the first time. His darkness emanated throughout the reactor room to its very core. It started to gnarl at the edges of his sanity. It tried to invade his soul. It tried to seduce him with promises of power, retribution for the hand taken from his arm, the fate of all of his problems resolved with but a simple solution. Either join his father before him, or perish into the darkness of the eerie reactor below.

That was my favorite part. So well written!=D=

He was on his own! He believed his father now! There was no more hope! NO MORE HOPE!

:( Poor little Lukie! :_|

5. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Thank you all for the kind compliments that you have given me. I had never heard of this song before, and I'm glad that I was able to incorporate it into this story.

6. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    I thought you picked a perfect scenerio for the lyrics! Luke and Vader's relatioship was perfectly expressed by the song. The connection between the two along with conflict and then Luke's determination to not follow Vader's path was all expressed. These Songfics really change your perception of the song. After reading the meaning that you writer's put to the songs, when you hear the songs play ever after, all I can think of is the story you told. Maybe thats why my life seems to be turning into the star wars universe! LOL. Good Job!

7. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Thanks obsessedwithSW for the compliment that you have given to me regarding this songfic. I'm glad that you liked the conflict between Luke and Vader. Certain songs do tend to incorporate themselves nicely into the Star Wars storyline. I'm glad that this one worked out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.