main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends *Beloved Companion -- Luke Songfic, VotF

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hazel, Nov 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi there: :D :D

You picked a wonderful VOTF moment. :) And superb characterization and wonderfully suitable song.

=D=

Welcome to the boards and writing!

[:D]

3. Overboard4aFel

Overboard4aFel Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    Hi! :D

Speaking as one newbie to the boards to another: DEARGODRUNFORYOURLIFE!.

*ahem*

I meant: Welcome! Everybody's real sweet and fun, and with a beginning fic like that, you're making us other newbies look bad... ;)

Nice job, and looking forward to reading more! I have a special place in my heart for both the Thrawn Trilogy and The Hand Of Thrawn Duology. (Hey, did anyone ever notice that Thrawn was a little self-serving? His organization's acronym spells HOT. [face_not_talking] Guess he could even forsee the fangirls coming...;))

O4aF

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Awesome job =D=

I'm a sucker for anything L/M

Welcome to the crazy, yet therapeutic, world of fanfiction. I'm kinda a newbie here to. Enjoy your last moments of sanity while you still can :p

5. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Ditto!!!!

VOTF is my favorite book, so I love anything from this time period!

Welcome!

6. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    A wonderful first fic! That really was a good moment to use. L/M are just so cute together, and oh, I completely understand how Luke is feeling here. Great job, and welcome to the boards!

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Thank you all for your incentives and Welcomes.

Jade_eyes - I've always thought this song would be perfect for both Luke and Mara.[face_love]

Overboard4aFel - I'm can't be making you look bad, you have the beginning of a great fic back there. Funny I hadn't noticed the HOT thing. [face_laugh]

Briannakin - I've lost my mind a long time ago, so therapy is a good thing. 8-}

JediMara - I love VotF, and all the Zahn novels (I'm only missing Allegiance). =D=

SithGirl132 - Poor Luke, he was so torn in that stage of his life. Marrying Mara was the best idea he ever had.@};-

8. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    To quote another user, upon my first fic post evah: "Wow. That was your first? Nah. That was awesom!" Welcome the boards, Hazel!!!! [:D]

?No, no, no! I can?t do this! I can?t fall again, and then lose her.?
    How many times can one heart be broken and still be fixed?

Right there, you had me. Luke, in the moment of doubt and not believeing or even wanting to think that this time it's for real.

Beta: you missed letters off of words here and there, most notably right here: Than the memory of that gentle kiss found its way back into is mind and he wondered what it would be like to have it returned. (And that 'than' should be a 'then'.)
    and here: But is head remained stubbornly filled with dreams of a future life together.

Well done, and I look forward to more wonderful stories from you. :)

9. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Thanks for the tips Daena, I do have this tendency. You see, english is my second language, so I miss some of these mistakes (I do manage to find most of them) and Word pick doesn't them out.

Anyway Jade_eyes has agreed to help me out there so, hopefully I'll get better.

And thanks for the welcome and comments!

10. Jaded_Girl

Jaded_Girl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    THIS SONG IS PERFECT.

Lovely, lovely songfic! Great job! [:D]

11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Thank you so much, Jaded_Girl!

I'm really glad you liked it. @};-

12. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Very very nice!!! :) I LOVE VOTF...definitely my favorite book! I love both of them in this period, and you captured them so well!! Welcome do the boards, and a great piece to jump in with!!! Bravo!!!!

Huggles,
    [face_good_luck] Irish

13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_blush] Thanks! [face_blush]

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.